Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,286 members, 7,780,648 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:39 PM

National Livestock Transformation Plan (NLTP) = RUGA 2.0. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / National Livestock Transformation Plan (NLTP) = RUGA 2.0. (2933 Views)

Ekiti, Ondo, Ebonyi, 17 Northern States Sign Up For NLTP / Osinbajo To Inaugurate National Livestock Plan In Adamawa / FG Hasn’t Suspended Livestock Transformation Plan —presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

National Livestock Transformation Plan (NLTP) = RUGA 2.0. by deomelo: 11:43pm On Jul 03, 2019
https://foodprocessorsng.org/national-livestock-transformation-plan-nltp-2019-2028/

The new and favored plan by the states is the National Livestock Transformation Plan (NLTP)

Unfortunately for the negative elements shouting all over the internet, it's practically RUGA 2.0, same thing, different packaging.

All the noise and bruhaha for nothing.

I think the FG used bait and switch or reverse psychology..

grin grin
Re: National Livestock Transformation Plan (NLTP) = RUGA 2.0. by Blue3k(m): 11:56pm On Jul 03, 2019
Let me get this straight they're trying to trick populace with more rebranding. I doubt really doubt the reaction will be different. The states that want will say yes and states that dont wont.

Cattle colonies they said no.
Ruga they said no.
NLTP aka Ruga 2.0 will be yes?

5 Likes

Re: National Livestock Transformation Plan (NLTP) = RUGA 2.0. by 9jabull: 11:57pm On Jul 03, 2019
deomelo:

The new and favored plan by the states is the National Livestock Transformation Plan (NLTP)

Unfortunately for the negative elements shouting all over the internet, it's practically RUGA 2.0, same thing, different packaging.

grin grin

I personally know that RUGA never go that part 2 is come & people should be ready to reject it completely especially in the south.
We must resist second colonization of indigenous people by foreigners from Mali, Senegal, chad, Niger & C.A.R.

Shine your eyes.

8 Likes

Re: National Livestock Transformation Plan (NLTP) = RUGA 2.0. by deomelo: 12:05am On Jul 04, 2019
9jabull:

I personally know that RUGA never go that part 2 is come & people should be ready to reject it completely especially in the south.
We must resist second colonization of indigenous people by foreigners from Mali, Senegal, chad, Niger & C.A.R.

Shine your eyes.

Before rejecting anything, read and understand everything about what you are rejecting because the uninformed citizen is an ignorant citizen.

Internet, tribal and bigoted follow follow don consume you from top to bottom.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Livestock Transformation Plan (NLTP) = RUGA 2.0. by meccuno: 12:26am On Jul 04, 2019
deomelo:

Before rejecting anything, read and understand everything about what you are rejecting because the uninformed citizen is an ignorant citizen.

if it's sensitive positions allocated to the north,there would be no reading . But if it's something as useless as this,we would be asked to read . Division is the best . So that the SW and the North can read together. It's like you people are best suited for each other . You even look alike

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: National Livestock Transformation Plan (NLTP) = RUGA 2.0. by deomelo: 12:31am On Jul 04, 2019
meccuno:
if it's sensitive positions allocated to the north,there would be no reading . But if it's something as useless as this,we would be asked to read . Division is the best . So that the SW and the North can read together. It's like you people are best suited for each other . You even look alike

I was actually expecting a reply without the usual tribalism, bigotry, and rubbish.

I guess that was expecting too much from tribally stewed people.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: National Livestock Transformation Plan (NLTP) = RUGA 2.0. by Born2Breed(f): 12:46am On Jul 04, 2019
meccuno:

grin

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Livestock Transformation Plan (NLTP) = RUGA 2.0. by SarkinYarki: 12:56am On Jul 04, 2019
We reject any plot to plant Fulani terrorists on our lands by Buhari

3 Likes

Re: National Livestock Transformation Plan (NLTP) = RUGA 2.0. by deomelo: 1:02am On Jul 04, 2019
Blue3k:
Let me get this straight they're trying to trick populace with more rebranding. I doubt really doubt the reaction will be different. The states that want will say yes and states that dont wont.

Cattle colonies they said no.
Ruga they said no.
NLTP aka Ruga 2.0 will be yes?

The National Livestock Transformation Plan, under which the Ruga programme is allegedly subsumed, was approved by the National Economic Council (NEC), which state governors as its members and chaired by Vice President Osinbajo. NEC had on January 17, approved the plan, predicating its decision on the recommendations of a technical committee of the Council chaired by state.

https://www.legit.ng/1246749-osinbajo-meet-governors-ruga-settlement-controversies.html

Well, the NEC approved NLTP back in January with the support of state governors including Governor Dave Umahi of Ebonyi, the chairman of the technical committee.

NLTP is a comprehensive livestock plan and I hope and pray it's implemented because it addressed every aspect of livestock investment and production, livestock industrialization, value chain and jobs, livestock trade, distribution, export and so on and at the same time end herdsmen issue, rustling and banditry at the same time.
Re: National Livestock Transformation Plan (NLTP) = RUGA 2.0. by Blue3k(m): 1:20am On Jul 04, 2019
deomelo:

Well, the NEC approved NLTP back in January with the support of state governors including Governor Dave Umahi of Ebonyi, the chairman of the technical committee.

NLTP is a comprehensive livestock plan and I hope and pray it's implemented because it addressed every aspect of livestock investment and production, livestock industrialization, value chain and jobs, livestock trade, distribution, export and so on and at the same time end herdsmen issue, rustling and banditry at the same time.

Ok we'll see if the bait and switch works. It's easy to talk at board meeting now lets see if dave is ready to donate land tothe cause. If he's not it will stay a mainly northern project. I dont think he will since he rejected ruga as you already know.

Nothing changes for any state that doesnt want it. States should be happy theirs less competition for the herdsmen. They can have tax money and employment to themselves. People should stop trying to convice other to take these herdsmen if they're such a steal.

The United states does something similar with Bureau of Land Management. The charge grazers lease and fees for services. Im only interested in that fiscal aspect since I dont care for cronyism. The other option nobody accept a few people like myself is allowing beef imports now or after program starts.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: National Livestock Transformation Plan (NLTP) = RUGA 2.0. by wowcatty: 1:27am On Jul 04, 2019
What is the NLTP all about and why is the fg involved? Why can't they keep the whole thing in the north where they have abundant land? People need to reject this one too. Fulani have no other people's interest at heart and can't be trusted to do right by other ethnic groups, so anything livestock should remain in the north, after all it's a private business.

All the killings have been part of the plan all along to prepare ground to seize other people's native land for immigrant Fulani. I say RESIST! RESIST! RESIST!
deomelo:

5 Likes

Re: National Livestock Transformation Plan (NLTP) = RUGA 2.0. by leofab(f): 1:43am On Jul 04, 2019
Lol
Re: National Livestock Transformation Plan (NLTP) = RUGA 2.0. by deomelo: 1:44am On Jul 04, 2019
Blue3k:

Ok we'll see if the bait and switch works. It's easy to talk at board meeting now lets see if dave is ready to donate land tothe cause. If he's not it will stay a mainly northern project. I dont think he will since he rejected ruga as you already know.

Nothing changes for any state that doesnt want it. States should be happy theirs less competition for the herdsmen. They can have tax money and employment to themselves. People should stop trying to convice other to take these herdsmen if they're such a steal.

The United states does something similar with Bureau of Land Management. The charge grazers lease and fees for services. Im only interested in that fiscal aspect since I dont care for cronyism. The other option nobody accept a few people like myself is allowing beef imports now or after program starts.

We are too needlessly divided to do anything collectively in Nigeria for obvious tribal, religious and other reasons, we even deny ourselves progress and development just to prove our tribal and regional points.

RUGA/NLTP is a wonderful and way forward solution that addressed so many beneficial issues, but the FG even though did a terrible job selling the plan to Nigerians, but it really doesn't matter because regardless, sections of the country still won't get on board, they will deny themselves the benefits involved.

It is OK to be against FG programs and policies based on sound and logical reasons, but in Nigeria, nothing is based on sane logic, it's always about tribe and tribalism.

The plan plainly asserted that it's optional so instead of railing against the plan in it's entirety, why not just lobby your state governors to either accept or don't accept the plan, it's very simple.

Some states are already implementing the plan as we speak and others are in the process of implementation.

The plan is already off the ground in some states and states like Adamawa, Benue, Kaduna, Plateau, Nasarawa, Taraba, Zamfara, Katsina, Kano, Kogi, Kwara, Ondo, and Edo are already onboard.

The internet noisemaker doesn't know what they stand to lose, but at the end of the day, their states will fall in line once the noise dies down.
Re: National Livestock Transformation Plan (NLTP) = RUGA 2.0. by deomelo: 1:49am On Jul 04, 2019
wowcatty:
What is the NLTP all about and why is the fg involved? Why can't they keep the whole thing in the north where they have abundant land? People need to reject this one too. Fulani have no other people's interest at heart and can't be trusted to do right by other ethnic groups, so anything livestock should remain in the north, after all it's a private business.

All the killings have been part of the plan all along to prepare ground to seize other people's native land for immigrant Fulani. I say RESIST! RESIST! RESIST!

It's very tiring going back and forth with paranoid, tribal and bigoted sentiments.

I have zero time for such sentiments.
Re: National Livestock Transformation Plan (NLTP) = RUGA 2.0. by Blue3k(m): 2:06am On Jul 04, 2019
deomelo:

It is OK to be against FG programs and policies based on sound and logical reasons, but in Nigeria, nothing is based on sane logic, it's always about tribe and tribalism.

The plan plainly asserted that it's optional so instead of railing against the plan in it's entirety, why not just lobby your state governors to either accept or don't accept the plan, it's very simple.

Some states are already implementing the plan as we speak and others are in the process of implementation.

The plan is already off the ground in some states and states like Adamawa, Benue, Kaduna, Plateau, Nasarawa, Taraba, Zamfara, Katsina, Kano, Kogi, Kwara, Ondo, and Edo. These states are at different stages in the process, but have indicated readiness to implement the plan are already in the process of implementation.

The internet noisemaker doesn't know what they stand to lose, but at the end of the day, their states will fall in line once the noise dies down.

Nice Kumbaya speech but I have my doubts any of that matters. State governors wont change their hardline stance unless their constituents loosen up. State governors know what time it is without more lobbying the social media storm says it all. I disagree they'll suddenly fall in line it doesn't matter. It's like saying telling conservitive state you're missing out on jobs and taxes created legal marijuana.

Social media tends to lends itself to extremes. Talks about fiscal spending and economics are boring. We all know land use makes it impossible for FG to force program. Lol posted a story about Nigers program months ago nobody cared. Now its trending topic day after day.

Anyway I'll keep my eye out for those states. Other than I want see if NASS pass some legislation on issue. If its better version of BLM that could be good for those that want it.

Ps: Edo Ondo and Benue all denied wanting parts of ruga. Ortom celebrated suspension as victory. Im not sure about rest.

3 Likes

Re: National Livestock Transformation Plan (NLTP) = RUGA 2.0. by wowcatty: 2:07am On Jul 04, 2019
What's the point of creating a topic on it if you can't explain what it really is? Are you suggesting that Nigerians should buy into what they don't know or understand?
deomelo:

It's very tiring going back and forth with paranoid, tribal and bigoted sentiments.

I have zero time for such sentiments.

4 Likes

Re: National Livestock Transformation Plan (NLTP) = RUGA 2.0. by wowcatty: 2:10am On Jul 04, 2019
Federal govt should just get out of private business.

2 Likes

Re: National Livestock Transformation Plan (NLTP) = RUGA 2.0. by royalamour(m): 2:39am On Jul 04, 2019
Stop misleading people. I have gone through the website and it's totally different from RUGA.

Re: National Livestock Transformation Plan (NLTP) = RUGA 2.0. by deomelo: 2:51am On Jul 04, 2019
wowcatty:
What's the point of creating a topic on it if you can't explain what it really is? Are you suggesting that Nigerians should buy into what they don't know or understand?

The link is there for you to click and read.

Nothing better than you reading and comprehending on your own instead of me selling you my point of view and my take on what I read.

I know the lazy Nigerian youth is not used to reading, but they love to comment, rant and condemn what they know nothing about.

Reading is part of learning and understanding, click and read.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: National Livestock Transformation Plan (NLTP) = RUGA 2.0. by deomelo: 3:11am On Jul 04, 2019
Blue3k:

Nice Kumbaya speech but I have my doubts any of that matters. State governors wont change their hardline stance unless their constituents loosen up. State governors know what time it is without more lobbying the social media storm says it all. I disagree they'll suddenly fall in line it doesn't matter. It's like saying telling conservitive state you're missing out on jobs and taxes created legal marijuana.

Social media tends to lends itself to extremes. Talks about fiscal spending and economics are boring. We all know land use makes it impossible for FG to force program. Lol posted a story about Nigers program months ago nobody cared. Now its trending topic day after day.

Anyway I'll keep my eye out for those states. Other than I want see if NASS pass some legislation on issue. If its better version of BLM that could be good for those that want it.

Ps: Edo Ondo and Benue all denied wanting parts of ruga. Ortom celebrated suspension as victory. Im not sure about rest.

For the states with the noisemakers and internet mob, the plan is all about voluntary participation so it's perfectly ok if some state governors govern based on the level of noise they measured on social media platforms, but I'm 100% sure many sensible, rational and forward-looking governors will tap into the plan and make it beneficial for their people.

If you seek an end to herdsmen and violent clashes within your borders and generate investments, growth, and IGR at the same time, this is a great plan for them to tap into.

It's pretty much redundant to expect some folks in Nigeria to reason beyond their predisposed tribal and regional sentiments or even reason with the FG in any way. If PMB turned the whole of their region into Dubai and put 1 billion dollars in their pockets, he's still going to be the devil and the hate won't go away.

The FG and or the general society cannot change them or alter their predisposed self-loathing and hating ways, but the rest of us must move on to better things.
Re: National Livestock Transformation Plan (NLTP) = RUGA 2.0. by wowcatty: 3:45am On Jul 04, 2019
I saw the link, clicked but left before I could see the actual story when I realized it wasn't going to be a straight to the point article but something to confuse people with.

But back to you

You said it's the same as Ruga yet you want people to waste their time reading before rejecting it, this is not a case of people not wanting to read but a case of you confusing yourself.

Anyway, no cattle colony in any form, the rest of the world is building tech hubs while some God-forsaken people are dragging Yoruba back to the stone age. Let the cows stay in COWLAND, the carnivores will go to them.
deomelo:

The link is there for you to click and read.

Nothing better than you reading and comprehending on your own instead of me selling you my point of view and my take on what I read.

I know the lazy Nigerian youth is not used to reading, but they love to comment, rant and condemn what they know nothing about.

Reading is part of learning and understanding, click and read.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Livestock Transformation Plan (NLTP) = RUGA 2.0. by deomelo: 4:06am On Jul 04, 2019
wowcatty:
I saw the link, clicked but left before I could see the actual story when I realized it wasn't going to be a straight to the point article but something to confuse people with.

But back to you

You said it's the same as Ruga yet you want people to waste their time reading before rejecting it, this is not a case of people not wanting to read but a case of you confusing yourself.

Anyway, no cattle colony in any form, the rest of the world is building tech hubs while some God-forsaken people are dragging Yoruba back to the stone age. Let the cows stay in COWLAND, the carnivores will go to them.

NLTP Strategic Approach

Strategic interventions are aimed at modernizing livestock production through the establishment of ranches, mitigating the escalating crisis between pastoralists and farmers, and improving the broader supporting architecture around these issues.

https://foodprocessorsng.org/national-livestock-transformation-plan-nltp-2019-2028/

So, what's not so straight forward about the link and content.?

Or you just conveniently missed the part about the establishment of ranches to mitigate escalating crisis between pastoralists and farmers.

Now, do you mind explaining to us how this approach is different from RUGA?

Reading and comprehension is very essential.

Btw, there's a difference between tech hubs and Livestock and last time I checked, we have vibrant tech hubs in Nigeria and our tech innovators and entrepreneurs are the best in Africa.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: National Livestock Transformation Plan (NLTP) = RUGA 2.0. by wowcatty: 4:36am On Jul 04, 2019
I just told you the feeling I had about the site, that I didn't read anything from there.

But we already know that's a lie, it won't mitigate anything, it's a ploy to make it easy to kill their host communities, or can you explain why I'm wrong?

Why should I explain to you, when I just told you it's a waste of time reading it if it's the same as Ruga.

Reading and comprehension cannot take the place of commonsense!

How many govts in Africa have livestock at the center of national talk? Why is Buhari not talking about 5g but Ruga? Btw, Nigeria is still behind Capetown SA.
deomelo:

Or you just conveniently missed the part about the establishment of ranches to mitigate escalating crisis between pastoralists and farmers.

Btw, there's a difference between tech hubs and Livestock and last time I checked, we have vibrant tech hubs in Nigeria and our tech innovators and entrepreneurs are the best in Africa.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Livestock Transformation Plan (NLTP) = RUGA 2.0. by deomelo: 4:52am On Jul 04, 2019
wowcatty:
I just told you the feeling I had about the site, that I didn't read anything from there.

But we already know that's a lie, it won't mitigate anything, it's a ploy to make it easy to kill their host communities, or can you explain why I'm wrong?

Why should I explain to you, when I just told you it's a waste of time reading it if it's the same as Ruga.

Reading and comprehension cannot take the place of commonsense!

How many govts in Africa have livestock at the center of national talk? Why is Buhari not talking about 5g but Ruga? Btw, Nigeria is still behind Capetown SA.

There's no point going back and forth with people with zero capacity to read, comprehend and logically follow simple internet discussion and stay on topic.

Btw, the topic is about ranching and herdsmen, not 5g. I know your type, you are self-hating and loathing, you don't see any good in you and your country, you think you are a piece of shit and all the countries in Africa and the surface of the earth are better than you. It's called low self-esteem and a shallow state of mind.
Re: National Livestock Transformation Plan (NLTP) = RUGA 2.0. by wowcatty: 5:19am On Jul 04, 2019
You just have to wiggle your way out of your own cage, right? typical!

Hey before you lose your head, where exactly do you stand in all of this, cos I see you all over the place with no position. You can't have it both ways.

It's no secret that Nigeria is a shithell with you iddiots cheering it over the cliff and then turn around to blame others for your problem. Should we blame Ghana for your problem or whose fault is it that you can't pull your weight as a country? I've never dissed Nigeria before but you omo ale have a way of getting an earful. I'm not one of you dishonest mental slaves who for whatever reason will keep calling dog a monkey till cows come home. Calling a spade a spade is honesty, learn it and your life will be better for it, also it will help you get in touch with your real self.

And lastly, I've a bigger brass pairs and more alpha than you a beta male, think about that.

My bottle of wine is almost halfway, it's gonna be a long night till I fall asleep. Hubby is in Washington live, it's all about July 4 holiday, happy independence day!

deomelo:

There's no point going back and forth with people with zero capacity to read, comprehend and logically follow simple internet discussion and stay on topic.

Btw, the topic is about ranching and herdsmen, not 5g. I know your type, you are self-hating and loathing, you don't see any good in you and your country, you think you are a piece of shit and all the countries in Africa and the surface of the earth are better than you. It's called low self-esteem and a shallow state of mind.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Livestock Transformation Plan (NLTP) = RUGA 2.0. by astrodome: 5:20am On Jul 04, 2019
deomelo:

grin grin

Same thing different packaging = same but stronger response from the southern states citizens. You are a complete olodo

2 Likes

Re: National Livestock Transformation Plan (NLTP) = RUGA 2.0. by deomelo: 5:42am On Jul 04, 2019
[s]
wowcatty:
You just have to wiggle your way out of your own cage, right? typical!

Hey before you lose your head, where exactly do you stand in all of this, cos I see you all over the place with no position. You can't have it both ways.

It's no secret that Nigeria is a shithell with you iddiots cheering it over the cliff and then turn around to blame others for your problem. Should we blame Ghana for your problem or whose fault is it that you can't pull your weight as a country? I've never dissed Nigeria before but you omo ale have a way of getting an earful. I'm not one of you dishonest mental slaves who for whatever reason will keep calling dog a monkey till cows come home. Calling a spade a spade is honesty, learn it an your life will be better for it, also it will help you get in touch with your real self.

And lastly, I've a bigger brass pairs and more alpha than you a beta male, think about that.

My bottle of wine is almost halfway it's gonna be a long night till I fall asleep, it's all about July 4 holiday, happy independence day!

[/s]

After reading my posts in this thread, you still find it difficult to know where I stand?

Reading and comprehension is really not your forte.

I'm all for RUGA, NLTP or any other abbreviation and packaging.
Re: National Livestock Transformation Plan (NLTP) = RUGA 2.0. by deomelo: 5:56am On Jul 04, 2019
astrodome:

Same thing different packaging = same but stronger response from the southern states citizens. You are a complete olodo

The program is all about voluntary participation, it's not by force and your state governments are not obligated to join so stop wasting your worthless energy ranting all over the place like mad BINGO.

Jokers and trolls acting as if they are doing something special.
Re: National Livestock Transformation Plan (NLTP) = RUGA 2.0. by Nobody: 5:56am On Jul 04, 2019
deomelo:

Or you just conveniently missed the part about the [b]establishment of ranches to mitigate escalating crisis between pastoralists and farmers.

Can you spot the difference btw these statements:
a. establishment of ranches, mitigating the escalating crisis between pastoralists and farmers
b. establishment of ranches to mitigate escalating crisis between pastoralists and farmers.

Cause it seems you have reading and comprehension issues actually.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: National Livestock Transformation Plan (NLTP) = RUGA 2.0. by deomelo: 5:58am On Jul 04, 2019
Buckubuck:

Can you spot the difference btw these statements:
a. establishment of ranches, mitigating the escalating crisis between pastoralists and farmers
b. establishment of ranches to mitigate escalating crisis between pastoralists and farmers.

Cause it seems you have reading and comprehension issues actually.

No, I can not, please show me the difference.
Re: National Livestock Transformation Plan (NLTP) = RUGA 2.0. by Nobody: 6:01am On Jul 04, 2019
deomelo:

No, I can not, please show me the difference.
You don't know the difference between a comma and a conjunction and you've been jumping up and down accusing people of inability to read and comprehend.
At the end of the day, the shame is on you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Livestock Transformation Plan (NLTP) = RUGA 2.0. by Abeymills(m): 6:07am On Jul 04, 2019
Back to sender

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Who Made Jubril Is Making Osinbanjo IPOB Raises Alarm Call USA / Oodua Republic: Oct 1st Rally Will Hold In 6 Continents — Yoruba Diaspora Group / #EndSARS: Falz Rejects Virtual Meeting With IGP, Mohammed Adamu, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.