Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,876 members, 7,806,513 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:40 PM

Copa America: Messi Trophy drought continues as Argentina fails yet again - Sports (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Copa America: Messi Trophy drought continues as Argentina fails yet again (31415 Views)

Messi's Ligue 1 Goal Drought Continues: No Goal In Five Games / Messi Lifts The 2021 Copa America Trophy As Argentina Defeats Brazil (Video) / Diego Maradona Buried As Argentina Grieves (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Copa America: Messi Trophy drought continues as Argentina fails yet again by Blabbermouth: 3:54pm On Jul 05, 2019
Jeferious:
In a football team, there are eleven players: defenders, midfielders and strikers. They all have obligations to fulfill in each match, according to the positions they occupy on the pitch. It's just a pity that the media is excessively focused on forwards. Those who score the goals have the spotlight focused on them, while all others who contribute to every other facet of the game apart from goalscoring are largely ignored. For the first time since 2006, FIFA is appreciating that football is bigger than scoring goals. We saw it last year when Modric won the Ballon d'or, and it could also happen this year if Van Dijk wins it too.

Secondly, Portugal is not a lowly team. Rui Patricio is a brilliant goalkeeper. Pepe, Jose Fonte and Bruno Alves are all world-class centre-backs. Raphael Guerrero is doing well at Dortmund Borrusia. Cedric is average, but his game is really improving. William Carlvaho is the brain behind Real Betis dominating Barcelona in terms of ball possession this season. I would put him in the same class with Sergio Busquets. A veritable midfield boss. Andre Gomes, Joao Moutinho, Renato Sanches are not bad players. Goncalo Guides was outstanding for Valencia this past season. What would I say about Bernardo Silva, or Quaresma? My dear, Portugal is a fairly good team, and Ronaldo has great teammates surrounding him in his national side. Besides the team has a great coach who has been more than able to coordinate that team.

Messi is obviously a better individual player than Ronaldo, though I must confess that Ronaldo is far more ambitious. The former relies mainly on his talent and technical genius too much- he is too laidback for my liking. However, if he had teammates who supplied what he lacked as a player, he would have with their help won something with Argentina. But his teammates don't help matters. They rely on him too much... obviously they fail to recognize that he's just a "laidback" genius who has nothing else to offer than talent and immense technical abilities.

But still at that, Messi is better than Ronaldo or any other player in history. The GOAT title was originally meant for him. Ronaldo's fans stole the title because they thought their icon is giving the Argentine a run for his money. Of course, they would always supply useless stats to prove a futile point. But Messi is that kind of player that whatever stats you supply in his favour would not do justice to what he has contributed to the game. A laidback genius quite alright, but a pure genius. 100% genius.

Of course, I expect dissent to my opinion. I expect to see some express that the Portuguese Ronaldo is the rightful GOAT. No problem. Just conduct my little experiment of taking Messi out of the picture, and compare the Portuguese Ronaldo with Maradona, De Lima, Zidane, Pele, Rivaldo. You'd see the stupidity in that claim with your own eyes.
Beverlyjean , cr7lomo and DAT hideous Jokerman should reread this again.
Number 1 reason why the only thing a typical Cr7 fan could conjure up are goal stats.
I could ask anyone of them who is the best goal scorer in Europe and u would see how biased their response would be
Sm1 even said Ronaldo is GOAT because he has conquered in different league while Ferguson is greatest manager because of what he achieved with MAN UTD {that's only a club just like Messi }
Another fan said Guardiola isn't greater than mourinho because he jumps from club to club that could easily win their respective league {exactly what Ronaldo did}
U can say "I love Ronaldo the most" no one would drag u for that " but that "Ronaldo is the GOAT?!!!"
That's a no no!
Moreover that term was originally for Messi. Same with "god of football" too
Re: Copa America: Messi Trophy drought continues as Argentina fails yet again by Frankaka8(m): 3:59pm On Jul 05, 2019
ReeLoaDead:
Messi is in denial, he blamed his recent failures at Copa 2019 on the "football pitch" grin grin
Interestingly, Messi fanatics are also in denial, they sometimes claim not to be obsessed with Messi and obstinately blame others for Messi's failures grin grin grin...
Messi is 34tophies at 31yrs is a failure? OVERALL BEST PLAYER IN BARCA HISTORY AND LALIGA HISTORY, HIGHEST GOAL SCORER FRLOR ARGENTINA? 1st player to get 5 balon dor and his 6th is undisputed. Only man with 6 European golden boot?? His only low, is Argentina national team. He doesnt have Guedes or Eder to help him in finals.... MIND YOU, MESSI PLAYS AS AN ATTACKING MIDFIELDER, yet outscores 18yard box predator and tap in warrior
Re: Copa America: Messi Trophy drought continues as Argentina fails yet again by Jokerman(m): 4:01pm On Jul 05, 2019
Blabbermouth:

I don't give 2 Bleep concerning where he won champions league. My own is, he won 2 UCL.
Guardiola won league title {back to back , FYI} at Spain, Germany and England.
100 point (the highest) to win Premier League (ur so-hyped numero 1 league).
All 6 club trophies winable in his first season as senior manager.
Treble winning Barcelona 2009.
2010 top 3 ballon d'or nominees were players under Guardiola.
The fourmidable mancity ; He won all winnable trophies that a club could win within England premier league.
Let's stop at that.
It's nice for u to truly admit Guardiola is better and greater than mourinho.
This is exactly how I would have/ will shut u up when messi clinch an international trophy

You are just a clown

Apart from Messi, can you tell us any player better than Lampard or Sneijder that Mourinho coached, that Pep has produced??

Mourinho also made 100 points with Real Madrid on Laliga scoring 121 league goals

1 Like

Re: Copa America: Messi Trophy drought continues as Argentina fails yet again by ReeLoaDead(m): 4:08pm On Jul 05, 2019
Frankaka8:
Messi is 34tophies at 31yrs is a failure? OVERALL BEST PLAYER IN BARCA HISTORY AND LALIGA HISTORY, HIGHEST GOAL SCORER FRLOR ARGENTINA? 1st player to get 5 balon dor and his 6th is undisputed. Only man with 6 European golden boot?? His only low, is Argentina national team. He doesnt have Guedes or Eder to help him in finals.... MIND YOU, MESSI PLAYS AS AN ATTACKING MIDFIELDER, yet outscores 18yard box predator and tap in warrior
So you are back to digging up Messi’s awards at FC Barcelona proving that he only perform at the club level. I see Messi fanaticism induced delusions have kicked in again.
Let me ask you a simple question. How many trophies has Messi won for Argentina senior national team?? Here’s a hint. It is the same as the number of goals he scored at Anfield on Tuesday 7th of May, 2019 grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Copa America: Messi Trophy drought continues as Argentina fails yet again by Jokerman(m): 4:08pm On Jul 05, 2019
Blabbermouth:

This was how u shld have answered my question (s)
1. Mourinho won treble with inter only {I asked u dis qst bcus u said he won treble with Porto, and with ur statement I felt you don't know wat a treble is generally referred to (UCL, League cup, and the country's league 1 title)}
5. Mourinho did a back to back with Chelsea { in this question I was only referring to EPL}
(ps: guess I was ignorant that mourinho did it at Chelsea in his first spell there)
THINGS U WERE IGNORANT ABT
1. What a treble is generally referred to as
2. the context of "back-to-back " I was referring to
3. U don't really know anything abt Barcelona, if u did, u won't be mentioning rijkaard . if u had called Cruyff, it would still be tolerably debatable.
So don't go down that lane at all!!!
4. eni4real knows football STATS than I do, and I admit. But did u notice he hasn't convinced u nor u 'him. Everyone could tweak stats based on wat favors u or ur opinion. Dats why I prefer logic.
there is one guy on this thread (maybe this page sef) , convincing u that if messi is removed from the picture how the jigsaw of Ronaldo being the GOAT won't fit at all, if he had said these same thing with stats, u would have bombarded him with stats that suits u.
In some other thread, I purposely asked u a QST concerning Messi et Ronaldo "who is greater battle" , from u and Jokerman response, if the day eventually comes, u see hw speechless u would be. Just as u couldn't bring up anything for mourinho that Guardiola hasn't trampled upon, (where as there are other bullet of stats for Guardiola in his arsenal)
SmH... Take my advice tho, and start watching football.

Lol... Clown

Guardiola 1 treble Mourinho 1 treble
Guardiola 100 points Mourinho 100 points
Guardiola 2UCL (Barcelona) Mourinho (2 UCL with Porto and Inter)
Guardiola (3 leagues title in 3 countries) Mourinho (4 league titles in 4 countries)
Guardiola ( back to back league titles in 3 countries) Mourinho (back to back league titles in 3 countries)

Now analyze well

2 Likes

Re: Copa America: Messi Trophy drought continues as Argentina fails yet again by Frankaka8(m): 4:10pm On Jul 05, 2019
ReeLoaDead:

So you are back to digging up Messi’s awards at FC Barcelona proving that he only perform at the club level. I see delusional psychosis has kicked in again.
Let me ask you a simple question. How many trophies has Messi won for Argentina senior national team?? Here’s a hint. It is the same as the number of goals he scored at Anfield on Tuesday 7th of May, 2019 grin grin grin
Took Argentina to 3finals... fair enough. Just hard luck. Like i said, they had no Guedes and Eder to help them in Argentina
Re: Copa America: Messi Trophy drought continues as Argentina fails yet again by virago(f): 4:11pm On Jul 05, 2019
eni4real:
Kanu has no international trophy!!! He won nothing for Nigeria!! Olympic and Under 20 WC is nothing in Messi's discussion. Let's make it nothing in Kanu's discussion too... Victor Moses and Sunday Mba were more 'useful' for Nigeria than Kanu will ever be..

Kanu won those awards because of his performance in the club and for having world best teammates...

Victor Moses practically carried Nigeria on his Shoulder in 2013 AFCON!!!

Victor Moses has won only one Nations cup , what else has he won for Nigeria. Kanu has two trophies and also practically won the Olympics for Nigeria
Re: Copa America: Messi Trophy drought continues as Argentina fails yet again by virago(f): 4:12pm On Jul 05, 2019
Blabbermouth:
I get u. Now who is greater between messi and Ronaldo
Mind you Kanu has two trophies for Nigeria and Victor Moses has only one
Re: Copa America: Messi Trophy drought continues as Argentina fails yet again by Blabbermouth: 4:12pm On Jul 05, 2019
Jokerman:

You are just a clown

Apart from Messi, can you tell us any player better than Lampard or Sneijder that Mourinho coached, that Pep has produced??

Mourinho also made 100 points with Real Madrid on Laliga scoring 121 league goals
I saw dis same digital noise u typed in another thread, when did Guardiola became a nanny or player caretaker ??
Re: Copa America: Messi Trophy drought continues as Argentina fails yet again by ReeLoaDead(m): 4:13pm On Jul 05, 2019
Frankaka8:
Took Argentina to 3finals... fair enough. Just hard luck. Like i said, they had no Guedes and Eder to help them in Argentina
So you have reduced Messi to the lower level that you celebrate 2nd place?? So you are in effect calling him a disabled goat?? grin
Why did Messi not score in those finals?? Is it the same reason that he did not score from open play in Copa 2019?? Or let me guess, it was the football pitch abi ?? grin grin grin
Re: Copa America: Messi Trophy drought continues as Argentina fails yet again by Blabbermouth: 4:13pm On Jul 05, 2019
virago:

Mind you Kanu has two trophies for Nigeria and Victor Moses has only one
That wasn't the response to my question
Re: Copa America: Messi Trophy drought continues as Argentina fails yet again by Jokerman(m): 4:14pm On Jul 05, 2019
Blabbermouth:

I saw dis same digital noise u typed in another thread, when did Guardiola became a nanny or player caretaker ??

Lol... My fellow Barca fan.... grin I thought you were making mouth that pep is the best at managing or building players
Re: Copa America: Messi Trophy drought continues as Argentina fails yet again by virago(f): 4:15pm On Jul 05, 2019
Blabbermouth:
That wasn't the response to my question
You can deduce your answer from my statement , 2 is always greater than one
Re: Copa America: Messi Trophy drought continues as Argentina fails yet again by Blabbermouth: 4:16pm On Jul 05, 2019
ReeLoaDead:

So you have reduced Messi to the lower level that you celebrate 2nd place?? So you are in effect calling him a disabled goat?? grin
Why did Messi not score in those finals?? Is it the same reason that he did not score from open play in Copa 2019?? Or let me guess, it was the football pitch abi ?? grin grin grin
Frankaka8 can u remember that bicycle kick Ronaldo scored at Euro 2016 final, and that long range shot he scored from Italy at UNL 2019 finale.
Let him know mumu question doth require mumu answers
Re: Copa America: Messi Trophy drought continues as Argentina fails yet again by Blabbermouth: 4:20pm On Jul 05, 2019
Jokerman:

Lol... Clown

Guardiola 1 treble Mourinho 1 treble
Guardiola 100 points Mourinho 100 points
Guardiola 2UCL (Barcelona) Mourinho (2 UCL with Porto and Inter)
Guardiola (3 leagues title in 3 countries) Mourinho (4 league titles in 4 countries)
Guardiola ( back to back league titles in 3 countries) Mourinho (back to back league titles in 3 countries)

Now analyze well
Which 1 would u like me to start with, Guardiola's mad achievement at Barcelona or his current spell at England??
choose wisely
{for Leniency, I removed Bayern out of the equation}
Re: Copa America: Messi Trophy drought continues as Argentina fails yet again by Blabbermouth: 4:22pm On Jul 05, 2019
virago:

You can deduce your answer from my statement , 2 is always greater than one
there were two different question 4rm 2 different people.
Mine was , who is now greater between messi and Ronaldo
Re: Copa America: Messi Trophy drought continues as Argentina fails yet again by Smartmanager(m): 4:23pm On Jul 05, 2019
Blabbermouth:

That trophy is in Messi's name to show his individual greatness and Ronaldo has none to his name. Not even in this UNL.
So Messi performed better on national level
Sorry
Re: Copa America: Messi Trophy drought continues as Argentina fails yet again by Blabbermouth: 4:24pm On Jul 05, 2019
Smartmanager:
Sorry
seen
Re: Copa America: Messi Trophy drought continues as Argentina fails yet again by Blabbermouth: 4:25pm On Jul 05, 2019
Smartmanager:
Sorry
seen
Re: Copa America: Messi Trophy drought continues as Argentina fails yet again by Blabbermouth: 4:30pm On Jul 05, 2019
Jokerman:

Lol... My fellow Barca fan.... grin I thought you were making mouth that pep is the best at managing or building players
Joke aside, 1. Did mourinho produced those u mentioned, or he coached them??
2. Is the quality of players u have coached now determines a coach's greatness??
Laugh wan kill me, well answer me those qst first b4 I strike u with that same sword u wield
Re: Copa America: Messi Trophy drought continues as Argentina fails yet again by Frankaka8(m): 4:35pm On Jul 05, 2019
ReeLoaDead:

2nd place in FIFA WORLDCUP + GOLDEN BALL IS FAR BETTER THAN EUROS. AFTERALL HE WON OLYMPICS GOLD AND U20 WITH ARGENTINA JUNIOR TEAM. MAKE I HEAR WORD. GUEDES AND EDER HELPED HIM SCORE IN FINAL, PEOPLE BEGIN RANT.
Re: Copa America: Messi Trophy drought continues as Argentina fails yet again by ReeLoaDead(m): 4:40pm On Jul 05, 2019
Frankaka8:
2nd place in FIFA WORLDCUP + GOLDEN BALL IS FAR BETTER THAN EUROS. AFTERALL HE WON OLYMPICS GOLD AND U20 WITH ARGENTINA JUNIOR TEAM. MAKE I HEAR WORD. GUEDES AND EDER HELPED HIM SCORE IN FINAL, PEOPLE BEGIN RANT.
ha ha ha ... so second place is what you have reduced Messi too?? Do you have any equivalent asinine comparison of Messi’s second place in Copa America?? Let me laugh some more
Re: Copa America: Messi Trophy drought continues as Argentina fails yet again by ReeLoaDead(m): 4:43pm On Jul 05, 2019
Blabbermouth:

Frankaka8 can u remember that bicycle kick Ronaldo scored at Euro 2016 final, and that long range shot he scored from Italy at UNL 2019 finale.
Let him know mumu question doth require mumu answers
Mr Crètinous fûcktard ... how many trophies has Messi won for Argentina senior national team?? Let me hear how you and your boyfriend use the “second place is an achievement” logic again, I need to laugh some more grin grin grin
Maradona delivered World Cup glory
Messi cannot even deliver Copa America
Messi is a goat not the GOAT grin grin grin
Re: Copa America: Messi Trophy drought continues as Argentina fails yet again by Frankaka8(m): 4:44pm On Jul 05, 2019
ReeLoaDead:
ha ha ha ... so second place is what you have reduced Messi too?? Do you have any equivalent asinine comparison of Messi’s second place in Copa America?? Let me laugh some more
WHICH TOURNAMENT HAS CR7 EMERGED AS THE BEST PLAYER? TWO FINALS HE WON, HE DID *NOTHING* . HIS TEAM MATES SAVED HIS ARSSE. STOP COMPARING A TALENT TO A HARWORKER. MESSI IS ABOVE ANY FOOTBALLER BORN OF A WOMAN.
Re: Copa America: Messi Trophy drought continues as Argentina fails yet again by ReeLoaDead(m): 4:46pm On Jul 05, 2019
Frankaka8:
WHICH TOURNAMENT HAS CR7 EMERGED AS THE BEST PLAYER? TWO FINALS HE WON, HE DID *NOTHING* . HIS TEAM MATES SAVED HIS ARSSE. STOP COMPARING A TALENT TO A HARWORKER. MESSI IS ABOVE ANY FOOTBALL BORN OF A WOMAN.
So called best player that does not deliver any trophies??
Argentina go carry that best player award hang am for their trophy cabinet??
If tomorrow ighalo scores 5 goals and wins the AFCON golden boot but Nigeria loses 6-5 to Cameroon, you will commot your pant and be celebrating that great achievement by Super Eagles abi?? grin grin cheesy
Re: Copa America: Messi Trophy drought continues as Argentina fails yet again by Frankaka8(m): 4:49pm On Jul 05, 2019
ReeLoaDead:
Mr Crètinous fûcktard ... how many trophies has Messi won for Argentina senior national team?? Let me hear how you and your boyfriend use the “second place is an achievement” logic again, I need to laugh some more grin grin grin
Maradona delivered World Cup glory
Messi cannot even deliver Copa America
Messi is a goat not the GOAT grin grin grin
PEDRO HAS WON A WORLDCUP, IS HE BETTER THAN HAZARD WITHOUT A WORLDCUP? GIROUD WON A WORLDCUP, IS HE BETTER THAN LEWANDOSKI OR DROGBA WITHOUT A WORLDCUP? MESSI WITHOUT INTL, TROPHY IS STILL BETTER THAN CR7 WITH 2 TROPHIES. said by Rafael Dudamel ( Venezuela coach)

Re: Copa America: Messi Trophy drought continues as Argentina fails yet again by ReeLoaDead(m): 4:51pm On Jul 05, 2019
Frankaka8:
PEDRO HAS WON A WORLDCUP, IS HE BETTER THAN HAZARD WITHOUT A WORLDCUP? GIROUD WON A WORLDCUP, IS HE BETTER THAN LEWANDOSKI OR DROGBA WITHOUT A WORLDCUP? MESSI WITHOUT INTL, TROPHY IS STILL BETTER THAN CR7 WITH 2 TROPHIES. said by Rafael Dudamel ( Venezuela coach)
So now you hate back to displaying crètinous fücktardism ... why don’t you go ahead and name the players on the bench .... or even better, claim that second place is an achievement grin grin ;
Messi - zero trophies for Argentina grin grin grin
Re: Copa America: Messi Trophy drought continues as Argentina fails yet again by Frankaka8(m): 4:51pm On Jul 05, 2019
ReeLoaDead:

So called best player that does not deliver any trophies??
Argentina go carry that best player award hang am for their trophy cabinet??
If tomorrow ighalo scores 5 goals and wins the AFCON golden boot but Nigeria loses 6-5 to Cameroon, you will commot your pant and be celebrating that great achievement by Super Eagles abi?? grin grin cheesy
Aboki INTERNATIONAL TROPHIES IS GOOOD AS IT IS A TEAM EFFORT. HOWEVER OS NOT A YARDSTICK TO WHO IS BETTER. PEDRO HAS A WORLDCUP, HAZARD HAS NONE. WHO IS A BETTER FOOTBALLER?
Re: Copa America: Messi Trophy drought continues as Argentina fails yet again by Frankaka8(m): 4:52pm On Jul 05, 2019
ReeLoaDead:

So now you hate back to displaying crètinous fücktardism ... why don’t you go ahead and name the players on the bench .... or even better, claim that second place is an achievement grin grin ;
Messi - zero trophies for Argentina grin grin grin
IT IS AN ACHIEVEMENT COS CR7 WILL NEVER PLAY A FIFA WORLDCUP FINAL.... SAME WAY MESSI WILL NEVER WIN INTL TROPHY WITH A CURSED ARGIES NATIONAL TEAM. YET MESSI IS FOOTBALL
Re: Copa America: Messi Trophy drought continues as Argentina fails yet again by ReeLoaDead(m): 4:53pm On Jul 05, 2019
Frankaka8:
Aboki INTERNATIONAL TROPHIES IS GOOOD AS IT IS A TEAM EFFORT. HOWEVER OS NOT A YARDSTICK TO WHO IS BETTER. PEDRO HAS A WORLDCUP, HAZARD HAS NONE. WHO IS A BETTER FOOTBALLER?
Now you are making asinine comparisons... this is imbècility as a result of the pain caused by Messi not winning any international trophies. You might as well start mentioning bench players then grin grin grin
Re: Copa America: Messi Trophy drought continues as Argentina fails yet again by ReeLoaDead(m): 4:55pm On Jul 05, 2019
Frankaka8:
IT IS AN ACHIEVEMENT COS CR7 WILL NEVER PLAY A FIFA WORLDCUP FINAL.... SAME WAY MESSI WILL NEVER WIN INTL TROPHY WITH A CURSED ARGIES NATIONAL TEAM. YET MESSI IS FOOTBALL
Forget World Cup, tell Messi to win Copa America. How many goals did he score from open play in Copa 19??
It is the same number of goals he scored in Anfield on May 7th, 2019 grin grin
PS: Messi blamed the pitch grin grin
Re: Copa America: Messi Trophy drought continues as Argentina fails yet again by Frankaka8(m): 4:58pm On Jul 05, 2019
ReeLoaDead:

Now you are making asinine comparisons... this is imbècility as a result of the pain caused by Messi not winning any international trophies. You might as well start mentioning bench players then grin grin grin
Ur brain is full of relaxer. Messi has 34 trophies at 31yrs with 2years less career than tapnaldo who jumps to big clubs to make noise at 34yrs. AN ATTACKIND MIDFIELD MESTRO WTH 6 GOLDEN BOOT BETTER THAN 18YARD BOX PREDATOR AND TAPINS WARRIOR. Go and google head to head Messi vs Cr7 in Barca vs Madrid and see for urself. NA GUEDES AND EDER MAKE UNA GET NOISE.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Iheanacho, Ezeh, Obasi And Baba With Nigerian U13 In 2010 (Pic) / ‘Adebayor Is Very Lazy’- Brede Hangeland, Ex Team Mate Exposes Striker / Alex Iwobi Shares Throwback Photos Of His Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.