Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,831 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:41 PM

Falana Reacts To Suspension Of Ruga Settlements, Tells Buhari What To Do - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Falana Reacts To Suspension Of Ruga Settlements, Tells Buhari What To Do (31776 Views)

Falana Reacts As DSS Rearrests Omoyele Sowore / Apostle Suleman Reacts To Suspension Of Ruga Settlements For Herdsmen / FG To Begin Ruga Settlements In 11 States Where The Governors Have Consented (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Falana Reacts To Suspension Of Ruga Settlements, Tells Buhari What To Do by JimohMomoh: 7:45am On Jul 04, 2019
israelmao:
Well spoken,Buhari has been warned even by wife about the fifth columnists in his camp but he never bat an eyelid to hire them.

They wanted to rope Osinbanjo into the scheme but he quickly cleared himself.

Ranching will no longer work again because the suspicion is there already and most importantly the Fulanis are not used to paying tax.

2 Likes

Re: Falana Reacts To Suspension Of Ruga Settlements, Tells Buhari What To Do by Born2Breed(f): 7:46am On Jul 04, 2019
1x2x3:
Truth is most of the herders and fulanis don't pay taxes neither do they want to be controlled or follow the laws laid down by their hosts. Rearing animals is a personal business but here we are watching the FG wanting to fund it. The state govt should take over so as to tax these businesses and raise fund for accommodating States.

1 Like

Re: Falana Reacts To Suspension Of Ruga Settlements, Tells Buhari What To Do by amaridigital(m): 7:49am On Jul 04, 2019
backnbeta:
Ranching is better and should be seen as private investment not one funded from the national purse! Besides, let Fulani herders have their ranches up North, if we need their beef we'll buy from them! We are better off as distant friends. I hope those of us down South can tap into the ranching thing and stop depending on their cows for meat, I don't think rearing cows and selling them as meat should be solely a Fulani thing undecided

I totally agree with you. Let the state Governments establish Ranches and encourage their indigene to invest. Why only Fulani?
Re: Falana Reacts To Suspension Of Ruga Settlements, Tells Buhari What To Do by Nobody: 7:50am On Jul 04, 2019
AnanseK:
Livestock industry development will no doubt be of great economic value to any country. In Nigeria this move would be a revival and major improvement of a colonial heritage, and it is about time.

Those working against ranching or Ruga ( call it whatever name) are only directing their hostility against Buhari and they will oppose whatever development he introduces. It is a manifestation blind ethnic hatred and they can not overcome their anger over the Buhari’s second term election victory. ( in their wildest miscalculation they believed that Atiku could become the President and Peter Obi the Vice President Of this country).

Postage stamps from the colonial Nigeria traditionally depicts potential wealth and areas of development or ongoing projects. Thank God our attention is returning to livestock and dairy development as well.
It's a private business, ranching set up as private businesses across states, will help in revitalising the sector, cow rearing worldwide is done in ranches, employment are created, and revenue generated for the state GDP, via taxes. It should be a thing handled by states and the financial institutions, it's not the business of the executive. Anyone can own these ranches, and anyone can be employed in these ranches, it's not an exclusivity of the fulanis, the group that is shouting is trying to maintain their monopoly on cow meat, which does not make sense. We operate a capitalist system, all these sentiments will not grow our economy and people.
Re: Falana Reacts To Suspension Of Ruga Settlements, Tells Buhari What To Do by holuphisayor(m): 7:51am On Jul 04, 2019
Why should government even sponsor this. Blockheads
We have farmers without access to loans or farm implements here in southwest.

1 Like

Re: Falana Reacts To Suspension Of Ruga Settlements, Tells Buhari What To Do by SEGLIZ: 7:56am On Jul 04, 2019
to be a leader is not an easy task, particularly when you have insincere advisers and subordinate filled with greed.
but still as a leader you've got the ability to put your one and one together to come up with the right frame work.
when there is a blueprint on policy make would from the blues come up with new one to serve as a conduit to embezzle the state resources.
Re: Falana Reacts To Suspension Of Ruga Settlements, Tells Buhari What To Do by Nobody: 8:00am On Jul 04, 2019
amaridigital:

I totally agree with you. Let the state Governments establish Ranches and encourage their indigene to invest. Why only Fulani?
I also agree with Falana, our traditional society was plagued with misplaced priorities and total lack of focus.
Ibos in the sixties rear and domestic Bulls called Efi Igbo, and Cows are called Efi Hausa rarely eaten.
Where are today Nill
Re: Falana Reacts To Suspension Of Ruga Settlements, Tells Buhari What To Do by lomprico(m): 8:01am On Jul 04, 2019
AnanseK:
Livestock industry development will no doubt be of great economic value to any country. In Nigeria this move would be a revival and major improvement of a colonial heritage, and it is about time.

Those working against ranching or Ruga ( call it whatever name) are only directing their hostility against Buhari and they will oppose whatever development he introduces. It is a manifestation blind ethnic hatred and they can not overcome their anger over the Buhari’s second term election victory. ( in their wildest miscalculation they believed that Atiku could become the President and Peter Obi the Vice President Of this country).

Postage stamps from the colonial Nigeria traditionally depicts potential wealth and areas of development or ongoing projects. Thank God our attention is returning to livestock and dairy development as well.

Donate your village for it and stop whining!
Re: Falana Reacts To Suspension Of Ruga Settlements, Tells Buhari What To Do by Rolings: 8:23am On Jul 04, 2019
bendike:

yes. Let the Fulani buy land just as any other person has the right to. Then he should keep his cows within the land he bought. Ie ranching.

So if 10 fulanis bought 100 acres each , the size of that will form a ward and with their population elect one of their own....and with time appoint an emir after all they collectively own 1000 acres and can do what they like on the land...... This same fear that made you go against Ruga....what will you do when Things turn out like this
Re: Falana Reacts To Suspension Of Ruga Settlements, Tells Buhari What To Do by itsjeezy: 8:32am On Jul 04, 2019
one of the afonja and beneficiary of the APC system is talking
Re: Falana Reacts To Suspension Of Ruga Settlements, Tells Buhari What To Do by chrismex(m): 8:40am On Jul 04, 2019
kanubiafra:
ruga was only cancelled the moment they saw that anambra cow waiting to be the first rush into it and occupy all the land along with other igbo made cows before those sick fulani cows trek down here and take thier space

Lol you are been sarcastic
Re: Falana Reacts To Suspension Of Ruga Settlements, Tells Buhari What To Do by KiggerLomo(m): 8:51am On Jul 04, 2019
More blessings boss
Re: Falana Reacts To Suspension Of Ruga Settlements, Tells Buhari What To Do by AnanseK(m): 8:54am On Jul 04, 2019
Moneywirer:
Sir, the problem isn't that people are bitter towards Buhari. The truth is people are more concerned about the safety of their lives and properties. I have seen first hand what these herdsmen can do to a community. So if people are against anything that would give herdsmen a legitimate place in their communities, then there's absolutely nothing wrong in it.....Cheers.

You are still in error or deliberately sticking to the notion that only Fulani herdsmen can form , own or operate the ranches or Ruga and all other Nigerians are excluded. This is not true. Honestly speaking I was expecting the Fulani herdsmen to reject the idea of ranches and Ruga projects which opens up major competition for them.
In my view the policy means that you and me can decide to go into the ranching business and can secure and operate one or two ranches in some states. What stops the fast food restaurants in Nigeria ( chicken republic, Mama cass, tantalizer and so on ) from owning and running such ranches? What stops big business men or your Electricity distribution company (disco) or your HMO or even banks from directing their profits into the livestock and dairy businesses through ranching ?
Of course the government has to produce the blue print and the legal requirements and processes before people are invited to apply and this, I believe, is what the government was doing .

With regard to the violence ascribed to herdsmen, I think this is the way to end it. It is true that lots of the current herdsmen may find some employment in the ranches but in the long run Fulani will be diluted in the business and anybody could learn to manage cows with expertise and schools and technical colleges may start offering certified courses in ranch management.

Personally I’m looking forward to managing my own Ruga as a business.

1 Like

Re: Falana Reacts To Suspension Of Ruga Settlements, Tells Buhari What To Do by Tifesingz: 9:04am On Jul 04, 2019
Are you done ranting? WE DON KNOW UNA INTENTIONS, WE NO DO... GOAN KILL YOURSELF
Rolings:

As you know buhari intention will it make people stop eating beef or will it make Fulani people residing and doing business in all over the country leave? ........when you guys insist on ranching if a Fulani man buys land for his ranch in Enugu or bayelsa, will he not be the owner of the land? Doesn't that then mean a Fulani man now owns land in Bayelsa and can do anything he like on the land...... What then is the noise about Ruga which doesn't make them the owner of the land and can even be driven out anytime..... But as a ranch owner do you think you can just wake up one day and drive them away without causing problems? Most of the problems in plateau benue taraba and zamfara is cause by indigenous land owners having sold land to Fulani turn around to sell same land for their kinsmen thinking Fulani are fools, some of these people's forefathers sold the lands and their grand children are now claiming the land to be theirs and forcefully seizing the lands from them ......we are in the time of bitter politics but one day when Buhari is out of the picture and you won't have a Fulani president to blackmail then your eyes will open for now continue in your blind ignorance
Re: Falana Reacts To Suspension Of Ruga Settlements, Tells Buhari What To Do by Nobody: 9:09am On Jul 04, 2019
Flier:
Nigerians must not subscribe to the ranching either, because if you give them land for ranching,they are going to use it to build Ruga
All these old men should not put youth in trouble
We just have to get rid of APC government and herdsmen problem would be a problem of yesterday,they are no terrorist they are just doing rubbish because of Buhari in power
Get rid of Apc government? U go wait tire. Did heardsmen problem start during Buhari government? It has always been like this but receiving alot of attention these previous years, and that is good.
Re: Falana Reacts To Suspension Of Ruga Settlements, Tells Buhari What To Do by JKisOK(m): 9:15am On Jul 04, 2019
AnanseK:

People do not hate Buhari. They hate his partiality, his impunity, his incorrigibility and his bigotry.
Re: Falana Reacts To Suspension Of Ruga Settlements, Tells Buhari What To Do by SarkinYarki: 9:28am On Jul 04, 2019
schoolboij:

Animals like you only feel important on the internet. Calling a whole Falana fool. I pity your parents that, if you have any because most of you are raised in baby factories.

Please show me where I called him a fool? The only person calling him a fool is you ..and for your information I am not a Yoruba man so I am not mandated to Revere any of these your so called extortionist lawyers that keep abusing the sanctity of the law on the alter of primal greed
Re: Falana Reacts To Suspension Of Ruga Settlements, Tells Buhari What To Do by crackhouse(m): 9:48am On Jul 04, 2019
They should ranch in the north period....
Re: Falana Reacts To Suspension Of Ruga Settlements, Tells Buhari What To Do by Rolings: 9:50am On Jul 04, 2019
Tifesingz:
Are you done ranting? WE DON KNOW UNA INTENTIONS, WE NO DO... GOAN KILL YOURSELF
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin only Ruga haters are hugging transformers everywhere, some have even gone to hug kainji dam, hatred is a disesase , loss of election has made you like this....wasnt it your GEJ that earmarked 100 billion to bulid these Ruga? where is the 100 billion, it ended up in mama piss account ,
Re: Falana Reacts To Suspension Of Ruga Settlements, Tells Buhari What To Do by sapientia(m): 10:25am On Jul 04, 2019
babzo:
One of the wisest, incorruptible and most patriotic Nigerians alive. Put this man together with Shehu Sani, Abubakar Umar, Pat Utomi, Wole Sowore, a repentant Ribadu and two or 3 others and Nigeria MAY have hope. And tap into the skills of a few politicians like Donald Duke and Ngozi Okonki (but dont give them power o, a Nigerian politician can never be trusted)

But its like Abukakar Umar (former Colonel) has given up hope on Nigeria. I Dont blame him.

Hahahaha..

Be civil please.

This got me real hard because you are very right.

I just dont get it.

I have never believed repairing should take more than a year.

We just need ONE sane human.
Re: Falana Reacts To Suspension Of Ruga Settlements, Tells Buhari What To Do by ChineduPeters(m): 10:28am On Jul 04, 2019
When it's time for the next presidential election, we must not fail to scrutinize every aspirant to find out what they've spent the last decade doing before we decide on who to vote for. Ever since Buhari became president, the conversation has centered around cows, ranching, herdsmen, Fulani radio, myetti allah, imported grass, Ruga, you name it. The poverty capital of the world whose primary concern should be how to take it's citizens out of extreme poverty discussing about cattles everyday? What a shame
Re: Falana Reacts To Suspension Of Ruga Settlements, Tells Buhari What To Do by Summer7: 10:52am On Jul 04, 2019
If the South start growing their Cows and consuming our meat this incessant killing and colossal loss of precious Nigerian lives will come to an end.
Re: Falana Reacts To Suspension Of Ruga Settlements, Tells Buhari What To Do by Summer7: 10:57am On Jul 04, 2019
We have the green vegetation and abundant rainfall each year down South. Cattle Farming or animal husbandry is a Mega Billion dollar business . Get high breed calf from Brazil and boom !!!!!
Check my signature
Re: Falana Reacts To Suspension Of Ruga Settlements, Tells Buhari What To Do by babzo(m): 12:41pm On Jul 04, 2019
sapientia:

Hahahaha..

Be civil please.

This got me real hard because you are very right.

I just dont get it.

I have never believed repairing should take more than a year.

We just need ONE sane human.

Its all a scam bro. First they need 4 years, then its one more term, later they will start telling you the military destroyed things for 16 years. PDP destroyed things for 16 years, it took America 200 years, it took the early man 1 million years; all na story.
Re: Falana Reacts To Suspension Of Ruga Settlements, Tells Buhari What To Do by DedeNkem: 1:45pm On Jul 04, 2019
I thought Falana was smart. He made a dumb statement!

Ranching is a private business and should in NO WAY become a federal govt. business.

If federal govt. must invest in private Ranching business of fulani herdsmen terrorists, it should equally invest in private businesses of other ethnic groups!

1 Like

Re: Falana Reacts To Suspension Of Ruga Settlements, Tells Buhari What To Do by AnanseK(m): 6:33pm On Jul 04, 2019
[quote author=JKisOK post=79927760]

There is no going back. Buhari must implement the Ruga policy in the states that welcomed it. The state Governors are ready.
Re: Falana Reacts To Suspension Of Ruga Settlements, Tells Buhari What To Do by AnanseK(m): 6:40pm On Jul 04, 2019
JimohMomoh:

They wanted to rope Osinbanjo into the scheme but he quickly cleared himself.

Ranching will no longer work again because the suspicion is there already and most importantly the Fulanis are not used to paying tax.

Fulanis have paid tax long before any of your ancestors. Read or ask about Jangali tax when tax was levied on every single cow and those fulanis with thousands of cows paid huge sums of money to the government annually this would amount to millions and millions of Naira annually. In return they had protection and veterinary care and water ponds for their cattle. This deteriorated along with Nigeria’s decay for the last 50-60 years. Fulani paid more tax than civil servants and even many so called rich men. Nobody pays tax these days and I doubt if you pay tax yourself.
Re: Falana Reacts To Suspension Of Ruga Settlements, Tells Buhari What To Do by AnanseK(m): 7:03pm On Jul 04, 2019
lomprico:

Donate your village for it and stop whining!

Yes I have donated my village for it and you shout shut up your mouth and mind your own business and stop drinking sniper for things that do not concern you.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ohanaeze Ndigbo Apologized To Buhari Over Endorsement Of Atiku / Nigerian Visa Goes For A Dollar In 13 Countries - Punch / Protest At INEC Office In Edo. Police Repel Protesters With Tear Gas (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.