Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,917 members, 7,799,115 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 03:25 PM

Pastor Fatoyinbo Steps Down As COZA Pastor Pending Investigations - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Fatoyinbo Steps Down As COZA Pastor Pending Investigations (70156 Views)

Pastor Fatoyinbo Breaks Silence On How He Battled Undisclosed Sickness / CAN Reacts To COZA Pastor Bidoun Fatoyinbo's Rape Allegation By Busola Dakolo / Church Of Satan Blasts Pastor Fatoyinbo Over Rape Allegation By Busola Dakolo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Fatoyinbo Steps Down As COZA Pastor Pending Investigations by AngelicBeing: 11:59am On Jul 01, 2019
Amuocha:
Sai Buhari grin
Wetin Buhari do you, Buhari is a Muslim eating suya, onions and drinking burukutu, and laughing at all the zombies nationwide clapping hands for him, he is also clueless and a demented ogogoro drinker @topic, I feel sad for the pastor, let him that thinks he stands take heed or else he falls

1 Like

Re: Pastor Fatoyinbo Steps Down As COZA Pastor Pending Investigations by Playthepianos: 12:01pm On Jul 01, 2019
omo, this is serious o
MEANWHILE,
I am sure you do not want to miss this one too
Click HERE to see it
Re: Pastor Fatoyinbo Steps Down As COZA Pastor Pending Investigations by Altern8(m): 12:01pm On Jul 01, 2019
paraltero:

Neither has Fatoyinbo filed a defamation suit against any of the women accusing him.

The Dakolos are doing well for themselves but I don't think commiting their resources in a long, drawn out lawsuit against someone richer and more connected than they are is a smart move. Lawsuits are expensive, in case you guys don't know.

But bro, the victim sues the perpetrator.
Re: Pastor Fatoyinbo Steps Down As COZA Pastor Pending Investigations by AngelicBeing: 12:02pm On Jul 01, 2019
InvertedHammer:
/
The elders of the church that he handpicked will investigate him? grin grin grin. Nigerian churches are set up in a cult-like hierarchy. Can made men indict a godfather? We already know their verdict.

Independent investigation is necessary and proper.

/
Hmmmm, if I am the guy, l will quit the pulpit completely and handover to my assistant sad
Re: Pastor Fatoyinbo Steps Down As COZA Pastor Pending Investigations by Reptyle(m): 12:02pm On Jul 01, 2019
kerzhim:
Thats the appropriate thing to do actually.... But i am expecting him to charge Busola Dakolo for Defamation. I will assume that he is guilty of the allegation leveled against him if he fails to do that.

Busola as well should also report formally to the authority, not the social media gra gra.

This will be a slap to the Christianity, if nothing is done.

But isn't that a bit unfair to put the burden of proof on him to prove his innocence?

I thought the maxim is "innocent until proven guilty" and not "guilty until proven innocent".

Even the law says that he that alleges must prove and places the onus of proof on the accuser.

I agree with you that he probably should go to court as one of the ways to clear his name, but that isnt the only way of clearing his name. In order words, if he chooses other ways of clearing his name, that shouldn't be considered as proof of his guilt.

#NOTORAPEEVERYWHERE
Re: Pastor Fatoyinbo Steps Down As COZA Pastor Pending Investigations by Mcreloaded(m): 12:03pm On Jul 01, 2019
Rape is a crime and social media a jungle justice
Re: Pastor Fatoyinbo Steps Down As COZA Pastor Pending Investigations by dotedote: 12:05pm On Jul 01, 2019
So if Busola doesn't start up a case against him, she's still innocent abi ?

kerzhim:
Thats the appropriate thing to do actually.... But i am expecting him to charge Busola Dakolo for Defamation. I will assume that he is guilty of the allegation leveled against him if he fails to do that.

Busola as well should also report formally to the authority, not the social media gra gra.

This will be a slap to the Christianity, if nothing is done.
Re: Pastor Fatoyinbo Steps Down As COZA Pastor Pending Investigations by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:05pm On Jul 01, 2019
oluwalonprovide:
Good Morning Sirs/Ma's

It's So Annoying Seeing This Post Morning and Really Saddens The Heart Except You're Not A Genuine Born Again Christian. I Know This Is What Some People Are Waiting For And Here They Have It! But What Do We Stand To Gain From This? Instead Of That Yesterday Protest While Not Let Declare It A Day To Pray For All Our Leaders Against Temptation And Vice Of the Devil.

He's Wounded Soldier For Real, Instead Of Going Down On Our Kneels And Intercede On His Behalf And Others We Are Here Busy Castigating, Criticizing, Abusing, Cursing, Saying All Kind Of Different Words.... It's A Shame On Every Christian That Really Support The Motion.

Many Of Us Are Suffering Much More Than This, We Are All Hypocrites, We Are Same Like The Scribes And Pharisees, We Always Saw The Weakness Of Others Yet Trying To Play Along Like We Are Better Than Them.

[b]"And the scribes and Pharisees brought unto him a woman taken in adultery; and when they had set her in the midst, 4 They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act. 5 Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou? 6 This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not. 7 So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her. 8 And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground. 9 And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst. 10 When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee? 11 She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more."[/b][/i] JOHN 8

Please, Am Not A COZA Member, I Don't Know Him But I Felt He Really Needs Our Help In Place Of Prayer, Please Let's Tell The Almighty To Help Him In This Hard Time.

[i]"And Jesus went about all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing every sickness and every disease among the people. But when He saw the multitudes, He was moved with compassion on them, because they fainted, and were scattered abroad, as sheep having no shepherd. Then said He to His disciples, The harvest truly is plenteous, but the labourers are few; Pray therefore the Lord of the harvest, that He will send forth labourers into His harvest"
(Matthew 9:35-38).

If you are truly born again and you are not naive then you should have compassion on the flock that are scattered having no shepherd and who are being exploited and used by wolves in sheep's clothing.
Re: Pastor Fatoyinbo Steps Down As COZA Pastor Pending Investigations by AngelicBeing: 12:06pm On Jul 01, 2019
oluwalonprovide:
Good Morning Sirs/Ma's

It's So Annoying Seeing This Post Morning and Really Saddens The Heart Except You're Not A Genuine Born Again Christian. I Know This Is What Some People Are Waiting For And Here They Have It! But What Do We Stand To Gain From This? Instead Of That Yesterday Protest While Not Let Declare It A Day To Pray For All Our Leaders Against Temptation And Vice Of the Devil.

He's Wounded Soldier For Real, Instead Of Going Down On Our Kneels And Intercede On His Behalf And Others We Are Here Busy Castigating, Criticizing, Abusing, Cursing, Saying All Kind Of Different Words.... It's A Shame On Every Christian That Really Support The Motion.

Many Of Us Are Suffering Much More Than This, We Are All Hypocrites, We Are Same Like The Scribes And Pharisees, We Always Saw The Weakness Of Others Yet Trying To Play Along Like We Are Better Than Them.

[b]"And the scribes and Pharisees brought unto him a woman taken in adultery; and when they had set her in the midst, 4 They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act. 5 Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou? 6 This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not. 7 So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her. 8 And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground. 9 And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst. 10 When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee? 11 She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more."[/b][i][/i] JOHN 8

Please, Am Not A COZA Member, I Don't Know Him But I Felt He Really Needs Our Help In Place Of Prayer, Please Let's Tell The Almighty To Help Him In This Hard Time.
cool
Re: Pastor Fatoyinbo Steps Down As COZA Pastor Pending Investigations by itu404(m): 12:08pm On Jul 01, 2019
plaetton:

Good for him to have stepped down.

I pray for all his victims to summon the courage to step out and speak up.
I pray that he never gets the chance molest anyone ever again.
So you have already found him guilty
Re: Pastor Fatoyinbo Steps Down As COZA Pastor Pending Investigations by DrUche3(m): 12:08pm On Jul 01, 2019
Much as I don't support a man raping a woman, pls let's all apply caution in sensitive issues like this because we were not present when the said rape was done. How are we even so sure she was raped?! I mean can all of u carrying it on ur head because a pastor is involved substantiate this claim Even if she was raped, I'm quite sure some of you seeking Pastor Biodun's head have done worse!

Let me equally advise some of you social media Christians who don't even understand scriptures to be very mindful of ur utterances and actions when men of God are concerned! We all have sinned! Pastor Biodun is not a superhuman and is equally not above temptations of women! He is first a man before the God factor for Christ sake!

We claim to be Christians yet we join atheist and other non Christians to cast stones on our fathers of faith more so, an event that occurred years ago.

If Pastor Biodun is eventually found guilty, will you be fulfilled that a shepherd has been struck down and the flock left?!

Be Properly Guided

Read Numbers 12:1-end [For Christians Only]
Re: Pastor Fatoyinbo Steps Down As COZA Pastor Pending Investigations by BuddhaPalm(m): 12:10pm On Jul 01, 2019
Such a fvcked up precedent.

Imagine the future ramifications...

Some ho can just wake up and take aim at any dude with some spurious claims from 50 years ago.
Re: Pastor Fatoyinbo Steps Down As COZA Pastor Pending Investigations by AdeTish: 12:12pm On Jul 01, 2019
inoki247:

Shey na d 55mins interview u go tender for court as evidence ni... is just like people tendering Surviving Kelly series Movie as Evidence in court against R kelly... U guys are just using ur emotions to give Judgement daz not aw d Law works... let him b Sued simple as ABC

Watch the video and if truly if you have the fear of God then come with a better assessment and reply me
Re: Pastor Fatoyinbo Steps Down As COZA Pastor Pending Investigations by AngelicBeing: 12:13pm On Jul 01, 2019
InvertedHammer:

/
Prayers do not solve ills in a sane society. Jail is a big deterrent. Nigeria claims to be a prayerful nation but see where she is today. Folks like you are the ones keeping Nigeria chained to abyss with your hypocritical suggestions.

/
Chai, l kind of agree with your position, that is why I said in my previous post that if I was the one, I will quit the pulpit completely because his reputation has been destroyed completely

1 Like

Re: Pastor Fatoyinbo Steps Down As COZA Pastor Pending Investigations by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jul 01, 2019
seunmsg:
Good riddance. Now that he has stepped aside as pastor of the church, a formal complaint should be lodged against him at FCT Police command and thorough investigation should be conducted. Every lady with a story of abuse by the pastor should be encouraged to come forward and tell their stories. At the end of the day, we want to see full prosecution of the accused if necessary.

Is the fight against the pastors or against rape ?? so other victims if it is not a pastor stay away
Emotions hibernates the brain hence why most nigerians react n think later. pastor naa title they are fallible as any humans. rape is rape regardless of personalities involve.
Let the struggle be against rape in naija,church is just a section

1 Like

Re: Pastor Fatoyinbo Steps Down As COZA Pastor Pending Investigations by Shhhh01(f): 12:16pm On Jul 01, 2019
saints2:
It takes a lot of courage to be strong especially in a time like this. The Senior Pastor of COZA, writes an emotional letter as he addresses the issues and reacts to issues being raised in the media... But this time, he didn't use the church letter headed paper as he writes from an A4 paper.

Remember he has stepped down as the pastor in order to give room for elders to investigate on the matter. He seems to have disabled comments on his page in order not to cause unncessary backlash as he has been receiving.

In whatever angle you may be, just take a moment and pray for him...

Read below...

Source:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BzXkF8hBnSv/

Mennnnnnnn this guy fine die ooooo. but na wolf in sheep's clothing.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Fatoyinbo Steps Down As COZA Pastor Pending Investigations by nanizle(m): 12:16pm On Jul 01, 2019
Lagosfinder:

There is a battle against the church you dont know about

You guys and your invincible enemies. Smh.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Fatoyinbo Steps Down As COZA Pastor Pending Investigations by inoki247: 12:17pm On Jul 01, 2019
AdeTish:

Watch the video and if truly if you have the fear of God then come with a better assessment and reply me

is not about me watching the Video leave all diz emotions behind nd let Justice take charge... so if someone just make a Video about you. You expect me to accept it without giving you a benefit of doubt...
Re: Pastor Fatoyinbo Steps Down As COZA Pastor Pending Investigations by TruthHurts100: 12:17pm On Jul 01, 2019
saints2:
It takes a lot of courage to be strong especially in a time like this. The Senior Pastor of COZA, writes an emotional letter as he addresses the issues and reacts to issues being raised in the media... But this time, he didn't use the church letter headed paper as he writes from an A4 paper.

Remember he has stepped down as the pastor in order to give room for elders to investigate on the matter. He seems to have disabled comments on his page in order not to cause unncessary backlash as he has been receiving.

In whatever angle you may be, just take a moment and pray for him...

Read below...

Source:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BzXkF8hBnSv/

Naaaaaa.... He's playing sober.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Fatoyinbo Steps Down As COZA Pastor Pending Investigations by Papyk: 12:17pm On Jul 01, 2019
saints2:
Its well sir....
We also hope that the COZA bank account signatory will be transfer to another person that it is not a wife or relations.
Re: Pastor Fatoyinbo Steps Down As COZA Pastor Pending Investigations by daddytime(m): 12:18pm On Jul 01, 2019
uuzba:

Wife? The idiot has wife and is raping another woman still?
What pomposity.
Because you are pastor, you think you are now bullet proof to sin and temptation? Dey wear shoe, carry watch for hand, carry body guard?
All devil needs is for you to be proud and pompous and he will penetrate your defence and mess the f**K out of you.

Chirstian ko.
Jesus that you are following, which fine new clothew did he wear? You think pastor work is for people who so much desire worldly wealth?

Are you referring to me or the pastor? Asking because I'm lost.
Re: Pastor Fatoyinbo Steps Down As COZA Pastor Pending Investigations by vineyardfarms: 12:23pm On Jul 01, 2019
TANTUMERGO007:
I no trust this man he may be under a curse to rape and feel remorseful...
HOW WILL YOU FEEL IF IT TURNS OUT TO BE FALSE ALLIGATION? THIS IS A VERY SENSITIVE MATTER. ALLOW IT TO PLAY OUT, HE HAS STEP DOWN
Re: Pastor Fatoyinbo Steps Down As COZA Pastor Pending Investigations by HEFAIROHLUWA(m): 12:23pm On Jul 01, 2019

1 Like

Re: Pastor Fatoyinbo Steps Down As COZA Pastor Pending Investigations by plaetton: 12:24pm On Jul 01, 2019
itu404:

So you have already found him guilty
I'm not concerned about the legal thresholds of guilt and innocence here. We both know that he would never be dragged through the rigours of a sound independent criminal investigation in Nigeria.
119 human beings had their heads smashed into pieces at T.B clown Joshua's bullshyt mountain. No one has been criminally prosecuted for that mass homicide.
No one expects justice in this failed nation.

This COZA creep has a history of sexually preying on female members of his church.
I believe he is guilty of raping the lady, and I'm entitled to that opinion.
I also personally believe that this current accuser is just one of many many victims that this pulpit pim.p has been preying upon for most of his churchprenueral career.

The good thing for him is that he would never be prosecuted in criminal court in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Fatoyinbo Steps Down As COZA Pastor Pending Investigations by MeeLan: 12:26pm On Jul 01, 2019
the most difficult crimes to solve are those committed by smart ass dudes. Don't be distracted by any act suggesting gallantry. if he took leave from pulpit but still dey chop offering money. las las all na major scam.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Fatoyinbo Steps Down As COZA Pastor Pending Investigations by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:28pm On Jul 01, 2019
Acidosis:

Nothing emotional about this. Lecturers have been perpetrating greater evils since the '80s with young college girls. The unlucky ones among them have lost their jobs and pedegree in the procees. Nothing will change unless the people act, Fatoyinbo is not greater than Lecturers who lost their jobs over sex for grade and rape allegations.

But when a man claims to be a shepherd of the flock he is to be held much more accountable than others.
Re: Pastor Fatoyinbo Steps Down As COZA Pastor Pending Investigations by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jul 01, 2019
seunmsg:
Good riddance. Now that he has stepped aside as pastor of the church, a formal complaint should be lodged against him at FCT Police command and thorough investigation should be conducted. Every lady with a story of abuse by the pastor should be encouraged to come forward and tell their stories. At the end of the day, we want to see full prosecution of the accused if necessary.

Are you trying to say if he doesn’t step down a formal complaint can’t be lodged against him at a police command ?

Are pastors above the law?

You’re just plainly stupid
Re: Pastor Fatoyinbo Steps Down As COZA Pastor Pending Investigations by monex(m): 12:31pm On Jul 01, 2019
flexxyworld:
Nigerians and sentiments. There are many sides to this story but mounting so much pressure of this man is so uncalled for because he's a pastor or because of the celebrity status of the party involved. We have had worse case situation and recent that nothing was done by this same activist or populist. let's allow the law court do their job and we should keep an open mind on the situation. We have not even had pastor biodun's version and we are making conclusions . I pray for his family and that of dakolo to be strong.

it is the right thing. He has to step down and be investigated whether innocent or not.

for the bolded, why can't he bring his own version so we can spot the logical inconsistencies just like we did so vehemently on Busola's story.
Re: Pastor Fatoyinbo Steps Down As COZA Pastor Pending Investigations by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:33pm On Jul 01, 2019

Well, I have no hope that anything would happen

Rape cases usually fail because of late reporting. Assuming Fatoyinbo raped the young woman, the best time to collect evidence is in the first 48 hours. It's been 20 years, and a lot of water has passed under the bridge.

The end of this is that Fatoyinbo is going to be back in the saddle in 6 months time, doing what he loves (not doing what God called him to do).

But Fatoyinbo is also alleged to have repeatedly violated his marital vows. That is not what a pastor should do, and that is wrong. If he knows he has done so, then he better repent and seek God's face.

Same goes for his 'bedfellows' like Sunday Adelaja (God Embassy in Ukraine), Timothy Omotoso (Dominion International Church in South Africa) etc.
Re: Pastor Fatoyinbo Steps Down As COZA Pastor Pending Investigations by monex(m): 12:34pm On Jul 01, 2019
inoki247:
he sha don step aside now... Oya charge him to court Abi u guys just wan start wetin u no fit finish... Some people Just want to take down iz career without wanting to get to the root of d Mata...

well he didnt need to step down before he can be charged to court. Pastors do not enjoy immunity from prosecution.
Re: Pastor Fatoyinbo Steps Down As COZA Pastor Pending Investigations by ekitimanalways(m): 12:40pm On Jul 01, 2019
flexxyworld:
Nigerians and sentiments. There are many sides to this story but mounting so much pressure of this man is so uncalled for because he's a pastor or because of the celebrity status of the party involved. We have had worse case situation and recent that nothing was done by this same activist or populist. let's allow the law court do their job and we should keep an open mind on the situation. We have not even had pastor biodun's version and we are making conclusions. I pray for his family and that of dakolo to be strong.
It's hypocritical of them (activists).
Re: Pastor Fatoyinbo Steps Down As COZA Pastor Pending Investigations by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:41pm On Jul 01, 2019
Antoeni:

Hope he also Stop been Signatory to Church Account

Good point. cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

Temiloluwa Adeboye Celebrates Her Birthday (Photo) / Pastor Enters Into Church On A Hoverboard (Photos) / 4 Singers Chris Oyakhilome Has Mentored

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.