Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,858 members, 7,802,751 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:47 PM

Governor Fayemi Hosts Elderly Widow, Offers Her Daughter Employment - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Fayemi Hosts Elderly Widow, Offers Her Daughter Employment (14250 Views)

Nigerian Lady Finally Offers Her Kidney To Ekweremadu's Daughter / Lere Olayinka And Governor Fayemi Pose For A Selfie / Governor Fayemi Seals Fayose’s Two Houses In Ekiti (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governor Fayemi Hosts Elderly Widow, Offers Her Daughter Employment by Priscy01(f): 1:58pm On Jul 04, 2019
Ekiti State Governor, Kayode Fayemi, has hosted an elderly widow, Olufunmike Ogundipe, in his office, Igbere TV reports.

The governor received the widow on Thursday on request after she appealed to the government in a vox pop to revive the social security scheme for the elderly.

Igbere TV reports that the scheme called “owo arugbo” was introduced by Fayemi during his first administration.

Mama Ogundipe, as she is called, received attention after speaking during the “Meet Your Governor” monthly programme where the governor communicates his policies to the state and receives feedback from the people.

Last Monday, she said she was on her way to the market and had only N100 on her.

The widow, a resident of Ilogbo Street, Igede Ekiti, pleaded for the reintroduction of the scheme, saying three of her children were without jobs.

Ogundipe was received by the governor on Thursday in the company of her daughter, Funmilayo Ogundipe.

The widow lost her husband in 1994 and lost one of her children who was the bread winner of the family in 2010.

Fayemi directed the Director General of Enterprise and Microfinance, Kayode Fasae, to immediately give Funmilayo a temporary job.

He also directed the Director General of Bureau of Employment, Labour and Productivity, Lanre Ogunjobi, to include her for permanent job when recruitment begins.

Fayemi also donated an undisclosed amount to the widow and instructed that she be made an automatic recipient in the ‘owo arugbo’ scheme to commence in October.

Source; http://igberetvnews.com/817322/gov-fayemi-hosts-elderly-widow-offers-her-daughter-employment/

3 Likes

Re: Governor Fayemi Hosts Elderly Widow, Offers Her Daughter Employment by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jul 04, 2019
It seems Fayemi is a listening governor. The ear of the leader must ring with the voices of the masses.

Good one, Omoluabi Fayemi. Also encourage #CommercialCattleRanching in your state.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Fayemi Hosts Elderly Widow, Offers Her Daughter Employment by iCauseTrouble: 5:29pm On Jul 04, 2019
God don pick her call

6 Likes

Re: Governor Fayemi Hosts Elderly Widow, Offers Her Daughter Employment by aleeyus(m): 5:29pm On Jul 04, 2019
This woman need maids

1 Like

Re: Governor Fayemi Hosts Elderly Widow, Offers Her Daughter Employment by naijjaman(m): 5:30pm On Jul 04, 2019
undecided
Re: Governor Fayemi Hosts Elderly Widow, Offers Her Daughter Employment by TIGRITIS: 5:30pm On Jul 04, 2019
God bless gov Kayode Fayemi
God bless Ekiti state and the good people of Ekiti state
God bless President Buhari and VP Osinbajo
God bless Nigeria and Nigerians.

Ipob pigs, pls keep off. undecided

10 Likes

Re: Governor Fayemi Hosts Elderly Widow, Offers Her Daughter Employment by stano2(m): 5:32pm On Jul 04, 2019
Abeg, the state needs more than this. This case is too small to be made public.
We have gone past celebration such. I know people will attack me

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Governor Fayemi Hosts Elderly Widow, Offers Her Daughter Employment by chukwuibuipob: 5:32pm On Jul 04, 2019
cool
Re: Governor Fayemi Hosts Elderly Widow, Offers Her Daughter Employment by vicoloni(m): 5:32pm On Jul 04, 2019
This is a commendable gesture by Gov Fayemi and for those of you complaining that he put it on social media I believe you’re the same people who would vilify him of doing nothing when the time comes for performance evaluation.

He who roast nuts for the blind must whistle to assure the blind his nuts are safe - Igbo proverb

2 Likes

Re: Governor Fayemi Hosts Elderly Widow, Offers Her Daughter Employment by Abalado(f): 5:33pm On Jul 04, 2019
Most of us are ignorant, what he doing that some people are praising him to what they are packing to their own pocket, this fayemi that looted ekiti money for buhari electioneering campaign in 2015 till today nothing was done about it,, now his planning to become the president of this country, he was a minister, this man is so greedy and selfish
Re: Governor Fayemi Hosts Elderly Widow, Offers Her Daughter Employment by itsme01: 5:35pm On Jul 04, 2019
undecided

Every serious country recruits the top graduating students, and best brains into their civil service and engine room, Nigeria employs like its a charity or voluteering organisation

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Fayemi Hosts Elderly Widow, Offers Her Daughter Employment by Abalado(f): 5:35pm On Jul 04, 2019
U don't know anything about government, do u think government is all about given old people 5k why the dots youths in the state are suffering, am very sure ure not an ekiti indegine,, or may be ure one of his supporters deceiving him
igbodefender:
It seems Fayemi is a listening governor. The ear of the leader must ring with the voices of the masses.

Good one, Omoluabi Fayemi. Also encourage #CommercialCattleRanching in your state.
Re: Governor Fayemi Hosts Elderly Widow, Offers Her Daughter Employment by Abalado(f): 5:37pm On Jul 04, 2019
Seems ure drunk for saying he should encourage cattle ranch in my state, is it ur state?
igbodefender:

Re: Governor Fayemi Hosts Elderly Widow, Offers Her Daughter Employment by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jul 04, 2019
Abalado:
Seems ure drunk for saying he should encourage cattle ranch in my state, is it ur state?

Someone should please educate this guy on the difference between commercial cattle ranching, open grazing and grazing reserves. SMH.

1 Like

Re: Governor Fayemi Hosts Elderly Widow, Offers Her Daughter Employment by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jul 04, 2019
Abalado:
U don't know anything about government, do u think government is all about given old people 5k why the dots youths in the state are suffering, am very sure ure not an ekiti indegine,, or may be ure one of his supporters deceiving him

Are you jealousing the old lady?
Re: Governor Fayemi Hosts Elderly Widow, Offers Her Daughter Employment by bluke(m): 6:08pm On Jul 04, 2019
itsme01:
undecided

Every serious country recruits the top graduating students, and best brains into their civil service and engine room, Nigeria employs like its a charity or voluteering organisation

most quota system
Re: Governor Fayemi Hosts Elderly Widow, Offers Her Daughter Employment by wifeesnatcher(m): 6:20pm On Jul 04, 2019
you and fayose are blessing to Ekiti state regardless of you both political discrepancy in one of your regimes, I still commend you guys

I hope more of infrastructures that will attract investors both local and foreign is part of your blueprint in this second term. ekiti state needs a thriving and IGR that can fend for the state

reliance on federal IGR can't grow or make a state experience development in a lifetime

I wish him the best and thanks to him for this kind gesture
Re: Governor Fayemi Hosts Elderly Widow, Offers Her Daughter Employment by godwon01(m): 7:15pm On Jul 04, 2019
He is playing politics of the masses now. His first regime was mar with arrogancy and non charlatans to the yearning of the people. He distance himself from the masses. Anyway ,I am happy for him.
Re: Governor Fayemi Hosts Elderly Widow, Offers Her Daughter Employment by chrisdolly(m): 7:43pm On Jul 04, 2019
stano2:
Abeg, the state needs more than this. This case is too small to be made public
what do u know? Your comment is nonsensical
Re: Governor Fayemi Hosts Elderly Widow, Offers Her Daughter Employment by stano2(m): 7:52pm On Jul 04, 2019
chrisdolly:
what do u know? Your comment is nonsensical
So is yours
Re: Governor Fayemi Hosts Elderly Widow, Offers Her Daughter Employment by mechanics(m): 8:28pm On Jul 04, 2019
Nice one.
Re: Governor Fayemi Hosts Elderly Widow, Offers Her Daughter Employment by Olotito77: 12:07am On Jul 05, 2019
Any which way the critics want to sway this, my governor has always done well to us his indigene. Im so touched by this and very proud to associate with him and show him off as my Governor.

Any which way you see it, being kind to the weak and vulnerable cant be ignored, especially since the scheme was going to be reintroduced in October.
If I have the bank details of the daughter, I ll send some funds to mama mi.

May The Lord bless my governor with long life, health and the best that heave n can give.
Re: Governor Fayemi Hosts Elderly Widow, Offers Her Daughter Employment by freg2000: 1:30am On Jul 05, 2019
igbodefender:

Afonja people, listen to yourself, when fayose comes back from abroad to treat his sivia pain, fayemi will be removed by the court. On PETER i have build my rock and no political trick will survive.
Re: Governor Fayemi Hosts Elderly Widow, Offers Her Daughter Employment by Nobody: 2:41am On Jul 05, 2019
freg2000:

Afonja people, listen to yourself, when fayose comes back from abroad to treat his sivia pain, fayemi will be removed by the court. On PETER i have build my rock and no political trick will survive.
That you support Fayose does not mean you cannot also support Fayemi. #CommonSenseThings cool
Re: Governor Fayemi Hosts Elderly Widow, Offers Her Daughter Employment by BuhariAdvocate: 3:03am On Jul 05, 2019
You started well but you end up talking nonsense.
igbodefender:

(1) (Reply)

Osinbajo Resolves CBN, Governors Differences Over Loan Repayment / Ortom Backs Southern Governors On Anti-Grazing Laws, Rotational Presidency / 10th Ojukwu Memorial: Biafra Agitation Won’t End Soon – Bianca

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.