Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,518 members, 7,808,889 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:45 PM

MTN Sim Refusing To Browse Since Sunday Night - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN Sim Refusing To Browse Since Sunday Night (1799 Views)

Block Your Stolen/lost Mtn Sim Card In Minutes / How To Get Any Mtn Sim To Be Eigible For The 1GB @N200 And 4GB @1K Data Plans. / How To Make Your Mtn Sim Eligible For Mtn N200 For 1gb (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MTN Sim Refusing To Browse Since Sunday Night by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jul 01, 2019
am i the only one whose MTN sim refused browsing now since Sunday night?

I've called customer care countless times, they have refreshed my line. I've changed settings, switched off tire.

it'll work for like 2 mins sometimes and then stop.

what's going on? any solution?

1 Like

Re: MTN Sim Refusing To Browse Since Sunday Night by GuestLog: 8:16pm On Jul 01, 2019
Go to your Access Point Name in settings

Edit your MTN APN settings in MTN NG
Remove Proxy
Remove Port
Remove Username
Remove Password
Set Authentication type as: pap or chap

Save settings
Remove data network and put back on.
Re: MTN Sim Refusing To Browse Since Sunday Night by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jul 01, 2019
GuestLog:
Go to your Access Point Name in settings
Edit your MTN APN settings in MTN NG Remove Proxy Remove Port Remove Username Remove Password Set Authentication type as: pap or chap
Save settings Remove data network and put back on.

I'll try now. thanks

1 Like

Re: MTN Sim Refusing To Browse Since Sunday Night by GuestLog: 8:48pm On Jul 01, 2019
mrvocalprowess:

I'll try now. thanks
any luck?
Re: MTN Sim Refusing To Browse Since Sunday Night by Bgcentz(m): 8:48pm On Jul 01, 2019
Remover the simcard and lick the metal then insert it again
Re: MTN Sim Refusing To Browse Since Sunday Night by sholatech(m): 10:23pm On Jul 01, 2019
Same here since Saturday Evening. Can't browse
Re: MTN Sim Refusing To Browse Since Sunday Night by Suspect33(m): 10:38pm On Jul 01, 2019
do people still use MTN, port to glo asap and have peace of mind cool
Re: MTN Sim Refusing To Browse Since Sunday Night by Nobody: 11:21pm On Jul 01, 2019
GuestLog:
any luck?
non. didn't work.
I've called customer care like 20 times already.
Re: MTN Sim Refusing To Browse Since Sunday Night by Nobody: 11:22pm On Jul 01, 2019
sholatech:
Same here since Saturday Evening. Can't browse

are you using the welcome back plan? cos that's what I'm using.
Re: MTN Sim Refusing To Browse Since Sunday Night by GuestLog: 11:49pm On Jul 01, 2019
mrvocalprowess:

non. didn't work.

I've called customer care like 20 times already.
have you tried another SIM in your phone or your SIM in another phone?
Re: MTN Sim Refusing To Browse Since Sunday Night by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jul 02, 2019
GuestLog:
have you tried another SIM in your phone or your SIM in another phone?

yes. connected for 2 mins and stopped connecting.

since Sunday 12 midnight till now. i have called and they keep insisting nothing is wrong.
Re: MTN Sim Refusing To Browse Since Sunday Night by GuestLog: 4:02pm On Jul 02, 2019
mrvocalprowess:

yes. connected for 2 mins and stopped connecting.

since Sunday 12 midnight till now. i have called and they keep insisting nothing is wrong.
which of them didn't work? Is it:

a. Another SIM in your phone didn't browse?
b. Your SIM in another phone didn't browse?

I'm trying to determine what the root cause of the matter is. I also hope you do not have a proxy setting running from another app or there is a data cap limit setting on your phone?
Re: MTN Sim Refusing To Browse Since Sunday Night by Sicilyjoe: 4:24pm On Jul 02, 2019
My own stop since Saturday night and started browsing again yesterday afternoon, same thing happened last two weeks Friday and start to browse by Wednesday last weekend and it stop this Saturday again and start yesterday
Re: MTN Sim Refusing To Browse Since Sunday Night by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jul 02, 2019
Sicilyjoe:
My own stop since Saturday night and started browsing again yesterday afternoon, same thing happened last two weeks Friday and start to browse by Wednesday last weekend and it stop this Saturday again and start yesterday

nawa. what's causing this? all my years using mtn this is the first time this is happening to me.
Re: MTN Sim Refusing To Browse Since Sunday Night by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jul 02, 2019
GuestLog:
which of them didn't work? Is it:

a. Another SIM in your phone didn't browse?
b. Your SIM in another phone didn't browse?

I'm trying to determine what the root cause of the matter is. I also hope you do not have a proxy setting running from another app or there is a data cap limit setting on your phone?

another sim in my phone browsed.
my sim in another phone and mifi didn't browse.

browsed for like 2mins and stopped working again on the Mifi.
Re: MTN Sim Refusing To Browse Since Sunday Night by GuestLog: 6:37pm On Jul 02, 2019
mrvocalprowess:

another sim in my phone browsed.
my sim in another phone and mifi didn't browse.

browsed for like 2mins and stopped working again on the Mifi.
Do a SIM replacement. It's possible that a part of the SIM block is damaged or code error. A welcome back should get it fixed. Specifically ask for a 4G enabled SIM.

Please try one last thing... Put your SIM back on the phone and change network speed settings from H+ to 3G just to be sure the problem isn't connection issue. Such things happen sometimes.
Re: MTN Sim Refusing To Browse Since Sunday Night by uniqflames(m): 8:55pm On Jul 02, 2019
If you are on 4g network change it to 3g. Use MTN WEB instead of MTN NG as access point.
Re: MTN Sim Refusing To Browse Since Sunday Night by sholatech(m): 9:01pm On Jul 02, 2019
I don't think it has to do with our phone settings. I called 180 & they apologised that they had so many complaints & was rectified todau at their Network Center.

1 Like

Re: MTN Sim Refusing To Browse Since Sunday Night by Sicilyjoe: 7:07am On Jul 03, 2019
I had the same experience since yesterday afternoon until this morning, I just restart my phone this morningand it starts to browse again
Re: MTN Sim Refusing To Browse Since Sunday Night by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jul 03, 2019
so I walked down another road and it worked perfectly. entered my house and it stopped working again!

(1) (Reply)

Umidigi A3s / You Can Use Wifi And Hotspot Together On Infinix Note 7 / Nokia T20 Tablet: Is Nokia Just A Name?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.