Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,338 members, 7,808,199 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:32 AM

Flood Takes Over Lagos Estate Road (Photos) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Flood Takes Over Lagos Estate Road (Photos) (27175 Views)

Commuters Stranded As Flood Takes Over Obafemi Awolowo Way In Ikeja, Lagos / Flood Takes Over Okota Area In Lagos (photos) / Flood Takes Over Oshodi-apapa Expressway (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flood Takes Over Lagos Estate Road (Photos) by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jul 04, 2019
K
Re: Flood Takes Over Lagos Estate Road (Photos) by HeyCorleone(m): 4:43pm On Jul 04, 2019
Joromi12:
you cannot even write correct english and you dey blog. Nairaland stop promoting these guys

I thought I was the only one that gets irritated by the sentence structure of information that make it to frontpage. Very poor. I thought we were all educated here.

1 Like

Re: Flood Takes Over Lagos Estate Road (Photos) by HeyCorleone(m): 4:44pm On Jul 04, 2019
TANID:
But Not Only Happened Here In Nigeria Or Lagos State, It's Also Happened In Others Countries As Well Like America.

When you people who say this "doesn't this happen in the US or London", I only laugh because you can't compare the quantity of rain that makes a flood in the US to what makes a flood in Lagos. No way.

1 Like

Re: Flood Takes Over Lagos Estate Road (Photos) by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jul 04, 2019
TANID:
But Not Only Happened Here In Nigeria Or Lagos State, It's Also Happened In Others Countries As Well Like America.

That's why Nigeria may never advance further if we always derive solace in comparing our systemic failures with other countries who are being proactive with preventive measures.

Have you researched on how those you are comparing yourself have been able to profer long lasting solutions to these challenges which in most cases are natural disasters compared to yours which is a reoccurring man made disasters?

Comparisons are defeatist approach and not a solution
Re: Flood Takes Over Lagos Estate Road (Photos) by TANID(m): 4:49pm On Jul 04, 2019
HeyCorleone:

When you people who say this "doesn't this happen in the US or London", I only laugh because you can't compare the quantity of rain that makes a flood in the US to what makes a flood in Lagos. No way.
Hmmmm! I Agree With You On Your Point.

1 Like

Re: Flood Takes Over Lagos Estate Road (Photos) by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jul 04, 2019
Darkseid:
With the kind of happiness on the faces of those guys, I'm sure they bought that boat for that purpose and have been waiting for long to utilise it.

Nigerians are the only ones that pass through the wall when pushed to the wall, they normalize abnormalities and wait for the next abnormality to normalize.

This is what you get when Citizens of a nation can't in unison hold their elected governments accountable rather, they cheer their mediocrities.
Re: Flood Takes Over Lagos Estate Road (Photos) by lilyheaven: 4:56pm On Jul 04, 2019
donbachi:
Aaah! Wike.but i passed this side of diobu last week in ph.never noticed this..wike is working.
What's Wike's headache with Lagos flood.
Idikwa okay?
Re: Flood Takes Over Lagos Estate Road (Photos) by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jul 04, 2019
wow, Lagos is beginning to look like rivers state, very soon residents in lagos will mimick PH residents in owning canoes and pumping machines. grin
Re: Flood Takes Over Lagos Estate Road (Photos) by Bigcowhorn: 5:01pm On Jul 04, 2019
Lucifer1419 aka Yorubawarrior and Ijebuwarrior na their black sense of government and management do this rubbish but you no go see them until there is awof to take then you go hear .... na we get lagos

Nonsense

Re: Flood Takes Over Lagos Estate Road (Photos) by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jul 04, 2019
HeyCorleone:

The weather alert alone will make everyone in lagos run out of the state within 24 hours for a rain forecast that is expected in a weeks time, because the outcome won't be a flood rather it will be a deluge.

1 Like

Re: Flood Takes Over Lagos Estate Road (Photos) by ATTAH012(m): 5:02pm On Jul 04, 2019
Sowo-olu is working, mission accomplish.
Re: Flood Takes Over Lagos Estate Road (Photos) by stasius: 5:14pm On Jul 04, 2019
donbachi:
Aaah! Wike.but i passed this side of diobu last week in ph.never noticed this..wike is working.

Yaba! yaba!! yaba!!!
Re: Flood Takes Over Lagos Estate Road (Photos) by donbachi(m): 5:18pm On Jul 04, 2019
lilyheaven:
What's Wike's headache with Lagos flood. Idikwa okay?
adi kwam ok..tierem aka biko
Re: Flood Takes Over Lagos Estate Road (Photos) by donbachi(m): 5:19pm On Jul 04, 2019
stasius:

Yaba! yaba!! yaba!!!
left! left!! left!!!
Re: Flood Takes Over Lagos Estate Road (Photos) by donbachi(m): 5:21pm On Jul 04, 2019
oshe11:
Ur drunkenness pass Jackie Chan own
d insult on dis facebook is too much
Re: Flood Takes Over Lagos Estate Road (Photos) by TANID(m): 5:37pm On Jul 04, 2019
byrron:

That's why Nigeria may never advance further if we always derive solace in comparing our systemic failures with other countries who are being proactive with preventive measures.

Have you researched on how those you are comparing yourself have been able to profer long lasting solutions to these challenges which in most cases are natural disasters compared to yours which is a reoccurring man made disasters?

Comparisons are defeatist approach and not a solution
Agree And Understood.

I Learned Thanks.

Let Me Back You Up On Some Of Your Point, We're The One Block The Drainage With All Our Wasts And Also Build House At Drainage Aria.
Re: Flood Takes Over Lagos Estate Road (Photos) by yunnyp(m): 5:39pm On Jul 04, 2019
donbachi:

I thought this happened in Lagos State?
Re: Flood Takes Over Lagos Estate Road (Photos) by elujah1(m): 5:42pm On Jul 04, 2019
donbachi:
Lagos not ph
Re: Flood Takes Over Lagos Estate Road (Photos) by donbachi(m): 5:42pm On Jul 04, 2019
ATTAH012:
Sowo-olu is working, mission accomplish.
wetin sanwo-olu get to do with lagos estate?
Re: Flood Takes Over Lagos Estate Road (Photos) by donbachi(m): 5:44pm On Jul 04, 2019
elujah1:

Lagos not ph
the op wrote lagos estate...read again..dats why i put it on wike.
Re: Flood Takes Over Lagos Estate Road (Photos) by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jul 04, 2019
TANID:
Agree And Understood.

I Learned Thanks.

Let Me Back You Up On Some Of Your Point, We're The One Block The Drainage With All Our Wasts And Also Build House At Drainage Aria.

Though I struggled to read what you wrote but I did understood your intent and I also agree with you that blocking of drainages with waste and building on drainages are some of the root causes of some of these reoccurring flooding.
Re: Flood Takes Over Lagos Estate Road (Photos) by onilanre(m): 5:51pm On Jul 04, 2019
donbachi:

Stop smoking weed, it's not good for you.
Re: Flood Takes Over Lagos Estate Road (Photos) by AmazingELixir: 5:52pm On Jul 04, 2019
grin grin grin
Re: Flood Takes Over Lagos Estate Road (Photos) by MobilityExpress: 5:55pm On Jul 04, 2019
chuose2:
Wait, I thought they said that our South East neighbours are the capital of erosion

Is this truly Lagos or the South East

Flooding and erosion are not the same thing
Re: Flood Takes Over Lagos Estate Road (Photos) by AmazingELixir: 5:57pm On Jul 04, 2019
donbachi:

What has the reportage got to do with Wike or dioubu..?

What is the problem with diswan sef..Abi you get juxtaposed-dementia
Re: Flood Takes Over Lagos Estate Road (Photos) by donbachi(m): 6:14pm On Jul 04, 2019
AmazingELixir:

What has the reportage got to do with Wike or dioubu..?

What is the problem with diswan sef..Abi you get juxtaposed-dementia
dis small thing wey i write na e get all dis english..why u no go correct d guy and save ur brain too much stress on which thunderbolt militia to use..u think sey na only u sabi english.u shakramite urgmentia.
Re: Flood Takes Over Lagos Estate Road (Photos) by doctorgold(m): 6:48pm On Jul 04, 2019
Where is the boat?
Abi this op no sabi book ni
Re: Flood Takes Over Lagos Estate Road (Photos) by Angelfrost(m): 7:27pm On Jul 04, 2019
A whole mega city?.. Is there still dry land in that city? Thank God I escaped that state. Ikorodu that year, after a storm no going out or home (if you are out) till the next day. undecided
Re: Flood Takes Over Lagos Estate Road (Photos) by Nobody: 8:06pm On Jul 04, 2019
AmazingELixir:

juxtaposed-dementia

grin grin grin grin
Re: Flood Takes Over Lagos Estate Road (Photos) by one4GOD(f): 8:44pm On Jul 04, 2019
dorothybella:
Watch the moment flooding took over Lagos express Road. People use Boat to cross the Road. cry cry

Closed source identified the place to be an Estate Aja Road in Lagos state. They call on the government to do something about the situation as people are suffering because of the level the water ways had been neglected.

Watch the video here

https://thickmatch.com/see-moment-flooding-took-lagos-estate-road-videophoto/

https://www.facebook.com/MaiyegunsPolitics/videos/490022178435348/
this is Abraham adesanya estate in ajah Lagos.
Re: Flood Takes Over Lagos Estate Road (Photos) by ashantitope: 10:44pm On Jul 04, 2019
donbachi:

Bros which kind weed you smoke today abi where did you buy it hope all is well
Re: Flood Takes Over Lagos Estate Road (Photos) by Antoeni(m): 1:39am On Jul 05, 2019
No be una wan Stay Island,Abeg make Everybody dey e Land, I dey my mainland

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

9 Party Members Died Going For Appeal Court Ruling On Governorship Election / Driver And Conductor ‘Disappear’ After Fatal Truck Accident In Imo State.Photos / Royal Air Maroc Airways Are Taking Nigerians For Fools And Needs To Be Scrapped

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.