Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,682 members, 7,805,812 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:28 AM

How Can I Best Pass My U.S Visa Interview? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Can I Best Pass My U.S Visa Interview? (30045 Views)

Japa: Man Fervently Prays On His Nigerian Passport For U.S Visa, Others (Video) / Simple Ways To Pass Your USA Embassy Visa Interview / Countries With The Highest Rates Of U.S. Visa Refusals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Best Pass My U.S Visa Interview? by KingDann: 8:33am On Jul 01, 2019
Hello Fam,

Hope we’re all having a great day!? I’m feeling quite timorous as I type this.

I’m a Nigerian, but reside and work as a gym instructor in Ghana.

I have interest to experience live 2019 Mr. Olympia in Las Vegas, Neveda, United States coming up on September. It’s important to me because I’m a bodybuilder, fitness instructor and an aspiring Nutritionist.

I have a good friend based in NYC who’s willing to sponsor my visitation. I’ve dusted my papers, got my Nigerian passport and applied for my U.S visa but what I’m a little afraid of is the extremely low rate at which the US embassy grants Africans (Nigerians especially) visas to their country.
Although, my visa interview is in a month time.

I’ve gotten my fact straight but Baba! I still dey fear because I’ve really given a lot for this can’t stand it all go to waste.

Please!! Guys in the house who has experience any visa interview should please give me insightful advice on how to best pass the visa interview.

Meanwhile, I’ll be in the comment section learning and answering queries.

Gracias!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Best Pass My U.S Visa Interview? by Tats(m): 10:58am On Jul 01, 2019
The onus is on you to prove that you will return to your job/location after your visit as you are considered an immigrant and have to prove otherwise. You have to show a high interest in the event which you are going to attend. You should be able to name the key contenders of the competition and state that you have always followed the past events held in Vegas too and have always wished to go for it. You could indicate how attending the event will help to improve your contacts and network and broaden your horizon as many people in your profession will be there.
If there are opportunities for growth in your current gym, you need to indicate that to show that you are aspiring to grow in your current job.

161 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Can I Best Pass My U.S Visa Interview? by Graduateacher(f): 5:49pm On Jul 01, 2019
Just go and try your luck, prepare your mind for the worst

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Can I Best Pass My U.S Visa Interview? by salford1: 6:25pm On Jul 01, 2019
You friend willing to sponsor is living in NYC, while the event is in Nevada. Oh i hope that won't work against you sha.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Can I Best Pass My U.S Visa Interview? by thesicilian: 8:30pm On Jul 01, 2019
Wish you success.
Re: How Can I Best Pass My U.S Visa Interview? by LesbianBoy(m): 8:30pm On Jul 01, 2019
Does America still give visa? grin grin grin grin

75 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Can I Best Pass My U.S Visa Interview? by Badgers14: 8:31pm On Jul 01, 2019
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can I Best Pass My U.S Visa Interview? by fabinfos(f): 8:31pm On Jul 01, 2019
Waiting for answers
Re: How Can I Best Pass My U.S Visa Interview? by austino677(m): 8:31pm On Jul 01, 2019
My brother pray oo

10 Likes

Re: How Can I Best Pass My U.S Visa Interview? by MrWTF(m): 8:31pm On Jul 01, 2019
I will be straight forward.

Bring all your House documents, your family members pictures, your dog pictures, your gateman picture, your village people pictures. See, all your Assets even if na liability like wife or girlfriend pictures. Carry all the documents go the interview.

The only thing they would want to be assured of is that, after your visa expires, you would come back to Nigeria. Shikena..

20 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Can I Best Pass My U.S Visa Interview? by NaijaStudios: 8:31pm On Jul 01, 2019
there's a thread that answers every usa visa questions

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Best Pass My U.S Visa Interview? by TundeeednuT: 8:32pm On Jul 01, 2019
By going there with a charm

By the way. Anyone reading this, this new month shall open doors of favour and breakthrough for you. Just imagine it. Done

Amen

85 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Can I Best Pass My U.S Visa Interview? by crazyABO(m): 8:32pm On Jul 01, 2019
If u hear say the truth and the truth shall set u free na that place them they call so grin forget all the que n check n searching. Go with all document photocopy and originals them as them dey ask pack am give them come with the interview letter toooo. So after they tell u to swear be ready to face naija n oyinbo then know more information about who help u arrange paper n wetin u one go do for there. And mk sure all ans matches wahs in ur paper. Dont be too nervous n too confident. Just say the truth smile n joke with them if u hv good sense of humor n dont forget to pray too. Bro no lies no lies undecided one small lies fit dabaru everything. They will just start adding que u wouldnt want them to ask. Best of luck bro. Let's know when u reach New York incase I ain't in California den we could hang out wink

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Best Pass My U.S Visa Interview? by Olukologia24592(m): 8:32pm On Jul 01, 2019
It's by God's grace.

7 Likes

Re: How Can I Best Pass My U.S Visa Interview? by CocoaOla: 8:32pm On Jul 01, 2019
Don't run away

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Best Pass My U.S Visa Interview? by grandstar(m): 8:33pm On Jul 01, 2019
As long as they are convinced you'll keep to the terms of the visa, I'm sure they'll Grant you one.

So, if you can prove that you'll come back ( like having a fat bank account), they grant you a Visa gift card

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Best Pass My U.S Visa Interview? by Presido24(m): 8:33pm On Jul 01, 2019
Just pray before going, and nothing go happening..your Visa will be granted

18 Likes

Re: How Can I Best Pass My U.S Visa Interview? by iCauseTrouble: 8:33pm On Jul 01, 2019
So you think you can run away after you voted Buhari for second term? Come back here.We die together

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Can I Best Pass My U.S Visa Interview? by Kreamie(m): 8:34pm On Jul 01, 2019
US embassy in Nigeria dey para right now.

Them dey bounce people anyhow. They don’t care where you’ve had travel experience or not. They give you the boot.

11 Likes

Re: How Can I Best Pass My U.S Visa Interview? by Pidginwhisper: 8:34pm On Jul 01, 2019
I'm here to learn. If you're with me,just follow me. grin

14 Likes

Re: How Can I Best Pass My U.S Visa Interview? by patchsk(f): 8:35pm On Jul 01, 2019
It's true and unarguable that Buhari is a bigoted old phool.

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Best Pass My U.S Visa Interview? by good4all40: 8:35pm On Jul 01, 2019
Make sure your documents are genuine, have superb home ties, don't look too desperate, maintain your cool, dress moderately and simple, ask questions if you can not hear what the interviewer is saying don't claim l too know, don't say too much just direct to the point, pray and leave the rest to God.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Best Pass My U.S Visa Interview? by Nonybb: 8:35pm On Jul 01, 2019
Even with all your documents and explanation they can still deny you VISA. There is no criteria for embassy giving you the VISA. They can just smile at you and give you VISA without looking at those documents. But one more thing: if you are asked any question, do not talk too much

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Can I Best Pass My U.S Visa Interview? by ikevictor: 8:35pm On Jul 01, 2019
Tats:
The onus is on you to prove that you will return to your job/location after your visit as you are considered an immigrant and have to prove otherwise. You have to show a high interest in the event which you are going to attend. You should be able to name the key contenders of the competition and state that you have always followed the past events held in Vegas too and have always wished to go for it. You could indicate how attending the event will help to improve your contacts and network and broaden your horizon as many people in your profession will be there.
If there are opportunities for growth in your current gym, you need to indicate that to show that you are aspiring to grow in your current job.

How can one prove all this is an inefficient 2-minute interview focused on template questions?

8 Likes

Re: How Can I Best Pass My U.S Visa Interview? by Nonybb: 8:36pm On Jul 01, 2019
MrWTF:
I will be straight forward.

Bring all your House documents, your family members pictures, your dog pictures, your gateman picture, your village people pictures. See, all your property even if na liability like wife or girlfriend pictures. Carry all the documents go the interview.

The only thing they would want to be assured of is that, after your visa expires, you would come back to Nigeria. Shikena..

Not even that. These people are psychos. I strongly believed they do made up their mind to give certain number of VISAS in a day. It is not about documents, not about assurance. US VISA is just luck. I have someone that is jobless; doesn't have a means of coming back and yet he was given 2 years VISA just like that. My aunty had companies in Nigeria, took all the documents, came and she was turned back

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Can I Best Pass My U.S Visa Interview? by Grupo(m): 8:36pm On Jul 01, 2019
Buhari is a mad man

12 Likes

Re: How Can I Best Pass My U.S Visa Interview? by Amuocha: 8:36pm On Jul 01, 2019
Failed and useless us visa application sad

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Is Anyone Processing MPNP / Motor Accident Along Lokoja-Abuja Expressway (Graphic Photos) / TMTN Visit To OLUMO ROCK Abeokuta, See Full History,new Pictures And Video.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.