Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,630 members, 7,801,822 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:36 AM

Is Your Wife Your Property? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Your Wife Your Property? (2201 Views)

As A Man,who Should You Take Care Of The Most Between Your Wife & Your Mum? / Would You Let Your Wife Wear This Out? / I Have Been Sleeping With Your Wife – Man Tells Neighbour (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Your Wife Your Property? by obembet(f): 8:49pm On Jul 02, 2019
I was involved in an arguement today. Someone said wives are the properties of their husband and i disagreed. Alot of persons joined the arguement and supported the person but am still of the opinion that wife is not property.

Please whats your oponions on this, i want to learn.

Cc Lalasticlala
MissyB3
Fynestboi
Dominique
mynd44
Seun
Re: Is Your Wife Your Property? by dingbang(m): 8:50pm On Jul 02, 2019
Since when did human being become property.

7 Likes

Re: Is Your Wife Your Property? by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jul 02, 2019
You only become a mere "Property" as a woman when you don't have anything doing OR a full time housewife.
Re: Is Your Wife Your Property? by IamD18: 9:02pm On Jul 02, 2019
Yes! Wives are their husband's property.

Men spend to marry you, they feed and spend to ensure a proper maintenance on you so as to get your homely service.

Inshort, everything about you becomes a burden to him. So yes, they are indeed a property, just like cars, refrigerator and generator, and even boxers.

No difference.

13 Likes

Re: Is Your Wife Your Property? by delugajackson: 9:02pm On Jul 02, 2019
And yet you still hold on to the belief that wives are not their husband's property even when you've got no tangible points to back up your argument.

Why not marry then come back and tell us if you're your husband's property or not?
Re: Is Your Wife Your Property? by lilmax(m): 9:07pm On Jul 02, 2019
yes in a funny way

your emotions are just flying around that's why you see something wrong in it
Re: Is Your Wife Your Property? by chii8(f): 9:10pm On Jul 02, 2019
lilmax:
yes in a funny way

your emotions are just flying around that's why you see something wrong in it
Lol....emotions flying around, kwaNot just any property but a valuable one.
Re: Is Your Wife Your Property? by MrBrownJay1(m): 9:41pm On Jul 02, 2019
If you are a xtians then yes she is....if you have a fully functioning brain and know how to use it, then of course NO she is NOT

3 Likes

Re: Is Your Wife Your Property? by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jul 02, 2019
Property ko, Porsche Panamera ni.

3 Likes

Re: Is Your Wife Your Property? by Jayslicky: 10:23pm On Jul 02, 2019
A wife is her husband property, if not he would not acquire you from your parents by paying your bride price and when a person acquires a property he maintains and nutures it. If a wife is not looking presentable the husband would be blamed for it, just like the owner of a car would be blamed for the condition of his car.

2 Likes

Re: Is Your Wife Your Property? by AmazonHippolyta(f): 10:55pm On Jul 02, 2019
Unfortunately When a man pays your brideprice you become his property that is the meaning in it's literal sense. According to the archaic culture you leave your father's house to your husband's who just acquired you.
Afterall that is the argument some of these men put forward to defend the silly statement but when a man is financially responsible for almost everything you need then yes you are his property.
What an unfortunate truth cry

P. S I do not support such view but until new things come into play and some of these misogynistic, chauvinistic and mundane culture and traditions are done away with women would still be viewed as such.

I am all for women's rights, responsiblities and empowerment but cultures like these dampen the feminist movement.

5 Likes

Re: Is Your Wife Your Property? by doitforyou(f): 11:11pm On Jul 02, 2019
Along time ago women were considered properties of men. First their father's when they are single, then their husband's when they got married. However, the world has progressed (except Nigeria), women have fought for and gotten rights. The world now knows human beings are not properties to be obtained. Properties don't have rights, women as humans do. OP, you need to change your circle.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Your Wife Your Property? by Biglittlelois(f): 11:42pm On Jul 02, 2019
MrBrownJay1:
If you are a xtians then yes she is....if you have a fully functioning brain and know how to use it, then of course NO she is NOT

You just had to degrade Christianity to prove your point, why not just type with your fully functioning brain and leave it at that?

4 Likes

Re: Is Your Wife Your Property? by Nobody: 12:28am On Jul 03, 2019
IamD18:
Yes! Wives are their husband's property.

Men spend to marry you, they feed and spend to ensure a proper maintenance on you so as to get your homely service.

Inshort, everything about you becomes a burden to him. So yes, they are indeed a property, just like cars, refrigerator and generator, and even boxers.

No difference.
In a case a woman gives the man money to pay her brideprice nko? She financed the wedding? She feed the family and see to the running and maintaince of the family.

Is she still a property?

1 Like

Re: Is Your Wife Your Property? by MrBrownJay1(m): 2:15am On Jul 03, 2019
Biglittlelois:

You just had to degrade Christianity to prove your point, why not just type with your fully functioning brain and leave it at that?

Sadly, the bible itself has a degrading view of women, what do you expect?! Unless you are one of these people that believes that women are equal to men in the eyes of your holy book....HIGHLY LAUGHABLE!!!

I am not even going to dwell on African women having a degrading view of their own self... And expecting a man to buy them off via bride price BS. If a man pays money to your parents/guardian to marry you, then by all mean, you are his property.
Re: Is Your Wife Your Property? by nuelyoyo(m): 7:45am On Jul 03, 2019
obembet:
I was involved in an arguement today. Someone said wives are the properties of their husband and i disagreed. Alot of persons joined the arguement and supported the person but am still of the opinion that wife is not property.

Please whats your oponions on this, i want to learn.

Cc Lalasticlala
MissyB3
Fynestboi
Dominique
mynd44t
Seun
You need to campaign for bride price to stop , if not wives will still be seen as properties. Afterall the man paid something to get the wife, technically he owns her.
Re: Is Your Wife Your Property? by Nobody: 8:15am On Jul 03, 2019
I am not anyone's property,

Bride price or not.

The idea of thinking one owns a woman is more mental than anything. Forget all the BP bullshit. Scrap BP and men with such retarded mindset will look for something else to hold on to. Their bible is always there to back it up.

How else do you explain the fact that some set of men will call their wives properties because of BP. Yet same men will degrade Yorubas for not doing same? Do these set of people seem normal to you? cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Is Your Wife Your Property? by Pavore9: 8:22am On Jul 03, 2019
nuelyoyo:
You need to campaign for bride price to stop , if not wives will still be seen as properties. Afterall the man paid something to get the wife, technically he owns her.

It is only men who can stop the issue of bride price, culturally women have less say about it.

1 Like

Re: Is Your Wife Your Property? by Bossjakande: 8:41am On Jul 03, 2019
AntiBrutus:
I am not anyone's property,

Bride price or not.

The idea of thinking one owns a woman is more mental than anything. Forget all the BP bullshit. Scrap BP and men with such retarded mindset will look for something else to hold on to. Their bible is always there to back it up.

How else do you explain the fact that some set of men will call their wives properties because of BP. Yet same men will degrade Yorubas for not doing same? Do these set of people seem normal to you? cheesy

u are missing d point dear.wen u born a baby who owns it. see u are ur hubby property and DAT should make u happy cos I can fight for my property I defend my property I can kill for my property. d phone and cloth u buy dont u take care of it.my girl then was always happy when I call her pet name mine.
anything u love in dis life try make it ur property and see if d love wont increased. as u are his property his also your.dont read meaning into nothing wit ur dirty mind.always open ur mind life is not always gragra of man and woman fighting all d time.
Re: Is Your Wife Your Property? by Nobody: 8:44am On Jul 03, 2019
Bossjakande:
u are missing d point dear.wen u born a baby who owns it. see u are ur hubby property and DAT should make u happy cos I can fight for my property I defend my property I can kill for my property. d phone and cloth u buy dont u take care of it.my girl then was always happy when I call her pet name mine.
anything u love in dis life try make it ur property and see if d love wont increased. as u are his property his also your.dont read meaning into nothing wit ur dirty mind.always open ur mind life is not always gragra of man and woman fighting all d time.

Oga, I am not a property. It is that simple for me. All this your talk no concern me.

Lol @ mine.

4 Likes

Re: Is Your Wife Your Property? by Graduateacher(f): 8:47am On Jul 03, 2019
dingbang:
Since when did human being become property.

grin
Re: Is Your Wife Your Property? by Graduateacher(f): 8:50am On Jul 03, 2019
theButterfly:
Properties ko, Porsche Panamera ni.

grin
Re: Is Your Wife Your Property? by Nobody: 9:00am On Jul 03, 2019
AntiBrutus:

Oga, I am not a property. It is that simple for me. All this your talk no concern me.

Lol @ mine.

you are property jare.

you no grind to this song back then

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oj_BwSUusbs

when i think of you i think of my possessions grin grin tongue tongue

and when you depreciate i will trade your ass in for a newer model or push you into the back garage

ned nwoko style

recognize the patriarchy, uppity wench and know your place angry angry angry

Re: Is Your Wife Your Property? by Nobody: 9:06am On Jul 03, 2019
ornicus:

you are property jare.

you no grind to this song back then

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oj_BwSUusbs

when i think of you i think of my possessions grin grin tongue tongue

and when you depreciate i will trade your ass in for a newer model or push you into the back garage

ned nwoko style

recognize the patriarchy, uppity wench and know your place angry angry angry

The irony of this is, you won't even see men like Ned making baseless comments. You will never see a Dangote or Otedola capping nonsense.

But you see all these men that have never had mouth in the midst of fellow men. Men that would have been exchanged for mirrors back in the day, by their fellow men. Will now come out and be talking nonsense...

Like they have waited all their lives to own something of value and the poor woman came along. All for N15, he nows own a human that can cook, wash, clean, hang leg, birth, submit...etc. Aye awa obirin... angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Your Wife Your Property? by Nobody: 9:14am On Jul 03, 2019
AntiBrutus:

The irony of this is, you won't even see men like Ned making baseless comments. You will never see a Dangote or Otedola capping nonsense.

But you see all these men that have never had mouth in the midst of fellow men. Men that would have been exchanged for mirrors back in the day, by their fellow men. Will now come out and be talking nonsense...

Like they have waited all their lives to own something of value and the poor woman came along. All for N15, he nows own a human that can cook, wash, clean, hang leg, birth, submit...etc. Aye awa obirin... angry

it is the same with oyibo racism na - po white trash also known as rednecks are always the most vocal and aggressive.

no worry - I have money, so your cage will be gilded and the glove will be velvet, but you will still be my property and you will still submit that arse

oya how much? cheesy grin angry angry

i don't have all day and i want to pay bride price

omo ge yellow - 200,000
bacherlor degree - 200,000
bank worker - 300,000
afternoon paper depreciation -(300,000)
ability to handle big prick -200,000
confam fiagin -1,000,000
confam riding game - 500,000

abeg help me total it. wink cheesy grin angry angry
Re: Is Your Wife Your Property? by Bossjakande: 9:21am On Jul 03, 2019
AntiBrutus:

Lol @ mine.
hahaha mine is romantic now
Re: Is Your Wife Your Property? by Nobody: 9:25am On Jul 03, 2019
ornicus:

it is the same with oyibo racism na - po white trash also known as rednecks are always the most vocal and aggressive.

no worry - I have money, so your cage will be gilded and the glove will be velvet, but you will still be my property and you will still submit that arse

oya how much? cheesy grin angry angry

i don't have all day and i want to pay bride price

omo ge yellow - 200,000
bacherlor degree - 200,000
bank worker - 300,000
afternoon paper depreciation -(300,000)
ability to handle big prick -200,000
confam fiagin -1,000,000
confam riding game - 500,000

abeg help me total it. wink cheesy grin angry angry

How will a fiagin have CONFIRMED ability to ride well?

Na refurbished virgin ni?

2 Likes

Re: Is Your Wife Your Property? by Nobody: 9:29am On Jul 03, 2019
AntiBrutus:

How will a fiagin have CONFIRMED ability to ride well?

Na refurbished virgin ni?

i dey do alfa male na
i am logical and i understand these things
i know that you will be a virgin and you still be able to knock me out pass madam edible catering
do not ask how i know. these things are too complex for your property bound intellect angry angry
Re: Is Your Wife Your Property? by LordKO(m): 9:41am On Jul 03, 2019
No. Actually, one's psychological leaning in particular and ethical leanings to a greater length will always determine his answer to this question. It's nothing to do with one's tribe or race.

- A man who's a libertarian knows that it's an insult to assume ownership of another human being, both in words and actions, irrespective of the second person's age, gender and class - how much more a woman who's not just a wife, but also of oneness.

- However, for a man who's a subjugator, a wife is automatically the husband's property.

It's a case of entitlement vs expectation. The latter is healthy while the former isn't.

Ironically, both male and female genders have subjugators. Any person of the manipulative ethical leanings is a subjugator. So, all egoists, narcissists and egotists are subjugators, because it takes either voluntary enslavement or outright servility to associate with you guys. Most of you (both males and females) who've already commented are subjugators. Small-mindedness knows no gender.

Meanwhile, fake libertarians are still worse than subjugators - hypocritically disingenuous people everywhere.

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is Your Wife Your Property? by Biglittlelois(f): 9:58am On Jul 03, 2019
MrBrownJay1:

Sadly, the bible itself has a degrading view of women, what do you expect?! Unless you are one of these people that believes that women are equal to men in the eyes of your holy book....HIGHLY LAUGHABLE!!!

I am not even going to dwell on African women having a degrading view of their own self... And expecting a man to buy them off via bride price BS. If a man pays money to your parents/guardian to marry you, then by all mean, you are his property.

I have noticed that all these non religionists prefer to argue baselessly on Christianity cos that's the only religion they can try to bring down knowing full well that there will never any consequences for it, do that to others too, no they won't, they become voiceless and without stamina, do you.

2 Likes

Re: Is Your Wife Your Property? by Lexusgs430: 10:25am On Jul 03, 2019
A woman is a property, if she wants to be a property.......

A woman that is simply a housewife, not doing anything constructive/financially to contribute towards the upbringing of her family, is a property......

Expecting the husband to pay 100%, towards all household expenses/bills, is a property..... By the time the poor man dies out of exhaustion, she can now claim his properties.............

Likewise a man that does nothing, is a property.......

1 Like

Re: Is Your Wife Your Property? by MrBrownJay1(m): 10:29am On Jul 03, 2019
Biglittlelois:
I have noticed that all these non religionists prefer to argue baselessly on Christianity cos that's the only religion they can try to bring down knowing full well that there will never any consequences for it, do that to others too, no they won't, they become voiceless and without stamina, do you.

You are right....xtians AND muslims ain't no better regarding women, both religion have a degrading view about women (and view them as property)

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Separation/custody Of Children / Victor Boniface Biography: Tribe, Parents, State Of Origin, Stats, Transfer / Somebody Help Me, After A Week Visit To My Sister Is Waging War On Me And Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.