Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,468 members, 7,808,669 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:10 PM

6.4 Magnitude Earthquake Hits Southern California - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / 6.4 Magnitude Earthquake Hits Southern California (15567 Views)

7.4 Magnitude Earthquake In Southern Mexico / 5.3 Magnitude Earthquake Hits Zagreb, Croatia (Photos, Video) / Earthquake hits Southern Iran near Nuclear facility (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

6.4 Magnitude Earthquake Hits Southern California by bencraigbritten2: 10:44pm On Jul 04, 2019
6.4 magnitude earthquake hits Southern California
A 6.4 magnitude earthquake rattled Southern California on Thursday July 4th.

This is the largest earthquake to hit the region in decades. The quake, which occurred at 10:33 am was centered in the Searles Valley, a remote area of Kern County about 100 miles from Los Angeles.

The quake was the largest in Southern California since the 1994 6.6 Northridge quake, which caused deaths and destroyed properties worth billions of dollars. Thankfully, today’s quake was located far from the metropolitan Los Angeles area.

Reacting to the tremor, Ava DuVernay tweeted: "Been living in Los Angeles all my life. That was the longest earthquake I’ve ever experienced. Not jerky. Smooth and rolling. But it was loooong. It was so long I thought for the first time ever “Is this the big one?” Damn. Respect Mother Nature. She’s the boss."

"I was in my kitchen trying to get some coffee and all the windows started rattling," said Emma Gallegos, a 34-year-old journalist in southwest Bakersfield. "It was just a little bit at first — I thought something was going by, and then I realized all the windows were rattling. It was kind of a long gentle roll and I felt two distinct waves."

Gallegos said that the dried chiles hanging from a hook on her kitchen wall were all shaking. "It was surreal."

Local emergency agencies have been flooded with calls, and officials urged that people only use 911 for emergencies.

"We are very much aware of the significant earthquake that just occurred in Southern California. Please DO NOT call 9-1-1 unless there are injuries or other dangerous conditions. Don't call for questions please," the LAPD said in a statement.

https://www.hotfrom9ja.com/2019/07/64-magnitude-earthquake-hits-southern.html

2 Likes

Re: 6.4 Magnitude Earthquake Hits Southern California by Miracle4Sure: 11:07pm On Jul 04, 2019
It is well

1 Like

Re: 6.4 Magnitude Earthquake Hits Southern California by aleeyus(m): 4:49am On Jul 05, 2019
Eya
Re: 6.4 Magnitude Earthquake Hits Southern California by ehis010(m): 4:50am On Jul 05, 2019
Abeg o. Not the carlifornia I plan on going to one day o

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6.4 Magnitude Earthquake Hits Southern California by vincijr(m): 4:50am On Jul 05, 2019
Nawao
Re: 6.4 Magnitude Earthquake Hits Southern California by saheedbadmus(m): 4:52am On Jul 05, 2019
omo meen.. i just pray we dont witness all this kind disaster here in 9ja o cos the disaster wey dey face self for 9ja too much (bokoharam--herdsmen---kidnappers--ritualists etc) God have mercy on the world in general..

10 Likes

Re: 6.4 Magnitude Earthquake Hits Southern California by Aposteli1(m): 4:53am On Jul 05, 2019
This world self wink
Thank God there's no casualty.
Re: 6.4 Magnitude Earthquake Hits Southern California by Glorylynn: 4:55am On Jul 05, 2019
Eyah
Re: 6.4 Magnitude Earthquake Hits Southern California by Sweetcollins: 4:55am On Jul 05, 2019
God help them
Re: 6.4 Magnitude Earthquake Hits Southern California by Ogurube: 4:57am On Jul 05, 2019
We felt the shock and aftershock here in the San Fernando Valley. All Nigerians here are reported to be unaffected. Thank God! smiley

4 Likes

Re: 6.4 Magnitude Earthquake Hits Southern California by Nobody: 5:02am On Jul 05, 2019

Re: 6.4 Magnitude Earthquake Hits Southern California by jaxxy(m): 5:14am On Jul 05, 2019
Even Americans don’t know exactly when a quake is coming bt atleast they are prepared for it.

7 Likes

Re: 6.4 Magnitude Earthquake Hits Southern California by englishmart(m): 5:19am On Jul 05, 2019
Reminds me of the movie 'Dan Andreas.

8 Likes

Re: 6.4 Magnitude Earthquake Hits Southern California by aolawale025: 5:22am On Jul 05, 2019
There used to be a way to predict quakes
Re: 6.4 Magnitude Earthquake Hits Southern California by Nobody: 5:24am On Jul 05, 2019
jaxxy:
Even Americans don’t know exactly when a quake is coming bt atleast they are prepared for it.
Actually they have limits. They couldn't see that coming under their nose... But mumu Nigerians will see them as perfect.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6.4 Magnitude Earthquake Hits Southern California by Eraddray(m): 5:27am On Jul 05, 2019
for where... make i no dial 911... i go dial am tire
Re: 6.4 Magnitude Earthquake Hits Southern California by pussyeater(m): 5:34am On Jul 05, 2019
We felt the effet in Lancaster. Scary

1 Like

Re: 6.4 Magnitude Earthquake Hits Southern California by wethebest(m): 5:42am On Jul 05, 2019
Hmmm
Re: 6.4 Magnitude Earthquake Hits Southern California by Monaco2(m): 5:52am On Jul 05, 2019
shocked
Re: 6.4 Magnitude Earthquake Hits Southern California by Denique(f): 5:57am On Jul 05, 2019
englishmart:
Reminds me of the movie 'Dan Andreas. [/b]

San wink

9 Likes

Re: 6.4 Magnitude Earthquake Hits Southern California by lonelydora: 6:02am On Jul 05, 2019
You see how blessed we are in this country? But herdsmen, bandits, kidnappers, gunmen, and APC won't allow us enjoy our country in peace.

My prayers are with them.

2 Likes

Re: 6.4 Magnitude Earthquake Hits Southern California by tyup(m): 6:05am On Jul 05, 2019
Eraddray:
for where... make i no dial 911... i go dial am tire

LMAO grin
Re: 6.4 Magnitude Earthquake Hits Southern California by Rexnegro(m): 6:12am On Jul 05, 2019
it's well
Re: 6.4 Magnitude Earthquake Hits Southern California by AbuuBilaal(m): 6:43am On Jul 05, 2019
These California people are just like lagosians. Is it by force to live in a city even when you're living in duress and discomfort?

Around 3-quarter of their lands is covered by mountains and forests. Even the little left is always threatened by hurricanes, earthquakes and other physical disasters.

As big as America it's only California they want to stay.

What do I know? There's money in California and there's many perverted and sex hungry people and laws there. Not many hate money and regular sex.

3 Likes

Re: 6.4 Magnitude Earthquake Hits Southern California by AbuuBilaal(m): 6:43am On Jul 05, 2019
WinningSun:

Actually they have limits. They couldn't see that coming under their nose... But mumu Nigerians will see them as perfect.

You get sense!

Many people don't know that science (in practice) is guided guess. Many times you need to interpolate data values to fill in voids, estimate values, choose samples instead of the whole population.

No scientist can tell you he has perfect knowledge. But our mumu Nigerians think science and scientists are perfect.

Well it's easy not to see imperfection if you are light-years behind intellectually, so I understand. If they were perfect why are they making improvements? Or does a perfect thing need improvement?

I'm a GIS Analyst and I work closely with researchers and organizations to solve problems.
Think!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6.4 Magnitude Earthquake Hits Southern California by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:48am On Jul 05, 2019
We thank God we don't have all these natural disaster in this part of the world.
Re: 6.4 Magnitude Earthquake Hits Southern California by calddon(m): 6:57am On Jul 05, 2019
post=79954621:
We thank God we don't have all these natural disaster in this part of the world.
our flooding nko?
Re: 6.4 Magnitude Earthquake Hits Southern California by Aidejay(m): 7:00am On Jul 05, 2019
See how the OP quoted Ava like it's not "Ava DuVernay" he/she is quoting
Re: 6.4 Magnitude Earthquake Hits Southern California by Cutezt(m): 7:03am On Jul 05, 2019
Qow
Re: 6.4 Magnitude Earthquake Hits Southern California by klever18(m): 7:06am On Jul 05, 2019
calddon:
our flooding nko?
them get flooding too

(1) (2) (Reply)

King Charles III Will Be Coronated On May 6, 2023. / US Carries Out Retaliatory Strikes On Iranian-linked Militia Targets In Iraq / Boris Johnson Quits Parliament Over Allegations Of Partying During COVID lockdow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.