Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,041 members, 7,799,525 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:53 PM

Brazil Defeat Messi, Argentina 2-0 To Reach Copa America Final (video) - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Brazil Defeat Messi, Argentina 2-0 To Reach Copa America Final (video) (28185 Views)

Adidas Collapses As Leo Messi's Argentina Jerseys Are Soldout Worldwide / Argentina Vs Brazil: Copa America Final (1 - 0) - Live / Lionel Messi Dribbles Past Five Players In Argentina 2-2 Uruguay Draw (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Brazil Defeat Messi, Argentina 2-0 To Reach Copa America Final (video) by tadetobi: 11:50am On Jul 03, 2019
Sanchez01:
The WiFi that doesn't connect outside of Camp Nou grin
bros why na, small small biko
Re: Brazil Defeat Messi, Argentina 2-0 To Reach Copa America Final (video) by Nobody: 11:52am On Jul 03, 2019
nairalee:
Na for matches against minnows like Nigeria Messi go begin flex muscles.

See where his genius is needed now he failed to live up to expectation.

I'm disappointed my GOAT
He is not your GOAT...

He is the Football GOAT!!!

1 Like

Re: Brazil Defeat Messi, Argentina 2-0 To Reach Copa America Final (video) by Nobody: 11:53am On Jul 03, 2019
alexvatt:
Messi is an overrated player, Ronaldo is far better than him millions times. Mind u I'm a Barcelona fan.
Eder and Bernaldo Silva says hi tongue
Re: Brazil Defeat Messi, Argentina 2-0 To Reach Copa America Final (video) by Nobody: 11:54am On Jul 03, 2019
majamajic:
Messi should go and sit down !!

Ronaldo is far better than him

if Ronaldo is with this same team for the past 15 yrs am sure of at least 1 world cup and about 3 Copa ,

Argentina team is always better than any Portuguese team yet Ronaldo was able to bring home some couple of trophies with them.
Eder and Bernaldo Silva...
Always include them when you want to talk about Ronaldo international trophy.. .
Re: Brazil Defeat Messi, Argentina 2-0 To Reach Copa America Final (video) by majamajic(m): 11:56am On Jul 03, 2019
eni4real:
Eder and Bernaldo Silva...
Always include them when you want to talk about Ronaldo international trophy.. .

Silva was not in the team that won the European cup !!

Eder came in 79 mins in the final , Ronaldo single handedly moved Portugal where they are today . and he is still working so hard , Messi will soon announce his retirement today or later this week , only to come back after they qualified for another major tournament , cos he don't like Making the long journey from Spain to South America these years again so he can be fit for Barca

4 Likes

Re: Brazil Defeat Messi, Argentina 2-0 To Reach Copa America Final (video) by Nobody: 11:56am On Jul 03, 2019
Nairaland is full of Messis Haters.. They always wish him bad luck even before he play any match..

Your criticism should no longer be taken seriously

You are just scoring cheap point for Ronaldo who would not win the international trophy without the decisiveness of Eder and Bernaldo Silva!!!
Re: Brazil Defeat Messi, Argentina 2-0 To Reach Copa America Final (video) by Samyj247: 11:57am On Jul 03, 2019
alexvatt:
Messi is an overrated player, Ronaldo is far better than him millions times. Mind u I'm a Barcelona fan.
lols u just said the truth and I like that. this is called sincerity. around 2015 I was also a messi fan though not a barca fan...I switched to ronaldo when the guy blew my mind in 2016 champions league. since then ronaldo is giving me joy in football. Messi is just only best in barca.

3 Likes

Re: Brazil Defeat Messi, Argentina 2-0 To Reach Copa America Final (video) by Nobody: 11:59am On Jul 03, 2019
majamajic:

Silva was not in the team when they won European cup !!

Eder won the Euro trophy against the toughest opponent when Ronaldo was handicapped by injury. .. He is the reason why Portugal won the trophy (mind you I didn't say qualify for the final, the trophy against a star studded France)

Bernaldo Silva is the the reason why Portugal won the UNL trophy...

So why scoring cheap points for Ronaldo??

Ronaldo is not relevant in Messi's discussion this season...
Re: Brazil Defeat Messi, Argentina 2-0 To Reach Copa America Final (video) by Doluseun(m): 12:01pm On Jul 03, 2019
PopeFlatino:
Ronaldo Fans masturbating on this thread.

In Life u can't be complete at all,,, Individually for over 10 years Messi has proven to be a better footballers than Cr7, combining goals with cool dribbles,nutmegs,chances created,assists,free kicks,impacting the game generally but his Team success in both club and country have always been limited unlike Cr7 who scores just goals,most times on Noddings and pks but has found luck in his teams ,even when he isn't involved ..

I feel for Messi but Argentina as a nation football body should work on their administration
Did you know Cr7 freekick stats dwarf messi own.
Messi just started scoring freekicks consistently a couple of season.
Re: Brazil Defeat Messi, Argentina 2-0 To Reach Copa America Final (video) by Abdulpro1(m): 12:06pm On Jul 03, 2019
Omoslim26:

:-D:-Dmy guy i defeated sleep jst to see dis great news
Looool
Re: Brazil Defeat Messi, Argentina 2-0 To Reach Copa America Final (video) by majamajic(m): 12:06pm On Jul 03, 2019
eni4real:

Eder won the Euro trophy against the toughest opponent when Ronaldo was handicapped by injury. .. He is the reason why Portugal won the trophy (mind you I didn't say qualify for the final, the trophy against a star studded France)

eder came in 79 mins of the final , so Di Maria and ortamendi can't do so for Messi too

this present super eagles , Ronaldo will win World cup with them .

2 Likes

Re: Brazil Defeat Messi, Argentina 2-0 To Reach Copa America Final (video) by Doluseun(m): 12:07pm On Jul 03, 2019
eni4real:

please stop displaying your stupidity on Nairaland .
How many goals did eder scored for Portugal in Euro 2016.
Comparing him to the highest goal scorer and assist for Portugal in that competition.
He was injured , he didn't chicken out .

3 Likes

Re: Brazil Defeat Messi, Argentina 2-0 To Reach Copa America Final (video) by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jul 03, 2019
Doluseun:

please stop displaying your stupidity on Nairaland .
How many goals did eder scored for Portugal in Euro 2016.
Comparing him to the highest goal scorer and assist for Portugal in that competition.
He was injured , he didn't chicken out .
Eder scored the most important goal in the history of Portugal national team...

That goal is greater than any other goal scored by any Portuguese ever!!!

To make it more interesting he scored the trophy winning goal when their best player was handicapped by injury...
Re: Brazil Defeat Messi, Argentina 2-0 To Reach Copa America Final (video) by freshMallam1122: 12:18pm On Jul 03, 2019
israelmao:
Messi has not done much for his national team his best is only at the club level.
not only his national team.. let the Yong mofos try another club let's see him shine..
Re: Brazil Defeat Messi, Argentina 2-0 To Reach Copa America Final (video) by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jul 03, 2019
majamajic:

eder came in 79 mins of the final , so Di Maria and ortamendi can't do so for Messi too

this present super eagles , Ronaldo will win World cup with them .
79 minutes with such an impact?

That should be the greatest 40 minutes in the history of Portugal national team football....

What he did against star studded France is the greatest by any Portuguese for their National team!!!
Re: Brazil Defeat Messi, Argentina 2-0 To Reach Copa America Final (video) by Godsage(m): 12:40pm On Jul 03, 2019
eni4real:

The picture say otherwise sir
Ronaldo is more relevant to portugal than messi is to Argentina

Give ororo Argentina.. Dem go win world cup

1 Like

Re: Brazil Defeat Messi, Argentina 2-0 To Reach Copa America Final (video) by namiji2598: 1:11pm On Jul 03, 2019
peressteve:
You just be drunk to say Italian Serie A is not a good league small pikin well no know ball
work on ur English, it will help u
Re: Brazil Defeat Messi, Argentina 2-0 To Reach Copa America Final (video) by PopeFlatino(m): 1:11pm On Jul 03, 2019
Idiot Check d Year gap I mentioned,2009 till now...seems ur blind,by d way do u know wat dwarfed means?..it will take Messi just little more to equal him irrespective of been 2 year younger in football.

Apart from d freekick..I hope u agreed wit my points big head
Doluseun:

Did you know Cr7 freekick stats dwarf messi own.
Messi just started scoring freekicks consistently a couple of season.
Re: Brazil Defeat Messi, Argentina 2-0 To Reach Copa America Final (video) by PopeFlatino(m): 1:12pm On Jul 03, 2019
U claim to be a Barca fan but u can't spell it properly..better go rest
alexvatt:
Calm down, we are not quarreling. Because I'm a Barcelona fan does not mean I should support him wrongly. Yes Messi has done well for Barka, but Ronaldo is still far better than him, simple. Pls don't take it personal.
Re: Brazil Defeat Messi, Argentina 2-0 To Reach Copa America Final (video) by Beverlyjean(f): 1:33pm On Jul 03, 2019
lexy2014:

Point of correction. Portugal didn't score 4 goals in d just concluded nations league. They score 4 in their last two games of d competition, d semis& d final with Ronaldo scoring 3 out of d four. B4 d semis, they had scored goals on their own without Ronaldo who wasn't available or with d team until d semifinal game against Switzerland

So if u say it started since , y did he now win golden boot... U see u Messi fans, posterity will judge... In the end Ronaldo will still be ever better than Messi when they both retire... Fact
Re: Brazil Defeat Messi, Argentina 2-0 To Reach Copa America Final (video) by mechanics(m): 1:55pm On Jul 03, 2019
Sweet win
Re: Brazil Defeat Messi, Argentina 2-0 To Reach Copa America Final (video) by Doluseun(m): 2:41pm On Jul 03, 2019
PopeFlatino:
Idiot Check d Year gap I mentioned,2009 till now...seems ur blind,by d way do u know wat dwarfed means?..it will take Messi just little more to equal him irrespective of been 2 year younger in football.

Apart from d freekick..I hope u agreed wit my points big head
You choose the year gap that suit your mundane analysis oponu
year GAP ko ,year FUBU in
ode!!!

2 Likes

Re: Brazil Defeat Messi, Argentina 2-0 To Reach Copa America Final (video) by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jul 03, 2019
Godsage:

The picture say otherwise sir
Ronaldo is more relevant to portugal than messi is to Argentina

Give ororo Argentina.. Dem go win world cup
Eder's goal is the only reason why injured Ronaldo won the trophy...

1 goal of Eder make all these goals of Ronaldo meaningful!!! Without Eder's goal. He would be trophyless!!!

Since trophy is the most important thing and not how you help them to the final.. .

If helping a team to the finals is a art, then Messi will he a Picasso of it since he did it even in the World cup!!!

Eder and Gotze made significant difference for their team...

Without Gotze goals, Muller and Klose goals count for nothing...

Without Eder's goal, Ronaldo count for nothing especially wgen Injury has ruled him out at the most important stage...

Who did Argentina has, a football reject called Higuain!!!
Re: Brazil Defeat Messi, Argentina 2-0 To Reach Copa America Final (video) by Doluseun(m): 3:13pm On Jul 03, 2019
eni4real:
Eder's goal is the only reason why injured Ronaldo won the trophy...

1 goal of Eder make all these goals of Ronaldo meaningful!!! Without Eder's goal. He would be trophyless!!!

Since trophy is the most important thing and not how you help them to the final.. .

If helping a team to the finals is a art, then Messi will he a Picasso of it since he did it even in the World cup!!!

Eder and Gotze made significant difference for their team...

Without Gotze goals, Muller and Klose goals count for nothing...

Without Eder's goal, Ronaldo count for nothing especially wgen Injury has ruled him out at the most important stage...

Who did Argentina has, a football reject called Higuain!!!
lamentations continue
Re: Brazil Defeat Messi, Argentina 2-0 To Reach Copa America Final (video) by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jul 03, 2019
Doluseun:

lamentations continue
E Don do tongue
Re: Brazil Defeat Messi, Argentina 2-0 To Reach Copa America Final (video) by israelmao(m): 8:23pm On Jul 03, 2019
base9:

Check his country's all time highest goalscorer and retrace your statement
How many trophies to his at the national level?
Re: Brazil Defeat Messi, Argentina 2-0 To Reach Copa America Final (video) by lexy2014: 8:25pm On Jul 03, 2019
Beverlyjean:

So if u say it started since , y did he now win golden boot... U see u Messi fans, posterity will judge... In the end Ronaldo will still be ever better than Messi when they both retire... Fact

There's a sport called football. Its usually played with two teams, 11 A side. FIFA is d world governing body of d sport with 211 members. Under FIFA are continental confederations including CONCACAF, CONMEBOL, OFC, AFC, CAF& UEFA with each of them having national federations as members. From d national federations 2d continental federations, national & club football competitions are organised. Only FIFA doesn't directly organise club football.

U might b asking what do all this mean. How does it concern u? It means that football is much much more bigger than Messi & Ronaldo. How it concerns u is that football is a sport that is happening on a scale beyond ur imagination. I don't c football thru ur myopic lens of Ronaldo vs Messi. I see a much bigger picture & not 2 individuals.

According to Wikipedia:

"The UEFA Nations League is a biennial international football competition contested by the senior men's national teams of the member associations of UEFA, the sport's European governing body."

From d above, take note of d word "competition". Did u c anything like qualifiers there? UEFA has 55 members. That means 55 teams took part in d competition.

Let me give u some stats& facts regarding d competition. 142 matches were played during d competition & those matches produced 343 goals. D highest goal scorer was Alexander Mitrovic of Serbia with 6goals. One player each from Belarus, Scotland, Switzerland & Armenia scored 5 goals. Bernardo Silva of Portugal emerged player of d tournament.

So am wondering what exactly it is that u are trying to argue or prove. I hope this link will b helpful.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Nations_League
Re: Brazil Defeat Messi, Argentina 2-0 To Reach Copa America Final (video) by PopeFlatino(m): 8:26pm On Jul 03, 2019
Blind fool
Doluseun:

You choose the year gap that suit your mundane analysis oponu
year GAP ko ,year FUBU in
ode!!!
Re: Brazil Defeat Messi, Argentina 2-0 To Reach Copa America Final (video) by mechanics(m): 8:32pm On Jul 03, 2019
They should try their luck next time.
Re: Brazil Defeat Messi, Argentina 2-0 To Reach Copa America Final (video) by lazarusokafor90(m): 7:03am On Jul 04, 2019
alexvatt:
l'm not a biased person, moreover I have been a Barcelona fan before Messi joined Barka.
And yet you say that Messi is an overrated player? Perhaps you should look up the meaning of being overrated.
Re: Brazil Defeat Messi, Argentina 2-0 To Reach Copa America Final (video) by ManOfCompetence(m): 9:17am On Jul 16, 2021
Sanchez01:
The WiFi that doesn't connect outside of Camp Nou grin

He should swallow what is left of him and honorably walk away. And as much as Aguero vowed to win the Copa for Messi just so he could be on par with Ronaldo, the team and their Asun failed when it mattered.

He'd be 35 by 2020, the next World Cup. At his prime he could not even rescue Argentina. He just can't when he is using a stick.

All I am after now is Maradona's response in the wake of this Superclasico humiliation grin
How market my guy grin grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Dino Zoff: Why Cristiano Ronaldo Left Juventus For Man Utd / 2023/24 Premier League Opening Day Fixtures / Send-Forth Dinner For The Super Falcons Ahead Of The Women's World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.