Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,325 members, 7,808,092 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:03 AM

The End And Death Of Unofficial Whatsapp Has Come - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The End And Death Of Unofficial Whatsapp Has Come (5995 Views)

Whatsapp Is Trying Hard To Kill Unofficial Whatsapp / List Of Countries Where Whatsapp Has Been Banned / This New Pocket-sized Drone Has Come To Replace The Selfie Stick. (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The End And Death Of Unofficial Whatsapp Has Come by fineboynl(m): 7:54am On Jul 05, 2019
after the united states and huawei battles for data privacy issues.

WhatsApp have spend millions of dollars to developed Latest update to effect a ban on it unofficial app.

grin it seems that the end has finally comes for unofficial WhatsApp. despite the anti ban features from those unofficial WhatsApp and still WhatsApp is able to effect ban

5 Likes

Re: The End And Death Of Unofficial Whatsapp Has Come by GogetterMD(m): 7:59am On Jul 05, 2019
Can you try typing the text again, trying to be much more comprehensible this time around undecided

16 Likes

Re: The End And Death Of Unofficial Whatsapp Has Come by fineboynl(m): 9:11am On Jul 05, 2019
GogetterMD:
Can you try typing the text again, trying to be much more comprehensible this time around undecided
lol
Re: The End And Death Of Unofficial Whatsapp Has Come by timay(m): 12:14pm On Jul 05, 2019
fineboynl:

WhatsApp have spend millions of dollars to developed Latest update to effect a ban on it unofficial app.

grin it seems that the end has finally comes for unofficial WhatsApp. despite the anti ban features from those unofficial WhatsApp and still WhatsApp is able to effect ban

And the developers of those apps are sleeping ba?

Banning people is not the solution, but taking away the incentives that make people go for those third party apps. People love to add themes, tweak their apps to their taste and so on. If Whatsapp can add even half of those features on their official app, people won't use the third party apps again.

So banning is just a temporary fix. The developers will always update their app again to bypass those banning. IT is such a crazy world. If they have your time, their is nothing you can do to stop it.

35 Likes

Re: The End And Death Of Unofficial Whatsapp Has Come by Lefty500: 12:40pm On Jul 05, 2019
timay:

Banning people is not the solution, but taking away the incentives that make people go for those third party apps. People love to add themes, tweak their apps to their taste and so on. If Whatsapp can add even half of those features on their official app, people won't use the third party apps again.

So banning is just a temporary fix. The developers will always update their app again to bypass those banning. IT is such a crazy world. If they have your time, their is nothing you can do to stop it.

Exactly, I remember when Android was still in kitkat version, people were rooting their phones, just to add themes, network speed and fonts majorly, but when Android added these features traditionally, rooting of android phone has reduced. Then, I couldn't use an android phone without rooting, it was just too boring, same way I can't go back to using the original WhatsApp. lipsrsealed

25 Likes

Re: The End And Death Of Unofficial Whatsapp Has Come by timay(m): 12:46pm On Jul 05, 2019
Lefty500:

Exactly, I remember when Android was still in kitkat version, people were rooting their phones, just to add themes, network speed and fonts majorly, but when Android added these features traditionally, rooting of android phone has reduced. Then, I couldn't use an android phone without rooting, it was just too boring, same way I can't go back to using the original WhatsApp. lipsrsealed

God bless you my brother.

Rooting of Android phones is a perfect example.

Now most Android phones now come with features that you would have needed root access to aquire before.

people now change fonts , tweak their phone, add teams and almost all now come with OTA updates, so you don't need to root your phone any longer.

The practice of rooting Android phones died a slow and natural death.

WhatsApp can take a cue from that, not banning up and down, cos it won't work. Let them add those exciting features that makes those third party apps be in business, and those apps will die a natural death.

13 Likes

Re: The End And Death Of Unofficial Whatsapp Has Come by josh1st(m): 1:14pm On Jul 05, 2019
timay:

Now most Android phones now come with features that you would have needed root access to aquire before.

people now change fonts , tweak their phone, add teams and almost all now come with OTA updates, so you don't need to root your phone any longer.

WhatsApp can take a cue from that, not banning up and down, cos it won't work. Let them add those exciting features that makes those third party apps be in business, and those apps will die a natural death.
well said bro

4 Likes

Re: The End And Death Of Unofficial Whatsapp Has Come by Olanipekun1: 1:22pm On Jul 05, 2019
Lefty500:

official WhatsApp to me is a sin

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: The End And Death Of Unofficial Whatsapp Has Come by OneKinGuy(m): 1:43pm On Jul 05, 2019
timay:

I still root ma phone cool

1 Like

Re: The End And Death Of Unofficial Whatsapp Has Come by y3mi(m): 1:53pm On Jul 05, 2019
timay:
The developers will always update their app again to bypass those banning. IT is such a crazy world. If they have your time, their is nothing you can do to stop it.
@ bolded

Who are you calling developers and whose app are you referring to, the original owner or the third party tweakers ?

Developer(s) are payable professional programmers/coders, who can be hired t create an app or come together on their own to work on a app project, so stop calling modders (hackers who tweak already made stuff) developers.

I already commented on the WhatsApp issue here

2 Likes

Re: The End And Death Of Unofficial Whatsapp Has Come by abumeinben(m): 2:08pm On Jul 05, 2019
timay:

OP does know. Pirates are still working. if your app or software doesnt have pirated versions or something close to it, then your product is almost crap.

1 Like

Re: The End And Death Of Unofficial Whatsapp Has Come by MistadeRegal(m): 2:50pm On Jul 05, 2019
Just after an Unknown Nairaland Mod banned me, WhatsApp too banned me for using an unofficial app. Well, I ignored Nairaland's ban because I know the Mod is not aware I'm from the same tribe I fired at for them to wake up.

But then, I just uninstalled the expired GBWhatsApp V7 and installed V7.20. Now I'm back online.

My WhatsApp customization is too cool to me to uninstall and go back to that WhatsApp that only reminds me of Nigerian flag and it's awful government.

Mod, you can ban me again for that.

angry

9 Likes

Re: The End And Death Of Unofficial Whatsapp Has Come by SoftP(m): 4:09pm On Jul 05, 2019
D
Re: The End And Death Of Unofficial Whatsapp Has Come by 1zynnvn(m): 5:23pm On Jul 05, 2019
Anytime I use a modded WhatsApp I get temporarily suspended by WhatsApp, anyone has any tweak to bypass this, or has GB updated theirs...?
Re: The End And Death Of Unofficial Whatsapp Has Come by Sparekey(m): 7:15pm On Jul 05, 2019
MistadeRegal:
Just after an Unknown Nairaland Mod banned me, WhatsApp too banned me for using an unofficial app. Well, I ignored Nairaland's ban because I know the Mod is not aware I'm from the same tribe I fired at for them to wake up.

But then, I just uninstalled the expired GBWhatsApp V7 and installed V7.20. Now I'm back online.

My WhatsApp customization is too cool to me to uninstall and go back to that WhatsApp that only reminds me of Nigerian flag and it's awful government.

angry

Sorry for the mention.

Do you back up your chat before you uninstall or you just uninstall like that
Re: The End And Death Of Unofficial Whatsapp Has Come by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jul 05, 2019
MistadeRegal:

angry
I just got banned on version 7.20. Normal WhatsApp is very bad I swear. I just noticed I can't even download statuses from my contact.

4 Likes

Re: The End And Death Of Unofficial Whatsapp Has Come by WalkerMichael(m): 8:47pm On Jul 05, 2019
Olanipekun1:
official WhatsApp to me is a sin

I swear! Official whatsapp IS DEAD TO ME!

4 Likes

Re: The End And Death Of Unofficial Whatsapp Has Come by Mikeidumokhai12(m): 10:04pm On Jul 05, 2019
lol
Re: The End And Death Of Unofficial Whatsapp Has Come by MistadeRegal(m): 12:47am On Jul 07, 2019
Sparekey:

Sorry for the mention.

Do you back up your chat before you uninstall or you just uninstall like that

*Backup your messages.
*Go to File Manager and copy GBWHATSAPP.
*Paste in your SD Card.
*Uninstall GBWhatsApp.
*Install newer version.
During launching, it will discover your previous data.
*Just click on RESTORE FROM BACKUP.
That's all.
Re: The End And Death Of Unofficial Whatsapp Has Come by MistadeRegal(m): 12:48am On Jul 07, 2019
CHESTER48:
I just got banned on version 7.20. Normal WhatsApp is very bad I swear. I just noticed I can't even download statuses from my contact.

Until Official WhatsApp permits control to customize, they can till forever hold their app.
Re: The End And Death Of Unofficial Whatsapp Has Come by aezenkwu(m): 1:50am On Jul 07, 2019
Using an official WhatsApp is a sin to me. They should try giving us what the mods apps are giving to us. The first day I downloaded gbWhatsApp never near official WhatsApp again. Until last month I chopped a ban from them.

1 Like

Re: The End And Death Of Unofficial Whatsapp Has Come by Sparekey(m): 7:18am On Jul 07, 2019
MistadeRegal:

*Backup your messages.
*Go to File Manager and copy GBWHATSAPP.
*Paste in your SD Card.
*Uninstall GBWhatsApp.
*Install newer version.
During launching, it will discover your previous data.
*Just click on RESTORE FROM BACKUP.
That's all.

Thanks.

After copying to the SD Card. Should I delete the one in Internal memory?
Re: The End And Death Of Unofficial Whatsapp Has Come by MistadeRegal(m): 11:02am On Jul 08, 2019
Sparekey:

Thanks.

After copying to the SD Card. Should I delete the one in Internal memory?

You can.

But the very one you needed is already in your SD Card. It will contain several folders and files, namely your theme, media, backup etc.
That's the very one you should keep.
Re: The End And Death Of Unofficial Whatsapp Has Come by Sparekey(m): 12:59pm On Jul 08, 2019
MistadeRegal:

You can.

But the very one you needed is already in your SD Card. It will contain several folders and files, namely your theme, media, backup etc.
That's the very one you should keep.

Sorry for my stupid questions.. I thought when you download a new app that it will install on the internal memory?

How come I have to delete the one in the internal memory?
Re: The End And Death Of Unofficial Whatsapp Has Come by MistadeRegal(m): 1:08pm On Jul 08, 2019
Sparekey:

Sorry for my stupid questions.. I thought when you download a new app that it will install on the internal memory?

How come I have to delete the one in the internal memory?

Your questions are not stupid.
Base on the setting of your phone. In a case where the device is granted to decide where to install any app, it automatically select which memory will make the app run faster and better.

Whatsapp usually install on phone memory but its cache and data is saved in SD Card.

There is this File Manager I use, which is very good in handling this stuff.

Or better, check in your SD Card if it contains all the data of your WhatsApp, if it does, make a backup of it by copy and paste should in case you uninstall and lose all data, then uninstall the WhatsApp. After copying, and about pasting, if it says "Replace or Keep Both?" Select "Keep Both" before you uninstall the WhatsApp.
Some Apps delete all its cache and data when you uninstall, but my WhatsApp doesn't, so possible yours also may not. But it's better you make a backup, just in case.
Re: The End And Death Of Unofficial Whatsapp Has Come by Sparekey(m): 1:24pm On Jul 08, 2019
MistadeRegal:

Your questions are not stupid.
Base on the setting of your phone. In a case where the device is granted to decide where to install any app, it automatically select which memory will make the app run faster and better.

Whatsapp usually install on phone memory but its cache and data is saved in SD Card.

There is this File Manager I use, which is very good in handling this stuff.

Or better, check in your SD Card if it contains all the data of your WhatsApp, if it does, make a backup of it by copy and paste should in case you uninstall and lose all data, then uninstall the WhatsApp. After copying, and about pasting, if it says "Replace or Keep Both?" Select "Keep Both" before you uninstall the WhatsApp.
Some Apps delete all its cache and data when you uninstall, but my WhatsApp doesn't, so possible yours also may not. But it's better you make a backup, just in case.

Wow.. Thanks for this.

But I believe mine should be in the internal memory because I installed the WhatsApp first before inserting the Mcard.

But if am not asking for too much can I get the file manager name
Re: The End And Death Of Unofficial Whatsapp Has Come by MistadeRegal(m): 1:28pm On Jul 08, 2019
Sparekey:

Wow.. Thanks for this.

But I believe mine should be in the internal memory because I installed the WhatsApp first before inserting the Mcard.

Once you reboot, it will switch memory to SD Card.

It's name is 'File Manager' but red in colour. The best version is version 1.9.3.
Perhaps you can get it with that little info.

Got the name.
It's "Clean File Manager Version 1.9.3 for Android."

1 Like

Re: The End And Death Of Unofficial Whatsapp Has Come by Nobody: 5:35pm On Jul 08, 2019
there is no need for all this. Just install version 7.2. And avoid sending messages to so many contact at once. Read their guildline and you won't be blocked.
Re: The End And Death Of Unofficial Whatsapp Has Come by TheControversy: 11:43am On Jul 09, 2019
MistadeRegal:

angry
Nigerian flag ��
Re: The End And Death Of Unofficial Whatsapp Has Come by ImFortress(m): 1:31pm On Jul 09, 2019
Sparekey:

Wow.. Thanks for this.

try ES Explorer, I'll say it's the best file manager on android

1 Like

Re: The End And Death Of Unofficial Whatsapp Has Come by wabbyland(m): 4:17pm On Jul 09, 2019
It's very bad that WhatsApp can't add even half of the features on gbwhatsapp and other third party apps. Now I can't download easily on the original WhatsApp unlike the gbwhatsapp. I can't save some pics and do many other great things on this WhatsApp. I was forced to use the original WhatsApp because of the ban otherwise, I could've continued with my love affair with gbwhatsapp.
Re: The End And Death Of Unofficial Whatsapp Has Come by Ojoiszy(m): 7:18am On Jul 18, 2019
fineboynl:

Have you tried the tutorial on this post yet?
Try it you would be running again on GbwhatsApp in no time plus you won't lose a single chat

https://ojoiszy.com/switch-back-to-gbwhatsapp-from-whatsapp/

(1) (2) (Reply)

Airtel Plans To Block Android Users From Using Bis / Infinix Hot 4 Lite Or Tecno Spark K7. Which Is Preferable? / NEW!!! Tecno Boom J5 with the Awesome Android 5.1 Lollipop OS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.