Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,331 members, 7,808,105 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:18 AM

Sdp Throws Its Weight Behind Gbajabiamila’s Choice Of Minority Principal Officer - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sdp Throws Its Weight Behind Gbajabiamila’s Choice Of Minority Principal Officer (10588 Views)

NASS Leadership: 2 Governors, Principal Officer Fingered In Zoning List Mess / Lawmakers-Elect Of Minority Parties Setup Committee For Consensus Candidate / Ogun 2019: Ladi Adebutu's Supporters Throw Weight Behind Dapo Abiodun - Thisday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sdp Throws Its Weight Behind Gbajabiamila’s Choice Of Minority Principal Officer by bellachibaby(f): 3:26pm On Jul 04, 2019
The House had erupted into a rowdy session yesterday when the speaker announced a different set of names as against that which was sent to him by the major opposition party in the house.

The Social Democratic Party (SDP) says it is giving its full backing to the speaker’s announcement on his choice of principal minority officers.

The position of SDP was made known in a telephone interview with Newsmen on Thursday in Akure by its only member in the House, Hon. Tajudeen Adefisoye, representing Idanre/Ifedore Constituency.

Adefisoye, who explained that he and his colleagues in all the minority parties had reached an agreement on the choice of minority principal officers, said: “Therefore, we support the choice as announced by the speaker on Wednesday.”

“The names read by the Speaker on the floor of the House truly reflected the choices made by members of the minority parties.

“I speak on behalf of my party, the Social Democratic Party, which is one of the minority parties in the House.

“I want to make it clear that the names read on the floor of the House by the Speaker were the ones duly nominated and endorsed by myself and other colleagues in other minority parties,” he said.

Adefisoye described the new principal minority officers as very competent and responsible members whose reliability and moral standings the House could readily vouch for.
He also described the names sent by the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to the speaker as mere wishful thinking.

” The names sent to the Speaker by the PDP is null and void as far as we are concerned.

“The reality is that PDP cannot unilaterally decide on the issues of minority principal officers for all other minority parties.

“After all, PDP is just one party out of the multiple minority parties in the House,” Adefisoys said.

Read more here https://thickmatch.com/sdp-throws-weight-behind-gbajabiamilas-choice-minority-principal-officers/

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sdp Throws Its Weight Behind Gbajabiamila’s Choice Of Minority Principal Officer by ezebunafo(m): 3:34pm On Jul 04, 2019
I dont understand,so PDP believes we only have two parties in nigeria?APC And PDP? What of other minority parties ,dem no get say abi?

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Sdp Throws Its Weight Behind Gbajabiamila’s Choice Of Minority Principal Officer by Aminushehu996: 3:35pm On Jul 04, 2019
8years Facebook account for sale
Re: Sdp Throws Its Weight Behind Gbajabiamila’s Choice Of Minority Principal Officer by AsomArchitectNG(m): 3:36pm On Jul 04, 2019
Hmm it's well o all this our politicians ain't helping matters at all
Re: Sdp Throws Its Weight Behind Gbajabiamila’s Choice Of Minority Principal Officer by Wallade(m): 3:36pm On Jul 04, 2019
I wonder why Gbajabiamila chose to commence the 4 year term with more enemies and trouble in the house.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sdp Throws Its Weight Behind Gbajabiamila’s Choice Of Minority Principal Officer by Godful: 3:37pm On Jul 04, 2019
OK, good for them
Re: Sdp Throws Its Weight Behind Gbajabiamila’s Choice Of Minority Principal Officer by shevchenko(m): 3:38pm On Jul 04, 2019
I am sure this is Donald Duke SDP faction

Traitor
Re: Sdp Throws Its Weight Behind Gbajabiamila’s Choice Of Minority Principal Officer by helinues: 3:38pm On Jul 04, 2019
grin
Re: Sdp Throws Its Weight Behind Gbajabiamila’s Choice Of Minority Principal Officer by Godful: 3:38pm On Jul 04, 2019
let the politicians fight for themselves, they don't care about the masses
Re: Sdp Throws Its Weight Behind Gbajabiamila’s Choice Of Minority Principal Officer by ezebunafo(m): 3:39pm On Jul 04, 2019
Wallade:
I wonder why Gbajabiamila chose to commence the 4 year term with more enemies and trouble in the house.
what trouble?he followed due process,PDP is not the only minority party in the house

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sdp Throws Its Weight Behind Gbajabiamila’s Choice Of Minority Principal Officer by Xisnin(m): 3:41pm On Jul 04, 2019
oky
Re: Sdp Throws Its Weight Behind Gbajabiamila’s Choice Of Minority Principal Officer by BerryAnny(m): 3:43pm On Jul 04, 2019
Let me balance my seat very well,opening a chilled Guinness with a well peppered Suya.
It seems the drama has been shifted from the Upper Chamber down to the Lower Chamber for the next four years.
Re: Sdp Throws Its Weight Behind Gbajabiamila’s Choice Of Minority Principal Officer by MrImole: 3:43pm On Jul 04, 2019
Nonsense par excellence!
Re: Sdp Throws Its Weight Behind Gbajabiamila’s Choice Of Minority Principal Officer by Xisnin(m): 3:43pm On Jul 04, 2019
ezebunafo:
I dont understand,so PDP believes we only have two parties in nigeria?APC And PDP? What of other minority parties ,dem no get say abi?
ezebunafo:
what trouble?he followed due process,PDP is not the only minority party in the house

You guys are quite funny.
Who cares if there are a million minority parties?
Politics is a game of number not sentiments.
Using shady tactics won't go well for Gbaja.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sdp Throws Its Weight Behind Gbajabiamila’s Choice Of Minority Principal Officer by nototribalist: 3:44pm On Jul 04, 2019
SDP a dead party that couldn't even win a village election

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Sdp Throws Its Weight Behind Gbajabiamila’s Choice Of Minority Principal Officer by visijo(m): 3:46pm On Jul 04, 2019
*Daughter :* _daddy, I want to go and do my homework in my Friend's house_

*Dad* : _sit down here and do your homework, your mum used to say the same thing when she used to come to me, don't let history repeat itself_

5 Likes

Re: Sdp Throws Its Weight Behind Gbajabiamila’s Choice Of Minority Principal Officer by mccoy47(m): 3:51pm On Jul 04, 2019
Lol. Paying PDP back in their own coin!

6 Likes

Re: Sdp Throws Its Weight Behind Gbajabiamila’s Choice Of Minority Principal Officer by hannysur8(m): 3:59pm On Jul 04, 2019
It is no more business as usual, every minority parties must have it say on this issue

2 Likes

Re: Sdp Throws Its Weight Behind Gbajabiamila’s Choice Of Minority Principal Officer by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jul 04, 2019
Aminushehu996:
8years Facebook account for sale

How much?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Airport Concession: FG Opens Up On FAAN Workers' Sack / Troops Eliminate 17 Terrorists In Borno / Varsity Lecturers, Zamfara Workers, Abia Doctors Celebrate Christmas Without Pay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.