Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,996 members, 7,806,894 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:31 AM

Commonwealth Games 2010 - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Commonwealth Games 2010 (826 Views)

Nigerian Onaolapo Pulls Pant Off After Commonwealth Win! / C N N :: Third Nigerian Fails Commonwealth Games Drugs Test / Nigerian Has Won The First Gold Of The 2010 Commonwealth Games In Delhi - Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Commonwealth Games 2010 by Aussienavy: 11:33am On Oct 08, 2010
Re: Commonwealth Games 2010 by joxiri: 2:25pm On Oct 10, 2010
Nigerian athletics is being revived at these games yes its commonwealth but still some brillian athletes on show like osayomi and odumosu and most importantly they are young
Re: Commonwealth Games 2010 by maedan(f): 7:26am On Oct 11, 2010
Big disgrace for Nigeria, oops. A Nigerian athlete has just failed a dope test tongue. Just heard it on the news. It's the first negative test at the Games; I wonder who's next. So much for "reviving" Nigeria's athletics.
Re: Commonwealth Games 2010 by yousouph(m): 7:54am On Oct 11, 2010
Osayemi Oludamola the 100 metres gold medalist failed a drug test. Her faith will be decided in the next 24 hours
Re: Commonwealth Games 2010 by Litmus: 9:19am On Oct 11, 2010
If Osayemi Oludamola took drugs, then I've never seen a worst advertisement  for drug taking because she not only came second in the 100m but she did so against third-rate opponents in a field decimated by the absence of so many top athletes. Moreover failed to qualify for the 200m.

I personally feel it would be unfair to strip her of the gold because the so-cold drug she is accused of, is a low level stimulant according to Steve Cram. According to him, the substance was only included on the prohibited list last year. In fact, you get an impression of  the insubstantiality of the substance when he claimed  Osayemi Oludamola probably might receive  just three months suspension.

Generally, one thing that bothers me about all these drugs issue is how powerless we, as Nigerians, are  in being able  to verify the truth of such claims. I mean, we have been brainwashed to believe whatever the West claims, from world Indexes Lists, Intelligence Test, to GDP'S etc. If you're doubtful, try this, and be honest - supposing, a News Flash by the BBC claims the president of Nigeria comes from Mars would you not believe? 

I know some might joke that our president's policies are alien or that he looks like an alien but joking aside, we  blacks are pressured by fear of ridicule into believing anything that the so called western "research" claims to be truth born of scientific research. In fact we believe anything they claim scientific or not.
Re: Commonwealth Games 2010 by Mariory(m): 3:34am On Oct 13, 2010
1 more gold medal and we could move ahead of South Africa into 5th and be the top African team. cool
Re: Commonwealth Games 2010 by mybetop: 11:32am On Oct 13, 2010
Re: Commonwealth Games 2010 by Glidia: 12:47pm On Feb 28, 2011
Informative game update

(1) (Reply)

Ike Uche Speaking Spanish Like A Pro / Follow The History Of Chelsea FC Since 1905! / Nairabet Please See This..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.