Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,359 members, 7,808,245 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:20 AM

Governor Sanwo Olu Inspects The Largest Rice Mill In Nigeria. Pictures. - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Sanwo Olu Inspects The Largest Rice Mill In Nigeria. Pictures. (49000 Views)

David Umahi Inspects The Abuja-Kaduna-Kano Road / Governor Sanwo-Olu Inspects The Red Line Rail Project (Photos And Videos) / Sanwo-Olu Inspects The Removal Of Lekki Second Roundabout (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Sanwo Olu Inspects The Largest Rice Mill In Nigeria. Pictures. by asamwababy: 8:12am On Jul 05, 2019
deomelo:

Your evil wish won't materialize, other people are progressing, but this sad joker is wishing evil and negativity.

Your village governors haven't started or commissioned anything meaningful since independence even though they collect allocations and taxes on your behalf, but instead of worrying about your village with zero development, you are wishing evil..

No wonder why you people are always at the bottom of everything in Nigeria.

Are you happy with the state of Lagos.

This is the same path Ambode towed which led to the mess at hand.

Lagos is a state on Auto pilot due to its commercial activities which requires basically supervision and not a developing state.

You cant be publishing in the media road repairs, traffic decongestion and other mundane stuffs as achievement.These are our basic rights as citizens and tax payers.

We as a country cant grow this way if in 2019 we are still celebrating fixing of potholes.

1 Like

Re: Governor Sanwo Olu Inspects The Largest Rice Mill In Nigeria. Pictures. by undefeateds: 8:13am On Jul 05, 2019
lonelydora:
Nice move, Sanwo-Olu.

I don't know ooo, but my mind keep telling me that this Sanwo-Olu won't be a great governor at the end of his tenure. All these are initial gra gra. This is not me speaking but my mind speaking grin grin

Eko ni baje!
Exactly, ur mind is good at reading future

1 Like

Re: Governor Sanwo Olu Inspects The Largest Rice Mill In Nigeria. Pictures. by deomelo: 8:16am On Jul 05, 2019
[s]
asamwababy:

Are you happy with the state of Lagos.

This is the same path Ambode towed which led to the mess at hand.

Lagos is a state on Auto pilot due to its commercial activities which requires basically supervision and not a developing state.

You cant be publishing in the media road repairs, traffic decongestion and other mundane stuffs as achievement.These are our basic rights as citizens and tax payers.

We as a country cant grow this way if in 2019 we are still celebrating fixing of potholes.
[/s]

Don't derail the thread with irrelevant rubbish, the topic is about rice mill, start your ownn thread to talk about potholes.
Re: Governor Sanwo Olu Inspects The Largest Rice Mill In Nigeria. Pictures. by deomelo: 8:17am On Jul 05, 2019

Meet The 35 Year-Old Entrepreneur Who Owns Nigeria's 2nd Largest Rice Farm

I maintained 45,000 hectares for myself and today we have started producing, with our quality paddy being sold to major milling companies in Nigeria

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mfonobongnsehe/2016/06/27/meet-the-36-year-old-entrepreneur-who-owns-nigerias-2nd-largest-rice-farm/#29ba93264dd6
Re: Governor Sanwo Olu Inspects The Largest Rice Mill In Nigeria. Pictures. by 9jaRealist: 8:17am On Jul 05, 2019
goldust777:
Another white elephant project even as an APC lover this I know is just another avenue to divert funds for baba alaye tinubu.nigerian soil is not good for rice that is why most of our rice is imported from Asia.african rice like the popular ofada rice doesn't have high yield and is most burst open and wasted when ripen before harvest which why it is expensive.They tried to crossbreed our Asian rice with African rice it turned out to be a disaster as the new strain of rice had more characteristics of the local African rice low yield and wastage before harvest.That is why the so called buhari low cost rice is nowhere to be found today.So is sanwo planning to import the high yield Asian rice to process them in Nigeria or the poorly yielding African rice that the little harvest it yields can be processed easily manually or on a smaller scale.its simple it's another white elephant project to sway gullible Nigerians spending billions on projects not feasible economically

And lest we forget...
Nigeria is Africa’s leading rice producer (having overtaken Egypt).
>
Re: Governor Sanwo Olu Inspects The Largest Rice Mill In Nigeria. Pictures. by deomelo: 8:22am On Jul 05, 2019
9jaRealist:

grin grin grin

Abegi, I am too tired to educate folks this morning....

But please feel free to look up FARO 66 and FARO 67 Nigerian rice varieties (even NERICA)...
FARO 66 alone can yield up to 80 times more than its “parent” variety FARO 52, and both are “flood-tolerant”.
>

They go above and beyond to let us know how sad and pathetic they are because sensible and credible governors are doing what their useless and incompetent village governors cannot do..

2 Likes

Re: Governor Sanwo Olu Inspects The Largest Rice Mill In Nigeria. Pictures. by goldust777: 8:26am On Jul 05, 2019
9jaRealist:

grin grin grin

Abegi, I am too tired to educate folks this morning....

But please feel free to look up FARO 66 and FARO 67 Nigerian rice varieties (even NERICA)...
FARO 66 alone can yield up to 80 times more than its “parent” variety FARO 52, and both are “flood-tolerant”.
>
Go and find out what happened to nerica and how it failed.crossbreeding local strain with the Asian strain a complete disaster that was the cheap buhari rice that has disappeared because of lack of long-term sustainability and loss.no farmer wants to plant his crops at a loss
Re: Governor Sanwo Olu Inspects The Largest Rice Mill In Nigeria. Pictures. by Nobody: 8:26am On Jul 05, 2019
lonelydora:
Nice move, Sanwo-Olu.

I don't know ooo, but my mind keep telling me that this Sanwo-Olu won't be a great governor at the end of his tenure. All these are initial gra gra. This is not me speaking but my mind speaking grin grin

Eko ni baje!
As a (wo)man thinketh so is (s)he

1 Like

Re: Governor Sanwo Olu Inspects The Largest Rice Mill In Nigeria. Pictures. by Nobody: 8:29am On Jul 05, 2019
israelmao:
Ambode deserves a ministerial slot.
Why? Because he built a rice mill with govt money which he left uncompleted?
How's that novel?
Re: Governor Sanwo Olu Inspects The Largest Rice Mill In Nigeria. Pictures. by goldust777: 8:30am On Jul 05, 2019
9jaRealist:

And lest we forget...
Nigeria is Africa’s leading rice producer (having overtaken Egypt).
>
Government propaganda why didn't the government tell you we produced more rice than Thailand or China lolzz.egypt is a country located in the sahara desert for your geographic information.its like comparing cassava production in Nigeria to Sao tome and principe
Re: Governor Sanwo Olu Inspects The Largest Rice Mill In Nigeria. Pictures. by israelmao(m): 8:34am On Jul 05, 2019
Buckubuck:

Why? Because he built a rice mill with govt money which he left uncompleted?
How's that novel?
He did much more than that
Re: Governor Sanwo Olu Inspects The Largest Rice Mill In Nigeria. Pictures. by 9jaRealist: 8:36am On Jul 05, 2019
goldust777:
Government propaganda why didn't the government tell you we produced more rice than Thailand or China lolzz.egypt is a country located in the sahara desert for your geographic information.its like comparing cassava production in Nigeria to Sao tome and principe

And why don’t you tell me you are taller than Shaquille O’Neal?
You can be tall without being the tallest person alive, so until China and Thailand relocate to Africa, Nigeria is the largest producer. FACT!

Meanwhile, if it’s because Egypt is located in the Sahara desert...
What about all of the other many African countries in the rain belt? SMH
>
Re: Governor Sanwo Olu Inspects The Largest Rice Mill In Nigeria. Pictures. by Legalese(m): 8:39am On Jul 05, 2019
Lol. Just imagine your kind of thought process.. After you would wonder why your prayers are not being answered when you carry so much hate and animosity in your heart.
Excaperx:
What are igbos governors doing? Planting flowers
Re: Governor Sanwo Olu Inspects The Largest Rice Mill In Nigeria. Pictures. by 9jaRealist: 8:42am On Jul 05, 2019
goldust777:

Go and find out what happened to nerica and how it failed.crossbreeding local strain with the Asian strain a complete disaster that was the cheap buhari rice that has disappeared because of lack of long-term sustainability and loss.no farmer wants to plant his crops at a loss

I purposely put NERICA in brackets because I suspected you will jump on it - and unfortunately for you, you did... grin

There were NO genetic issues with NERICA (as you erroneously inferred in your first post). Most farmers soured on it for financial and other reasons, but there are still folks out there cultivating it until today, as it has more protein, is more pest resistant and higher-yielding.
>
Re: Governor Sanwo Olu Inspects The Largest Rice Mill In Nigeria. Pictures. by goldust777: 8:44am On Jul 05, 2019
9jaRealist:

And why don’t you tell me you are taller than Shaquille O’Neal?
You can be tall without being the tallest person alive, so until China and Thailand relocate to Africa Nigeria is the largest producer. FACT!

BTW, if Egypt is located in the Sahara desert...
What about all of the other many African countries in the rain belt? SMH
>
Read and learn education is a continuous learning process going to school and coming to argue without facts only shows ignorance if Nigeria was the largest producer is Nigeria exporting rice.research don't talk because you heard it somewhere that is why Nigeria is still under developed today.many people like you use the internet for Facebook,nairaland and believe many fake news you read why don't you visit FAO.org an organization under the wing of the united Nations for global food production and get information there instead of following propaganda fake news upandan and arguing for argument's sake
Re: Governor Sanwo Olu Inspects The Largest Rice Mill In Nigeria. Pictures. by Nobody: 8:45am On Jul 05, 2019
israelmao:

He did much more than that
Educate me pls
Re: Governor Sanwo Olu Inspects The Largest Rice Mill In Nigeria. Pictures. by Jeezuzpick(m): 8:46am On Jul 05, 2019
Drabeey:
I remember when Ex-governor Ambode kept having series of agreements with the Kebbi state government. He had this vision, not only his vision, he started the project... And now another governor is at the verge of making the vision a reality(even as 'unpally' as they are).

That is governing! Love or hate Lagos state, she is our pride.

btw, what is wrong with this one?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/9765135_picsart070506_16_40_jpeg068d3a5ad492f31dd45b786a517c2f12
Drabeey was here

He's doing his job watching ohher people's backs.
Re: Governor Sanwo Olu Inspects The Largest Rice Mill In Nigeria. Pictures. by goldust777: 8:46am On Jul 05, 2019
9jaRealist:

I purposely put NERICA in brackets because I suspected you will jump on it - and unfortunately for you, you did... grin

There were NO genetic issues with NERICA (as you erroneously inferred in your first post). Most farmers soured on it for financial and other reasons, but there are still folks out there cultivating it until today, as it has more protein, is more pest resistant and higher-yielding.
>
I thought APC E warriors was a myth till I met you grin. Even faro is a fantastic failure it's a good thing you even admit nerica has been high yielding in your dreams and we both know it's a failure even though you are here to protect the interests of your paymasters.simple website's like FAO.org an arm of the UN tasked on global food production will shed more light on the nerica rice project for people inquisitive enough to look it up and not salary earning E warriors like you that like to sway.innocent Nigerians with government propaganda
Re: Governor Sanwo Olu Inspects The Largest Rice Mill In Nigeria. Pictures. by israelmao(m): 8:47am On Jul 05, 2019
Buckubuck:

Educate me pls
Do research yourself.
Re: Governor Sanwo Olu Inspects The Largest Rice Mill In Nigeria. Pictures. by 9jaRealist: 8:51am On Jul 05, 2019
goldust777:

I thought APC E warriors was a myth till I met you grin

Quit deflecting, and free to search my posts on Nairaland...
Nonetheless, the fact that you think of this as a partisan political debate explains your irrational obduracy. Bye Felicia! cheesy
>
Re: Governor Sanwo Olu Inspects The Largest Rice Mill In Nigeria. Pictures. by Nobody: 8:55am On Jul 05, 2019
israelmao:

Do research yourself.
All I see is uncompleted projects
Re: Governor Sanwo Olu Inspects The Largest Rice Mill In Nigeria. Pictures. by KenModi(m): 8:55am On Jul 05, 2019
deomelo:

Your evil wish won't materialize, other people are progressing, but this sad joker is wishing evil and negativity.

Your village governors haven't started or commissioned anything meaningful since independence even though they collect allocations and taxes on your behalf, but instead of worrying about your village with zero development, you are wishing evil..

No wonder you people are always at the bottom of everything in Nigeria.

Which people; which village?? cheesy Do you even know where I am from in Nigeria or if I am even Nigerian at this very minute of writing?? grin Hope you know people from other countries do visit Nairaland as well?? cool

Oga my leg no go step that country in the next decade or maybe even more. Quite comfortable where I am. Thank you. Na just say motherland na motherland. You just can’t stop caring especially if you still have friends and extended family there.

That aside, na una wey dey inside Naija; inside d suffering wey no even get brain to see say APC na PDP and PDP na APC.

You guys who keep singing the praises of sycophants who see you as nothing but a means to enrich themselves and their families.

The governor you are praising are his children in Nigeria; no of course not why would they be, when their father who is a governor can easily send them to the best places in the world where they would be very very safe from all the hardship and suffering which you who is singing his praises here would face in your daily life.

My brother, you get brain, e go make sense if you use am.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Sanwo Olu Inspects The Largest Rice Mill In Nigeria. Pictures. by anonimi: 8:56am On Jul 05, 2019
9jaRealist:
Ahem...sorry to disappoint you...
But it’s still very much ALIVE and kicking! cheesy

For starters, you seem to MISUNDERSTAND what the “Eko Gas” project is. It is NOT a Lagos State government company or a direct investment project by the LASG. Rather, it is a POLICY project - to increase the usage of LPG as domestic fuel (instead of wood, kerosene, etc.) by Lagos residents. Accordingly, pursuant to the initiative the LASG partnered with PRIVATE companies like Oando, NIPCO, NAPGAS, Banner Gas, Chimons Gas, etc. In fact, the launching of the project by Fashola was done at an Oando (“O-Gas”) re-filing facility. The increasing use of LPG cooking gas by Lagosians suffered a slight set-back in about 2017 when there was an LPG Skid Plant explosion that led to the closing down of all such plants located in residential areas, but that temporary setback has been overcome and the ‘Eko Gas’ project is still very much alive. Eko Oni Baje!
>

You did not talk about how much money the state spent on this. Why

1 Like

Re: Governor Sanwo Olu Inspects The Largest Rice Mill In Nigeria. Pictures. by israelmao(m): 9:01am On Jul 05, 2019
Buckubuck:

All I see is uncompleted projects
The good is not always in sight for faultfinder.
Re: Governor Sanwo Olu Inspects The Largest Rice Mill In Nigeria. Pictures. by KenModi(m): 9:04am On Jul 05, 2019
9jaRealist:

When you get to the level of the US, UK and Canada, then your governors will not need to show you what they are doing with your tax monies to convince you to pay taxes (in a country where only civil servants and those under PAYE bother to do their own “jobs” of paying taxes).

Meanwhile, you have the world’s biggest self-promoter in the White House, with a Zombie-like “base” of deplorables (yes, I said it)...
Not to mention Rep. Greg Gianforte who body-slammed a reporter, and not only got praised by the Dotard President but was re-elected. SMH
>

Excuse me, I don’t live in the U.S. I live in a much better country where the politicians and the citizens do actually know what they are doing. Thank you.

And may I ask, how can you get to the level of the aforementioned countries, the U.S, U.K, Canada, e.t.c if rather than hold your public officers accountable, you sing their praises both on and offline for every little, tiny thing they do pertaining their offices which most time ought to be their responsibility??

Stop encouraging stupidity!
Re: Governor Sanwo Olu Inspects The Largest Rice Mill In Nigeria. Pictures. by Nobody: 9:05am On Jul 05, 2019
israelmao:

The good is not always in sight for faultfinder.
Since you can see the good. Mention them or stop quoting me
Re: Governor Sanwo Olu Inspects The Largest Rice Mill In Nigeria. Pictures. by 9jaRealist: 9:08am On Jul 05, 2019
goldust777:

Read and learn education is a continuous learning process going to school and coming to argue without facts only shows ignorance if Nigeria was the largest producer is Nigeria exporting rice.research don't talk because you heard it somewhere that is why Nigeria is still under developed today.many people like you use the internet for Facebook,nairaland and believe many fake news you read why don't you visit FAO.org an organization under the wing of the united Nations for global food production and get information there instead of following propaganda fake news upandan and arguing for argument's sake

I will leave the gutter of personal insults to you...
It shows someone who has nothing of substance to say or was merely poorly raised - or both! undecided

What exactly has being the largest rice producer in Africa has to do with self-sufficiency? Nigeria still imports rice because demand still outstrips local production. That’s not rocket science and one would expect that even a partisan shrill to,grasp such an elementary concept. By way of basic analogy, for a minute Nigeria was the region’s largest producer of cement but was still importing cement until continued investment in production (by Dangote, BUA, LaFarge, UNICEM, etc.) eventually caught up with and surpassed domestic demand. Even with maize, Nigeria is Africa’s largest producer (with South Africa a DISTANT second), but still imports maize. So, please understand the discourse.
>
Re: Governor Sanwo Olu Inspects The Largest Rice Mill In Nigeria. Pictures. by Nobody: 9:11am On Jul 05, 2019
KenModi:

Which people; which village?? cheesy Do you even know where I am from in Nigeria or if I am even Nigerian at this very minute of writing?? grin Hope you know people from other countries do visit Nairaland as well?? cool

Oga my leg no go step that country in the next decade or maybe even more. Quite comfortable where I am. Thank you. Na just say motherland na motherland. You just can’t stop caring especially if you still have friends and extended family there.

That aside, na una wey dey inside Naija; inside d suffering wey no even get brain to see say APC na PDP and PDP na APC.

You guys who keep singing the praises of sycophants who see you as nothing but a means to enrich themselves and their families.

The governor you are praising are his children in Nigeria; no of course not why would they be, when their father who is a governor can easily send them to the best places in the world where they would be very very safe from all the hardship and suffering which you who is singing his praises here would face in your daily life.

My brother, you get brain, e go make sense if you use am.
Chai!! See as as you finish the guy
Re: Governor Sanwo Olu Inspects The Largest Rice Mill In Nigeria. Pictures. by RillJ(m): 9:12am On Jul 05, 2019
Who planted the rice that will be 'milled' here?
Re: Governor Sanwo Olu Inspects The Largest Rice Mill In Nigeria. Pictures. by 9jaRealist: 9:16am On Jul 05, 2019
KenModi:

Excuse me, I don’t live in the U.S. I live in a much better country where the politicians and the citizens do actually know what they are doing. Thank you.

And may I ask, how can you get to the level of the aforementioned countries, the U.S, U.K, Canada, e.t.c if rather than hold your public officers accountable, you sing their praises both on and offline for every little, tiny thing they do pertaining their offices which most time ought to be their responsibility??

Stop encouraging stupidity!

With all due respect, I frankly do not care where you live...
You INTRODUCED the US into the discourse and thus the reference.

Meanwhile, we get to the level of those countries by (among other things) paying our taxes and, if knowing that the government is putting our taxes to good use encourages more people to meet their own civic “responsibility” of paying taxes, then such publicity is a GOOD thing. SMH
>
Re: Governor Sanwo Olu Inspects The Largest Rice Mill In Nigeria. Pictures. by goldust777: 9:23am On Jul 05, 2019
9jaRealist:

I will leave the gutter of personal insults to you...
It shows someone who has nothing of substance to say or was merely poorly raised - or both! undecided

What exactly has being the largest rice producer in Africa has to do with self-sufficiency? Nigeria still imports rice because demand still outstrips local production. That’s not rocket science and one would expect that even a partisan shrill to,grasp such an elementary concept. By way of basic analogy, for a minute Nigeria was the region’s largest producer of cement but was still importing cement until continued investment in production (by Dangote, BUA, LaFarge, UNICEM, etc.) eventually caught up with and surpassed domestic demand. Even with maize, Nigeria is Africa’s largest producer (with South Africa a DISTANT second), but still imports maize. So, please understand the discourse.
>

Mr APC E warrior you are back now tell me why you will claim to be a largest producer of a product you can't produce enough to export.And totally unknown on the world map as an exporter and producer of that product is there any sense in that.You keep exposing yourself more as a government sponsored E warrior more as you type.wow I'm so surprised il take note of your moniker I noticed it's a new moniker with no topics posted probably opened to fight people like me who open the eyes of Nigerians to government propaganda and white elephant projects like this
Re: Governor Sanwo Olu Inspects The Largest Rice Mill In Nigeria. Pictures. by Nobody: 9:23am On Jul 05, 2019
taxiappguy:

You mean Rice on!

Smile... Haba

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Pa Ikhide Regrets Protesting Against Jonathan / 20 AMCON Biggest Debtors' List: Ifeanyi Ubah, Jimoh Ibrahim, Kashamu, Others / Airforce Jet Lands Ganduje In Abuja, To Join Buhari For AKK Gas Project Flag Off

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.