Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,557 members, 7,809,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:22 PM

Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud - Business (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud (21280 Views)

Oceanic Bank Now Eco Bank? / Loan: Jimoh Ibrahim Pays N3bn To Oceanic Bank / Assistance Wanted: Swift Code Of Oceanic Bank Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by Sagamite(m): 1:41am On Oct 10, 2010
buzugee:

i have been dreaming, eating and sleeping revolution for a while now. i am ready to take out some fools in that country. they say whomever you kill in this life will become your slave in the afterlife. i am ready to start a harem of slaves. angry

LWKMD grin grin grin grin grin

buzugee:

i think we need a revolution in that country. only problem is that most nigerians are cowards. if someone decides to give me 5 million dollars, i can easily finance a revolution with that. all i need is 1000 able bodied brave men. any sponsors ?

We definitely do.

By now a mob should be pouring down on the court house to ensure this witch does not only get 6 months.

But unfortunately we have a herd of retards that will turn around and say why are they picking on her. Did Tafa not get only 6 months, did Alams not get only 6 months, so why are we starting with her? Is it because she is Urhobo? That Urhobo people are being persecuted.

I hate retards and morons. I hate them with a passion.
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by buzugee(m): 1:57am On Oct 10, 2010
Sagamite:

LWKMD grin grin grin grin grin

We definitely do.

By now a mob should be pouring down on the court house to ensure this witch does not only get 6 months.

But unfortunately we have a herd of retards that will turn around and say why are they picking on her. Did Tafa not get only 6 months, did Alams not get only 6 months, so why are we starting with her? Is it because she is Urhobo? That Urhobo people are being persecuted.

I hate retards and morons. I hate them with a passion.

i am sick and tired of being sick and tired angry seriously though sagamite e be like say we dey waste our time for abroad sha. how much dem go pay us ? at most 50 pounds an hour ? when people for naija dey move billions of dollars grin make we carry potmatoe abeg head naija. we sef deserve some of that national cake. we are nigerians too now grin
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by Nobody: 2:03am On Oct 10, 2010
i believe she stole in Jesus' Name. and she looks the part too- sly
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by buzugee(m): 2:06am On Oct 10, 2010
BoboYekini:

i believe she stole in Jesus' Name. and she looks the part too- sly
grin i will like to shove a broomstick up her greedy azz.
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by Sagamite(m): 2:11am On Oct 10, 2010
buzugee:

i am sick and tired of being sick and tired  angry  seriously though sagamite e be like say we dey waste our time for abroad sha. how much dem go pay us ? at most 50 pounds an hour ? when people for naija dey move billions of dollars  grin make we carry potmatoe abeg head naija. we sef deserve some of that national cake. we are nigerians too now  grin

It seems to be worth it. You can't lose

Go there, take a job in any government department, steal half of the budget as it comes in (Tafa-stylee).

When they on the rare occassion want to investigate you, go to the law courts and get an injunction saying no investigation should take place (Odili-stylee).

If you, on the rare occassion, are unsuccessful, take your 6 months in jail and return 95% of the loot (Alams-stylee).

Then go out and compete for governship under PDP with the 5% loot left (Mohammed Abacha-stylee).

Then clean the state to its bone (Alao Akala-stylee).
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by buzugee(m): 2:15am On Oct 10, 2010
Sagamite:

It seems to be worth it.

Go there, take a job in any government department, steal half of the budget as it comes in (Tafa-stylee).

When they want to investigate you, go to the law courts and get an injunction saying no investigation should take place (Odili-stylee).

If you, on the rare occassion, are unsuccessful, take your 6 months in jail and return 95% of the loot (Alams-stylee).

Then go out and compete for governship under PDP with the 5% loot left (Mohammed Abacha-stylee).

Then clean the state to its bone (Alao Akala-stylee).

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by kulutempa: 2:20am On Oct 10, 2010
Sagamite,  you seem to have a strong sense of justice and fairness and a burning passion for a better Nigeria.   However the problem is that people like you in Nigeria and abroad are reluctant to step up to the plate and be counted.   The few good men we have must be willing to do more than shouting and complaining about the rotten system that prevails in Nigeria.  We have to emulate guys like Fela Kuti, Gani Fawehinmi and Wole Soyinka.  We have to be tireless and courageous in our quest to change our country for the better without waiting for a messiah to do it for us.   If we are not prepared to go into politics to change things from within, we can at least  throw our weight behind someone like Nuhu Ribadu who has put his life at risk in the fight against the cankerworm of corruption in Nigeria, by making donations to his campaign and telling our friends and acquaintances to do the same.    The war can be won, but we have to start acting NOW.  Right now.
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by Sagamite(m): 2:38am On Oct 10, 2010
kulutempa:

Sagamite,  you seem to have a strong sense of justice and fairness and a burning passion for a better Nigeria.   However the problem is that people like you in Nigeria and abroad are reluctant to step up to the plate and be counted.   The few good men we have must be willing to do more than shouting and complaining about the rotten system that prevails in Nigeria.  We have to emulate guys like Fela Kuti, Gani Fawehinmi and Wole Soyinka.  We have to be tireless and courageous in our quest to change our country for the better without waiting for a messiah to do it for us.   If we are not prepared to go into politics to change things from within, we can at least  throw our weight behind someone like Nuhu Ribadu who has put his life at risk in the fight against the cankerworm of corruption in Nigeria, by making donations to his campaign and telling our friends and acquaintances to do the same.    The war can be won, but we have to start acting NOW.  Right now.

To make change in Nigeria you have to either be (1) RICH or (2) in POWER or have been in one.

I am neither of the two. These are the 2 things that can get you to get people to follow you easily otherwise you will be another Fawehinmi and Soyinka that is just the occassional fly that is bugging them.

I cannot control crowds like those that have looted. Can you remember that when Alams dress like a biatch to escape London, it is the same Bayelsans that he looted that were dancing on the streets? Can you remember when Mohammed Abacha was released from jail, Kano people were jubilating since he is "their own".

A lot of Nigerians are corrupt, selfish and wicked (not only the leaders). And majority of those that you want me to get to follow me are retarded due to a failed education system, deep seated ignorance and malnourished brains. I see TONS of them on NL. Critical thinking is ZEEEEEEEEEERO! Any logic I put forth will be beyond their level and their thinking would not be any better than the morons I see on NL that are even the educated ones. Majority of Nigerians are utter, pathetic, worthless, useless, waste of space moooorons. They can only respect money and power.

You need money for Nigerians to follow you blindly. To even listen to what you have to say. If you don't have money, have power, it is easily associated with money.

For now, Ribadu is our best hope. He has wielded power before, so we should back his type. But I think he is making a mistake going for Presidency directly, that is too much a big fish and a long shot in Nigeria where 80% are illiterates and may have never heard of him before. They would only warm to him if he goes there and give money, bag of rice, clothes etc or is from their tribe or their monarch orders them to vote for him. He does not and can not have the funds to compete. He should have started with Governor and build his power.

I have to make money or get power before I can get involved.
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by Sagamite(m): 3:02am On Oct 10, 2010
For your information, my near target is to get into TV and be a political analyst, where I get these kleptocrats into the studio and use my intellect to slash them into shreds.

The ones that runs, I will still slash until the damage is too much and he has to accept the interview invite.

If I was in that position now, I would be whipping up public sentiment by researching and producing cases of ordinary Nigerians sent to long jail terms for stealing thousands and constrasting it with Ibru's sentence.

By producing figures like how her loot compares with Nigeria's budget but yet she will only get 6 months. That would never happen in a sane country.

Getting the Justice perm sec in to explain how come our laws are so lenient to give 6 months for such a crime and giving Igbinedion N3K fine for stealing billions. I would try and belittle his competence and link him to government incompetence to the point they will fire him.

Getting the government spokesman in to explain how they appointed their incompetent Justice Minister and what happened with the agreement with the Abacha's that the Abacha's denied when their son was free. Did we get the money from the agreement.

I can just imagine the day IBB has the guts to come into the studio to come and use my show to campaign. I will slaaaaughter him. Evil genius my arse, more like evil dumbo, I will show him who the real genius is.

That is my more near term goal. To be a torn in their side as a ruthless, sagacious political analyst. I hope to connect to TV executives to have my own weekly show. It would be a dream.
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by buzugee(m): 3:32am On Oct 10, 2010
Sagamite:

For your information, my near target is to get into TV and be a political analyst, where I get these kleptocrats into the studio and use my intellect to slash them into shreds.

The ones that runs, I will still slash until the damage is too much and he has to accept the interview invite.

If I was in that position now, I would be whipping up public sentiment by researching and producing cases of ordinary Nigerians sent to long jail terms for stealing thousands and constrasting it with Ibru's sentence.

By producing figures like how her loot compares with Nigeria's budget but yet she will only get 6 months. That would never happen in a sane country.

Getting the Justice perm sec in to explain how come our laws are so lenient to give 6 months for such a crime and giving Igbinedion N3K fine for stealing billions. I would try and belittle his competence and link him to government incompetence to the point they will fire him.

Getting the government spokesman in to explain how they appointed their incompetent Justice Minister and what happened with the agreement with the Abacha's that the Abacha's denied when their son was free. Did we get the money from the agreement.

I can just imagine the day IBB has the guts to come into the studio to come and use my show to campaign. I will slaaaaughter him.

That is my more near term goal. To be a torn in their side as a ruthless, sagacious political analyst. I hope to connect to TV executives to have my own weekly show. It would be a dream.
you know you do not need a tv show for that. start a blog. popularize it to the point where your blog is the blog to read. i know a nigerian girl who everyone follows her blogs. she has over a million subscribers. what does she talk about ? toyin subair, dele momodu, etc etc.
how much do you need to start a blog ? zero dollars. that will be a huge contribution. whip up sentiments through your blog.
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by KnowAll(m): 4:19am On Oct 10, 2010
Are we seriously saying in a country of 150 million people there can be no geniue billionaire in Nigeria. When we know like an American friend once told me, produce an item in your country for N150. 00, if a quarter of your population buys it u are worth $37.5 million dollars. Are we seriously saying astutue business men & women who grew a bank from noting OR zero to something & Hero cannot have a billion dollar stake in dat investment. We are talking Banking where the only business done is making money.

What this case border's on are banking ethics rather than outright theft, in a country like Nigeria where jealousy is rife, those in power like Sanusi cannot fathom OR comprehend how some Southern Bankers are doing it, growing their Banks exponentially these Gentlemen/ and women if  care was not taken would soon be richer than d country as it were, dat has to be stopped either overtly OR covertly using an  over-bearing atitude unheard off In the history of central banking. In other climes a re-capitalisation exerciser would ensue enabling d bank to recover funds that have been badly invested and mis-managed but in Nigeria  the CBN had to use the proverbial big stick.

Barclays Bank did a right issue to shore up her finanaces having fallen  prey of the sub-prime debacle, today those who invested in dat right offer are 9 X better off. Oceanic & Intercontinental Bank has made money from round-tripping where they buy fx from the CBN only to sell in the Black-Market dat is how those Bank kept afloat and grew between the late eighties and early nineties.

Some would say why did she own up and admit to the charges, well this nightmare started in August 2009, no matter what u are made off u would want some sort of closure and respite otherwise it would take it's toll on u both mentally and physically.

Look at poor me here in London, if I want to go Naija tommorrow,  all I would do is buy my ticket & jump on a plane no wahala. The same cannot be said of Akingbola & Ibru at some point these individuals will want a closure to these horrible nightmare if it means forfiture and admitting spurious allegations.
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by hercules07: 4:56am On Oct 10, 2010
@Knowall,

There is no Nigerian Billionaire that got his money legally, the closest we have is Dangote and he was a recipient of favorable government policies.
The fake corpers in nassarawa got 3 years imprisonment while Cecilia got 6 months in a plush hospital.
We are the architect of our problems, nobody should defend her, we should be happy she is an convict, I give props to Sanusi for being dogged in his pursuit of Criminal Cecilia Ibru. I am saddened when educated people resort to primordial sentiments when analysing issues.
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by bawomolo(m): 5:35am On Oct 10, 2010
most nigerians only scream selective justice when their kinsmen get locked up
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by spearman(m): 6:24am On Oct 10, 2010
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by lordjacky(f): 6:42am On Oct 10, 2010
Need a Website?Need it fast,Professional And most important Cheap?Contact us now On www.simplexlinx.com Or call us on 08034616855.
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by baballe: 8:19am On Oct 10, 2010
Nawawo, so na true what man can do woman can do better. Madam six month is very good for you. I beg you madam I will come to see you to teach me stealing technique so that I can steal in my organization and do six month in prison Hotel.
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by Amalaaba: 8:35am On Oct 10, 2010
Dear Friends,
Please let us look at the judgement again and see how deeply depressing and wicked it is. All the  criminal and Civil charges that would have called her what she is -------A thieve, robber, rogue, have been removed and replaced with only 3 charges of misdemeanor or error of judgement. What that means is that she cannot be accused of stealing even when we know she awarded many contracts to herself and children. She also gave loans in billions to herself and family members.
God must do something drastic to this horrible leaders and their generation unborn!

In future, Cecilia Ibru can contest for political positions and hold senior banking position. What a yeye country? I am in a small country called czeck republic now and like over 10 European countries i have visited everything works.
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by cystein(m): 8:36am On Oct 10, 2010
This is not so much as a matter of corrupt persons. You will realize that governors make thrice this amount in a week through kickbacks on contracts and tenders.
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by dexmond: 8:44am On Oct 10, 2010
TO JUSTICE DAN ABUTU.

You an enemy of the Nigerian masses. How can you deem it fit in good conscience to sentence her to six months term when you and your privileged colleagues will sentence a man that stole foodstuffs in the market because of hunger to three years jail term? Is she not among the people that made the General hospital where I receive medical attention (since I cannot afford the EKO hospital) to lack drugs. You and your colleagues in the various courts except for the Judge that tried Olabode George are a monumental failure. The rich steal from the poor and run to you for protection, and sadly you give all assistance they need to keep their loot. I am disappointed in the Judiciary.
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by aluko360(m): 8:52am On Oct 10, 2010
Poor man wet thief Maggie dem go show him face for crime fighter, African China.

Ordinary six months for all what she stole?
Dear people, don't be surprised to see her in the senate come may 2011.
I think stealing big pays in Naija grin
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by mayrho(m): 9:28am On Oct 10, 2010
HOLY MOSES chai only one person
Just 6months and a paltry sum
am guessing there is alot more she owns inside and outside Naija and I wont be surprised if she re-acquires them
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by Olalimits(m): 10:03am On Oct 10, 2010
150 billion
That's too small & noway near the cash she embesled.
She's supposed to rot in jail as long as she lives & same goes to all other MDs who spolit(almost) economy!!!
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by Sagamite(m): 10:03am On Oct 10, 2010
buzugee:

you know you do not need a tv show for that. start a blog. popularize it to the point where your blog is the blog to read. i know a nigerian girl who everyone follows her blogs. she has over a million subscribers. what does she talk about ? toyin subair, dele momodu, etc etc.
how much do you need to start a blog ? zero dollars. that will be a huge contribution. whip up sentiments through your blog.

Do Nigerians really follow blogs?  undecided I thought that na oyinbo thing?

spearman:

No station in Nigeria will give you that chance unfortunately. They are owned by unproductive state sponsored or state dependent opportunist. Our system is winner take all and so everyone falls in line

I know.

The one brave enough to give me that chance would be frustrated financially by the evil clan of looters. E.g. they will get people like Cecilia Ibru to recall all loans to the broadcaster overnight.

And if that is not effective, as I leave work one night, it will be "prapapapapapapapapapa". [Sub-machine bullets]  grin
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by Remii(m): 10:23am On Oct 10, 2010
buzugee:

The kind of govt in Nigeria would still shutdown the blog like Obj did to did to Sahara Reporters if they dont get derailed like Elendu eventually.
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by favouredjb(f): 10:52am On Oct 10, 2010
@sagamites,we follow blogs o!at least I can speak for myself,lol
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by jmslimx(m): 11:01am On Oct 10, 2010
yahoo yahoo go steal 1k usd dem go put am for 4 years, this one na some months, na wa oooo , i don tire 2 dey argue 9ja matter, na action me one take
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by asha80(m): 11:25am On Oct 10, 2010
favouredjb:

[b]@sagamites,we follow blogs o![/b]at least I can speak for myself,lol

probably 10% of nigeria's population
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by buzugee(m): 3:49pm On Oct 10, 2010
Sagamite:

Do Nigerians really follow blogs?  undecided I thought that na oyinbo thing?

I know.

The one brave enough to give me that chance would be frustrated financially by the evil clan of looters. E.g. they will get people like Cecilia Ibru to recall all loans to the broadcaster overnight.

And if that is not effective, as I leave work one night, it will be "prapapapapapapapapapa". [Sub-machine bullets]  grin
i think more nigerians follow blogs than oyinbos sef.
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by buzugee(m): 3:50pm On Oct 10, 2010
asha 80:

probably 10% of nigeria's population
right right. thats about 15 million people. and if you are very good at what you do ? just like facebook, through word of mouth you can capture an audience of 50 million people nigerians home and abroad. you have to be extremely good though. have lots of pictures to corroborate your accusations. you may have to pay someone to be a photographer. you will be to nigerian politics what perez hilton is to american entertainment blog. can you believe that through writing a blog, this american dude named perez hilton became a household name ? its very do-able. the question is how fiery is your passion ? abi you just dey make mouth grin grin
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by Jideultimate(m): 4:36pm On Oct 10, 2010
the way Nigeria is going all us will become pen robbers very soon, watch out, cos it seems like corruption is now indirectly legalised, since once cut you are to follow the tradition, 6 months, na wa o Nigeriaaaaa oooh shocked shocked shocked shocked embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by deols(f): 5:17pm On Oct 10, 2010
The judiciary prides themselves to be the only incorruptible arm of government but this has proven otherwise!
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by kabarka(m): 5:21pm On Oct 10, 2010
This is amassing wealth to the 10th generation,wonders shall never end.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Total Staff Returns N108k To Customer Who Forgot His Money At Ilorin Station / CBN Dormant Account Policy Triggers Anxiety In Banking Sector / Total Gas Filling Station At Ketu, Lagos Is On Fire (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.