Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,047 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:44 AM

The Fellowship With Christ And Church - COZA Case Study - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Fellowship With Christ And Church - COZA Case Study (204 Views)

COZA Pastor's Rape Accusation: Before You Join The Band Wagon, Neymar Case Study / COZA Pastor: Ese Walter Reacts To Current Alleged Sex Scandal / Ese Walter Of COZA Sex Scandal Separates From Husband (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Fellowship With Christ And Church - COZA Case Study by Wallade(m): 5:16pm On Jul 01, 2019
We are all familiar with the development on Pastor Biodun Vs Busola Dakolo episodes which put COZA on the spot. Since the video of the interview granted by Busola Dakolo hit the internet, a lot has been happening.

Notable recent development on the controversy is the correspondence of Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo about his decision to step down indefinitely from the leadership position he occupied in the church.

However, there are also social media notice or correspondence of members of the church publicly renouncing membership of the church in reaction to the events unfolding.

These members reactions got me wondering:

1. Why do we gather in church?
2. What informs our decision on the denomination or church to attend?
3. Why do you fellowship at your church?

I would like every christian to review these questions to better understand the church. For me,

I attend and gather in my church to fellowship among the people with God. The house of God is in my heart/mind/spirit moreover, the gathering in a physical house - church - is to: thank, worship & reverence God; listen, study and share knowledge of the words of God; experience the blessings, spiritual gifts and grace of God; associate with other christians, care for other christians and also receive care from other christians.

My decision to attend and remain at my church was influenced by distance, my wife, my background, the atmosphere and comfort moreover.

I reached the decision ultimately because I spiritually connect with my God almighty every time I fellowship with God in that church. I get better understanding and deeper rhema of the words of God through seasoned and renowned teachers, pastors and preachers. My wife feels the same way but I don't know about every other person and I honestly can not speak for every other person that attends my church.

I don't attend my church because of a particular person, family or pastor.
I don't worship pastors, teachers and leaders in my church, though I have a lot of respect for them.
I understand that everyone in my church, including the senior pastor, pastors, leaders and teachers, is human and we are there to build the church, help ourselves in life and spiritually and ultimately worship and serve God.
The fall of any of us, I mean anyone, due to sin, action or inaction does not ultimately influence my decision to renounce membership of my church except I am directed by God or disconnected from God in my church.
So help me God.

Before you jump the ship of COZA, please review the questions above dispassionately and let your sincere answers guide your decision.
Moreover, every church has her own challenges so, should I suddenly jump the ship upon discovery of the challenges and problems in my church.

My people, think again!

(1) (Reply)

The Interpretation Of The Dream Of When Your Staff Is Lost Or Stolen / Before You Sleep, Meditate And Pray With This / How To Stop Pre Marital And Extra Marital Sex.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.