Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,325 members, 7,808,093 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:04 AM

How To Track A Stolen Mobile Phone Using The IMEI Number - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Track A Stolen Mobile Phone Using The IMEI Number (6847 Views)

How Can I Track Lost Phone Using IMEI Number / Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July / I Want To Change The Imei Of My Tecno K9 Please Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Track A Stolen Mobile Phone Using The IMEI Number by abbey37(m): 3:20pm On Jul 01, 2019
Sadly i fell a victim of the "on chance" robbers at the weekend when i boarded a bus to oshodi from second rainbow bus-stop on the apapa-oshodi express way, luckily i pleaded and was left unhurt i also was able to block all my bank accounts to prevent further disaster and i proceeded to a near by police station where i was directed to several other police stations till i eventually ended up at the orile police station where i was able to file a report, on filing my report the officers sympathized with me and i was able to engage one of the officers and asked if the phone can be tracked and retrieved for me? she said yes but advised i go to the SARS office of lagos command headquarters that it could be done there.

Early today i went to the SARS office at the lagos command police HQ as advised, on getting there i met a couple of the officers and i explained my mission and i was almost almost discouraged by the utterance of one of the officers when he asked me how much i bought but the phone and mentioned the charges i am going to incur if they would track and retrieve the phone for me but one of the other officers quickly rebuke him from discouraging me and offered to help me at a cost a little above 60% of the cost of the phone, i feel like giving up and resign to fate but i have this strong feeling to carry on if not for my personal interest but to get this criminals behind bars and prevent them from preying on other unsuspecting innocent citizens.

If you are a SARS official here and can be of help please signify and if the lagos command headquarters of the nigerian police can see this too please help!!! Guys please advice.

Admins please help push this to the frontpage.
Re: How To Track A Stolen Mobile Phone Using The IMEI Number by Skyteam7: 3:28pm On Jul 01, 2019
Even against bank transfers they frustrate investigations
Re: How To Track A Stolen Mobile Phone Using The IMEI Number by Kalashnikov102(m): 3:39pm On Jul 01, 2019
I paid #10000 to a police officer at the tracking unit for my Infinix note5 to be tracked since March Up til now na xo xo story ah dey hear sad

3 Likes

Re: How To Track A Stolen Mobile Phone Using The IMEI Number by Pharaoh4rin(m): 5:05pm On Jul 01, 2019
I fell victim last year December when some armed robbers came to rob me in my house. I was robbed of 3 phones and laptop and some money. When I made do to track it through SARS, I paid d tracking fee but till now, nothing happens. I've learnt my lesson. Those SARS are fraud who are good in nothing but brutality. They are bunch of opportunist. Forget ur fones and hustle for another one. I feel u.

2 Likes

Re: How To Track A Stolen Mobile Phone Using The IMEI Number by stanboy28(m): 5:24pm On Jul 01, 2019
Lol.. Imie is shit.. That can change the imie of any phone in seconds.. Its non reliable.. Jst forget if your phone gets stolen.. Because it might be in the hands of one innocent person
Re: How To Track A Stolen Mobile Phone Using The IMEI Number by gift2xl: 6:18pm On Jul 01, 2019
I laugh, U can track ur phone when u account the phone with Google.Gmail, secondly the location has to be on. with these u personally can track ur phone useing someone else phone to track and apprend the thief. best of luck
Re: How To Track A Stolen Mobile Phone Using The IMEI Number by sparog(m): 6:19pm On Jul 01, 2019
You better don't waste your money, just save the money and buy another phone
Re: How To Track A Stolen Mobile Phone Using The IMEI Number by Nbote(m): 6:35pm On Jul 01, 2019
Isn't it stupidity for U to consider paying 60% of d cost of ur fone for it to b tracked? Let's assume dey succeed in tracking it U do realise U'll still incur some more expenses in getting d fone... Are U tracking it to g3t it back becos of d info in d fone which by now I'm sure has been wiped from d device..
Re: How To Track A Stolen Mobile Phone Using The IMEI Number by elantraceey(f): 7:17pm On Jul 01, 2019
Those people are hopeless, I was told 50k to track. mine with no assurance, I just had to give it up, that's too much money to gamble like that.
Re: How To Track A Stolen Mobile Phone Using The IMEI Number by itsme01: 7:36pm On Jul 01, 2019
abbey37:
Sadly i fell a victim of the "on chance" robbers at the weekend when i boarded a bus to oshodi from second rainbow bus-stop on the apapa-oshodi express way, luckily i pleaded and was left unhurt i also was able to block all my bank accounts to prevent further disaster and i proceeded to a near by police station where i was directed to several other police stations till i eventually ended up at the orile police station where i was able to file a report, on filing my report the officers sympathized with me and i was able to engage one of the officers and asked if the phone can be tracked and retrieved for me? she said yes but advised i go to the SARS office of lagos command headquarters that it could be done there.

Early today i went to the SARS office at the lagos command police HQ as advised, on getting there i met a couple of the officers and i explained my mission and i was almost almost discouraged by the utterance of one of the officers when he asked me how much i bought but the phone and mentioned the charges i am going to incur if they would track and retrieve the phone for me but one of the other officers quickly rebuke him from discouraging me and offered to help me at a cost a little above 60% of the cost of the phone, i feel like giving up and resign to fate but i have this strong feeling to carry on if not for my personal interest but to get this criminals behind bars and prevent them from preying on other unsuspecting innocent citizens.

If you are a SARS official here and can be of help please signify and if the lagos command headquarters of the nigerian police can see this too please help!!! Guys please advice.

yes they can even if its a palasa phone,.. their tracker is 100% effective and they would lead a team to effect the arrest... well atleast the ones in Ibadan

2 Likes

Re: How To Track A Stolen Mobile Phone Using The IMEI Number by seelawd(m): 9:42pm On Jul 01, 2019
they can track it a security operative at abuja that helped me track mine in port Harcourt with just 25k which I recovered from the thieves call 08037111012 tell me Lawrence gave u his number

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How To Track A Stolen Mobile Phone Using The IMEI Number by Oreoluwa5: 10:14pm On Jul 01, 2019
bros no even make d mistake of giving dem dat money dose people r scam. i lost my new infinix hot 6 of 3 month on the 12 of april dis year went to police state command here in kaduna explain to dem and dey ask me to bring 15k for tracking i beg my pman for d money with hope of retrieving d phone, naso so dis pipo play me up and down from one police station to anoda, i even gv anodo police 2k again after months of stressing me[i even cum dy visit police station like say na my papa house]

1 Like

Re: How To Track A Stolen Mobile Phone Using The IMEI Number by Oreoluwa5: 10:30pm On Jul 01, 2019
d tracking analysis came out dey gv me one yeye paper abt the target using my phone that he his in kaduna and dat where i stay and that i should bring additional 7k for feul to get the person, pls dat i can take 150 bus fare to. naso i just vex o i forget abt the phone... aswr he no go beta for dose olopa dem just extort me ne. i for just save dat money to get another one.. nw na one condem phone i dy use...[in jenifers voice)ah my neat hot6 i mizz u so much
Re: How To Track A Stolen Mobile Phone Using The IMEI Number by Hintona(f): 12:14am On Jul 02, 2019
But they know how to disturb innocent people with dreadlocks

1 Like

Re: How To Track A Stolen Mobile Phone Using The IMEI Number by ezedioranma9(m): 1:46am On Jul 02, 2019
gift2xl:
I laugh, U can track ur phone when u account the phone with Google.Gmail, secondly the location has to be on. with these u personally can track ur phone useing someone else phone to track and apprend the thief. best of luck
Which one is you laugh? Have you seen someone that it worked for before?
No wonder nobody even questioned you. Dem no say na thrash you yarn.

3 Likes

Re: How To Track A Stolen Mobile Phone Using The IMEI Number by Bestinstinct(m): 4:31am On Jul 02, 2019
Tracking your phone is very possible but the result can be dicey. For instance, smart thieves don't sell instantly just to avoid the phone being tracked. And to those complaining of paying and not getting favorable results, it's either the phone was pieced and used as spare parts (as thieves has nothing to loss) or it was kept for later days that you must have given up searching. Before embarking on tracking, I do advice people that it's a gamble...win or loss but I will be sincere in my dealings. Wish u luck bro

3 Likes

Re: How To Track A Stolen Mobile Phone Using The IMEI Number by gift2xl: 6:28am On Jul 02, 2019
ezedioranma9:
Which one is you laugh? Have you seen someone that it worked for before?
No wonder nobody even questioned you. Dem no say na thrash you yarn.

your naive, you read without understanding.
Re: How To Track A Stolen Mobile Phone Using The IMEI Number by Davepal: 7:16am On Jul 02, 2019
Go and track your phone through Google Gmail Account. You can see the last location of your phone, and when the phone came online. You can even send a warning to the new owner. Format the phone and ring the phone from your end.
Re: How To Track A Stolen Mobile Phone Using The IMEI Number by Chimezie250(m): 8:11am On Jul 02, 2019
op which type of phone are you using,mtk, Qualcomm,if it's mtk phone like itel,tecno or infinix your chance of getting it is zero , because it can easily be wipe ,Gmail bypass and IMEI change but if it's Qualcomm like Samsung,HTC or lg I will say your chance of getting it is over 70percent but you must be patient,just leave it like after one month,go to Ikeja computer village make inquiry's, their are some guys that track stolen phone
Re: How To Track A Stolen Mobile Phone Using The IMEI Number by crixlight2(m): 9:06am On Jul 02, 2019
stanboy28:
Lol.. Imie is shit.. That can change the imie of any phone in seconds.. Its non reliable.. Jst forget if your phone gets stolen.. Because it might be in the hands of one innocent person
what of iPhone IMIE
Re: How To Track A Stolen Mobile Phone Using The IMEI Number by several: 9:19am On Jul 02, 2019
Davepal:
Go and track your phone through Google Gmail Account. You can see the last location of your phone, and when the phone came online. You can even send a warning to the new owner. Format the phone and ring the phone from your end.

guy this format no dey work for nija. I once tried it with the fone I was tracking right beside me. the phone only rang after 2minutes of sending the request, the warning message did appeared after some time but it was inconsequential. the location thingy na him spoil the show. phone wey dey beside me yeye Google dey tell me say na Niger republic be the last location. mind you if the phone you are tracking is off, Google no fit tell you.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Track A Stolen Mobile Phone Using The IMEI Number by Jibwillz: 9:35am On Jul 02, 2019
Contact this guy on twitter... He tracks stolen fones for a token...

Re: How To Track A Stolen Mobile Phone Using The IMEI Number by Omoapena(m): 2:03pm On Jul 02, 2019
abbey37:

OP

The stress doesn't worth it...

Just move on with another phone...
Re: How To Track A Stolen Mobile Phone Using The IMEI Number by stanboy28(m): 9:00pm On Jul 04, 2019
crixlight2:
what of iPhone IMIE
that one is left for the gods ����
Re: How To Track A Stolen Mobile Phone Using The IMEI Number by Ballack1(m): 4:22pm On Sep 28, 2020
Keep your money bro..I paid for tracking since January,till now no positive result
Re: How To Track A Stolen Mobile Phone Using The IMEI Number by princemillla(m): 5:37pm On Sep 28, 2020
Kalashnikov102:
I paid #10000 to a police officer at the tracking unit for my Infinix note5 to be tracked since March Up til now na xo xo story ah dey hear sad

Request to meet the dpo of this officer and report it straight to the dpo. It might Take u extra effort to see the dpo but pls do
Re: How To Track A Stolen Mobile Phone Using The IMEI Number by vichaz10(m): 11:34pm On Nov 29, 2020
Jibwillz:
Contact this guy on twitter... He tracks stolen fones for a token...

How true is this boss
Re: How To Track A Stolen Mobile Phone Using The IMEI Number by davit: 8:22am On Nov 30, 2020
Scam!
vichaz10:

How true is this boss
Re: How To Track A Stolen Mobile Phone Using The IMEI Number by vichaz10(m): 11:10pm On Dec 01, 2020
davit:
Scam!

shocked shocked thanks boss

(1) (Reply)

Itel Mobile Facebook Fanpage Online Now! / Airtel Nigeria BBM Suscription Code For Android And Iphone / How To Cancel Auto-renewal On MTN Data Plans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.