Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,114 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:43 PM

TECNO Phantom 9 Unboxing And Review + Price (photos) - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / TECNO Phantom 9 Unboxing And Review + Price (photos) (27864 Views)

Redmi 9 Unboxing And Quick Review (photos) / Infinix Hot 9 Unboxing And Review - Good Enough? / TECNO Spark 4 Unboxing, First Impressions And Review + Price (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: TECNO Phantom 9 Unboxing And Review + Price (photos) by MartinsD12(m): 9:07pm On Jul 04, 2019
henry007:
TECNO phantom 9 Unboxing and Review

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UO71_dUeQ2k&t=13s

After 21 months since the Phantom 8's launch, TECNO launched a successor with a 2019 design refresh, a triple camera set up, in-display fingerprint sensor, double the storage space and an AMOLED display, at a much lower price (N75,000 - N80,000) than the Phantom 8.

Do all these features make it worth buying?

Cc Lalasticlala
total trash no wonder the price was slashed than that of phantom 8, truth be told this is no flagship and phone of heilo p35 should be sold for highest 40k this is way below standard nokia x5 is far better with p60 mediatek

5 Likes

Re: TECNO Phantom 9 Unboxing And Review + Price (photos) by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jul 04, 2019
Mizik:
A50 is 90k
u de wyn me
Re: TECNO Phantom 9 Unboxing And Review + Price (photos) by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jul 04, 2019
Mizik:
A50 is 90k
I bought my a30 for 75k March 1st was 110k when i asked
Re: TECNO Phantom 9 Unboxing And Review + Price (photos) by Mizik(m): 10:07pm On Jul 04, 2019
Rayhandrinni:
u de wyn me
lol its now 90k..
A30 is 66700

2 Likes

Re: TECNO Phantom 9 Unboxing And Review + Price (photos) by Pablonkor: 10:34pm On Jul 04, 2019
Kpatakpata my 3310 better pass that nonsense Phantom 9
Walahi
Re: TECNO Phantom 9 Unboxing And Review + Price (photos) by IMASTEX: 10:43pm On Jul 04, 2019
Chuksteric:
Really poor device!! Helio p35 on a flagship device in 2019 ? No type c port, oversaturated screen, it already has problem with the fingerprint scanner as it still comes up after unlocking cheesy grin ;Duseless buggy hios and to top it all , a plastic body and a screen with no gorrlla protection!!!.. ignorant people will still buy it because of the useless in display fingerprint scanner... Totally disgusted!!! Tecno needs to wake the hell up
Re: TECNO Phantom 9 Unboxing And Review + Price (photos) by IMASTEX: 10:51pm On Jul 04, 2019
eki2000:
God forbid bad thing, I bought Samsung A30 for just #69,500 last month, am enjoying it and am quite sure the camera will be 70% better than this tecno flagship. Samsung, Nokia, Xiaomi and OPPO entering Nigeria and African Markets with their new midrange devices and excellent cameras and specs has really opened the bombom of Tecno and Infinix so well. I can surely predict the lose of market share for Tecno and Infinix before the last quarter of this year. it will be a great fall. Planning to upgrade to A50 by November. let Infinix sell their Zero 6 at #100k +. I will buy my A50 25mp + 25mp at #94k or even less, with a solid spec and build.
Seconded
Fool me once. Shame on you.
Fool me twice. Shame on me.
That was how this Infinix people deceive me buy Zero 4 pro for 130k. I wan sell the phone now. Make I buy something meaningful. For me to buy Infinix or Techno I will go for landline. I went to glo office today to confirm which of the device support their rare 4g band.

2 Likes

Re: TECNO Phantom 9 Unboxing And Review + Price (photos) by dayveed1(m): 11:00pm On Jul 04, 2019
olayinkajnr:

Lol. God don deliver me from them tey tey.
Lol ahahaha

1 Like

Re: TECNO Phantom 9 Unboxing And Review + Price (photos) by IMASTEX: 11:09pm On Jul 04, 2019
hustla:
If it's not Samsung, Google, Huawei or Xiaomi, it's rubbish

Quote me anywhere
I will quote you here. Well, to second. Lol
Re: TECNO Phantom 9 Unboxing And Review + Price (photos) by Norman4real(m): 11:15pm On Jul 04, 2019
My main concern with this phone is the processor. I don't mind that it's a mediatek, but I feel that since it's their "flagship" device they should've gone with a much more powerful chip like the P60.
I also don't like that it doesn't seem to have a fast charging.

That aside I'll applaud them for having a well designed phone. I see that they really tried to keep the bezels at a minimum though the chin is still visible.
With Amoled screen I think the phone will have better display but in case of breakage, repair will be more costly.

I've used Tecno and infinix phones for so many years and one thing I appreciate is their durability. I know people usually complain but I haven't faced these issues so I have hope that this phone is of equally good build.
That being said however I do not plan on buying a helio p35 phone, I'd want my next phone to be a reasonable upgrade. Even the Redmi Note 7 won't do. I think I'll need a proper flagship chip with a midrange price. Like the K20, or the next poco phone.

1 Like

Re: TECNO Phantom 9 Unboxing And Review + Price (photos) by Nobody: 12:23am On Jul 05, 2019
Mizik:
lol its now 90k..
A30 is 66700
jesus, could've waited and gotten that oh

1 Like

Re: TECNO Phantom 9 Unboxing And Review + Price (photos) by aytuns(m): 5:25am On Jul 05, 2019
I'm happy people are beginning to see the thieves Tecno and Infinix are.. Imagine Helio p35 in 2019..chai

This phone should not be more than 45k..and thats even because of the wide angle camera ,else 40k,which will compete with the xaiomi redmi 7 that uses an SD 636

1 Like

Re: TECNO Phantom 9 Unboxing And Review + Price (photos) by aytuns(m): 5:27am On Jul 05, 2019
Norman4real:
My main concern with this phone is the processor. I don't mind that it's a mediatek, but I feel that since it's their "flagship" device they should've gone with a much more powerful chip like the P60.

That being said however I do not plan on buying a helio p35 phone, I'd want my next phone to be a reasonable upgrade. Even the Redmi Note 7 won't do. I think I'll need a proper flagship chip with a midrange price. Like the K20, or the next poco phone.

Yes o the K20 or k20pro are looking overly sweet... Just too good.. A true flagship killer.. Atleast in processing department
Re: TECNO Phantom 9 Unboxing And Review + Price (photos) by aytuns(m): 5:30am On Jul 05, 2019
HeyCorleone:

Without a doubt. The X5 is P60.

Honestly anyone who buys this deserves to be placed in a madhouse.

LOL.. Many who aren't tech savvy will still buy it, just wait for the adverts, and you'll see how they will elevate the power of the p35.. It's daylight robbery

3 Likes

Re: TECNO Phantom 9 Unboxing And Review + Price (photos) by olayinkajnr(m): 6:05am On Jul 05, 2019
Mizik:
by far grin...
This tecno guys are mad

The know what's up na. They've seen the latest trend in prices, if not, na 100k plus dem go sell this phone. Just like their Phantom 8.
Re: TECNO Phantom 9 Unboxing And Review + Price (photos) by horlahwaley(m): 6:16am On Jul 05, 2019
aytuns:
I'm happy people are beginning to see the thieves Tecno and Infinix are.. Imagine Helio p35 in 2019..chai

This phone should not be more than 45k..and thats even because of the wide angle camera ,else 40k,which will compete with the xaiomi redmi 7 that uses an SD 636
redmi 7 uses sd 632 which antutu score is around 102000-110000.
Mediatek helio p35 score is around 85000
sd 636 antutu score is around 112000-120000
Bottomline is helio p35 cant even compete with none of the Snapdragon chipset above except sd625.

Now compare the price of the phones that uses the sd chipset above
redmi 7 is 45k
redmi note 5 sd636 cost 52k
lenovo k5 pro sd 636 cost 50k
almighty redmi note 7 sd 660 flagship of the mid range cost 64k for 4gb/64gb

Our dear tecno... let me not talk...

4 Likes

Re: TECNO Phantom 9 Unboxing And Review + Price (photos) by ityP(m): 6:18am On Jul 05, 2019
For the first time, I think tecno almost got it right. If they had put in a Helio P60 on this phone sef, it would really get loud applauses. One can forgive the build material and micro USB, but Helio p35 on a 77k phone is pure stupidity tbvh. I'm very impressed in the camera though. They did what no other company can do in placing dual flash on the front. Makes a whole lot of sense. And the back cameras take awesome pictures. If it came with a Snapdragon chip, installing gcam would have taken it to flagship camera standard tbvh. The only critical box this phone didn't tick for me is Processor and GPU

1 Like

Re: TECNO Phantom 9 Unboxing And Review + Price (photos) by Nobody: 6:28am On Jul 05, 2019
Rayhandrinni:
jesus, could've waited and gotten that oh
I think it depends on your location tho,they still sell as high as 100k here for a50 while it's 90k in lagos.a30 is 71k here
Re: TECNO Phantom 9 Unboxing And Review + Price (photos) by Nobody: 8:57am On Jul 05, 2019
Simplep:
I think it depends on your location tho,they still sell as high as 100k here for a50 while it's 90k in lagos.a30 is 71k here
something I bought at slot ikeja. Just the fact it dropped with time...bought it may 1st
Re: TECNO Phantom 9 Unboxing And Review + Price (photos) by Jimgym(m): 12:57pm On Jul 05, 2019
I'm so impressed with the specs of the phone. The price is also good, a must have
Re: TECNO Phantom 9 Unboxing And Review + Price (photos) by drjprince: 1:41pm On Jul 05, 2019
Jimgym:
I'm so impressed with the specs of the phone. The price is also good, a must have
grin grin must have kee you there must you show your ignorance

7 Likes

Re: TECNO Phantom 9 Unboxing And Review + Price (photos) by eki2000(m): 2:29pm On Jul 05, 2019
hustla:
If it's not Samsung, Google, Huawei or Xiaomi, it's rubbish

Quote me anywhere
please include Nokia and OPPO

2 Likes

Re: TECNO Phantom 9 Unboxing And Review + Price (photos) by eki2000(m): 2:33pm On Jul 05, 2019
WDTrends:

Hello
When you unboxed your A30, did it come with any pre applied screen protector or just a bare screen?
It came with a pre applied screen protector, though it was a thin plastic not the usual glass we buy in retail stores.
Re: TECNO Phantom 9 Unboxing And Review + Price (photos) by WDTrends: 5:15pm On Jul 05, 2019
eki2000:
It came with a pre applied screen protector, though it was a thin plastic not the usual glass we buy in retail stores.

Thanks alot for this, appreciate it.
Just wanted to know if the A30 I ordered for will be temporary protected; follow come tpu case and screen film, before I can get Armoured Case and 2.5D curved screen guard from AliExpress.

Does the A30 work with Glo 4G?
Re: TECNO Phantom 9 Unboxing And Review + Price (photos) by Norman4real(m): 9:31pm On Jul 05, 2019
horlahwaley:
redmi 7 uses sd 632 which antutu score is around 102000-110000.
Mediatek helio p35 score is around 85000
sd 636 antutu score is around 112000-120000
Bottomline is helio p35 cant even compete with none of the Snapdragon chipset above except sd625.

Now compare the price of the phones that uses the sd chipset above
redmi 7 is 45k
redmi note 5 sd636 cost 52k
lenovo k5 pro sd 636 cost 50k
almighty redmi note 7 sd 660 flagship of the mid range cost 64k for 4gb/64gb

Our dear tecno... let me not talk...
You make a good point here. But also don't forget that there's usually a lot more to a phone than just the CPU. Anyway I don't think Tecno is charging a lot, I think the pricing is a bit fair. Especially when you compare it to the last phantom 8, which was a total disaster. At least this year they managed to bring the price down while introducing a better Amoled screen, better design with minimal bezels and even latest tech like the in-screen fingerprint. That being said, for those of us that want CPU power, this just won't do for us, no matter how much RAM is added. angry angry
Re: TECNO Phantom 9 Unboxing And Review + Price (photos) by naturefellow(m): 11:08pm On Jul 05, 2019
chigoziri2403:
I forsee the downfall of infinix and tecno phones in the Nigerian market, much better gadget are flooding the market
Since I ditched them and went for Huawei, no more complaints
nd how are you surviving with a Huawei without Google support?
Re: TECNO Phantom 9 Unboxing And Review + Price (photos) by naturefellow(m): 11:17pm On Jul 05, 2019
Something this not specified on gsmarena.com,is that one phone?
Re: TECNO Phantom 9 Unboxing And Review + Price (photos) by naturefellow(m): 11:17pm On Jul 05, 2019
Something this not specified on gsmarena.com, is that one phone?
Re: TECNO Phantom 9 Unboxing And Review + Price (photos) by chigoziri2403(m): 11:50pm On Jul 05, 2019
naturefellow:
nd how are you surviving with a Huawei without Google support?
be updated, the ban takes effect by September, so am still enjoying Google

1 Like

Re: TECNO Phantom 9 Unboxing And Review + Price (photos) by horlahwaley(m): 12:04am On Jul 06, 2019
Norman4real:

You make a good point here. But also don't forget that there's usually a lot more to a phone than just the CPU. Anyway I don't think Tecno is charging a lot, I think the pricing is a bit fair. Especially when you compare it to the last phantom 8, which was a total disaster. At least this year they managed to bring the price down while introducing a better Amoled screen, better design with minimal bezels and even latest tech like the in-screen fingerprint. That being said, for those of us that want CPU power, this just won't do for us, no matter how much RAM is added. angry angry
well, i can see you are not really a tech savvy the cpu is the most important part in a smartphone cause it tells how smooth and fluid the ui, the camera and other hardware are going to perfom. It is because transsion rarely emphasize on the cpu they use in their device that is why most people are not well enlightened. if i bought a phone of 75k with crappy processor with an amoled screen but i cant play heavy games smoothly nor perform multiple task with it?, dont you think that is a waste of money.? if you need a phone for day to day activities then why spend 75k for that? a phone of 30k can do the basics and by the way amoled screens are over saturated. and are you talking about the indisplay fingerprint that is already reported failing on the tecno?

5 Likes

Re: TECNO Phantom 9 Unboxing And Review + Price (photos) by hustla(m): 11:04am On Jul 06, 2019
eki2000:
please include Nokia and OPPO

Oppo is not so come around here
Nokia, they can be better than they currently are but they need to splash mad money on ads

For instance, they have a lot of mid range phones that are relatively unknown but good. How are they not involved in sponsoring something as wide spread as BBnaija ?

I don't really see their ads on TV even.. Samsung with all its fanbase still advertises on prime time space

Wonder when they'll wake up and smell the coffee
Re: TECNO Phantom 9 Unboxing And Review + Price (photos) by hustla(m): 11:05am On Jul 06, 2019
horlahwaley:
well, i can see you are not really a tech savvy the cpu is the most important part in a smartphone cause it tells how smooth and fluid the ui, the camera and other hardware are going to perfom. It is because transsion rarely emphasize on the cpu they use in their device that is why most people are not well enlightened. if i bought a phone of 75k with crappy processor with an amoled screen but i cant play heavy games smoothly nor perform multiple task with it?, dont you think that is a waste of money.? if you need a phone for day to day activities then why spend 75k for that? a phone of 30k can do the basics and by the way amoled screens are over saturated. and are you talking about the indisplay fingerprint that is already reported failing on the tecno?

The CPU is one of many things

A very good CPU with less than average optimization will result in a shit phone

Tecno has no business releasing phones with on screen fps or facial recognition, they simply don't have the tech to do that as they're one Chinese crap phone and Im surprised they're still in the market

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tecno Spark 4 Talents Hunt In Lagos (Photos) / Youtube Enables Users To Save Videos For Offline Use In Nigeria. / Phone Engineers Will Not Make Heaven Walai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.