Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,907 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:58 AM

After Undergrad, Masters, What Next To Become A Lecturer? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / After Undergrad, Masters, What Next To Become A Lecturer? (1214 Views)

LAUTECH Trends Again! Sex Tape Of A Lecturer Leaks Online [VIDEO] / University Student Shares Screenshots Of A Lecturer Harassing Her For Sex / Layefa Beauty: I Was Sexually Harassed By A Lecturer, A Reverend (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

After Undergrad, Masters, What Next To Become A Lecturer? by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jul 03, 2019
What's the next step, is phD compulsory.
I'm still in my 2nd year undergraduate and want to plan it all out
Re: After Undergrad, Masters, What Next To Become A Lecturer? by AstroG: 6:40pm On Jul 03, 2019
You still have a Long Way to go. Finish Your Education First cool cool
Re: After Undergrad, Masters, What Next To Become A Lecturer? by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jul 03, 2019
AstroG:
You still have a Long Way to go. Finish Your Education First cool cool
thanks.
Re: After Undergrad, Masters, What Next To Become A Lecturer? by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jul 03, 2019
One step at a time. You can achieve it. After ist degree you'll understand more better
Re: After Undergrad, Masters, What Next To Become A Lecturer? by MrHandsome2013: 6:53pm On Jul 03, 2019
you can still be lecturer with ba or bsc..just have first class
Re: After Undergrad, Masters, What Next To Become A Lecturer? by thesicilian: 7:18pm On Jul 03, 2019
Durentt:
What's the next step, is phD compulsory.
I'm still in my 2nd year undergraduate and want to plan it all out
Since you want to plan it all out, may I ask what next after PhD, becoming a lecturer, getting married and starting a family?
Re: After Undergrad, Masters, What Next To Become A Lecturer? by Sirjaycares(m): 7:20pm On Jul 03, 2019
Nothing
Re: After Undergrad, Masters, What Next To Become A Lecturer? by Jokerman(m): 7:46pm On Jul 03, 2019
After NYSC, your eyes go open
Re: After Undergrad, Masters, What Next To Become A Lecturer? by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jul 03, 2019
Seems ur want to be unfortunate in life ba. So u think them go give u lecturer job without connect. No try get 2.1 make you work. The first class guys in my set were 6. Only one was retained . Today i beta pass am 10 times.
Re: After Undergrad, Masters, What Next To Become A Lecturer? by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jul 03, 2019
thesicilian:

Since you want to plan it all out, may I ask what next after PhD, becoming a lecturer, getting married and starting a family?
I
Re: After Undergrad, Masters, What Next To Become A Lecturer? by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jul 03, 2019
Joromi12:
Seems ur want to be unfortunate in life ba. So u think them go give u lecturer job without connect. No try get 2.1 make you work. The first class guys in my set were 6. Only one was retained . Today i beta pass am 10 times.
it's not
Re: After Undergrad, Masters, What Next To Become A Lecturer? by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jul 03, 2019
Durentt:
it's not about the money or pecuniary advantages. You won't understand the vicarious thrill I will get writing, publishing, submitting research papers in both english and french (given I've achieved level C fluency in french and would only get better).
so on average there are over 100 first class and 2.1 from a set each year. Why should they now give u the job. Giving that lecturers don't retire or move easily. Ogbeni get your 2.1 find your way to canada with that French

1 Like 1 Share

Re: After Undergrad, Masters, What Next To Become A Lecturer? by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jul 03, 2019
Durentt:
I don't want to get married or have children. I just want to pour all energy into my academic career, I love reading and staying with books.

But then again, I'll have great sex life.
na small boy they worry this one
Re: After Undergrad, Masters, What Next To Become A Lecturer? by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jul 03, 2019
banjo022:
na small boy they worry this one
yes sir.
Re: After Undergrad, Masters, What Next To Become A Lecturer? by IAMBlesssed(f): 10:48pm On Jul 03, 2019
Joromi12:
so on average there are over 100 first class and 2.1 from a set each year. Why should they now give u the job. Giving that lecturers don't retire or move easily. Ogbeni get your 2.1 find your way to canada with that French

OP follow this advice if you don't want to end up in regrets. Nigeria doesn't have enabling ground for your passion..There re so many politics involved in getting lecturing job no matter how brilliant you re.Again, the salary is very poor..
Re: After Undergrad, Masters, What Next To Become A Lecturer? by Nobody: 9:18am On Jul 04, 2019
Joromi12:
and where was it stated my final GPa would be a second class upper and not a first class.
Re: After Undergrad, Masters, What Next To Become A Lecturer? by Nobody: 9:23am On Jul 04, 2019
Durentt:
and where was it stated my final GPa would be a second class upper and not a first class.
even that guarantees nothing . Dont be unfortunate in life bro . A first class in a related unit in my school then i ran into him and i felt sorry for him. He was the only first class. Amd was not retained. A private school took him but was sacked due to his constant absence to attend his msc in his former school. He is in a private poly now. Without connection nothing for u.
Re: After Undergrad, Masters, What Next To Become A Lecturer? by Mcslize: 10:50am On Jul 04, 2019
Durentt:

Follow your passion but if you really want to excel, you need to follow Joromi12 advice. Find your way to Canada. You said you are fluent in French. Why planning becoming a lecturer in this country? Na suffer head be that.

If you really want to excel , you need to look beyond your passion as swell. Passions are good but they won't put food on your table.

Channel that effort to migrate to French speaking Canada city like Quebec or Saskatchewan. With your French, you will never regret it as you are already grounded in French.

The enabling environment in Nigeria is too poor. They pay peanut to lecturers. Only the profs that receive maybe 400k to 500k. And that's still peanut to me. Before you will become prof, some of your course mate who even graduated with 2.1 and 2.2 must have be doing pretty way fine earning millions not from salary but business and the rest.

See beyond lecturing job if you are studying a stem course or professional course. But you won't have issue if you think beyond your passion.

(1) (Reply)

Guys: This Might Change Your Views About Marriage / The Beautiful Woman Is A Woman With No Virtue / Black People Aren't Dumb! Check Out What They Are [PHOTOS]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.