Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,567 members, 7,809,066 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:12 PM

Quran, Ifa And The Bible By Abdulrazaq O Hamzat - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Quran, Ifa And The Bible By Abdulrazaq O Hamzat (31185 Views)

Ooni Of Ife: Whenever You Use Google, You’re Consulting Ifa -Oba Enitan Ogunwusi / Brazilian Man Eulogize Ifa And Masquerade In Yoruba . Photos & Video / Ooni Performs Ifa Festival Where Kolanut Is Mysteriously Swallowed By Ground(piç (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Quran, Ifa And The Bible By Abdulrazaq O Hamzat by bilms(m): 2:23pm On Jul 04, 2019
Quran, Ifa and the Bible
By Abdulrazaq O Hamzat

Recently, in the course of research about history, i came in contact with a book on Ifa corpus.

I took interest in it because, I have heard many times that in ifa, exists history of many towns and people and i really wanted to know how true this is.

So, i took a copy of this ifa book to read.

Surprisingly, in the chapter one of the book, titled eji ogbe, a story, closely related to that which was narrated by the Quran and Bible was contained in it.

If you remember, the Quran and Bible told a story about the miraculous birth of a child called Jesus or Isa.

In both narratives, they said a virgin lady named Marry or Mariam (as the case may be), that is not married conceived the child without ever being with any man.

Bible said Marry conceived Jesus through holy spirit and the Quran said Mariam conceived Isa through what Islamic Scholars described as "kun fa ya kun".

I have just found out that similar story was narrated in an Odu Ifa called eji ogbe.

Ifa called the woman Oyigi and the child, ela.

According to the story, oyigi is unmarried and a revelation from ifa came to her that she will give birth to a miraculous child, a child that will be God's messenger.

Soon, she got pregnant as prophesied without meeting any man, went into the bush and eventually gave birth to the child she named ela.

The child, according to the story, became the most knowledgeable about ifa and when Orunmila is returning to heaven or eledumare, he entrusted spiritual knowledge of ifa to ela and asked all ifa messengers to refer to ela when they have any question.

Could this ifa story, be said to be similar to that of the quran and bible?

Abdulrazaq O Hamzat

19 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Quran, Ifa And The Bible By Abdulrazaq O Hamzat by aremuforlife(m): 9:25pm On Jul 04, 2019
There are lots of ODU in IFA that relate to some stories in both Quran and Bibles.
It is just that we don't want to believe anything from IFA because of the belief that it's is idol Worship.
There is an odu that when it appear the people there either Christian or Muslim will shout Hallelujah or Allahu Akba

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Quran, Ifa And The Bible By Abdulrazaq O Hamzat by bilms(m): 9:47pm On Jul 04, 2019
Give us examples

1 Like

Re: Quran, Ifa And The Bible By Abdulrazaq O Hamzat by katheeroh: 7:34am On Jul 05, 2019
There's no religious book that doesn't emphasis on the birth of isa (A.s) whether directly or indirectly!

2 Likes

Re: Quran, Ifa And The Bible By Abdulrazaq O Hamzat by ashantitope: 7:34am On Jul 05, 2019
It can be true because our fore fore father's have been worshipping God before they brought us Islam and xtian and remember not all of them then worship idol and If u study history in school you will realize that there something that all this our religion leaders are not telling us but both Muslim, Christian,and ifa worshiper we are all created by one God is just the way we worship him is different and did you know that this ESU that will do talk about or the one the let us know that is devil is a big lie? So ESU is not devil there are different

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Quran, Ifa And The Bible By Abdulrazaq O Hamzat by MorataFC: 7:34am On Jul 05, 2019
bilms:
Quran, Ifa and the Bible
By Abdulrazaq O Hamzat

Recently, in the course of research about history, i came in contact with a book on Ifa corpus.

I took interest in it because, I have heard many times that in ifa, exists history of many towns and people and i really wanted to know how true this is.

Surprisingly, in the chapter one of the book, titled eji ogbe, a story, closely related to that which was narrated by the Quran and Bible was contained in it.

If you remember, the Quran and Bible told a story about the miraculous birth of a child called Jesus or Isa.

In both narratives, they said a virgin lady named Marry or Mariam (as the case may be), that is not married conceived the child without ever being with any man.

Bible said Marry conceived Jesus through holy spirit and the Quran said Mariam conceived Isa through what Islamic Scholars described as "kun fa ya kun".

I have just found out that similar story was narrated in an Odu Ifa called eji ogbe.

According to the story, oyigi is unmarried and a revelation from ifa came to her that she will give birth to a miraculous child, a child that will be God's messenger.

Soon, she got pregnant as prophesied without meeting any man, went into the bush and eventually gave birth to the child she named ela.

The child, according to the story, became the most knowledgeable about ifa and when Orunmila is returning to heaven or eledumare, he entrusted spiritual knowledge of ifa to ela and asked all ifa messengers to refer to ela when they have any question.

Abdulrazaq O Hamzat
Let it be known to you if you have not know before, all the religions on earth stole their story line from Bible, copied their belief from from the original HOLY book

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Quran, Ifa And The Bible By Abdulrazaq O Hamzat by juliusocean(m): 7:34am On Jul 05, 2019
Okay
Re: Quran, Ifa And The Bible By Abdulrazaq O Hamzat by SoftP(m): 7:35am On Jul 05, 2019
E

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Quran, Ifa And The Bible By Abdulrazaq O Hamzat by Nobody: 7:35am On Jul 05, 2019
Ask an Igbo man, he will tell you another thing. Same with Hausa. The confusion in this country has been in existence for centuries. lipsrsealed
validstar1:
Most religions copy, edit and paste from the bible

12 Likes

Re: Quran, Ifa And The Bible By Abdulrazaq O Hamzat by nairalee(m): 7:36am On Jul 05, 2019
In my opinion there's no difference between all these religions.

It's just God manifesting Himself in different ways.

What's annoying is Africans throwing away their religions and calling it rubbish while embracing the foreigner's own.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Quran, Ifa And The Bible By Abdulrazaq O Hamzat by validstar1: 7:36am On Jul 05, 2019
Most religions copy, edit and paste from the bible

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Quran, Ifa And The Bible By Abdulrazaq O Hamzat by chiedu7: 7:36am On Jul 05, 2019
bilms:
Quran, Ifa and the Bible
By Abdulrazaq O Hamzat

Abdulrazaq O Hamzat
The devil na counterfeit master

5 Likes

Re: Quran, Ifa And The Bible By Abdulrazaq O Hamzat by MorataFC: 7:36am On Jul 05, 2019
aremuforlife:
There are lots of ODU in IFA that relate to some stories in both Quran and Bibles.
It is just that we don't want to believe anything from IFA because of the belief that it's is idol Worship.
There is an odu that when it appear the people there either Christian or Muslim will shout Hallelujah or Allahu Akba
Oga ifa is an idol

2 Likes

Re: Quran, Ifa And The Bible By Abdulrazaq O Hamzat by helinues: 7:37am On Jul 05, 2019
And we are yet to see a lady given birth without be nacked ever since Mary's case.. Same as Noah's case... Same as Moses division of the sea.

Hmmmmm

1 Like

Re: Quran, Ifa And The Bible By Abdulrazaq O Hamzat by Nobody: 7:37am On Jul 05, 2019
Please don't drag the holy Bible to your nonsense

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Quran, Ifa And The Bible By Abdulrazaq O Hamzat by Nobody: 7:38am On Jul 05, 2019
All 3 versions are fairytales. They had sex. Joseph and mary went for a census according to the story( or they ran away after nacks).
Re: Quran, Ifa And The Bible By Abdulrazaq O Hamzat by Nobody: 7:41am On Jul 05, 2019
Joromi12:
All 3 versions are fairytales. They had sex. Joseph and mary went for a census according to the story( or they ran away after nacks).
so the wall of Jericho was a fairytale? Even Israelites and Egyptians was a fairytale?

Iraq(Babylon) and the prophecies are also fairytale?

I know you think science is everything and life is all there's, let me tell you I was once an atheist like you, I know everything about atheism and all the counter arguments.

Believe me, there is something spiritual in this world

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Quran, Ifa And The Bible By Abdulrazaq O Hamzat by olagbola45(m): 7:42am On Jul 05, 2019
Ifa olokun asoro dayo atun ori eni ti o sunwo shey.....

Some imam,pastors use to worship iffa at d back but will b d leader in d church and mosque...wot did i know.....some say d same thing is in d 3 books only differences in meaning and traslation...wot did i know

5 Likes

Re: Quran, Ifa And The Bible By Abdulrazaq O Hamzat by Benekruku(m): 7:43am On Jul 05, 2019
Ejiogbe, Ejiogbe, Ejiogbe. Mo be yin, kiegbe mi ki'mi niyi, ki e egbe mi ki'mi n'ola, ifakifa kiini'yi koja Ejiogbe.

The Supporter, the Supporter, the Supporter.I beg you, be with me that I may have honor, be with me that I may have respect, there is no Odu more honored and respected than the Supporter.

Ejiogbe ni Baba - gbogbo won.

The Supporter is the Father of all Odu.

Ki gbogbo eniyan kaakiri agbaye gbarajo, kiwon maa gbe'mi n'ija, kiegbe mi leke ota. Ki nle'ke odi.

Let all those in the world gather to help me, through my difficulties, to defeat my enemies. Raise me above all misfortune in my lifetime.

Kiemaa gbe'mi n'ija kiemaa gbe mi leke isoro lojo gbogbo ni gbogbo ojo aye mi.

Forever raise me above all misfortune that might come my way.

Kiemaa gbe ire ko mi nigbabogbo tabi kiemaagbe fun mi. Ase.

Always bring me good fortune. May it be so.

Ire,

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Quran, Ifa And The Bible By Abdulrazaq O Hamzat by ScotMisile: 7:43am On Jul 05, 2019
The Bible does not ever mention Anything Islam or ifa, but these pipu keep involving our Bible.. .... because they know they are fake. . The truth is strong enough to stand on its own without referrals.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Quran, Ifa And The Bible By Abdulrazaq O Hamzat by Kingsaeedibn: 7:44am On Jul 05, 2019
How can you compare such thing?

Why can't you leave other stuff written by man and Jinn and focus on quran?

And what exactly do you want to gain here?

You want to use IFA and bible to claim Quran is authentic or what??

What are doing is seriously wrong..

Last time umar did such.. Rosul was very angry at him..

It's people like you that later cram IFA and bible and use it to do Dawah.. Something that is bidiah

4 Likes

Re: Quran, Ifa And The Bible By Abdulrazaq O Hamzat by Blogfarms: 7:45am On Jul 05, 2019
I don't know about the Ifa own o
All I know is there is alot of similarities between Islam and Christianity.
Ifa to me is not an idol or evil necessarily..it worked for them in the past.. People just abused it.. Just like some people abuse Islam and Christianity this days..
The story might be true though.. Ifa has existed for ages before Islam and Christianity came to Nigeria... Good morning mates

8 Likes

Re: Quran, Ifa And The Bible By Abdulrazaq O Hamzat by sonofElElyon: 7:45am On Jul 05, 2019
You are incoherent..
The census was when Mary was already about to deliver Jesus..

Joromi12:

1 Like

Re: Quran, Ifa And The Bible By Abdulrazaq O Hamzat by Mzee1Kahuna(m): 7:45am On Jul 05, 2019
Lol.
Who-will-copy-your-storyBook?
Old-testamen-was-written-by-whom?
Excaperx:
the Quran Muslims used is just a copy of the Bible and the nonsense Mohammed wrote to join it

3 Likes

Re: Quran, Ifa And The Bible By Abdulrazaq O Hamzat by gaventa: 7:46am On Jul 05, 2019
God is too Big to be worshipped in just one Way. Do whatever you think is right

11 Likes

Re: Quran, Ifa And The Bible By Abdulrazaq O Hamzat by Kingluqman(m): 7:48am On Jul 05, 2019
Ela wori
Baa femo loju arina

grin

4 Likes

Re: Quran, Ifa And The Bible By Abdulrazaq O Hamzat by Nobody: 7:48am On Jul 05, 2019
Excaperx:
so the wall of Jericho was a fairytale? Even Israelites and Egyptians was a fairytale?

Iraq(Babylon) and the prophecies are also fairytale?

I know you think science is everything and life is all there's, let me tell you I was once an atheist like you, I know everything about atheism and all the counter arguments.

Believe me, there is something spiritual in this world
can u tell us the name of the Pharoah in the bible Wasn't mentioned because they knew Egyptians had records

2 Likes

Re: Quran, Ifa And The Bible By Abdulrazaq O Hamzat by Nobody: 7:49am On Jul 05, 2019
sonofElElyon:
You are incoherent..
The census was when Mary was already about to deliver Jesus..

to cover up their fornication they could not born in their city

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Ooni Of Ife And His Olori At A Royal Dinner / Popular Masquerades In Nigeria / Osun State Anthem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.