Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,825 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:28 PM

71% Nigerians Have No Malaria Parasite Antigen,wasting Money On Drugs– New Study - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 71% Nigerians Have No Malaria Parasite Antigen,wasting Money On Drugs– New Study (27025 Views)

20 Million Nigerians Have Kidney Diseases - Nephrologists / Nigerians Have A Special Gene That Makes Them Happy - Researcher Claims / Nigerian Man High On Drugs Walks With His Head On The Ground (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 71% Nigerians Have No Malaria Parasite Antigen,wasting Money On Drugs– New Study by Yankee101: 6:48pm On Jul 04, 2019
Largely true.

Some of the symptoms is due to high blood sugar as a result of a lack of exercise. Your mouth is bitter, you feel sluggish, moody, lack of appetite etc. They assume it's automatically malaria without any tests and self medicate.

Try exercising if you check for malaria/typhoid and it's negative
Re: 71% Nigerians Have No Malaria Parasite Antigen,wasting Money On Drugs– New Study by Nobody: 7:04pm On Jul 04, 2019
Tell them.
Include antibiotics.
All join.

Even the malaria drugs work according to blood types.

An o positive shouldn't take the same anti malaria that a or b takes etc.

Anti malaria should be taken when ur body is vulnerable to mosquito bites etc u wanna travel to a mosquito ingested area.
When the thing don hit your body, some drugs shouldn't be taken again as they are just for prevention.
Re: 71% Nigerians Have No Malaria Parasite Antigen,wasting Money On Drugs– New Study by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jul 04, 2019
johnmattew:
stop wasting your money in antimalarial drugs

drinking moringa tea every money or at least 3 times a week prevents malaria....even replacing anti malaria drugs with moringa tea totally annuls malaria

trybut and thank me later

How can I get moringa tea, bro
Re: 71% Nigerians Have No Malaria Parasite Antigen,wasting Money On Drugs– New Study by johnmattew: 7:13pm On Jul 04, 2019
Tehila07:

How can I get moringa tea, bro
just get the leaves..boil it and drink it.. that's the tea in talking about

1 Like

Re: 71% Nigerians Have No Malaria Parasite Antigen,wasting Money On Drugs– New Study by Ishilove: 7:16pm On Jul 04, 2019
thorpido:
It's about self-medication and its bad effects.Many who have a fever and self-medicate with malaria drugs may not even have malaria fever (there are other causes of fever).
The article also talks about use of substandard drugs and the need for a proper diagnosis (through tests) before treatment of malaria.

How"ve you been?
Thanks. It is the 'antigen' word that got me confused and I was feeling too lazy to ask Google grin

I've been doing great. You've been quite scarce, doc.
Re: 71% Nigerians Have No Malaria Parasite Antigen,wasting Money On Drugs– New Study by Ishilove: 7:18pm On Jul 04, 2019
Yankee101:
Largely true.

Some of the symptoms is due to high blood sugar as a result of a lack of exercise. Your mouth is bitter, you feel sluggish, moody, lack of appetite etc. They assume it's automatically malaria without any tests and self medicate.

Try exercising if you check for malaria/typhoid and it's negative
What about us who have been having symptoms because we have been exposed to mosquitoes?
Re: 71% Nigerians Have No Malaria Parasite Antigen,wasting Money On Drugs– New Study by Nobally: 7:20pm On Jul 04, 2019
[quote author=PublicHealthNig post=79940177]
It could be recalled that on April 25, 2000 African heads of states met in Abuja.
/quote]

How many states do we have in Africa ? Is it up to 2000 or it's an error.
Re: 71% Nigerians Have No Malaria Parasite Antigen,wasting Money On Drugs– New Study by Angelfrost(m): 7:20pm On Jul 04, 2019
Aderewah:
In Nigeria, the solution for everything is malaria drugs. Even if you break your leg, malaria drugs go dey among your treatment. grin

Don't forget the Omnipotent "Ampiclox by Beecham"... Everybody na doctor here na.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 71% Nigerians Have No Malaria Parasite Antigen,wasting Money On Drugs– New Study by lailo: 7:31pm On Jul 04, 2019
thorpido:
Self medication no doubt increases resistance to treatment and the one that is worse is when the malaria is resistant,they convert it to typhoid. angry
hmmm iwe ko wo we.........lol
Re: 71% Nigerians Have No Malaria Parasite Antigen,wasting Money On Drugs– New Study by olawonder(m): 7:38pm On Jul 04, 2019
The study may have ignored one important detail about this alleged self-medication syndrome we hv in Nigeria; that, the drugstore owners are the main problem! Most of the ‘chemists’ are self-certified and open drugstores only to make money. And so when anyone visits to complain about symptoms they are suffering, they quickly prescribe some bogus medication that have been lagging in their stores for months! Anti-malaria drugs are nothing compared to antibiotics when it comes to pointless dosage of drugs in Nigeria, may God save us.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 71% Nigerians Have No Malaria Parasite Antigen,wasting Money On Drugs– New Study by pinkyruledworld(m): 7:49pm On Jul 04, 2019
Aderewah:
In Nigeria, the solution for everything is malaria drugs. Even if you break your leg, malaria drugs go dey among your treatment. grin
you just made my day

2 Likes

Re: 71% Nigerians Have No Malaria Parasite Antigen,wasting Money On Drugs– New Study by oziamaka: 7:54pm On Jul 04, 2019
Lachynos2k2:

Malaria infection is caused by the protozoa known as plasmodium vivax or plasmodium falsiparum while typhoid is caused by the bacteria salmonella typhi.
They are both not related in any way..
Pls be properly guided.
I was thinking aloud, how can malaria turn to typhoid? this is proper lie.
Re: 71% Nigerians Have No Malaria Parasite Antigen,wasting Money On Drugs– New Study by Horus(m): 8:00pm On Jul 04, 2019
Dry ginger powder is extremely beneficial for curing malaria due to the presence of active ingredients like gingerol and unique hydrocarbons. These compounds help in building your immunity and help you gain strength after a long lasting fever.

Re: 71% Nigerians Have No Malaria Parasite Antigen,wasting Money On Drugs– New Study by Josh44s(m): 8:28pm On Jul 04, 2019
thorpido:
Self medication no doubt increases resistance to treatment and the one that is worse is when the malaria is resistant,they convert it to typhoid. angry

Lmfao

Re: 71% Nigerians Have No Malaria Parasite Antigen,wasting Money On Drugs– New Study by AlexGoodman: 8:29pm On Jul 04, 2019
Counterfeit drugs production and circulation is a serious issue to fight.
Re: 71% Nigerians Have No Malaria Parasite Antigen,wasting Money On Drugs– New Study by saudatu(m): 9:03pm On Jul 04, 2019
johnmattew:
stop wasting your money in antimalarial drugs

drinking moringa tea every money or at least 3 times a week prevents malaria....even replacing anti malaria drugs with moringa tea totally annuls malaria

trybut and thank me later
Nice one.

1 Like

Re: 71% Nigerians Have No Malaria Parasite Antigen,wasting Money On Drugs– New Study by alexogbebor(f): 10:35pm On Jul 04, 2019
Everybody sharing their experience with the deadly malaria parasite causing havoc in Africa.

But has anyone taken time to understand why the foreign countries have no issues of malaria.

That is a topic to decipher.

May God help Africa and liberate us from the shackles of the whites
Re: 71% Nigerians Have No Malaria Parasite Antigen,wasting Money On Drugs– New Study by Monday60655(m): 11:12pm On Jul 04, 2019
Just wondering why human beings should such daft. I met a guy the other, he was said to be having headache. When I asked to enquire from him, he said that he suffering from this sickness which every African is plus one. I was surprised and asked which one is +1 for all Africa? Then he said oh you don't know, is malaria nah. I laughed and I tried to put him through as a medical personnel, he couldn't allow me to talk with his baseless belief.
Re: 71% Nigerians Have No Malaria Parasite Antigen,wasting Money On Drugs– New Study by Osarenoma1993(m): 11:30pm On Jul 04, 2019
please help a brother, i really don't know what is wrong with me. I have been feeling so weak, moody, sluggish, moody, bitter mouth and sometimes loss of appetite.

I went to a pharmacy close to my house and explaned exactly how am feeling to the pharmacist and he gave me some drugs and she said is malaria, she gave me rhema, amoxin or so, and paracetamol.

I finished taking those drugs is just as if i didn't take anything at all, sometimes i feel hot outside and cold inside; i was force to sell my Nokia phone to buy for 5k and went to another pharmacy and the woman said injection would be the best solution and she told me to bring 8k and pleaded for her 5k which she later agreed, i took the injection for 3 days.

After completing the injection i felt better, symptoms returned three days later, i have been thinking of going for a test but no money. My neighbor made lime and lipton tea for me to drinking, sometimes after drinking it my eyes will be turning me i don't know why.

Am confused i really don't know what to do, please i need help advice or whatsoever to get back to my feet
Re: 71% Nigerians Have No Malaria Parasite Antigen,wasting Money On Drugs– New Study by Nobody: 11:48pm On Jul 04, 2019
Fake drugs is something else in Nigeria.
Re: 71% Nigerians Have No Malaria Parasite Antigen,wasting Money On Drugs– New Study by Yankee101: 1:33am On Jul 05, 2019
Ishilove:

What about us who have been having symptoms because we have been exposed to mosquitoes?

That's why i say check via lab testing first. If you've been taking antimalarial and it's not working it's probably due to:
1. Fake drugs
2. Drug ressistance
3. Refusing to complete your medication anytime you feel better
4. Wrong choice of medication
5. Drug reactions when you mix certain drugs or food (like antimalarial and citric acid /oranges etc)

Sometimes if you grow resistant to the ACTs they might return you to the basic chloroquine.

Bit basically see a doctor for proper prescriptions amd a university trained pharmacist for drug interactions.
Re: 71% Nigerians Have No Malaria Parasite Antigen,wasting Money On Drugs– New Study by Yankee101: 1:34am On Jul 05, 2019
Osarenoma1993:
please help a brother, i really don't know what is wrong with me. I have been feeling so weak, moody, sluggish, moody, bitter mouth and sometimes loss of appetite.

I went to a pharmacy close to my house and explaned exactly how am feeling to the pharmacist and he gave me some drugs and she said is malaria, she gave me rhema, amoxin or so, and paracetamol.

I finished taking those drugs is just as if i didn't take anything at all, sometimes i feel hot outside and cold inside; i was force to sell my Nokia phone to buy for 5k and went to another pharmacy and the woman said injection would be the best solution and she told me to bring 8k and pleaded for her 5k which she later agreed, i took the injection for 3 days.

After completing the injection i felt better, symptoms returned three days later, i have been thinking of going for a test but no money. My neighbor made lime and lipton tea for me to drinking, sometimes after drinking it my eyes will be turning me i don't know why.

Am confused i really don't know what to do, please i need help advice or whatsoever to get back to my feet

Run a test for malaria/typhoid and blood sugar
Re: 71% Nigerians Have No Malaria Parasite Antigen,wasting Money On Drugs– New Study by Ishilove: 4:29am On Jul 05, 2019
Yankee101:

That's why i say check via lab testing first. If you've been taking antimalarial and it's not working it's probably due to:
1. Fake drugs
2. Drug ressistance
3. Refusing to complete your medication anytime you feel better
4. Wrong choice of medication
5. Drug reactions when you mix certain drugs or food (like antimalarial and citric acid /oranges etc)

Sometimes if you grow resistant to the ACTs they might return you to the basic chloroquine.

Bit basically see a doctor for proper prescriptions amd a university trained pharmacist for drug interactions.
This is depressing.
Re: 71% Nigerians Have No Malaria Parasite Antigen,wasting Money On Drugs– New Study by Ajibade123(m): 7:31am On Jul 05, 2019
wow this is cool..
see how you can start your own medical practice with this checklist https://explicitsuccess.com/how-to-start-a-medical-practice-checklist/
Re: 71% Nigerians Have No Malaria Parasite Antigen,wasting Money On Drugs– New Study by Psoul(m): 8:08am On Jul 05, 2019
olaolulazio:
And 79% of Nigerians dunno if they have or not because they don't have a doctor

Ngige said we have too many of them and any of them that feel like leaving the country should leave.
Re: 71% Nigerians Have No Malaria Parasite Antigen,wasting Money On Drugs– New Study by Jman06(m): 8:15am On Jul 05, 2019
olawonder:
The study may have ignored one important detail about this alleged self-medication syndrome we hv in Nigeria; that, the drugstore owners are the main problem! Most of the ‘chemists’ are self-certified and open drugstores only to make money. And so when anyone visits to complain about symptoms they are suffering, they quickly prescribe some bogus medication that have been lagging in their stores for months! Anti-malaria drugs are nothing compared to antibiotics when it comes to pointless dosage of drugs in Nigeria, may God save us.
Thank you!

Yet Nigerian government doesn't see the need to put a stop to the activities of these quacks! It's unfortunate that our politicians don't seem to know that drugs are not something to be taken just anyhow!

You hear them classifying drugs as 'safe' just on the basis of toxicity index, forgetting that no drug is really safe.

Most of the antibiotics that are no longer effective in Nigeria due to misuse are still very much effective in countries that understand the importance of controlling the use of these antibiotics. But Nigerian government think it is OK to continue misusing these drugs in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: 71% Nigerians Have No Malaria Parasite Antigen,wasting Money On Drugs– New Study by Ugosample(m): 8:28am On Jul 05, 2019
Dpharisee:
Malaria can actually be eradicated in Nigeria but if they do that who will buy the multi billion dollar malaria drugs meant for Nigeria market.
Just like recently Americans discovered that Pfizer has discovered a cure for Alzheimer's disease but refused to release it to the public, they released just a mixture that sufferers will continue to use to feel good.

The cure for HIV is also around but HIV management is a cash cow for western NGOs and even the UN. If they provide the cure they lose travelling and income from anti retroviral drugs angry

NHIS former Executive Director stated that patients under the scheme are given malaria drugs even when the cause of their constant headache is simply dehydration, when the treatment should have been just an advise from the GP for them to drink more fluid and take a rest and they will be fine but they will be asked to undergo lab tests which will always show malaria parasite for ALL patients that took the lab test.

wow shocked
Re: 71% Nigerians Have No Malaria Parasite Antigen,wasting Money On Drugs– New Study by IghravweIG(m): 3:05pm On Jul 05, 2019
Osarenoma1993:

You better run to a government hospital for proper diagnosis.
Re: 71% Nigerians Have No Malaria Parasite Antigen,wasting Money On Drugs– New Study by Osarenoma1993(m): 3:43pm On Jul 05, 2019
IghravweIG:
You better run to a government hospital for proper diagnosis.
there is no money that's the problem
Re: 71% Nigerians Have No Malaria Parasite Antigen,wasting Money On Drugs– New Study by Codes151(m): 4:52pm On Jul 05, 2019
Royal member! Dey your house!

Na Una papa be 97%

Tired of see negative news and shit about us! Why always allow these people insult us like this? Smh
Re: 71% Nigerians Have No Malaria Parasite Antigen,wasting Money On Drugs– New Study by Pascopele: 10:00am On Jul 12, 2019
Warri-09052990771
Michelle-08074598505
Zinny-08135137640
IghravweIG:

Where can one buy it.
08039137193-aNGELLINS
Opilover-09066308361

1 Like

Re: 71% Nigerians Have No Malaria Parasite Antigen,wasting Money On Drugs– New Study by PublicHealthNig: 12:39pm On Jul 29, 2019
Floryangel8:
Truth, I treated malaria continually and was still feeling aches until I went for expensive malaria drug. Most drugs out there are fake.
True

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nursing Mother Loses Her 3-Month-Old Baby At A Crèche / Syringe-manufacturing Company Packs Up, Cites Challenging Business Situation / FG Not Serious About Fighting Ebola –doctors, Nurses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.