Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,559 members, 7,809,034 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:30 PM

Makinde Accuses Ajimobi Of Awarding N7bn Road Project To ‘faceless’ Contractor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Makinde Accuses Ajimobi Of Awarding N7bn Road Project To ‘faceless’ Contractor (9395 Views)

Osun: APC Accuses Adeleke Of Awarding Contracts To Family Members / Adeleke Accuses Oyetola Of Awarding N30bn Contracts / FG Queries Mohammed Bello For Buying Uncompleted Building For N7bn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Makinde Accuses Ajimobi Of Awarding N7bn Road Project To ‘faceless’ Contractor by Dorischuks: 8:45am On Jul 04, 2019
Governor Seyi Makinde of Oyo State has accused his predecessor, Senator Abiola Ajimobi of awarding contracts to a contractor with an untraceable office address to the tune of N7 billion.

DAILY POST reports that the contract was for the construction of the Moniya-Iseyin Road, Ojedeji Village in Akinyele local government of the state.

The governor spoke yesterday after he embarked on a tour of the road leading to the Pacesetter Quarry and Asphalt plant, located at Km 25, Moniya-Iseyin Road.

He said that N2 billion of the total contract sum was paid to the unknown contractor.

Explaining his level of disappointment, the governor lamented that the road, which served as the economic route for farm and agricultural produce into the state, could be abandoned after the faceless contractor collected N2 billion, with little or nothing to show for it on the project site.

He said his effort at locating the site address of the contractor to interact with them on the level of work done despite the amount of money released, revealed that the given office address was not only untraceable but the name could not be ascertained.

Makinde said: “My impression of the work done so far if I will have to evaluate and cost it, couldn’t have been more than N150 million.

“It was a faceless contractor and we don’t even know where their offices are located. I could have stopped by to go discuss with them but there is nowhere to stop by,” he added.

Read more here https://thickmatch.com/makinde-accuses-ajimobi-awarding-n7bn-road-project-faceless-contractor/

3 Likes

Re: Makinde Accuses Ajimobi Of Awarding N7bn Road Project To ‘faceless’ Contractor by yaki84: 8:53am On Jul 04, 2019
U wont hear habeeke dabaru comment on this since she is so good at political affairs

9 Likes

Re: Makinde Accuses Ajimobi Of Awarding N7bn Road Project To ‘faceless’ Contractor by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:25am On Jul 04, 2019
Makinde said: “My impression of the work done so far if I will have to evaluate and cost it, couldn’t have been more than N150 million.
It was a faceless contractor and we don’t even know where their offices are located. I could have stopped by to go discuss with them but there is nowhere to stop by,” he added.
Charge him to court and probe him.
He is no more under immunity.
Don't rant alone, take action Seyi.
You are the Guv!

36 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Makinde Accuses Ajimobi Of Awarding N7bn Road Project To ‘faceless’ Contractor by olaolulazio(m): 11:25am On Jul 04, 2019
This Makinde should shut his mouth and start thinking of how to make Oyo state a better place....
Charge him to court if u feel what u are saying is real.

Keep blaming like Buhari grin

5 Likes

Re: Makinde Accuses Ajimobi Of Awarding N7bn Road Project To ‘faceless’ Contractor by HumanHairLovers(f): 11:26am On Jul 04, 2019
They're one and the same

Na today?! tongue

Get some original hair or wigs ladies. Check my signature

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Makinde Accuses Ajimobi Of Awarding N7bn Road Project To ‘faceless’ Contractor by PrinceKevin01: 11:26am On Jul 04, 2019
This for me is no news in this part of the world. Take money away from Politics, your Political godfathers will change portfolio.

Because Money is the name of the game in this part of the world

Anyway, i will Build a Professional Logo or Company for your Product or Company For 1k. Offer valid today only. See my info below to chat me up on WhatsApp

1 Like

Re: Makinde Accuses Ajimobi Of Awarding N7bn Road Project To ‘faceless’ Contractor by Uchenaija: 11:26am On Jul 04, 2019
Accusations that yield nothing.

Love to don real Senator suit wears? Check my signature
Re: Makinde Accuses Ajimobi Of Awarding N7bn Road Project To ‘faceless’ Contractor by OLUWOLEYINKA(m): 11:27am On Jul 04, 2019
Mr Constituted Authority should be made to Rot in Jail.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Makinde Accuses Ajimobi Of Awarding N7bn Road Project To ‘faceless’ Contractor by Harlem2(m): 11:28am On Jul 04, 2019
Ruga
Will solve it
Re: Makinde Accuses Ajimobi Of Awarding N7bn Road Project To ‘faceless’ Contractor by farggie(m): 11:28am On Jul 04, 2019
catch am! catch am! thief! thief!catch am! catch am! rogue! rogue!

4 Likes

Re: Makinde Accuses Ajimobi Of Awarding N7bn Road Project To ‘faceless’ Contractor by NameChecker: 11:28am On Jul 04, 2019
k
Re: Makinde Accuses Ajimobi Of Awarding N7bn Road Project To ‘faceless’ Contractor by tfelicityk(m): 11:29am On Jul 04, 2019
Constitute a committee to investigate it. Then, act... Making public announcements is not the options.

After, your investigation. Probe him and the said faceless contractors

5 Likes

Re: Makinde Accuses Ajimobi Of Awarding N7bn Road Project To ‘faceless’ Contractor by anonimi: 11:29am On Jul 04, 2019
post=79931830:
You are the Guv!

Are you giving the same advise to the new governor of Kwara state

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Makinde Accuses Ajimobi Of Awarding N7bn Road Project To ‘faceless’ Contractor by hannysur8(m): 11:31am On Jul 04, 2019
This one they find excuse from the beginning, another failure in making

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Makinde Accuses Ajimobi Of Awarding N7bn Road Project To ‘faceless’ Contractor by Edyice: 11:31am On Jul 04, 2019
Na so Na

That's how the GAME is played

At the end of the day ,the cash misses road to his account . Contractor have is own share grin grin

Project stops
Case closed grin grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Makinde Accuses Ajimobi Of Awarding N7bn Road Project To ‘faceless’ Contractor by Comedian2019: 11:33am On Jul 04, 2019
Oh! Ajimobi is Gandollar's in-law!
I'm not dissapointed. Like Gandollar like in-law.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Makinde Accuses Ajimobi Of Awarding N7bn Road Project To ‘faceless’ Contractor by Sinach0191(m): 11:33am On Jul 04, 2019
Half of the money is in his bank account

1 Like

Re: Makinde Accuses Ajimobi Of Awarding N7bn Road Project To ‘faceless’ Contractor by barragan: 11:36am On Jul 04, 2019
Ọgbẹni, there are perm secs that will answer you if you asked them about the said contractors.

2 Likes

Re: Makinde Accuses Ajimobi Of Awarding N7bn Road Project To ‘faceless’ Contractor by Nhemzie17: 11:39am On Jul 04, 2019
Useless Politicians everywhere
Smh���
Re: Makinde Accuses Ajimobi Of Awarding N7bn Road Project To ‘faceless’ Contractor by Pearlyakin(m): 11:44am On Jul 04, 2019
That road is worst for real

1 Like

Re: Makinde Accuses Ajimobi Of Awarding N7bn Road Project To ‘faceless’ Contractor by Nobody: 11:44am On Jul 04, 2019
you don't know EFCC's address?
Re: Makinde Accuses Ajimobi Of Awarding N7bn Road Project To ‘faceless’ Contractor by yeyeosoronga: 12:04pm On Jul 04, 2019
Inform EFCC. The man is a constituted authoritative thief. How I wish the gove could build more confidence in the masses by prosecuting one of theirs

2 Likes

Re: Makinde Accuses Ajimobi Of Awarding N7bn Road Project To ‘faceless’ Contractor by bankulizer: 12:05pm On Jul 04, 2019
post=79931830:

You are the Guv!
Gerout. What do you know? He should work instead of ranting. Ranting about like a goat. I'm really disappointed in the dude. He should get to work abeg

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Makinde Accuses Ajimobi Of Awarding N7bn Road Project To ‘faceless’ Contractor by darqly(m): 12:06pm On Jul 04, 2019
He can either make noise to discredit his predecessor or he can actually trace the "Faceless" company through CAC. The mobilization fee was paid to an account definitely and there's an audit trail. All he has to do go through the bank, obtain company details, go to CAC website sef and company directors will show up. I don't like smart folk like these playing dumb politics. Be about action and be different Makinde!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Makinde Accuses Ajimobi Of Awarding N7bn Road Project To ‘faceless’ Contractor by bankulizer: 12:08pm On Jul 04, 2019
darqly:
He can either make noise to discredit his predecessor or he can actually trace the "Faceless" company through CAC. The mobilization fee was paid to an account definitely and there's an audit trail. All he has to do go through the bank, obtain company details, go to CAC website sef and company directors will show up. I don't like smart folk like these playing dumb politics. Be about action and be different Makinde!
Exactly o. Why is he ranting? Olohun you said my mind. God bless you. Look at my reply above you

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Court Orders National Assembly To Halt Edo Assembly Takeover Plan / Road Construction: Arepo Residents Accuse Ade Akinsanya, Fort Hermon Of Sabotage / Customs Didn’t Cause Rice Buyers’ Deaths At Lagos Office – Spokesperson

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.