Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,663 members, 7,801,916 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:48 AM

The Guardian UK: Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo's Rape Allegation Goes International - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Guardian UK: Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo's Rape Allegation Goes International (58055 Views)

Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo Reacts To Rape Allegation By Busola Dakolo / Meet Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo & Wife, The Man Accused Of Rape By Bukola Dakolo / Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo Asks Students To Sow N500,000 As Seed (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Guardian UK: Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo's Rape Allegation Goes International by newsynews: 1:13pm On Jul 02, 2019
The news of the rape allegation against COZA pastor, Biodun Fatoyinbo which was leveled against him by singer Timi Dakolo’s wife, Busola Dakolo, has gone international and published by The Guardian UK.

The headline of the publication termed Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo as Nigeria’s Gucci Pastor.

https://www.kemifilani.com/2019/07/rape-allegation-against-coza-pastor-biodun-fatoyinbo-published-by-the-guardian-uk.html

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Guardian UK: Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo's Rape Allegation Goes International by Adepet222(f): 1:15pm On Jul 02, 2019
Hmmmm
Re: The Guardian UK: Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo's Rape Allegation Goes International by blackpanthar: 1:15pm On Jul 02, 2019
GUARDIAN IS LATE..... social media already took it international long before guardian could sniff it.

132 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Guardian UK: Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo's Rape Allegation Goes International by Chanchit: 1:19pm On Jul 02, 2019
Na Promo jare, oyinbo babes go begin go queue for airport when they hear he's coming to town.

52 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Guardian UK: Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo's Rape Allegation Goes International by OKorowanta: 1:21pm On Jul 02, 2019
The guy fine sha..

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Guardian UK: Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo's Rape Allegation Goes International by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jul 02, 2019
And they had to throw shade with the headline. grin

5 Likes

Re: The Guardian UK: Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo's Rape Allegation Goes International by Kingosytex(m): 1:27pm On Jul 02, 2019
This pastor don finally blow. This reminds me of the Naira Marley-EFCC saga. At the end of this whole saga the man will bounce back stronger and more popular just like Naira Marley

87 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Guardian UK: Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo's Rape Allegation Goes International by Benekruku(m): 3:22pm On Jul 02, 2019
grin grin grin

UK press are bastards

Look at the headline "Nigeria's Gucci Pastor" grin grin grin grin

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Guardian UK: Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo's Rape Allegation Goes International by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jul 02, 2019
Can someone explain associating krest with the koza saga

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Guardian UK: Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo's Rape Allegation Goes International by RiyadhGoddess(f): 3:23pm On Jul 02, 2019
It is Well...
PB ma wa alright las las. Whether guilty or not, This is the time for him to go for a retreat on genuine repentance and reconciliation with God. This is God's own way of chastisement. God loves him because some never got the chance he got. After the whole phase, he will come out stronger ask the likes of Bishop wale oke and co... Oba Alanu ni...

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Guardian UK: Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo's Rape Allegation Goes International by Kizzygentle: 3:23pm On Jul 02, 2019
At d end of d whole saga coza will emerge d real mvp.
His now international worldwide.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Guardian UK: Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo's Rape Allegation Goes International by Chriswazo(m): 3:23pm On Jul 02, 2019
My best read on this episode;

COZA Rape Controversy & The Age of Social Lunacy by Dodoh Okafor

1. On what basis did hundreds of people abandon their morning chores this Sunday to go picket the premises of the Common Wealth of Zion Assembly Church in Guzape Area of Abuja and Lagos?

2. Because a certain woman alleged (without any scintilla of proof) that she was raped? Because 5 women said the Church Pastor had inappropriate sexual relationships with them? Or because Segun Awosika said he has "30" women willing to testify against the COZA founder in law court?

3. What really was the essence of the nasty, rowdy, uncoordinated protests? To embarrass the church? To humiliate the pastor? To get the pastor to step down?

4. Pray- are those protesters really interested in pursuing a strong campaign against rape or were they on a vendetta mission?

5. I do not know what other people may think but here's what I am convinced about: many of those who jumped into this rape issue are being manipulated, misled and used as pawns in a complex game of chess by those who are adept at using the media to manipulate the gullible.

6. The man who conducted the interview that sparked the outrage is a certain Chude Jideonwo- one of the many crafty revisionists Nair El Rufai, Bola Tinubu and their lackeys employed to market Buhari in 2015. You are entitled to your opinion but I am convinced by Jideowno's involvement that a lie is involved, that a campaign to hoodwink the masses has been set in motion and with what I know of social media- a mechanism for creating a media storm has been activated.

7. The lady is probably dishonest and no rational thinker should believe her without at least asking a few important questions. I consider her motive to be suspect at best- reason being- what does she intend to achieve by coming out to tell a story that sound poorly fabricated, lacking in substance and designed to bring opprobrium to a man she had a choice to either deal with or avoid.

8. Many would remember the old Igbo adage that can be simply translated to imply that a raging ocean cannot drown a man whose feet it did not see. Fact is- Mr Fatoyinbo never dragged or nailed the buttocks of any man or woman to his church. Anyone always had the option of walking away the minute you became uncomfortable with his body body language or suggestions.

9. Mr Fatoyinbo did not just see anyone and grabbed her by the waist neither is there any report that he ever saw anyone on the street and pulled his car by the roadside, pushed her side and "opened his zip"

10. To be certain, I am not one to support the violation of trust by anyone in authority especially people from whom much is expected. Pastors, priests, teachers, uncle's and aunties, office superiors and village elders have a great responsibility to carry themselves with dignity and restraint at all times.

11. I am not one to blame the victim but when forceful sexual acts keep occurring and the victim never summoned up the courage to report to anyone but rather submits herself whenever her molester comes around for me has a different interpretation.

12. To imagine that the said Busola Dakolo kept submitting herself to Mr Fatoyinbo, attending his church, singing in his Choir, and as I heard- allowing him to wed her tells an entirely different story. It does not add up. Mrs Dakolo in my estimation may not have told us the entire story or perhaps she is playing a terrible game.

13. It pains me to see Nigerians swallowing that story hook line and sinker because some known social media influencers bought into it. This says a lot about how we have deteriorated in our capacity to think and reason.

14. When did we sublet our thinking power to social media influencers and celebrities? If these men and women care so much about rape- why are they not protesting against the mindless rape and killing of women by fulani cattle rearer/terrorists across most states in southern Nigeria?

15. If they care about women, where were they when a certain Elizabeth Ochanya was raped to death by a man and his son? How much did today's sudden philanthropists donate to support the prosecution of the perpetrators of what undoubtedly is a grave act of wickedness?

16. How much social media awareness did they raise when Eunice Elijah was killed by a band of lunatics in Kubwa Abuja? Why are they not interested in seeing that those behind the dastardly act are brought to book?

17. Where am I driving to? Again to be clear: I would be eager to see rapists and other criminals or those who violate the trust of young girls prosecuted and made to serve their punishment. But I would do everything I can to stop the triumph of online mob action against an assumedly innocent man.

18. Accusation is never conviction. Speaking emotionally while being filmed does not amount to presenting a hard evidence before a court of law. Has social media replaced conventional courts or is there something I am unaware of? Aren't injured people supposed to take their matter to court?

18. Is Mrs Dakolo seeking for justice, revenge, emotional appeal, to create mischief or just to destroy Mr Fatoyinbo? What exactly is this all about? Blackmail or some publicity stunts because none of it is clear to me.

19. Again I ask: what was the protest about? Was the protest against Fatoyinbo or COZA? Shouldn't a protest against Mr Fatoyinbo happen in front of his house? Why did they go to disrupt church programs at COZA today? Shouldn't COZA and Fatoyinbo be separate entities? How come the so-called lawyers who lined up at Guzape today missed this point? So COZA should be brought down because a certain woman told a disjointed story to Chude on camera?

20. Why are people so silly? Where's Stephanie Otobo? Why did she stop regalling us with tales of how Mr Johnson Suleiman "raped" her in Jamaica?

21. I would conclude by advising everyone to be circumspect about what's presented on social media. Truth is- the social media in most cases is structured to weaken your capacity to think, steal your power of logical and deductive reasoning from you and what else? Make you a fool.

22. Buhari and his handlers understood that it is very easy to sell lunacy on social media and the leveraged it to come to power- Ill prepared, with a vindictive mindset and you know where that has landed Nigeria.

23. Interestingly - the same group that sold Buhari to Nigerians in 2015 are behind this Busola Dakolo rape tale. I insist that there's a whole lot more to this hullabaloo.

24. You ask- what of the other 1000 girls that also accused the pastor of rape? I reply with: when did public opinion become the basis of adjudication in matters that require sensitivity and tack? Remember millions of people have voted for Buhari since 2015. Does that confer on Buhari the administrative skill he does not have?

25. What else? Who remembers the women who came forward to accuse Brett Kavanaug of rape soon after he was nominated for a Supreme Court position? When are we picking the US Supreme Court?

Let me end with an advice: never sublet your thinking to anyone- especially people whose agenda you do not understand.

143 Likes 33 Shares

Re: The Guardian UK: Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo's Rape Allegation Goes International by dreamwords: 3:23pm On Jul 02, 2019
grin
Dirty moronic afonjas representing us home and abroad
In issues of rape , murder etc

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Guardian UK: Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo's Rape Allegation Goes International by Yankiss(m): 3:23pm On Jul 02, 2019
The story seems over sensationalized. I do not think there was rape, molesting maybe. But in any case, conviction is difficult because the evidence required to nail him has evaporated. A shrewd victim will report to her lawyer within hours of the rape and keep required evidence. It's obvious there's more to the rape allegation than meets the eye. If I were in Fatoyinbo's shoes and I am innocent, I will sue.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Guardian UK: Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo's Rape Allegation Goes International by IamPatriotic(m): 3:23pm On Jul 02, 2019
But he is not putting on Gucci in their attached photo

1 Like

Re: The Guardian UK: Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo's Rape Allegation Goes International by YorubaHero12: 3:23pm On Jul 02, 2019
Which one be Gucci pastor again

3 Likes

Re: The Guardian UK: Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo's Rape Allegation Goes International by DameB(f): 3:23pm On Jul 02, 2019
Hiaaaaan
Re: The Guardian UK: Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo's Rape Allegation Goes International by ALISMILE(m): 3:23pm On Jul 02, 2019
Gicci pastor? As in Gucci Husspippi?
Re: The Guardian UK: Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo's Rape Allegation Goes International by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jul 02, 2019
Let me follow book space.

The hustle to FTC and also to be in front page on Nairaland is as if we are hustling to gain an employment with Chevron
Re: The Guardian UK: Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo's Rape Allegation Goes International by jhydebaba(m): 3:24pm On Jul 02, 2019
Nonsense!
Re: The Guardian UK: Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo's Rape Allegation Goes International by minasota(f): 3:24pm On Jul 02, 2019
yawn
Re: The Guardian UK: Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo's Rape Allegation Goes International by Neddstark: 3:24pm On Jul 02, 2019
Just say rape and Feminists will start having orgasms and gather themselves to pull a man down.
To all weak men who supported this Rape Hype: Banky W, RMD, Noble Igwe, and those on Nairaland may you at a time in your lives know what it feels like when you're falsely accused.
And as for that choir-master Timi Dakolo, you stole Majek Fashek's song. Didnt give the old man a dime, shared it with his manager behind his back. Your wickedness is coming for you.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Guardian UK: Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo's Rape Allegation Goes International by safarigirl(f): 3:24pm On Jul 02, 2019
LOL....there goes any dreams of COZA London branch.

The gates of hell shall not prevail against the church, we dey wait una

2 Likes

Re: The Guardian UK: Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo's Rape Allegation Goes International by hezy4real01(m): 3:24pm On Jul 02, 2019
The nigga is really making headlines.... Timi's wife seems to be going out of the game, guess she's taking krest

1 Like

Re: The Guardian UK: Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo's Rape Allegation Goes International by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jul 02, 2019
If God was real every nacking pastor ( biodun)and chiormistress(busola) would have been struck dead

3 Likes

Re: The Guardian UK: Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo's Rape Allegation Goes International by labusinessguide: 3:24pm On Jul 02, 2019
Lmao
Re: The Guardian UK: Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo's Rape Allegation Goes International by IamPatriotic(m): 3:25pm On Jul 02, 2019
KingRango:
And they had to throw shade with the headline. grin

Sorry for your pains, but being shamed and shaded at every instance are parts of the consequences of being a rapist!

8 Likes

Re: The Guardian UK: Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo's Rape Allegation Goes International by hisexcellency34: 3:25pm On Jul 02, 2019
he is now an international figure
Re: The Guardian UK: Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo's Rape Allegation Goes International by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jul 02, 2019
PLEASE GUYS I NEED U TO REASON WITH ME:

Hey u scrolling, STOP THERE AND REASON!!

I met my girlfriend as a virgin. She never wanted to brag about it but the few times she told me, I always shrugged it off. It took me quite a while before I sexed her (Me I no send anybody; I no claim say I be pastor or I holy oo but we were honest and never cheated on each other). When the d-day came (June 9th), the night of our first sex, I couldnt believe it. I tried to penetrate; it was really difficult. Nothing weh we no try that night o. I spread her legs, turn the angle, try from back and front.

See suffer. I gats add ori (shea butter) to the (u know na smiley ...). That one no do. I con gats still add olive oil, my mama prayer anointing oil weh she give me (no tell am o wink )... E no still enter and bae was writhing & almost screaming in pains; yet it was consensual. Just imagine otherwise. In the end, my bae and I had to rub minds together, look for my fone, and google the situation.

Google told us to relax, take a deep breath, do more 4play, try more open angles, stop-start, bla bla bla... In the end it took us about 40 mins to really get the groove going. Now I never knew this was what d experience was like.

Considering this rape saga from this prism, I put it to u that Busola is a partial liar. She called herself a virgin then, and then made d rape case look so easy. A 20-something yr old man trying to open up a 17 yr-old virgin vj is no laughing matter, even if she's willing. Not to talk of if d man meets resistance. So that's a story for d birds.

Again guys pls how do they 'rape' someone multiple times? No one has answered me since and it is NOT fair! angry Different places; different 'rapes' grin . A pastor comes to ur house, he rapes u. U go to his house, he rapes u. Home and Away sessions. Oh please cant u guys pause to think and obviously see it was the lady instead that was grinding the pastor? Didnt u guys go to universities and see how these ladies swarm these 'men of God'? Dont u guys see these things in fellowships and churches?

Dont u guys observe how ladies feel so big when they identify with a man of wealth and fame? They can literally die for it. U now top it up with handsomeness, nice fragrances and some Gucci swagger - come on, ure toast!

I CAN'T CALL IT RAPE; I CALL IT SESSIONS!

Let me tell u sth about women and sex today (Dont tag me a badoo ... yet! grin). They dislike taking the lead. Hardly ever. They hide behind the lie that they want men to prove their mettle but I will uncover the truth for u today: they are either shy or ashamed. They just feel so awkard; they just dont know how to do it; how to start. They will come to your house and sit on the couch like they're not interested; its a lie. THEY ARE WAITING FOR U, AND WILL GLADLY FOLLOW UR LEAD. The great legend Fela Anikulapo Kuti saw this and sang a song on it called 'Shakara (Oloje)'.

The women carry this same mentality into eventual date and marriages. They won't initiate sex but later on, theyre the ones that will finish u. That's most likely what happened between Biodun and Busola. If the 'session' lasted for 15 mins, Busola did 'shakara' for maybe 3 minutes and the remaining 12 minutes, she most likely executed the 'Cowgirl'. Dont argue with me; I know what Im saying. Biodun is really trying hard to save Timi Dakolo from irreparable heartbreak but he may not know. Biodun is only finding it hard to own up he has had sex with this girl -- and that is the current handicap Busola is exploiting for now. Only he and busola own the key to the whole puzzle. Busola may be ahead (thanks to the social media firestorm), but there is a silent communication going in between their hearts and Busola definitely knows he sees through the latticework of bul|sh|t and knows how it all really got down.

IS IT STATUTORY RAPE?

No it is not. The law of the land acknowledges the age of consent as 16. (Lawywers in the house, pls this is where we need ur knowledge and experience to come to the fore and make clarifications. Mk una deh try na, haba). Even if it were true, if it the lady says it happened when she was 16, how do we believe her? What if Biodun says 'OK, all she said is true but she was 20 then.' Now who do we believe? U see why its stup|d to just believe a one-sided story? U see why this story needs a court massage if its to have any merit.

DO I BLAME BIODUN FATOYINBO?

No, I don't. In the past, 6 years ago, I was (Ese Walter's case). I really hated him. But I didnt fully know the way of women. cheesy . Now Im with the experience and lemme quite simply say women hate it when u crack them like simple HTML codes. U don't need to be intelligent, u just need to be laid back, observant and have the ability to separate logic from emotions.

Biodun has every right to explore any woman in this world. His judgment is not for u, leave it to God. Or did u create him? No? Then shut up! My problem is why are people pained if he womanises? Why? I sense jealousy even from the male gender. How can one struggle to build such an empire and u fault him if he womanises? U think its easy? Is he made of stones? In fact does he owe u an explanation? Who the he|l are u? Are u even saintly? Do u know the agreement he and his wife has? What if theyve agreed to cheat on each other if one of them compromises? Or wait... what if when Biodun was broke and poor he saw no lady around him, then when he became wealthy, they just appeared around him, which is most likely. What would u want him to think? To now be loyal to these obvious hoes.

How many ladies even stick with u when u are down and poor? Ladies weh don grace many several beds, go come deh claim rape. Puhleasssse!!

THERE IS A DEADLY PRECEDENT

There is a silent abuse of this rape case and men are not paying attention. It is funny now until everyone gets hurt. Men should watch. Loudmouths like davido and banky W that sleep with anything in skirts were also making noise abi? Sheybi una see am? MC galaxy is being accused of rape with knife? Rotfl grin . My point is, cases like this must be taken to the court. Only the law of the land binds on every local. Religious sentiments do not concern me. Religion is not the law. So pls keep it in ur pockets. There are different religions with different laws and beliefs and if everyone implemented their own religious laws, our lands would be unlivable.

LESSONS FOR TIMI DAKOLO AND OTHER MEN WHO HAVE MARRIED WITHOUT KNOWING SOME TRUTHS

Never ever praise ur wife / gf too much publicly. No deh carry women like gala, una no deh hear. Guys can never be as bad as women. If u doubt, separate a man and a woman and set them out as prostitutes. A man may sleep with maybe a few in a day (2 or 3). But a woman can have 10 if she wants. There is practically no limit for a woman o, until she decides to close her legs.

Men and women are both guilty of cheating but its easier to read from a man's behaviour. But a woman, her acts, her behaviour, her smiles: she can use everything to fool u. Its up to u not to be fooled. Im not saying start digging ur babe's past, its most likely dirty anyway. cheesy The key is too just keep ur expectations low.

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Guardian UK: Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo's Rape Allegation Goes International by devigblegble: 3:25pm On Jul 02, 2019
I’m waiting for the day that both COZA & BBNaija won’t make headlines, my joy will be full

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pastor Adeboye Condemns #SilhouetteChallenge And Online Nudity / Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons / Spiritual Battle Between Pastor & Herbalist In Ghana - PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.