Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,857 members, 7,806,422 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:23 PM

Getting The Best Out Of Your House Helps - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Getting The Best Out Of Your House Helps (48448 Views)

Why Do Men Like To Sleep With Their House Helps? / Man Helps His Brother In Giving Birth To 3 Kids With His Wife, While He's Away / 7 Reasons Why Married Men Sleep With Their House Helps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Getting The Best Out Of Your House Helps by primadonnachika: 8:58am On Jul 02, 2019
Good morning everyone one.

I am a married woman with two kids, a 2 year old son and a two month old baby. I recently employed a maid. She is seventeen years old. I am due to resume back to work soon and this has been giving me lots of concern. My baby is certainly attending a crèche and the school bus drops my son off at 3. I know there’ll be times when I have to dash out and leave my children at home under her care.

Hence I would like to know from mothers in the house with housemaids to share your experiences. How do you get the best out of them and how was your experience? Was it good or bad?

How much was their salary?
How do you balance being nice and not give too much liberty.
What security measures can one put in place for my kids safety?
Did you pay their salary to them , agents or parents?

Any other comment is welcome. I’m new to this maid this and I need your input because I have never been so confused in my life as I’ve been in the last two months. Please this is a serious post and it’s essential for my children. Go hold chores can be improved but I’m more concerned about my children ‘s safety.

My 19 year old step sister was staying with me until she invited a man to sleep overnight in my house while still in the hospital and I had to send her back to the village.

I’ll appreciate if this post can hit the front page so mothers in this situation can learn one or two things.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Getting The Best Out Of Your House Helps by spongeisback: 10:40am On Jul 02, 2019
First of all please change the topic it looks somehow and many people would pick on that. Secondly the new help how long have you known her? With the stories about sexual abuse and violence against kids please try to know her very well before leaving your kids with her. Here is a method I would advise you try just leave her with your kids make sure the TV is on, tell her you're going out and you wouldn't be back for awhile, just leave the house after a couple of minutes comeback and just observe her through the window but this wouldn't be necessary if you've CCTV at home sha. grin

Treat her how you would want your child to be treated. Don't punish her with hunger or let her look tattered while your kids look better because she would transfer her aggression to your kids. her salary should be discussed with her parents and kept in an account for her please. I don't have a maid but when I travelled and I had someone helping me take care of my house for about 3 months she was 16, I opened an account for her and made sure I sent the bulk money there and after I came back she used the money to register for waec and join a tailoring school. Am sure she would want to do some else so find out and make sure she invests her money towards that.

103 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Getting The Best Out Of Your House Helps by ralmix(m): 11:46am On Jul 02, 2019
I’ll advice you install cctv in your house and remotely check on your phone from time to time
And if you can’t afford that I’ll say you invite one of your family member to stay with you or better still bring back the girl and make both of the (the maid and your sis) watch over each other.

50 Likes

Re: Getting The Best Out Of Your House Helps by abkrgumel(m): 11:46am On Jul 02, 2019
primadonnachika:

My 19 year old step sister was staying with me until she invited a man to sleep overnight in my house while still in the hospital and I had to send her back to the village.

You did not sent her to the village na village people called her grin grin
You did the right thing coz your husband will not like it

20 Likes

Re: Getting The Best Out Of Your House Helps by bentwood85(m): 11:46am On Jul 02, 2019
That's is women for you..

4 Likes

Re: Getting The Best Out Of Your House Helps by Nobody: 11:46am On Jul 02, 2019
The headline is misleading

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Getting The Best Out Of Your House Helps by Sirmuel1(m): 11:46am On Jul 02, 2019
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Getting The Best Out Of Your House Helps by Nobody: 11:46am On Jul 02, 2019
angry
Re: Getting The Best Out Of Your House Helps by helinues: 11:46am On Jul 02, 2019
Ok

1 Like

Re: Getting The Best Out Of Your House Helps by sotall(m): 11:46am On Jul 02, 2019
Who the feck modified the topic to a non-issue?

Somebody must be high on krest

11 Likes

Re: Getting The Best Out Of Your House Helps by Sirpaul(m): 11:46am On Jul 02, 2019
waka jeje

Re: Getting The Best Out Of Your House Helps by TollaniINC(f): 11:47am On Jul 02, 2019
Make I park here to learn
Re: Getting The Best Out Of Your House Helps by nairalee(m): 11:47am On Jul 02, 2019
Mtchwwwwww I even thought beans had done not knowing they're just frying oil

4 Likes

Re: Getting The Best Out Of Your House Helps by suitlovers: 11:47am On Jul 02, 2019
primadonnachika:

I am a married woman with two kids, a 2 year old son and a two month old baby. I recently employed a maid. She is seventeen years old.

If she is 17 years old, then she is ripe for rape scandal.

Rape is trending heavily now in Nigeria and on Nairaland Republic.

Don't just be bothered about your children, watch your husband also. Some men can not control their low libido area when their wife is away.

Unless you trust him too much.

Discover where to buy the best and finest quality UK suits for men at 15,000 Naira.

Feel free to check my signature below.

4 Likes

Re: Getting The Best Out Of Your House Helps by Benekruku(m): 11:48am On Jul 02, 2019
grin grin grin
Re: Getting The Best Out Of Your House Helps by dapadawee: 11:48am On Jul 02, 2019
that is good now for security purpose.
Re: Getting The Best Out Of Your House Helps by EkperemoEgbabi: 11:48am On Jul 02, 2019
kiss cool

1 Like

Re: Getting The Best Out Of Your House Helps by faithfull18(f): 11:49am On Jul 02, 2019
Hmmn, just treat her like you would treat your child, let her be able to tell you anything.

2 Likes

Re: Getting The Best Out Of Your House Helps by martyns303(m): 11:50am On Jul 02, 2019
Why does the topic says different thing tho.

So ur 19yr old step sister invited a man to the house, which is very typical of a teen her age, typical "nobody is home, do u want to come over and spend the night"? what you should have done was correct her, and let her understand u will not condone such behavior.

So, how old is the new house help or "slave"? cos all through ur post u r more concerned about ur kids, how about the kid u r bringing in to take care of ur kids? My advice is to threat her as ur own, let her be an elder sister that is caring for her younger ones than simply making her a maid.

If you threat her badly, she will take it out on the kids. If u want people to smile at u, smile at them. Simple.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Getting The Best Out Of Your House Helps by merits(m): 11:50am On Jul 02, 2019
undecided still look inward of you,their is still a girl or lady in your family or extended family that needs your help so much.the one that took a man to your home was not meant for you.
Our problem especially we Nigerians once we have break through in life, we run away from our family,but why?
Their are some orphans in your family that need your help, go and back and pick one of them up,and make her dream come through too.
Rather than look for a maid that will even kill or harm your kids
"A word is enough for a wise"

I rest my case,gbammmmm!!!!!!!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Getting The Best Out Of Your House Helps by Fuckthamods: 11:50am On Jul 02, 2019
bentwood85:
That's is women for you..
Women like Cococandy
Re: Getting The Best Out Of Your House Helps by karma2000: 11:50am On Jul 02, 2019
Invite or invoke karma to restrain her waywardness daily
Re: Getting The Best Out Of Your House Helps by Passionate888: 11:51am On Jul 02, 2019
Ok
Re: Getting The Best Out Of Your House Helps by ibekwe97: 11:51am On Jul 02, 2019
Sending her back to your mum in d village my brother is not d best solution ok, wat if she become worse there, assuming she is your daughter you will send her away.

4 Likes

Re: Getting The Best Out Of Your House Helps by jaxxy(m): 11:51am On Jul 02, 2019
What state is ur current maid from? How did u get her? What’s her background? She’s young and wud need monitoring to look after ur kids in ur absence an older nanny with experience and better judgement wud have been better.

U may need to train and brush her up and know how to monitor her via fone calls for smtme before u resume bt to be honest it’s not advisable to leave ur kids with a total stranger who hasn’t been working with u for so long without proper monitoring. Do u have trustworthy neighbors who can check up on them during the hours ur away? This might help or else u may have to get ur step sister back to monitor the situation. Warn her not to bring any guys to ur house and have a monitoring system like a cctv recorder installed to view daily events at home.

1 Like

Re: Getting The Best Out Of Your House Helps by ralmix(m): 11:52am On Jul 02, 2019
Lol nah wha ooo this one too nah market strategy ? grin
IMPRESSION0237:
GET STARTED
Re: Getting The Best Out Of Your House Helps by Airtimex(m): 11:52am On Jul 02, 2019
Goan bring back your sister...

The maid might not be better...

1 Like

Re: Getting The Best Out Of Your House Helps by krissconnect(m): 11:53am On Jul 02, 2019
Misleading headline.
If you know you cant trust her, why bringing her then in the first place?

1 Like

Re: Getting The Best Out Of Your House Helps by agarawu23(m): 11:53am On Jul 02, 2019
Hian
Re: Getting The Best Out Of Your House Helps by Monaco2(m): 11:54am On Jul 02, 2019
Who invited u to spend d night?!? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Judge Finds Out His Children Aren't His After 51 Years Of Marriage (video) / "My husband abandoned my family after He Paid N580K Bride Price" Lady laments / Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.