Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,363 members, 7,780,995 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:09 AM

Kenneth Omeruo: ‘We Are Nigeria. We Have To Show Class’ - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Kenneth Omeruo: ‘We Are Nigeria. We Have To Show Class’ (314 Views)

"Baby First Flight" - Kenneth Omeruo Shares Cute Photo Of His Wife And Baby Girl / Kenneth Omeruo & Chioma Nnamani's White Wedding Photos In Istanbul, Turkey / Kenneth Omeruo And Chioma Nnamani's Pre-Wedding Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Kenneth Omeruo: ‘We Are Nigeria. We Have To Show Class’ by Naijiant: 3:24pm On Jul 05, 2019
The 25-year-old is Chelsea’s longest-serving current player but is ready for a move. First, though, he wants to win the Africa Cup of Nations again

Shortly before playing for Nigeria in the 2014 World Cup, Kenneth Omeruo browsed a list of young players to watch at the tournament and discovered his own name, slotted in next to that of Raphaël Varane. He was 20 then; in the preceding two years he had joined Chelsea and starred in an Africa Cup of Nations success. It was some way to begin a career and at that point anybody would be forgiven for expecting the good times to keep rolling.

In a sense they have. Omeruo laughs when he is informed that, this week, he became Chelsea’s longest-serving current player. But all of that time, apart from a brief spell in 2013 when José Mourinho wanted a closer look at the centre‑back only for shoulder surgery to intervene, has been spent on loan.

It is a familiar tale but Omeruo knows enough is enough and hopes another continental title will help him find security at last. The story about Varane is volunteered in response to a quite unrelated question; he clearly feels it is time to hurry things up.

“I think now’s the time for me to leave, to find a place, to be my own man,” he says. “I’m married with a baby now, so I need stability. Chelsea have done amazingly for me, and for my family as well, but it’s the time when I need to reach my potential and get where I think I deserve to be.”
More: https://www.naijiant.com/sports/kenneth-omeruo-we-are-nigeria-we-have-to-show-class/

(1) (Reply)

Brazil's Copa Title Brings Alves Historic 40th Trophy / Bet Prediction Sites In Nigeria / Correct Score

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.