Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,181 members, 7,807,580 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:41 PM

Copa America: Messi Trophy drought continues as Argentina fails yet again - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Copa America: Messi Trophy drought continues as Argentina fails yet again (31422 Views)

Messi's Ligue 1 Goal Drought Continues: No Goal In Five Games / Messi Lifts The 2021 Copa America Trophy As Argentina Defeats Brazil (Video) / Diego Maradona Buried As Argentina Grieves (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Copa America: Messi Trophy drought continues as Argentina fails yet again by Mikeoyee(m): 10:03am On Jul 03, 2019
The team for even perform better without Messi.

2 Likes

Re: Copa America: Messi Trophy drought continues as Argentina fails yet again by naijalodge(m): 10:05am On Jul 03, 2019
Messi record with Argentina,
Not compatible with Icardi
Not compatible with D.Maria
Not compatible with Higuain
Not compatible with Aguero
Not compatible with Dybala
Not compatible with D. Milito
Not compatible with C. Tevez
Not compatible with E. Lavezzi
Not compatible with the team
Not compatible with the pitch
Not compatible with the ball
Not compatible the the Ref
Not compatible with VAR
Now is time to finally retire

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Copa America: Messi Trophy drought continues as Argentina fails yet again by naijalodge(m): 10:06am On Jul 03, 2019
Son:- Dad stop giving excuses
Just tell them the retirement date

7 Likes

Re: Copa America: Messi Trophy drought continues as Argentina fails yet again by Nobody: 10:10am On Jul 03, 2019
Mk12:

If kanu and Moses were players with similar stats and achievement, then the one with international trophy is better
Compare Didier Drogba with Yaya Toure then...
. I guess Toure is the Ivory Coast National team GOAT because he won an international trophy!!!

1 Like

Re: Copa America: Messi Trophy drought continues as Argentina fails yet again by Nobody: 10:11am On Jul 03, 2019
naijalodge:
Son:- Dad stop giving excuses
Just tell them the retirement date
They hate him for no reason...

Brazil is a worthy opponent...
. Argentina didn't lose to Tonga tongue
Re: Copa America: Messi Trophy drought continues as Argentina fails yet again by Nobody: 10:13am On Jul 03, 2019
Jimbadly:

Which international trophy?
Nation's cup!!!
Re: Copa America: Messi Trophy drought continues as Argentina fails yet again by Nobody: 10:14am On Jul 03, 2019
eni4real:
. I guess Toure is the Ivory Coast National team GOAT because he won an international trophy!!!
check their stats then come back and ask that question again

3 Likes

Re: Copa America: Messi Trophy drought continues as Argentina fails yet again by Nobody: 10:15am On Jul 03, 2019
chiboy1116:
honestly those small boys surprised me . They played their heart , but the defence was really poor , otamendi just isn't good
I am impressed by their doggedness too.

Brazil is a better team but they put a good fight, though the defence lags..

Aguero and Messi shot against the bar too...

It's better that Brazil win anyway. They are complete, from Allison to Firmino...
Re: Copa America: Messi Trophy drought continues as Argentina fails yet again by Bigmikedagod(m): 10:15am On Jul 03, 2019
Mk12:

if kanu and Moses were players with similar stats and achievement, then the one with international trophy is better

when kanu started playing international football Moses was in secondary school. how can u compare that with Ronaldo and messhp who started playing at almost the same time??

5 Likes

Re: Copa America: Messi Trophy drought continues as Argentina fails yet again by sssoulw(m): 10:16am On Jul 03, 2019
Who told you
Mikeoyee:
The team for even perform better without Messi.
Re: Copa America: Messi Trophy drought continues as Argentina fails yet again by Nobody: 10:17am On Jul 03, 2019
eni4real:
I am a Chelsea fan but I can say toure had a better career than drogba

2 Likes

Re: Copa America: Messi Trophy drought continues as Argentina fails yet again by Nobody: 10:19am On Jul 03, 2019
Bigmikedagod:

when kanu started playing international football Moses was in secondary school. how can u compare that with Ronaldo and messhp who started playing at almost the same time??
they don't have to play same time for you to compare them. all you need to do is check their stats and importance to their team

1 Like

Re: Copa America: Messi Trophy drought continues as Argentina fails yet again by tallfish145(m): 10:21am On Jul 03, 2019
chiboy1116:
Believe it or not , this is the best Argentina have played in a while , Survived an initial onslaught and took the fight to Brazil; could’ve had a few goals. Nothing to be down or ashamed about, in fact, I see quite a few positives they can take away.

Now hopefully the Federation resolves their issues and appoints a good coach – and most importantly – sticks with him for a couple years. And I really think this new set of players can win the next Copa America, do well in Qualifiers, and make a fight of it at the next WC too.

Really hope Messi doesn’t retire either, both he and the team looked the best they have in quite a while.
Such a consolatory text

4 Likes

Re: Copa America: Messi Trophy drought continues as Argentina fails yet again by Benekruku(m): 10:23am On Jul 03, 2019
Re: Copa America: Messi Trophy drought continues as Argentina fails yet again by Nobody: 10:23am On Jul 03, 2019
Mk12:

check their stats then come back and ask that question again
Which Stats are you talking about??

Yaya Toure has more Africa Footballer of the year award than Drogba.. .

He won an international trophy too which Drogba failed to win because he is "useless" as Messi in the national team..

Don't talk about stat here... You don't expect Yaya Toure a classical Midfielder to have goals stat as Drogba who was scoring goals for Ivory Coast but was "useless" when it matter most...
Re: Copa America: Messi Trophy drought continues as Argentina fails yet again by Nobody: 10:24am On Jul 03, 2019
Mk12:

I am a Chelsea fan but I can say toure had a better career than drogba
Toure is the best Ivory Coast Player in history tongue
Re: Copa America: Messi Trophy drought continues as Argentina fails yet again by Nobody: 10:26am On Jul 03, 2019
eni4real:
Which Stats are you talking about??

Yaya Toure has more Africa Footballer of the year award than Drogba.. .

He won an international trophy too which Drogba failed to win because he is "useless" as Messi in the national team..

Don't talk about stat here... You don't expect Yaya Toure a classical Midfielder to have goals stat as Drogba who was scoring goals for Ivory Coast but was "useless" when it matter most...
1.one is a midfielder and the other an attacker.
2.Toure had a better career than drogba even without afcon

1 Like

Re: Copa America: Messi Trophy drought continues as Argentina fails yet again by Nobody: 10:26am On Jul 03, 2019
Smartmanager:
Abeg cut the goat crap. Na u crown am?
He is the GOAT!!!

Best in the history of La liga... including Real Madrid!!!

The word GOAT (in football) was originally coined for Messi until Haters arrived...
Mk12:

1.one is a midfielder and the other an attacker.
2.Toure had a better career than drogba even without afcon
Toure is the best ever in the history of Ivory Coast!!!
Re: Copa America: Messi Trophy drought continues as Argentina fails yet again by Nobody: 10:27am On Jul 03, 2019
eni4real:
Toure is the best Ivory Coast Player in history tongue
while Ronaldo is the greatest footballer of all time

3 Likes

Re: Copa America: Messi Trophy drought continues as Argentina fails yet again by Angelfrost(m): 10:28am On Jul 03, 2019
Predictable outcome... They even tried to have made it to the semis...

Liverpool is blessed to currently have players like Firmino, Alisson, Mane, and Salah in the first team... Topping it off with a pillar like Van Dijk at the back... Klopp will go on to be one of the greatest coaches to ever grace the EPL...once he wins it.

3 Likes

Re: Copa America: Messi Trophy drought continues as Argentina fails yet again by Nobody: 10:30am On Jul 03, 2019
eni4real:
Toure is the best ever in the history of Ivory Coast!!!
I am not arguing just as no reasonable person will argue about the fact that Ronaldo is the greatest of all time

6 Likes

Re: Copa America: Messi Trophy drought continues as Argentina fails yet again by Nobody: 10:30am On Jul 03, 2019
Beverlyjean:

Stop deceiving urself... Ur guy can't perform outside Barca... U guys keep on making excuses for him... He was extremely poor in this tournament...no assist, just one penalty...
Yet he has most assist in the history of Argentina football!!!

He is playing deep now...

If he missed a penalty, he is a failure

If he score a penalty, he is a failure...

Without that Penalty Argentina will not even make the semis o (They would be 3rd in the group and play Brazil in the quarter final)

People just hate Messi for no reason just to score a cheap point for inferior players..
Mk12:

I am not arguing just as no reasonable person will argue about the fact that Ronaldo is the greatest of all time
Ronaldo is not even relevant here!!!
Re: Copa America: Messi Trophy drought continues as Argentina fails yet again by Nobody: 10:32am On Jul 03, 2019
Angelfrost:
Predictable outcome... They even tried to have made it to the semis...

Liverpool is blessed to currently have players like Firmino, Alisson, Mane, and Salah in the first team... Topping it off with a pillar like Van Dijk at the back... Klopp will go on to be one of the greatest coaches to ever grace the EPL...once he wins it.
someone have 13 EPL medals,some have 3 so I don't know how a coach with 0 plan on becoming the greatest coach.
someone even won it with Leicester city

1 Like

Re: Copa America: Messi Trophy drought continues as Argentina fails yet again by Nobody: 10:34am On Jul 03, 2019
eni4real:
Ronaldo is not even relevant here!!!
it was all about Ronaldo and his inferior Messi in this post before you dragged in other players so I don't know what you are talking

5 Likes

Re: Copa America: Messi Trophy drought continues as Argentina fails yet again by Nobody: 10:34am On Jul 03, 2019
Nonstoprain:
who is comparing them, I am only saying that Ronaldo will be happy to see Messi miss another opportunity to lift an international trophy, so please always read between the lines before you jump to conclusions.

Thank you.
Why will Ronaldo be happy that Messi did not win an international trophy

Are they competing for same award this season?? The answer is no!!!

I have never heard of a professional being happy that a great player miss the opportunity to lift a national team trophy unless both are contesting for a Ballon d'or tho!!
Re: Copa America: Messi Trophy drought continues as Argentina fails yet again by Nobody: 10:39am On Jul 03, 2019
Mk12:

it was all about Ronaldo and his inferior Messi in this post before you dragged in other players so I don't know what you are talking
Ronaldo is not even a South American nor participate in the Copa America..

He is not even the best Portuguese this season, Bernaldo Silva is!!

He could not even beat Quagrilera to top scorer award in Italy...

He is not among the best 3 performer this season(Don't talk about the UNL. He only make cameo at the semi final after Portugal have gone far in the tournament)

Allison, Messi, VVD and Bernaldo Silva has a better output than him...

May be he equalized Mbappe's performance this season after the UNL victory..

Ronaldo is not relevant in this discussion..

2 Likes

Re: Copa America: Messi Trophy drought continues as Argentina fails yet again by maestroferdi: 10:40am On Jul 03, 2019
Sanchez01:

If at 32, you think Messi would pull a Houdini in Argentina and lead the team to glory, then I'd say you just about have no idea who Messi is. At his finest, he couldn't even play to save them. The only two times he has scored and Argentina defeated Brazil were in friendly matches where Brazil featured youngsters.

Messi is way past his prime. He plays with lack of motivation these days, even in Barcelona. No one can blame him for hitting 32 and we certainly can't compare him to Ronaldo. It is unfair. Ronaldo is hungry and competitive, Messi is not. Messi would be 35 by the next WC which means he would have greatly declined if not retired already.

Ronaldo and Messi were compared at some point for not having national honours to their names but it changed in an instant for Ronaldo. At the Euro final, one would wonder why an 'old man' would cry like a child over injury, only to come out and take over as the coach.

Genius doesn't cut it in football. If you don't strive, the best hardworking player will overtake you. Such is the case of Messi and Ronaldo. History would no doubt be kind to Messi. He couldn't step up when the world focused on him the most and this he did severally.

You can imagine sports analysts saying Liverpool would not have been able to walk away with their comeback win if Ronaldo was in the Barcelona team. Messi was once brilliant and still might remain so in Barcelona but I don't see him doing wonders for Argentina at 35. I just don't.
No argument here...Messi lacks the ambition needed succeed despite odds.

He appears to have tailed off as a family man with football relegated to something like a whim.

You dont prove a damp squib in a tournament only to throw tantrums at the referee when you are rightly beaten...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Copa America: Messi Trophy drought continues as Argentina fails yet again by Magnifico2000: 10:43am On Jul 03, 2019
Nonstoprain:
Ronaldo right now be like
Hahaha.. penaldo is better ABI?
Re: Copa America: Messi Trophy drought continues as Argentina fails yet again by Nobody: 10:45am On Jul 03, 2019
eni4real:
Ronaldo is not even a South American nor participate in the Copa America..

He is not even the best Portuguese this season, Bernaldo Silva is!!

He could not even beat Quagrilera to top scorer award in Italy...

He is not among the best 3 performer this season(Don't talk about the UNL. He only make cameo at the semi final after Portugal have gone far in the tournament)

Allison, Messi, VVD and Bernaldo Silva has a better output than him...

May be he equalized Mbappe's performance this season after the UNL victory..

Ronaldo is not relevant in this discussion..
the Yaya toure you were talking about could not even get into the olympiacos starting eleven this season.
remember I said greatest of all time not this season alone.
he is the player with more laliga goals than match played. he has conquered laliga. last season was to adapt to a new mission

4 Likes

Re: Copa America: Messi Trophy drought continues as Argentina fails yet again by maestroferdi: 10:46am On Jul 03, 2019
eni4real:
Yet he has most assist in the history of Argentina football!!!

He is playing deep now...

If he missed a penalty, he is a failure

If he score a penalty, he is a failure...

Without that Penalty Argentina will not even make the semis o (They would be 3rd in the group and play Brazil in the quarter final)

People just hate Messi for no reason just to score a cheap point for inferior players..
Messi is annoyingly indulgent.

Maybe he expects the rest of the world to kowtow before him for being the best player in the world without kicking a ball in anger.

Consider the implosion against Liverpool...What exactly was going on in Messi's mind with the kind of performance he gave?

Dude was lethargic and scowling at team mates needlessly when all he needed to do was score one goal to knock out the opposition...

Truth be told, Ronaldo is much more ambitious than Messi...That might prove the difference in the GOAT debate/reckoning.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Alex Iwobi Shares Throwback Photos Of His Family / Man Slams Chichi Igbo: "You Don't Have A Dick, So You Can't Be Us" / Samuel Chukwueze, Villarreal Players Celebrate Europa League Final Qualification

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.