Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,370 members, 7,781,028 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:41 AM

Two S/court Justices Upheld Sen. Adeleke’s Appeal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Two S/court Justices Upheld Sen. Adeleke’s Appeal (38819 Views)

Same Amadi: Adeleke's Appeal Of Tribunal's Decision Will Fail / "It's Not Over" - Atiku Reacts As Supreme Court Dismisses Adeleke's Appeal / Current Situation In Osogbo, Osun State Over Sen. Adeleke's Tribunal Victory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Two S/court Justices Upheld Sen. Adeleke’s Appeal by dre11(m): 11:09am On Jul 05, 2019
By John Chuks Azu

Two justices of the Supreme Court has delivered dissenting judgments and upheld Senator Ademola Adeleke as winner of the Osun governorship election.

Justices Adamu Galinje and Kumai Akaahs have held that Senator Adeleke scored the majority votes in the September 22 governorship election and fulfilled the constitutional requirement to be declared winner.

Justice Galinje held that nullifying the proceedings of the Election Petitions Tribunal on the grounds of the absence of Justice Peter Obiorah on only the proceedings of February 6th without a certified true copy of the original record of the proceedings tendered before the appellate court is “mere conjecture”

“The appeal is meritorious and has to be allowed. I allow the appeal and set aside the court of appeal decision,” Justice Galinje said.

For his part, Justice Akaahs held that the apex court should have narrowed its consideration on whether the appellant (Adeleke) scored the highest votes in the main election as provided by the constitution.

“I hold that there was no need for the rerun election and declare that appellant is the winner of the election and should be declared the winner,” he said.

Details soon…

Read more: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/update-two-s-court-justices-uphold-sen-adelekes-appeal.html

1 Like

Re: Two S/court Justices Upheld Sen. Adeleke’s Appeal by Uteghe(m): 11:13am On Jul 05, 2019
grin Minority will have their say,majority will have their way. Congrats Gov Oyetola. Wailers can reach for their tear buckets.

92 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Two S/court Justices Upheld Sen. Adeleke’s Appeal by tuniski: 11:22am On Jul 05, 2019
That is the beauty of it every justice gives basis for his/her decision. Clearly Adeleke won the election but, Oyetola won the trial. That Justice Obiora should just retire kawai.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Two S/court Justices Upheld Sen. Adeleke’s Appeal by NaijaOlosho(f): 11:23am On Jul 05, 2019
grin grin
Re: Two S/court Justices Upheld Sen. Adeleke’s Appeal by PrinceKevin01: 11:23am On Jul 05, 2019
Please bring me Big Brother 9ja News instead of our Political comedian. Need I say why?

Anyway, i will Build a Professional Logo or Company for your Product or Company For 1k. Offer valid today only. See my info below to to chat me up on WhatsApp
Re: Two S/court Justices Upheld Sen. Adeleke’s Appeal by Shelloween(m): 11:23am On Jul 05, 2019
Hmm
Re: Two S/court Justices Upheld Sen. Adeleke’s Appeal by KidsNEXTdoor: 11:23am On Jul 05, 2019
Justice system is dead in Nigeria

Buhari is a failure

20 Likes

Re: Two S/court Justices Upheld Sen. Adeleke’s Appeal by festacman(m): 11:24am On Jul 05, 2019
As an experienced jurist, the question is why should Justice Obiora absent himself instead of agreeing with other judges on the tribunal for a simple extra day adjournment. And having absented himself, why did he proceed to read the lead judgement, which referenced and relied significantly on the proceedings of the very he absented himself. It is simply mind boggling for a neutral but a melodious song to the ears of APC supporters. Jagaban the master strategist and Chief Olanipekun SAN the master 'legal technicalist' have done it again.

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Two S/court Justices Upheld Sen. Adeleke’s Appeal by Nobody: 11:24am On Jul 05, 2019
Apc
Re: Two S/court Justices Upheld Sen. Adeleke’s Appeal by madridguy(m): 11:25am On Jul 05, 2019
Go and play outside grin

KidsNEXTdoor:
Justice system is dead in Nigeria

Buhari is a failure

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Two S/court Justices Upheld Sen. Adeleke’s Appeal by Guzel: 11:25am On Jul 05, 2019
Chai
2 raise to power 0 is 0

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Two S/court Justices Upheld Sen. Adeleke’s Appeal by wizkidblogger(f): 11:26am On Jul 05, 2019
ok
Re: Two S/court Justices Upheld Sen. Adeleke’s Appeal by NORSIYK(m): 11:26am On Jul 05, 2019
Justice Obiora messed up big time
Re: Two S/court Justices Upheld Sen. Adeleke’s Appeal by OMOTOWO(m): 11:27am On Jul 05, 2019
Adeleke back to square 1.No more Adeleke in power.

2023 is around the corner. Try again

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Two S/court Justices Upheld Sen. Adeleke’s Appeal by Jobac: 11:28am On Jul 05, 2019
Uteghe:
grin Minority will have their say,majority will have their way. Congrats Gov Oyetola. Wailers can reach for their tear buckets.
Don't mind them, wailing wailers will not sleep throughout this weekend. It would have been an insult to the people of the State of Osun to see Ade Dancer in the Government House. He is not a serious person now.

I was just told that PDP is appealing the judgement at the ICC...Lol. Hopeless party with miserable members. I repeat, there shall be nothing left of PDP before the end of 2020.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Two S/court Justices Upheld Sen. Adeleke’s Appeal by Tajbol4splend(m): 11:28am On Jul 05, 2019
Uteghe:

Even though you know that Adeleke won that election

15 Likes

Re: Two S/court Justices Upheld Sen. Adeleke’s Appeal by Inflammatory: 11:28am On Jul 05, 2019
I hope DEMOCRACY is not in DANGER now. If it is in DANGER, let it be.
Liked by Buhari, Tinubu, PYO, and 100000 others.
Disliked by WAILERS across the bridge and some Camerounian refugee closer to the border, I won't mention their names.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Two S/court Justices Upheld Sen. Adeleke’s Appeal by koyeni(m): 11:29am On Jul 05, 2019
Ok
Re: Two S/court Justices Upheld Sen. Adeleke’s Appeal by JimohMomoh: 11:30am On Jul 05, 2019
2022 is not far again, let Adeleke try next time .
Osun first before party.

Am waiting for Prof Itse Sagay comment.

2 Likes

Re: Two S/court Justices Upheld Sen. Adeleke’s Appeal by Sonnobax15(m): 11:30am On Jul 05, 2019
These so-called judqes wanna have a taste of adeleke's money...but i trust my APC cha,because nothinq qo happen..
Re: Two S/court Justices Upheld Sen. Adeleke’s Appeal by Coolabbie: 11:31am On Jul 05, 2019
Livefreeordieha:
may the same fate visit u before ur demise in Jesus name... Ur understanding and tolerance will be put to test... The only problem is none of us that read ur crap will be there to question it..

Remember what goes around comes around..

NB I'm neither PDP nor APC... And the only reason I quoted u was because ur choice of words underscored ur existence..
See this herbalist.

Using Jesus name to sound legit.

Common get out.
Re: Two S/court Justices Upheld Sen. Adeleke’s Appeal by Bhol28: 11:32am On Jul 05, 2019
Crazy,lazy blogger,Was the appeal upheld or nullified.Hope u quack bloggers wont cause civil war with all these fake news u are spreading every minute.

3 Likes

Re: Two S/court Justices Upheld Sen. Adeleke’s Appeal by dadebayo1(m): 11:34am On Jul 05, 2019
grin
Re: Two S/court Justices Upheld Sen. Adeleke’s Appeal by omaigala(m): 11:35am On Jul 05, 2019
Re: Two S/court Justices Upheld Sen. Adeleke’s Appeal by Nobody: 11:37am On Jul 05, 2019
tuniski:
That is the beauty of it every justice gives basis for his/her decision. Clearly Adeleke won the election but, Oyetola won the trial. That Justice Obiora should just retire kawai.
HE SHOULD RETIRE BECAUSE THE JUDGEMENT DID NOT FAVOUR THE LOOTING MACHINE.A TYPICAL WAILER IS SPOTTED,

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

APC Suspends Ikuforiji, Oris, Attorney General, Others Over Anti-party Activitie / South-West Governors Move To Legalise Amotekun / Femi Gbajabiamila: What Transpired During Obasanjo, Tinubu’s Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.