Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,471 members, 7,808,695 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:32 PM

Ruga Ultimatum: We Will Hold Northern Governors Responsible – Ohanaeze - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ruga Ultimatum: We Will Hold Northern Governors Responsible – Ohanaeze (18107 Views)

Imo Killings: FG, Not Igbo Leaders To Be Held Responsible — Ohanaeze / What Is The Meaning Of 'ruga'? / Ruga Settlements For Herdsmen: Shehu Sani Reacts To FG's Plan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ruga Ultimatum: We Will Hold Northern Governors Responsible – Ohanaeze by samir101ng(m): 12:08am On Jul 05, 2019
@Benekruku is making a lot of sense. Approach the matter with logic and not sentiments. A valid point to be made here also is the co constitutional rights of all citizens to live anywhere in the federation regardless of state of origin. If an Urhobo man decides to relocate and buy land in Kebbi to start a fishery business, he is legally entitled to. Same thing for a Kanuri man that wants to go to Ekiti and start a perfume shop. Both are Nigerians and can buy land and settle in any state. Once, you start chasing or driving away a certain ethnic group because of one issue or the other, it almost always attracts a reciprocal response.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ruga Ultimatum: We Will Hold Northern Governors Responsible – Ohanaeze by Benekruku(m): 12:13am On Jul 05, 2019
samir101ng:
@Benekruku is making a lot of sense. Approach the matter with logic and not sentiments. A valid point to be made here also is the co constitutional rights of all citizens to live anywhere in the federation regardless of state of origin. If an Urhobo man decides to relocate and buy land in Kebbi to start a fishery business, he is legally entitled to. Same thing for a Kanuri man that wants to go to Ekiti and start a perfume shop. Both are Nigerians and can buy land and settle in any state. Once, you start chasing or driving away a certain ethnic group because of one issue or the other, it almost always attracts a reciprocal response.

100/100

2 Likes

Re: Ruga Ultimatum: We Will Hold Northern Governors Responsible – Ohanaeze by Nobody: 12:17am On Jul 05, 2019
Benekruku:
If I want to be fair and go by the recommendations of those that antagonised my humble and honourable self when I was in support of RUGA,

I will clearly state that the Ultimatum is well deserved. Many quoted me on Nairaland saying "RUGA should be done up North ONLY". Fine! And now they are also telling you to go trade in your region. Anybody that needs your product would come and buy in your region.

I think its fair with all honesty. If a Fulani or Hausa man is limited to trade in certain parts of the country, then I think other tribes should be limited to trading in there own region too.

I feel does that came for head when I was supporting RUGA can now find a better resolution to the impending doom that stares at us at present.

The English people call it "Tit for Tat"
Warri people call it "Do me, I do you"
Men call it "An eye for an eye"
are you okay Mr man?

7 Likes

Re: Ruga Ultimatum: We Will Hold Northern Governors Responsible – Ohanaeze by Benekruku(m): 12:19am On Jul 05, 2019
matex97:
are you okay Mr man?

Keep asking while reality is staring at you.

Still be analysing issues like men from the past.

Proffering 0
Antagonising 100/100

1 Like

Re: Ruga Ultimatum: We Will Hold Northern Governors Responsible – Ohanaeze by Nobody: 12:22am On Jul 05, 2019
samir101ng:
@Benekruku is making a lot of sense. Approach the matter with logic and not sentiments. A valid point to be made here also is the co constitutional rights of all citizens to live anywhere in the federation regardless of state of origin. The Urhobo man decides to relocate and buy land in Kebbi to start a fishery business, he is legally entitled to. Same thing for a Kanuri man that wants to go to Ekiti and start a perfume shop. Both are Nigerians and can buy land and settle in any state. Once, you start chasing or driving away a certain ethnic group because of one issue or the other, it almost always attracts a reciprocal response.
Hear yourself mr man. The Urhobo man you used as an analogy bought a land and other things to start his business himself not the RUGA Buhari intends to do by providing all things needed by hersdmen including land and others . No alarm will be raised in the South if hersdmen decide to buy land and build ranches

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ruga Ultimatum: We Will Hold Northern Governors Responsible – Ohanaeze by Benekruku(m): 12:25am On Jul 05, 2019
matex97:
Hear yourself mr man. The Urhobo man you used as an analogy bought a land and other things to start his business himself not the RUGA Buhari intends to do by providing all things needed by hersdmen including land and others . No alarm will be raised in the South if hersdmen decide to buy land and build ranches

Are you reading what you composing?

So its because FG wants to buy them, that why it was shot down?

Please! Lets make sense here.

1 Like

Re: Ruga Ultimatum: We Will Hold Northern Governors Responsible – Ohanaeze by Nobody: 12:33am On Jul 05, 2019
Benekruku:

Are you reading what you composing?

So its because FG wants to buy them, that why it was shot down?

Please! Lets make sense here.
You are the one that needs to make sense here

Tell me one business enterprise in which all the inputs that was used to commence its operation was solely financed by the FG. Please name just one

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ruga Ultimatum: We Will Hold Northern Governors Responsible – Ohanaeze by Nobody: 12:35am On Jul 05, 2019
samir101ng:
Shut up. Why did you abokis arrest non-Muslims who were publicly eating during the last Ramadan? Why can't we sell beer in the north?

Don't let me descend on you this midnight.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ruga Ultimatum: We Will Hold Northern Governors Responsible – Ohanaeze by Benekruku(m): 12:38am On Jul 05, 2019
matex97:
You are the one that needs to make sense here

Tell me one business enterprise in which all the inputs that was used to commence its operation was solely financed by the FG. Please name just one

You not making point here.

So because the FG wanted to give input, that's why it was rejected? Right!

Even when it was glaring to all that their trade had been hijacked by criminals and several conflicts arising between them and farmers, which has been a threat to National Security.

Please what are you saying. Hit the nail on the head. Because FG water to sponsor a resolution right?

1 Like

Re: Ruga Ultimatum: We Will Hold Northern Governors Responsible – Ohanaeze by Benekruku(m): 12:39am On Jul 05, 2019
stefanbanach:
Shut up. Why did you abokis arrest non-Muslims who were publicly eating during the last Ramadan? Why can't we sell beer in the north?

Don't let me descend on you this midnight.

The religious card again!

Please, dont you guys have any point to make without introducing religion or tribe?7

Damn! Am sorry but you suck! Fvck!

1 Like

Re: Ruga Ultimatum: We Will Hold Northern Governors Responsible – Ohanaeze by Nobody: 12:43am On Jul 05, 2019
Benekruku:

The religious card again!

Please, dont you guys have any point to make without introducing religion or tribe?7

Damn! Am sorry but you suck! Fvck!
it is okay for you to use religious sentiments to restrict non-Muslims in your land but I cannot use emotional and tribal sentiments to restrict you in my land. You're not even intelligent to recognise your own hypocrisy.

No land for you Blood-sucking demons In SS and SE. If you chase my people from the north, Be prepared to receive the millions of beggars and shoe menders from the south.

We've tolerated and endured you Parasites enough.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ruga Ultimatum: We Will Hold Northern Governors Responsible – Ohanaeze by Benekruku(m): 12:45am On Jul 05, 2019
stefanbanach:
it is okay for you to use religious sentiments to restrict non-Muslims in your land but I cannot use emotional and tribal sentiments to restrict you in my land. You're not even intelligent to recognise your own hypocrisy.

No land for you Blood-sucking demons In SS and SE. If you chase my people from the north, Be prepared to receive the millions of beggars and shoe menders from the south.

This card as never made you right.

What makes you think am a Muslim and a Northerner? Cos I try to be logical and unbiased?

Please lets end this discussion. Please!

1 Like

Re: Ruga Ultimatum: We Will Hold Northern Governors Responsible – Ohanaeze by Nobody: 12:45am On Jul 05, 2019
Benekruku:

You not making point here.

So because the FG wanted to give input, that's why it was rejected? Right!

Even when it was glaring to all that their trade had been hijacked by criminals and several conflicts arising between them and farmers, which has been a threat to National Security.

Please what are you saying. Hit the nail on the head. Because FG water to sponsor a resolution right?
Are you aware that even some northerners are not in support of this RUGA of a thing . They are of the opinion that it will create more problems in the South rather than eradicate it

Bro I want you to look at it from a neutral mind not from an APC-apologetic mind

5 Likes

Re: Ruga Ultimatum: We Will Hold Northern Governors Responsible – Ohanaeze by Nobody: 12:48am On Jul 05, 2019
Benekruku:

What makes you think am a Muslim and a Northerner? Cos I try to be logical and unbiased?

I don't care if you're a Muslim or a northerner or not..... I know that you and several Blood-sucking demons from the Fulani extract and yoruba Muslims will read this.

No land in the south for murderers. Do your worst.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ruga Ultimatum: We Will Hold Northern Governors Responsible – Ohanaeze by Benekruku(m): 12:51am On Jul 05, 2019
matex97:
Are you aware that even some northerners are not in support of this RUGA of a thing .
Yes! I detailed it. Its expensive for them. They want to maintain open grazing which is what is causing havoc.

They are of the opinion that it will create more problems in the South rather than eradicate it.

What do we have State Governors for please? Lands can be leased to this guys and even a task force formed to monitor their activities. Let me tell you the truth. The resolution was not weighed because of political; hate, religious and tribal differences. Thats why everyone could not come to the round table.

Bro I want you to look at it from a neutral mind not from an APC-apologetic mind

Sincerely, I am. You think I enjoy people dying.
Re: Ruga Ultimatum: We Will Hold Northern Governors Responsible – Ohanaeze by Nobody: 12:52am On Jul 05, 2019
Benekruku:

I guess been unbiased now has a new meaning.

1 Like

Re: Ruga Ultimatum: We Will Hold Northern Governors Responsible – Ohanaeze by countryfive: 12:52am On Jul 05, 2019
Benekruku:

If the motives of the FG cant be trusted, cant state governors counter it with favourable terms and conditions?

I hope you read my points during RUGA debates on Nairaland. Ths issue was just politicised. Hate and tribal bigotry blocked many thinking faculties. But like the adage will say, "If you say peace is too expensive, then be ready to buy war".

Matter was never approached logically and their was never a will or intent to even weigh the option by Southern governors. Not even for the sake of National Security and peace.

Well, that's your opinion but as for me , it's a no no for d Riga initiative.
Re: Ruga Ultimatum: We Will Hold Northern Governors Responsible – Ohanaeze by mpianya39(m): 12:53am On Jul 05, 2019
stefanbanach:

including the one doing security work here

Nonsense angry angry angry

3 Likes

Re: Ruga Ultimatum: We Will Hold Northern Governors Responsible – Ohanaeze by Nobody: 12:59am On Jul 05, 2019
alexvatt:
These Igbo people again, can't they trade in their own region? Must they live everywhere in the world? What are they still doing in the North?

When you think forward, you also think backwards; that's when you can objectively evaluate situations. If you're saying the Igbos should only trade in their region, what do you say of the Fulanis and Hausa people who are scattered everywhere in the country?
Re: Ruga Ultimatum: We Will Hold Northern Governors Responsible – Ohanaeze by ahaz: 1:00am On Jul 05, 2019
Benekruku:

Nice composition!

This is 2019 and a lot of things have changed. I told someone on this forum that nothing is too expensive for peace to reign and in the interest of National security. They let all hell lose "WITHOUT" proffering a fair and more logical resolution to counter RUGA. Insults and tantrums they could only offer.

So as of date, I 100% buy the ultimatum the Northerners are dishing, if am to be fair and real. I will play same card too in business or any aspect of life.

I go to the North and buy beef, And they come to the South and buy motor parts. That applies to every other commodity. #SIMPLE

That was what was proposed, and now they have it. Am just pained some groups from the South are already shouting foul play.
you forget to add that the south can keep there oil too,after all is the same tit for tat like you guys called it.

1 Like

Re: Ruga Ultimatum: We Will Hold Northern Governors Responsible – Ohanaeze by 9jabull: 1:13am On Jul 05, 2019
The 30 days has started counting, if the northern youth didn't execute their threats then shame to them.

6 Likes

Re: Ruga Ultimatum: We Will Hold Northern Governors Responsible – Ohanaeze by Nobody: 6:18am On Jul 05, 2019
Benekruku:

You reason like Prophet Muhammad the spiritual leader of Boko Haram, alqaeda, alshabab, Taliban etc

Get this into your fvcking skull, there is no land for Ruga settlements in the Southern Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Ruga Ultimatum: We Will Hold Northern Governors Responsible – Ohanaeze by mushystuff: 6:26am On Jul 05, 2019
samir101ng:

The bold part is the major point and cause for concern. Why the FG hell-bent on establishing private cattle rearing business using public funds 90% of which are sourced form the South? Then to further worsen the injury, FG wants to achieve national spread of a purely private business and then the crazies further threaten that implementation must be nationwide and not even the originally conceived voluntary participation of states. What nonsense is that?

Meanwhile, nothing is being said of victims and survivors of the herdsmen attacks, no compensation, their lands are occupied with their properties destroyed. Where is the justice? Why should criminals be rewarded?

12 Likes

Re: Ruga Ultimatum: We Will Hold Northern Governors Responsible – Ohanaeze by nams77: 6:53am On Jul 05, 2019
Benekruku:

I like the way you spoke. You fair.

Let everybody go back to his region.

Equality for all.
Lets push it further...every region should control their resources too!

I really don't like responding to you and this will be the first and the last one.

Cc: stefanbanach

5 Likes

Re: Ruga Ultimatum: We Will Hold Northern Governors Responsible – Ohanaeze by Benekruku(m): 7:24am On Jul 05, 2019
mushystuff:

The bold part is the major point and cause for concern. Why the FG hell-bent on establishing private cattle rearing business using public funds 90% of which are sourced form the South? Then to further worsen the injury, FG wants to achieve national spread of a purely private business and then the crazies further threaten that implementation must be nationwide and not even the originally conceived voluntary participation of states. What nonsense is that?

Meanwhile, nothing is being said of victims and survivors of the herdsmen attacks, no compensation, their lands are occupied with their properties destroyed. Where is the justice? Why should criminals be rewarded?

Hear yourself. Using public funds in the interest of National security and conflict resolution?
Re: Ruga Ultimatum: We Will Hold Northern Governors Responsible – Ohanaeze by Benekruku(m): 7:25am On Jul 05, 2019
FrMbaka:

You reason like Prophet Muhammad the spiritual leader of Boko Haram, alqaeda, alshabab, Taliban etc

Get this into your fvcking skull, there is no land for Ruga settlements in the Southern Nigeria.

You have no point to make. Religious and tribal bigotry is all you have to offer.

1 Like

Re: Ruga Ultimatum: We Will Hold Northern Governors Responsible – Ohanaeze by emae009(m): 7:31am On Jul 05, 2019
Benekruku:

Nice composition!

This is 2019 and a lot of things have changed. I told someone on this forum that nothing is too expensive for peace to reign and in the interest of National security. They let all hell lose "WITHOUT" proffering a fair and more logical resolution to counter RUGA. Insults and tantrums they could only offer.

So as of date, I 100% buy the ultimatum the Northerners are dishing, if am to be fair and real. I will play same card too in business or any aspect of life.

I go to the North and buy beef, And they come to the South and buy motor parts. That applies to every other commodity. #SIMPLE

That was what was proposed, and now they have it. Am just pained some groups from the South are already shouting foul play.

quick question? the "igbos" in the North when they relocated there, did they kill its host or did the Federal Government decide that for peace to exist, they should use public funds meant for the every Nigerian to buy land in the North; build hospital, school, market and other facilities for them or did the "igbos" like every other Nigerian buy land or shop with their own ppersonal money or through loan to settle??

8 Likes

Re: Ruga Ultimatum: We Will Hold Northern Governors Responsible – Ohanaeze by Benekruku(m): 7:33am On Jul 05, 2019
ahaz:
you forget to add that the south can keep there oil too,after all is the same tit for tat like you guys called it.

Sure! Marginalisation of trade will only degenerate to such level.

If people can't buy peace and unity, what else do you think athey will get?

When people are ready for resolution, what comes next?

Nothing coming can be new at this point. It was called for.

1 Like

Re: Ruga Ultimatum: We Will Hold Northern Governors Responsible – Ohanaeze by meccuno: 7:34am On Jul 05, 2019
Benekruku:

Its a welcomed Idea, but the political elites who are opportune to be in the fore-front to move motion, love Nigeria united

If due process is followed, Its a welcomed idea.
so that there would be peace and responsibilities. Nigeria is run as if the resources are meant to be spent any how.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Magu: UK Too Slow On Diezani… No Kobo Recovered From Her $2.4bn Loot / Kalu Lauds Buhari, Fashola, Lawan For ₦12 Billion Ohafia-Arochukwu Road / President Buhari To Attend APC Presidential Rally On Monday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.