Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,122 members, 7,807,397 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:05 PM

Attitudes You Should Avoid At ATM Points - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Attitudes You Should Avoid At ATM Points (289 Views)

Three Things A Feminist Should Avoid (Opinion) / 7 Attitudes That Cause Delay In Marriage For Ladies / Police And Soldier Clashed At ATM Machine In Damaturu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Attitudes You Should Avoid At ATM Points by Rapmoney(m): 10:25am On Jul 04, 2019
Recently, I read in the news how a young man was wickedly killed by a mobile policeman attached to a new generation bank in Enugu State. It was reported that the deceased had an argument with a lady while trying to use the ATM. It is so unfortunate that we live in a society where one has to queue up for long period of time just to use banks' ATM. Sometimes, only one machine will be dispensing cash where as there are several other machines lying idle.

We all know how people are unnecessarily frustrated everyday by inefficient services rendered by most Nigerian banks. The problem is as bad as our social and economic systems are. It could be possible that the argument the slain man had with the lady started from issues which many of us would consider trivial. Yes, but it has unexpectedly led to someone's death. Nevertheless, I am going to use this post to point out some unnecessary things we do that can result to avoidable altercations at ATM points.

1. Using an ATM dispensing cash to do transactions that do not involve cash withdrawals: We should be very mindful of this. Countless times, I have seen people doing this. Sometimes, I wonder whether they do this knowingly or ignorantly. It is even more annoying when you have a lot of people queuing behind you who want to make cash withdrawals. Why waste people's time when there are other machines you can use since your transaction does not involve withdrawing cash? This can cause argument which could lead to physical combat.

2. Always using the expression 'I am not the last person' when someone new wants to join the queue: Many Nigerians behave illogically and hold beliefs that may be outrightly stupid! When someone enquires to know if you are the last person, commonsense should tell you that he/she means if you are the last on the queue. Such question does not in anyway suggests that you are the last person in life! We should be making use of our brains; they are for thinking and acting rationally; they are not objects of decorations. I have observed that people unnecessarily get angry and refuse to give clear response to the question in discourse. The absence of response could lead to arguments later on when someone walks in to stand behind the back of the person who would not give a clear response. 'I am the last person on the queue' can save a whole lot of problems, my people.

3. Claiming VUGA or VOLTRON at ATM points: Respecting people is a way of respecting yourself too. You cannot have your rights acknowledged by not acknowledging other people's rights. Do not stroll into an ATM point and try to bypass others who have been standing there. You think they do not have things to do with their time elsewhere? Dem never talk, you dor already dey show muscle. No be for bank, WWE needs you. Such can bring arguments and fights which may not mean well for you too.

4. Smuggling people into the queue: This is one wrong thing most people do. It is wrong to smuggle people into the queue, either to stay at your back or in front of you. Do not think everyone is a fool or daft. People are watching what you do and be very sure that they would resist any attempt to get them cheated on the queue. This can lead to serious altercations, you know.

You can add yours.

Cc: Freiburger, r231

(1) (Reply)

Free Graphic Design For All Who Sees This. / Nigeria’s Bite Back At South Africa: How The Buhari Government Responded To Xeno / Superlife Stc30

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.