Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,134 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:43 AM

My First Ever Car - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My First Ever Car (1857 Views)

Who Still Remembered This Car? First Ever Car Produced By Range Over (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My First Ever Car by Rickpapi: 2:31pm On Jul 05, 2019
Cc: Nurey, Heavenlybang, Gazzuz, autojoshnig.

So I’m purchasing my first ever car..I’m not very good at driving yet, hopefully when I get mine by this month end I’ll perfect my driving skills...

I’m actually purchasing an ES330 as I’ve always wanted that baby..So here comes my first question...

- Nigerian Used or Foreign Used?
I’ve heard people complain about foreign used car giving them problems in even less than 6months and same about Nigerian used. Money isn’t a problem here, I just want something that’s very neat and won’t start bothering me too soon..Some people say Nigerian used as long as I go with a competent mechanic.. What’s your take?

-Secondly What daily maintenance would have to carry out, to ensure it stays in good shape...

-Also I hear people giving advice on scanning vehicles before changing parts. Who does the scanning? My mechanic? I know this is weird but it’s my first car, so please pardon me.

-I’ve had friends whose cars starts fading after one year, especially silver color and that’s the color I plan on getting, so how do I avoid that? I heard car wrapping can avoid fading? How true is that? And is it advisable to cover my car with that cloth used in covering cars? I plan on covering the seats too with those seat cover as I intend using the car for a long time before changing it and I want it looking like new still

-And I’d like if I can get a few do’s and don’t that is important to someone who’s buying his first car, for example I’ve learnt it’s not advisable to let these car wash guys pour water into your engine.

-I’ll post more questions when they come to mind

Thanks..
Please, help a brother..
I love maintaining my gadgets just like I’d maintain a woman I love.
Re: My First Ever Car by ITbomb(m): 2:59pm On Jul 05, 2019
Truth is, after using your car for a year you would not care again if it looks new or not

7 Likes

Re: My First Ever Car by nurey(m): 3:29pm On Jul 05, 2019
Rickpapi:

So I’m purchasing my first ever car..I’m not very good at driving yet, hopefully when I get mine by this month end I’ll perfect my driving skills...

I’m actually purchasing an ES330 as I’ve always wanted that baby..So here comes my first question...

I’ve heard people complain about foreign used car giving them problems in even less than 6months and same about Nigerian used. Money isn’t a problem here, I just want something that’s very neat and won’t start bothering me too soon..Some people say Nigerian used as long as I go with a competent mechanic.. What’s your take?

-Secondly What daily maintenance would have to carry out, to ensure it stays in good shape...

-Also I hear people giving advice on scanning vehicles before changing parts. Who does the scanning? My mechanic? I know this is weird but it’s my first car, so please pardon me.

-I’ve had friends whose cars starts fading after one year, especially silver color and that’s the color I plan on getting, so how do I avoid that? I heard car wrapping can avoid fading? How true is that? And is it advisable to cover my car with that cloth used in covering cars? I plan on covering the seats too with those seat cover as I intend using the car for a long time before changing it and I want it looking like new still

-And I’d like if I can get a few do’s and don’t that is important to someone who’s buying his first car, for example I’ve learnt it’s not advisable to let these car wash guys pour water into your engine.

Thanks..
Please, help a brother..

you just jam pack everything together but let me answer your questions as simple as I can

1. Yes the ES330 is a good car shouldn't break a bank on maintenance

2. Due to our harsh weather, the painting on cars would fade as time goes by, but you can reduce this by not using powder soap or all those local soaps (vehicles have specific soap for washing), you can also wax the vehicle to give it that shinning look. I personally don't wash my car I just use water and rag and I am happy after all only my opinion counts.

3. When a vehicle is faulty it gives sign, but above all it gives sign on the dash (called check engine light) scanning is just a way to retrieve code to know exactly what is faulty in the car since an abnormal symptom can be caused by several car parts and you don't want to change all those parts.

4. Used car is used car and parts aren't meant to last forever when the parts would fail nobody knows and nobody can determine just set aside some cash for shocks and bushings they are first to give way after tasting our road surface, then tyres too for safety.

lastly you can register with Gazzuzz and sons Nigeria limited grin they do accept your model year, they can assist with prepurchase inspection, they do service and maintenance too then finally he can always help you scan and repair when trouble starts

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My First Ever Car by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jul 05, 2019
nurey:

you just jam pack everything together but let me answer your questions as simple as I can

2. Due to our harsh weather, the painting on cars would fade as time goes by, but you can reduce this by not using powder soap or all those local soaps (vehicles have specific soap for washing), you can also wax the vehicle to give it that shinning look. I personally don't wash my car I just use water and rag and I am happy after all only my opinion counts.

3. When a vehicle is faulty it gives sign, but above all it gives sign on the dash (called check engine light) scanning is just a way to retrieve code to know exactly what is faulty in the car since an abnormal symptom can be caused by several car parts and you don't want to change all those parts.

4. Used car is used car and parts aren't meant to last forever when the parts would fail nobody knows and nobody can determine just set aside some cash for shocks and bushings they are first to give way after tasting our road surface, then tyres too for safety.

lastly you can register with Gazzuzz and sons Nigeria limited grin they do accept your model year, they can assist with prepurchase inspection, they do service and maintenance too then finally he can always help you scan and repair when trouble starts
wot car do u use sir?
Re: My First Ever Car by AutoMoTech(m): 7:37pm On Jul 05, 2019
Rickpapi:

Thanks..
Please, help a brother..
1. Brother man, if U dey lag save yourself the stress, get in touch with Gazzuzz.
Naija used or Toks, U will be getting an amazing deal.
2. Perfect your driving first. If not your first car will not be appealing after few months. Have you considered getting a less expensive car first that you can use for a year just to better your driving before getting your dream ride?
3. A foreign car can be a lemon. So also Naija used. Hencd refer to No. 1 or any other competent professional mech you can trust.
4. Daily maintenance: drive safe, check your fluids, imbibe a preventive maintenance culture, pay attention to the "babe". IF you hear pkekem, check it out not until it turns to kakakakokokokikiki
5. Car care is not just about scanning but diagnosis. Scanning is just one of many ways of gathering data to solve your problem. Get yourself a DIY grade scanner, it helps for the simple stuffs. Next Get a competent automobile technician for the difficult stuffs. Let him handle the "diagnosis". Parts dont fix cars. Changing faulty parts zfter after thorough diagnosis always does.
6. As per paint care, you can wash your car urself if u dnt mind. a good rag, bucket of water and water alone can do the job. PERSONALLY i dont do car wash. Some of them use sacks, so that it will foam well but that is one thing dt scratches d paint even most. The car and seat covers are good ideas.
7. For first time car owner,regular engine "clean" with wet rag is good enuf. Car wash sometimes can lead to terrible experiences.

Hope i av not talked too much. Happy car buying and using brother grin

1 Like

Re: My First Ever Car by froze6(m): 8:22pm On Jul 05, 2019
ITbomb:
Truth is, after using your car for a year you would not care again if it looks new or not
i do not agree with this
Re: My First Ever Car by nurey(m): 8:25pm On Jul 05, 2019
aro1:
wot car do u use sir?
You want to open my yansh for the whole world grin
2000 sienna
2005 Corolla
Re: My First Ever Car by Rickpapi: 12:05pm On Jul 06, 2019
nurey:

AutoMoTech:

1. Brother man, if U dey lag save yourself the stress, get in touch with Gazzuzz.
Naija used or Toks, U will be getting an amazing deal.
2. Perfect your driving first. If not your first car will not be appealing after few months. Have you considered getting a less expensive car first that you can use for a year just to better your driving before getting your dream ride?
3. A foreign car can be a lemon. So also Naija used. Hencd refer to No. 1 or any other competent professional mech you can trust.
4. Daily maintenance: drive safe, check your fluids, imbibe a preventive maintenance culture, pay attention to the "babe". IF you hear pkekem, check it out not until it turns to kakakakokokokikiki
5. Car care is not just about scanning but diagnosis. Scanning is just one of many ways of gathering data to solve your problem. Get yourself a DIY grade scanner, it helps for the simple stuffs. Next Get a competent automobile technician for the difficult stuffs. Let him handle the "diagnosis". Parts dont fix cars. Changing faulty parts zfter after thorough diagnosis always does.
6. As per paint care, you can wash your car urself if u dnt mind. a good rag, bucket of water and water alone can do the job. PERSONALLY i dont do car wash. Some of them use sacks, so that it will foam well but that is one thing dt scratches d paint even most. The car and seat covers are good ideas.
7. For first time car owner,regular engine "clean" with wet rag is good enuf. Car wash sometimes can lead to terrible experiences.

Hope i av not talked too much. Happy car buying and using brother grin
Thanks. I really appreciate
Re: My First Ever Car by Lexusgs430: 12:23pm On Jul 06, 2019
ITbomb:

You forget the beauty of washing, hoovering and waxing your car yourself.......

This sport never dies in one year............ cheesy

1 Like

Re: My First Ever Car by Inception(m): 1:00pm On Jul 06, 2019
nurey:

2000 sienna

2005 Corolla

smart. smart.
Re: My First Ever Car by Kelvin30286063(m): 2:14pm On Jul 06, 2019
Rickpapi:

Thanks..
Please, help a brother..
Personally I think cars are not just about whether it's Nigerian used or foreign used. Its all about the person that used it and how badly he used it. A bad driver in US can sell a worse car than a good driver in Lagos.
My first car was a tok, the oyinbo is my friend and I bought it from him, but the car turned out to be very bad to the point that I had to sell it to a dealer for cheap after 8 months and added money to buy a Nigerian used Honda accord.
I have been using that accord going to 2 years now and I am enjoying my ride.
Secondly, maintenance of cars can depend largely on the pocket of the owner, some things cannot be left unchecked while others can still be managed. I change my oil every month meanwhile I have seen some post here where people speak of not changing oil for 6 months, not that my car short oil or anything but I know feel it from the engine that the oil due for change but the story may defer with other cars.
And if you'll be driving long distance all the time, always remember to check your maintenance cultures like water, brake fluid and all other things the car drink. Trust me, cars drink so many liquid. grin
That's about all, beside shocks, alms if noisy, you won't have any other problem.

2 Likes

Re: My First Ever Car by VolvoS60(m): 2:47pm On Jul 06, 2019
Kelvin30286063:

Secondly, maintenance of cars can depend largely on the pocket of the owner, some things cannot be left unchecked while others can still be managed. I change my oil every month meanwhile I have seen some post here where people speak of not changing oil for 6 months, not that my car short oil or anything but I know feel it from the engine that the oil due for change but the story may defer with other cars.

^^^
Every month!?

That's got to be hard on the wallet. What's your driving style - do you cover thousands of kilometres each month?

2 Likes

Re: My First Ever Car by Kelvin30286063(m): 3:17pm On Jul 06, 2019
VolvoS60:

^^^
Every month!?

That's got to be hard on the wallet. What's your driving style - do you cover thousands of kilometres each month?

No I don't, just from work home daily.
Honda Accord Europe spec
Re: My First Ever Car by VolvoS60(m): 3:35pm On Jul 06, 2019
Kelvin30286063:

No I don't, just from work home daily.
Honda Accord Europe spec

^^^
Every month is excessive (I'm assuming your engine doesn't have any problems). Most auto manufacturers recommend an oil change after thousands of kilometres (5,000 and above) or several months (6 months and above). Modern motor oil is designed around these specifications.

I believe US spec Hondas have oil life monitors. Not sure Euro spec models do - if they don't then your owners manual should have oil change intervals with values similar to what I mentioned above.

2 Likes

Re: My First Ever Car by justiniyke29: 3:53pm On Jul 06, 2019
nurey:

2000 sienna
2005 Corolla
this your sienna ehn.
Re: My First Ever Car by Kelvin30286063(m): 5:52pm On Jul 06, 2019
VolvoS60:

^^^
Every month is excessive (I'm assuming your engine doesn't have any problems). Most auto manufacturers recommend an oil change after thousands of kilometres (5,000 and above) or several months (6 months and above). Modern motor oil is designed around these specifications.

I believe US spec Hondas have oil life monitors. Not sure Euro spec models do - if they don't then your owners manual should have oil change intervals with values similar to what I mentioned above.
Jesus!
Shebi it's my Kazeem mechanic that said I must change oil every month that time!!! Can't believe I've been wasting money for 2 years. embarassed

1 Like

Re: My First Ever Car by AutoMoTech(m): 11:43pm On Jul 06, 2019
VolvoS60:

^^^

when it comes to oil change, i have discovered one size never fits all. oil change is dependent on alot of factors ranging from where the car is being used (dusty area or not), average distance travelled per trip, state of engine (low mileage or high mileage.)
Now this is what i personally advice,
1. for a car dt does long trips often, i will suggest long service intervals as U stated above since d engine gets to work at optimal temperature for long.
2. however for short trips i would advice shorter service intervals since in some instances the engine might not heat up as required. tho 1 month might be a little extreme, probably something in between.
3. For areas that have alot of dust - short service intervals.
4. high mileage vehicles - short service intervals. probably a step up on oil grade depending on engine cylinder compression state.
In light of this I would also like to point out manufacturers of lubes are really advancing in the oils dey manufacture now that whether long or short trip, the oil does the job. However considering the naija factor where in most users use 20w50 or lower grade oil, there is need to advice them right based on each user.
So as an automobile technician, i consider such factors as location, type of user, drive style, maintenance culture, average distance travelled, engine mileage and maintenance history and also recommended oil grade. based on this i dont ever suggest 5000miles or whatever for anybody as a general rule.... this is my personal preference pls...

1 Like

Re: My First Ever Car by jceesquare(m): 5:50am On Jul 07, 2019
VolvoS60:

^^^
Every month!?

The question should be what kind of oil does he use.

2 Likes

Re: My First Ever Car by VolvoS60(m): 6:21am On Jul 07, 2019
jceesquare:

The question should be what kind of oil those he use.

^^^
True.

That thought did cross my mind. It would be a false economy to use (inexpensive) poor quality oil (even if it is changed frequently) instead of (more expensive) good quality oil that isn't changed as frequently - but which does the job.
Re: My First Ever Car by VolvoS60(m): 6:49am On Jul 07, 2019
AutoMoTech:

when it comes to oil change, i have discovered one size never fits all. oil change is dependent on alot of factors ranging from where the car is being used (dusty area or not), average distance travelled per trip, state of engine (low mileage or high mileage.)
Now this is what i personally advice,
1. for a car dt does long trips often, i will suggest long service intervals as U stated above since d engine gets to work at optimal temperature for long.
2. however for short trips i would advice shorter service intervals since in some instances the engine might not heat up as required. tho 1 month might be a little extreme, probably something in between.
3. For areas that have alot of dust - short service intervals.
4. high mileage vehicles - short service intervals. probably a step up on oil grade depending on engine cylinder compression state.
In light of this I would also like to point out manufacturers of lubes are really advancing in the oils dey manufacture now that whether long or short trip, the oil does the job. However considering the naija factor where in most users use 20w50 or lower grade oil, there is need to advice them right based on each user.
So as an automobile technician, i consider such factors as location, type of user, drive style, maintenance culture, average distance travelled, engine mileage and maintenance history and also recommended oil grade. based on this i dont ever suggest 5000miles or whatever for anybody as a general rule.... this is my personal preference pls...

^^^
You have a point about there not being a one size fits all method. The problem (if I can call it that) is that 'long' and 'short' are relative. That's why I prefer specific mileage or time intervals to guide me in the choices I make.

I use my 12 year old vehicle (Toyota Corolla) primarily for short trips (intracity transport). It has about 86,000 miles (probably more since I suspect the odometer was rolled back before purchase), and I drive on both good and bad (dusty) roads - in dense, bumper to bumper traffic (most of the time). I typically do not cover up to 5,000 miles before the maintenance required light comes on - the light usually comes on within 6 to 8 months after the last oil change. I would go bankrupt if I had to do an oil change every month!

I have another 11 year old vehicle driven under roughly similar conditions - but the car doesn't have an oil life monitor or a maintenance required light. It has about 126,000km and I do oil changes every 8 months or so on average. The car's still running fine.

As an aside, why does 20w 50 oil get such a bad rep? Brand new Toyotas sold in Nigeria as recently as 2012 have 20w 50 oils as one of the approved viscosities. If it is so bad why would Toyota approve it?
Re: My First Ever Car by AutoMoTech(m): 12:04pm On Jul 07, 2019
VolvoS60:

^^^
You have a point about there not being a one size fits all method. The problem (if I can call it that) is that 'long' and 'short' are relative. That's why I prefer specific mileage or time intervals to guide me in the choices I make.

I use my 12 year old vehicle (Toyota Corolla) primarily for short trips (intracity transport). It has about 86,000 miles (probably more since I suspect the odometer was rolled back before purchase), and I drive on both good and bad (dusty) roads - in dense, bumper to bumper traffic (most of the time). I typically do not cover up to 5,000 miles before the maintenance required light comes on - the light usually comes on within 6 to 8 months after the last oil change. I would go bankrupt if I had to do an oil change every month!

I have another 11 year old vehicle driven under roughly similar conditions - but the car doesn't have an oil life monitor or a maintenance required light. It has about 126,000km and I do oil changes every 8 months or so on average. The car's still running fine.

As an aside, why does 20w 50 oil get such a bad rep? Brand new Toyotas sold in Nigeria as recently as 2012 have 20w 50 oils as one of the approved viscosities. If it is so bad why would Toyota approve it?
Interesting. You see in the end it is finding the best formula that works for you. Also 20w50 is not bad oil sir. What is bad is the quality we have here in nigeria. Sincere apologies if that is how i sounded. When i used the 1999 nissan altima, i used oando 20w50. That was the only one i trusted. And it served me well. I ensured i serviced every 3 months. Whether i use d car or not. I do my service. And that engine was amazing. Purring like a kitten. Instant power when i throttle. Quiet engine even at about 20 year old and mileage of about 250miles plus. Ofcourse there are 20w50s that are synthetic, if i cld lay my hands on that, i will use it. And my choice of using that oil grade is the engine mileage.
Re: My First Ever Car by Crixie(m): 12:34pm On Jul 07, 2019
AutoMoTech:

Interesting. You see in the end it is finding the best formula that works for you. Also 20w50 is not bad oil sir. What is bad is the quality we have here in nigeria. Sincere apologies if that is how i sounded. When i used the 1999 nissan altima, i used oando 20w50. That was the only one i trusted. And it served me well. I ensured i serviced every 3 months. Whether i use d car or not. I do my service. And that engine was amazing. Purring like a kitten. Instant power when i throttle. Quiet engine even at about 20 year old and mileage of about 250miles plus. Ofcourse there are 20w50s that are synthetic, if i cld lay my hands on that, i will use it. And my choice of using that oil grade is the engine mileage.
We have semi synthetic 20w50 always in stock[b]
AutoMoTech:

We have semi synthetic 20w50 always in stock[/b]
AutoMoTech:

We have semi synthetic 20w50 always in stock
Re: My First Ever Car by AutoMoTech(m): 12:38pm On Jul 07, 2019
Crixie:

We have fully synthetic 20w50 always in stock
What brand? Can we see get more details and pictures?
Re: My First Ever Car by Crixie(m): 12:59pm On Jul 07, 2019
AutoMoTech:

What brand? Can we see get more details and pictures?
The 20w50 is Semi ~synthetic the rest of the grades are fully synthetic.
The Brand is Aisin(an affiliate company of Toyota)
https://www.nairaland.com/3715852/genuine-engine-oilgear-oilcoolant-brake
Re: My First Ever Car by jceesquare(m): 2:05pm On Jul 07, 2019
AutoMoTech:

Absolutely correct.
I'd recommend a 20W50 oil to an old car (especially those with engines that has wide oil passage) and with very high millage (please take note of the bolded and check your cars oil chart ooO to avoid stories that touches the heart biko). I have an antique that I use as my daily driver and when going to remote inter places and I use a 20W50 on it (dem no born me well to switch to the recommended 5W30 grin). Some cars modified for drift, track races and other abused high rev purposes use a thicker 20W50 for extra protection. The secret to enjoying your car with that grade of oil is frequent oil change, and please make sure you're easy on the throttle and you do not rev the engine unnecessarily at cold start until you have good oil circulation to the top. But when the oil don flow reach the top and engine reaches optimum temperature, you can fire down till the rev counter breaks.
My antique still purrs and steams till tomorrow with over 300k millage on it from my calculation.
Re: My First Ever Car by VolvoS60(m): 2:59pm On Jul 07, 2019
AutoMoTech:

^^^
No offense taken at all. I actually wanted to start a discussion. A little background info:

I used 20w 50 oil for donkey years. In fact there was a time when it was the only viscosity available, if I remember correctly.

I then joined NL and some people on here who know quite a bit about cars said 20w 50 oil is simply not suitable for modern engines. The arguments for and against have been on ever since.

I switched to 5w 30 some years ago and have been using it without any issues. The question though is why motor manufacturers would approve certain viscosities only for the Middle east/Africa? What is the reason?
Re: My First Ever Car by AutoMoTech(m): 3:13pm On Jul 07, 2019
jceesquare:

Absolutely correct.
I'd recommend a 20W50 oil to an old car (especially those with engines that has wide oil passage) and with very high millage (please take note of the bolded and check your cars oil chart ooO to avoid stories that touches the heart biko). I have an antique that I use as my daily driver and when going to remote inter places and I use a 20W50 on it (dem no born me well to switch to the recommended 5W30 grin). Some cars modified for drift, track races and other abused high rev purposes use a thicker 20W50 for extra protection. The secret to enjoying your car with that grade of oil is frequent oil change, and please make sure you're easy on the throttle and you do not rev the engine unnecessarily at cold start until you have good oil circulation to the top. But when the oil don flow reach the top and engine reaches optimum temperature, you can fire down till the rev counter breaks.
My antique still purrs and steams till tomorrow with over 300k millage on it from my calculation.

it is funny how we have all forgotten that the quality of the oil fiter we use too also matters. quality oil + low quality oil filter na formular for disaster. so please as we spend on expensive oil, lets also ensure we get high quality oil filter.

1 Like

Re: My First Ever Car by RZArecta2(m): 3:19pm On Jul 07, 2019
Kelvin30286063:

Jesus!
Shebi it's my Kazeem mechanic that said I must change oil every month that time!!! Can't believe I've been wasting money for 2 years. embarassed
you played yaself bruv
Re: My First Ever Car by AutoMoTech(m): 3:22pm On Jul 07, 2019
VolvoS60:

^^^
No offense taken at all. I actually wanted to start a discussion. A little background info:

I used 20w 50 oil for donkey years. In fact there was a time when it was the only viscosity available, if I remember correctly.

I then joined NL and some people on here who know quite a bit about cars said 20w 50 oil is simply not suitable for modern engines. The arguments for and against have been on ever since.

I switched to 5w 30 some years ago and have been using it without any issues. The question though is why motor manufacturers would approve certain viscosities only for the Middle east/Africa? What is the reason?
TEMPERATURE is the reason why. Ambient temperature differs from one region to anoda. Now the concern of manufacturers is cold start. What is the temperature within that region if a person is starting the car ? Engineeres discovered that the time your engine engine experiences greatest wear is at cold start. When the oil has settled and has not fully lubricated all the engine parts. Thats why they try to make oils that can flow easily even at old temperature hence the 0w20, 5w20, 5w30 etc. The operating temperature in all engines is almost the same, so they dont worry abt that. Taking care of cold start is of high importance

1 Like

Re: My First Ever Car by Crixie(m): 8:40am On Jul 08, 2019
AutoMoTech:

TEMPERATURE is the reason why. Ambient temperature differs from one region to anoda. Now the concern of manufacturers is cold start. What is the temperature within that region if a person is starting the car ? Engineeres discovered that the time your engine engine experiences greatest wear is at cold start. When the oil has settled and has not fully lubricated all the engine parts. Thats why they try to make oils that can flow easily even at old temperature hence the 0w20, 5w20, 5w30 etc. The operating temperature in all engines is almost the same, so they dont worry abt that. Taking care of cold start is of high importance

(1) (Reply)

Please Help, Where To Get A Good Car / Sell Your Accident Or Damaged Car / Why Is My Car Radiator Bringing Out Hot Water?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.