Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,507 members, 7,808,861 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:10 PM

An Offer I Got In The Banking Sector. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / An Offer I Got In The Banking Sector. (1303 Views)

I Got This For Asking My Boss My February Salary / The Problem With Nigeria`s Banking Sector? / Banking Sector: Hnd Graduates Vs B.sc Graduates. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Offer I Got In The Banking Sector. by kunlenzy(m): 10:40pm On May 09, 2007
i'm sending this mail to felllow nairalanders of indispensable knowledge and experience and it goes thus.

I got an offer in a bank as a marketer and i'll be under obligation to deliver N5m per month and to be paid 20k monthly for the first three months!
1. Is is advisable to accept such an offer?
2. Do you think the N5m target is conmesurate with the end of month stipend?
3. Do you there could be other opportunities for me on the aftermath of taking the offer?
4. In lieu, of accepting the offerdo i continue to skit @ home.
5. Do you think I can meet up with the N5m target which i believe the so called Ogas in the banking sector might not even be meeting up with.
6. Lastly,Advise as soon as possible cos i've got come friday as my deadline to notify the employee of my final decision.

Thanks a bunch.

Kunlenzy
Re: An Offer I Got In The Banking Sector. by Aproko(f): 9:28am On May 10, 2007
is it a full time job or contract?or are you a corper? whether or not you take the job depends on how long you've sat at home, or how long you don't mind staying at home. besides what kind of bank is dat?na community bank? grin grin

i think if you have plenty of connections, you can reject this one. but if you have people looking up to you and parents tired of picking your bills, i would advise you start the job.some times you need a humble beginning to jump start you in life. that 20k may bring you more than you bargained for sooner than you expect.

so instead of sitting at home its better to wake up in the morning and go somewhere, believe me it brings some respect too.
Re: An Offer I Got In The Banking Sector. by stellose(f): 9:33am On May 10, 2007
what is all this get 5m, take home 20k.
this is just give and take. what if you dont have any place to sort that kind of money out each month.?
Re: An Offer I Got In The Banking Sector. by laredo05(m): 10:56am On May 10, 2007
I would advice you to take up the job cos a friend of mine also did that kind of marketing job for standard chartered bank and it was from there he got better a job,it will give you the opportunity of meeting people,am also intrested myself.
Re: An Offer I Got In The Banking Sector. by Matured26(m): 11:57am On May 10, 2007
Honestly when I hear such things, I weep for the future of our dear country.
Employers of labour in Nigeria are now behaving like the indians and the lebanese. This is really terrible.
Back to you my brother. Can u raise the said money? Are you the outgoing type?
Also does that 20k cover your transport and feed u and still leave something for u to save?
If it does and u've been waiting at home for a long time, pls pick the job but if it doesn't, believe me it's not worth the trouble cos u won't even have the time to go around looking for other jobs.
Whatever your decision is, don't forget those two points I raised.
TRUST ME, THE BEST IS YET TO COME

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Who Knows About. Nigeria Institute Of Transport And Logistics / Biogas Generation / Building Construction Team Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.