Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,869 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:07 AM

How Do I Tell My Husband I No Longer Want His Hosting Services? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Do I Tell My Husband I No Longer Want His Hosting Services? (2546 Views)

Buy A Domain And Get Free Hosting Services / Best Web Hosting Services 2020 / Webmasters Lets Share Our Experience With Web Hosting Services (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Tell My Husband I No Longer Want His Hosting Services? by Godmother(f): 12:52pm On Jul 05, 2019
My husband runs a web hosting service and hosts a few sites. Unfortunately, the websites on his hosting hardly pay and he uses his own money to pay.

There have been times he didn't have money at the time and his hosting had to go offline for days and even weeks.

This is happening too often. The web hosting goes offline almost every month these days.

I have suggested to him to give up this hosting business since it doesn't bring in money but instead, takes from him each month(been going on for over four years).

He hosts for me but I'm thinking of transferring the site to a different host as the monthly downtime that spans for weeks is seriously affecting my site's ranking (my Alexa ranking has dropped drastically to 18,000,000). The only alternative is to start paying the monthly subscription of 15,000 as against paying 17,000-25,000 yearly if I host with another company.

I want to transfer my site out, but Im scared doing so will hurt my husband and I don't want that.
Re: How Do I Tell My Husband I No Longer Want His Hosting Services? by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jul 05, 2019
You want to save yourself,
And let your husband struggle on.

I've been saying it...
Women are naturally selfish creatures.

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell My Husband I No Longer Want His Hosting Services? by LordReed(m): 1:03pm On Jul 05, 2019
Godmother:
My husband runs a web hosting service and hosts a few sites. Unfortunately, the websites on his hosting hardly pay and he uses his own money to pay.

There have been times he didn't have money at the time and his hosting had to go offline for days and even weeks.

This is happening too often. The web hosting goes offline almost every month these days.

I have suggested to him to give up this hosting business since it doesn't bring in money but instead, takes from him each month(been going on for over four years).

He hosts for me but I'm thinking of transferring the site to a different host as the monthly downtime that spans for weeks is seriously affecting my site's ranking (my Alexa ranking has dropped drastically to 18,000,000). The only alternative is to start paying the monthly subscription of 15,000 as against paying 17,000-25,000 yearly if I host with another company.

I want to transfer my site out, but Im scared doing so will hurt my husband and I don't want that.

You need to sit with him to discuss your concerns and options. If he has a reasonable way out of the conundrum he will be able to present it for you to hear him out otherwise you do what you have to do. This is business and if he is not able to live up to his end of the bargain, he should not expect you to eat crow and not say anything.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell My Husband I No Longer Want His Hosting Services? by Godmother(f): 1:12pm On Jul 05, 2019
Cioccolata:
You want to save yourself,
And let your husband struggle on.

I've been saying it...
Women are naturally selfish creatures.

Did you read the part where I said I have been advising him to drop this business since it isn't viable?

A business he keeps financing monthly which brings in nothing. He doesn't have a lot of sites he hosts, but must pay for his reseller hosting plan nonetheless. And the few he has are nonchalant about paying. They also aren't internet-savvy enough to know when their sites are offline, nor do they care.

It is not about abandoning him in this difficult time, its more of me wanting him to make the right decisions.

I've had my blog for almost a year but it keeps going backwards because its never up or available for people to visit.

7 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell My Husband I No Longer Want His Hosting Services? by stanliwise(m): 1:12pm On Jul 05, 2019
Godmother:

I don't see why you shouldn't transfer your website. Your husband hosting has proven to be inadequate. The only thing I see here is that your business is attached to your family affair. They would always have this frictions. Do all disscusion possible to move to a better platform and not just that but to also take your business away from family affairs.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell My Husband I No Longer Want His Hosting Services? by Godmother(f): 1:13pm On Jul 05, 2019
LordReed:

You need to sit with him to discuss your concerns and options. If he has a reasonable way out of the conundrum he will be able to present it for you to hear him out otherwise you do what you have to do. This is business and if he is not able to live up to his end of the bargain, he should not expect you to eat crow and not say anything.

Yes, I believe I'll do this. Thanks for the advice.
Re: How Do I Tell My Husband I No Longer Want His Hosting Services? by Godmother(f): 1:15pm On Jul 05, 2019
stanliwise:
I don't see why you shouldn't transfer your website. Your husband hosting has proven to be inadequate. The only thing I see here is that your business is attached to your family affair. They would always have this frictions. Do all disscusion possible to move to a better platform and not just that but to also take your business away from family affairs.

Yea, this here has taught me never to mix business with family. If I can get through this with little or no friction, then I won't try it again. Thanks for the advice.
Re: How Do I Tell My Husband I No Longer Want His Hosting Services? by Harlem2(m): 1:46pm On Jul 05, 2019
Leave family out of business

Or else your rank ehn

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell My Husband I No Longer Want His Hosting Services? by Sanchez01: 5:21pm On Jul 05, 2019
Godmother:

Well, you already made the mistake of mixing family and business together. Don't tell him directly as he might not take it too well, considering the fact that his hosting availability is erratic.

Gather stats from your site, i.e, from Jetpack (downtime monitor), Google Analytics (crawl errors) and Alexa, etc. and present them to him. He'd need solid proof to align with you. If he understands how his service has impacted your site negatively, he'd reason with you swiftly.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Tell My Husband I No Longer Want His Hosting Services? by Godmother(f): 6:12pm On Jul 05, 2019
Sanchez01:

Well, you already made the mistake of mixing family and business together. Don't tell him directly as he might not take it too well, considering the fact that his hosting availability is erratic.

Gather stats from your site, i.e, from Jetpack (downtime monitor), Google Analytics (crawl errors) and Alexa, etc. and present them to him. He'd need solid proof to align with you. If he understands how his service has impacted your site negatively, he'd reason with you swiftly.

Or better still, I just thought of getting another domain name and gradually moving my site's content. That might bring less strife.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell My Husband I No Longer Want His Hosting Services? by Sanchez01: 6:25pm On Jul 05, 2019
Godmother:

Or better still, I just thought of getting another domain name and gradually moving my site's content. That might bring less strife.
Wrong move. You'd lose a lot. Backlinks, PR, etc.

Worse still is if he finds out you moved to a different domain name and a different hosting provider.
Re: How Do I Tell My Husband I No Longer Want His Hosting Services? by Godmother(f): 6:38pm On Jul 05, 2019
Sanchez01:

Wrong move. You'd lose a lot. Backlinks, PR, etc.

Worse still is if he finds out you moved to a different domain name and a different hosting provider.

I know, right. I'm just trying to avoid strife by taking the cowardly way out.*sighs*

I'd lose a lot more than back links. I'd lose my DA and PA, plus the few steady visitors I already have.
Re: How Do I Tell My Husband I No Longer Want His Hosting Services? by SirLakes: 7:05pm On Jul 05, 2019
I know someone who sells garri but would rather buy from the next shop because she knows what she sells is bad.

Let your hubby know how it is affecting you.... He should reason with you if he's really a 'techy' person.

"The only alternative is to start paying the monthly subscription of 15,000 as against paying 17,000-25,000 yearly if I host with another company".

Are you hosting videos on your site? 25,000/yr resources would be too much sef..there's no rollover yuknow .....
Paigegirl cheesy

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell My Husband I No Longer Want His Hosting Services? by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jul 05, 2019
Godmother:

Bad hosting service is very bad for blogging business. Until you learn that, I don't you are ready to face your blogging carrier squarely.
Tell nice him nicely that you want out of his hosting service and give him reasons for your decision.
No wonder you have not been able to rank in any keywords for years cheesy
Re: How Do I Tell My Husband I No Longer Want His Hosting Services? by Godmother(f): 9:48pm On Jul 05, 2019
SirLakes:
I know someone who sells garri but would rather buy from the next shop because she knows what she sells is bad.

Let your hubby know how it is affecting you.... He should reason with you if he's really a 'techy' person.

"The only alternative is to start paying the monthly subscription of 15,000 as against paying 17,000-25,000 yearly if I host with another company".

Are you hosting videos on your site? 25,000/yr resources would be too much sef..there's no rollover yuknow .....
Paigegirl cheesy

Lolz. I know there's no rollover, I'm just trying to work at getting really great traffic.
Re: How Do I Tell My Husband I No Longer Want His Hosting Services? by Godmother(f): 9:51pm On Jul 05, 2019
ClixMaster:
Bad hosting service is very bad for blogging business. Until you learn that, I don't you are ready to face your blogging carrier squarely.
Tell nice him nicely that you want out of his hosting service and give him reasons for your decision.
No wonder you have not been able to rank in any keywords for years cheesy

Yea, the site not ranking has been killing me. Doing keyword research using google suggest and ubbersuggest and also writing lengthy blog posts not fetching me anything.

I'm just feeling for my hubby. I would feel bad if someone did this to me too, let alone someone that's supposed to have my back at all time.
Re: How Do I Tell My Husband I No Longer Want His Hosting Services? by skultrick(m): 10:05pm On Jul 05, 2019
Godmother:

Your husband is not a smart business man. A smart business man knows when to call it a day and move to something else. 4 fucking years and he's still giving it a try, it doesn't work that way.

Successful people in business have plan A, B, C and even more.

My advice to you woman, tell him you want to host your site at another host and see his reaction. Tell him, downtime is the biggest enemy of any site, no one will renew if downtime persists.

If he agrees, good.

Otherwise, he's enemy of the progress of his own family. It's that simple.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell My Husband I No Longer Want His Hosting Services? by skultrick(m): 10:12pm On Jul 05, 2019
Godmother:

Yea, the site not ranking has been killing me. Doing keyword research using google suggest and ubbersuggest and also writing lengthy blog posts not fetching me anything.

I'm just feeling for my hubby. I would feel bad if someone did this to me too, let alone someone that's supposed to have my back at all time.

That's why you have to scold him to either sit up and deliver 99.9% uptime or you, him, and the family will be wasting time and money in a sea of filled with money.

Make him see it that you want the best for the family.

Better still, both of you team up and grow your blog. It would be more rewarding.

...wish I had an internet inclined woman by my side, the sky would have been my starting point.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell My Husband I No Longer Want His Hosting Services? by skultrick(m): 10:19pm On Jul 05, 2019
I just wanted to add, unless you're ain't serious about blogging. If your site isn't up at least 99.99% of the time, you're wasting your time.

Google would derank your ass, if anything short of 99.99 is obtainable on your site.

So, it's either you're serious about what you doing or just want to continue to waste time and money.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell My Husband I No Longer Want His Hosting Services? by Nobody: 10:20pm On Jul 05, 2019
Godmother:

It's a dicey situation, but what can one do? You just have to discuss with him

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell My Husband I No Longer Want His Hosting Services? by LordReed(m): 11:44pm On Jul 05, 2019
Godmother:

You really do not need this kind of deception, it might be more detrimental than an honest conversation.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell My Husband I No Longer Want His Hosting Services? by Nobody: 6:44am On Jul 06, 2019
And your blog is currently down. Depending on the kind of man your husband is, I think he should understand why you have to move your site to another hosting. You're losing money and search engine juice whenever your site goes offline. He loves you, he should keep sentiments aside and try to understand your plight.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell My Husband I No Longer Want His Hosting Services? by Godmother(f): 5:16pm On Jul 06, 2019
Northmall:
And your blog is currently down. Depending on the kind of man your husband is, I think he should understand why you have to move your site to another hosting. You're losing money and search engine juice whenever your site goes offline. He loves you, he should keep sentiments aside and try to understand your plight.

This is he most painful part.
Re: How Do I Tell My Husband I No Longer Want His Hosting Services? by Godmother(f): 5:17pm On Jul 06, 2019
skultrick:
I just wanted to add, unless you're ain't serious about blogging. If your site isn't up at least 99.99% of the time, you're wasting your time.

Google would derank your ass, if anything short of 99.99 is obtainable on your site.

So, it's either you're serious about what you doing or just want to continue to waste time and money.

Yea, I know downtime is bad for any business. I'll need to act fast.
Re: How Do I Tell My Husband I No Longer Want His Hosting Services? by tuhamworld: 8:49am On Jul 07, 2019
I understand how you feel.. You do not want him to make him feel bad and you are supposed to be the one encouraging him
But how about sitting him down in a "couples environment scene" and trying to tell him how you REALLY feel..

Say it the way its in bottom of your heart. A good husband should be able to understand that and either do two things if you speak to him

- Either he finds a solution to the current downtime issue
- or he tells you to use another hosting

Am sure he should be able to understand better if you tell him how you feel. Like the way you pour out your feelings here on this post

- - - - - - - - - -

Lastly; if you are confused of which web hosting to use; i wrote a comprehensive guide on making a web hosting choice for high and low traffic here

Re: How Do I Tell My Husband I No Longer Want His Hosting Services? by toycom001(m): 10:38am On Jul 07, 2019
What kind of site you running and is it bringing in much income? That is an angle
Re: How Do I Tell My Husband I No Longer Want His Hosting Services? by Godmother(f): 9:12pm On Jul 10, 2019
My site is up now and I'm still on the issue. Thanks for all the advice, guys. I appreciate.
Re: How Do I Tell My Husband I No Longer Want His Hosting Services? by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jul 20, 2019
Godmother:

That alone is enough reason to save yourself and coupled with the monthly downtime... It would be very unwise to continue with his services

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell My Husband I No Longer Want His Hosting Services? by stanliwise(m): 1:19pm On Jul 21, 2019
Godmother:
My site is up now and I'm still on the issue. Thanks for all the advice, guys. I appreciate.
Care to share?
Re: How Do I Tell My Husband I No Longer Want His Hosting Services? by mike272(m): 11:57pm On Sep 10, 2019
Godmother, I want to get in touch with you. I need to ask you something it's important. Wanted to send you message but could not. Its about Ibtc. Thanks
Re: How Do I Tell My Husband I No Longer Want His Hosting Services? by Godmother(f): 5:44pm On Sep 11, 2019
mike272:
Godmother, I want to get in touch with you. I need to ask you something it's important. Wanted to send you message but could not. Its about Ibtc. Thanks

Hi, I just sent you a message.
Re: How Do I Tell My Husband I No Longer Want His Hosting Services? by DESTROTECH(m): 6:25pm On Sep 11, 2019
Good day madam, his hosting business does not bring money doesn't me he should stop it.
You as a good wife should always encourage him and pray that one day thing's we get better...
Not good comes easily... Just encourage him.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Download Latest Yoruba Movies 2019 2020 / New Glo 0.0k Free Browsing Config File For Http Injector Vpn / Offer To Design Fake Bank Website

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.