Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,553 members, 7,801,558 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:10 PM

PDP Didn’t Give Me Fair Hearing – Elumelu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Didn’t Give Me Fair Hearing – Elumelu (2281 Views)

Mutfwang To Supreme Court: "I Wasn't Given Fair Hearing At The Appeal Court" / We Didn’t Give Dangote License For Fuel Import ― NNPCL / MURIC To Obi: Confirm Or Deny ‘yes Daddy’ Leaked Audio For Fair Hearing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Didn’t Give Me Fair Hearing – Elumelu by akelicious(m): 6:21pm On Jul 05, 2019
Ndudi Elumelu, has said that six of his colleagues were not given fair hearing by People’s Democratic Party (PDP) National Working Committee (NWC) before the party suspended them for one month.

Elumelu, who represents Anaocha/ Oshimili Federal Constituency, was named Minority Leader by Speaker of the House of Representatives, Femi Gbajabiamila on Wednesday.

However, the announcement sparked off crisis in the minority caucus.

The lawmaker in a statement on Friday, said he was already out of Abuja for a funeral, when information got him that the PDP NWC had summoned him and six others to appear before it.

The statement read: “I’m surprised and shocked, that the National Working Committee of our great party, the People’s Democratic Party, (PDP) can sit and take a decision without giving room for fair hearing.

“I lost an aunty and left Abuja immediately after plenary in the House of Representatives on Thursday and travelled to Delta State. Although I left immediately after the sitting …. Secondly my gateman received the letter at 7.45pm and he called me at 8pm.

“I was informed by my gateman who received the letter from the party at 7.45pm and called me at 8pm. I tried to reach out to the other members named in the letter to see if they could be at the meeting and found out they were also out of town.

“Out of respect for the party, I directed my special assistant to write to the party and request a new date. I would have expected that if the date, we suggested was not convenient for the party, they would have proposed another day when we could have appeared before them.

I have great respect for the party and am ready to serve.”

https://www.akelicious.net/2019/07/pdp-didnt-give-me-fair-hearing-elumelu.html

1 Like

Re: PDP Didn’t Give Me Fair Hearing – Elumelu by Skyfornia(m): 6:28pm On Jul 05, 2019
Mtchwwww
Re: PDP Didn’t Give Me Fair Hearing – Elumelu by seanfer(m): 6:36pm On Jul 05, 2019
So can we say PDP is now run in a dictatorship way.

4 Likes

Re: PDP Didn’t Give Me Fair Hearing – Elumelu by Elnino4ladies: 6:41pm On Jul 05, 2019
How can party as big as PDP be fighting over minority position
Re: PDP Didn’t Give Me Fair Hearing – Elumelu by muykem: 6:44pm On Jul 05, 2019
PDP is finish.

3 Likes

Re: PDP Didn’t Give Me Fair Hearing – Elumelu by SouthEastFacts: 6:46pm On Jul 05, 2019
Abide by party supremacy or decamp to APC or we expel you ourselves.

Speaker and Deputy Speaker are elected by members of the House among themselves according to the constitution while Majority and Minority Leaders are appointed by party leadership.

We will never compromise internal indiscipline which APC condoled during the 8th Assembly and it cost them the election if not for rigging.

Subject yourself to party supremacy or we expel ourself.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Didn’t Give Me Fair Hearing – Elumelu by RichBoy247: 6:47pm On Jul 05, 2019
Since PDP lost the second consecutive presidential election, it also lost direction and purpose.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Didn’t Give Me Fair Hearing – Elumelu by RichBoy247: 6:49pm On Jul 05, 2019
Since PDP lost the second consecutive presidential election, it also lost direction and purpose. PDp was planning to upset APC in the house leadership election without keeping its own house in order forgetting that APC is an equally cunning party like them. Now PDP has been beaten in its own game.

3 Likes

Re: PDP Didn’t Give Me Fair Hearing – Elumelu by masseratti: 7:05pm On Jul 05, 2019
SouthEastFacts:

Speaker and Deputy Speaker are elected by members of the House among themselves according to the constitution while Majority and Minority Leaders are appointed by party leadership.

We will never compromise internal indiscipline which APC condoled during the 8th Assembly and it cost them the election if not for rigging.

majority and minority leaders are appointed by the party members of the parliament caucuses not the party leadership.

5 Likes

Re: PDP Didn’t Give Me Fair Hearing – Elumelu by Shuku0kukobambi: 7:36pm On Jul 05, 2019
SouthEastFacts:

But Umahi, chairman SE governors forum, is standing with Elumelu nah!! Will PDP also suspend him, Okowa and the BOT members supporting them?

After the 1month suspension, what else?

As for the bold, make I just laugh cheesy

So.you guys know about indiscipline and you were pushing Saraki to his doom? cheesy

8 Likes

Re: PDP Didn’t Give Me Fair Hearing – Elumelu by jlinkd78(m): 7:41pm On Jul 05, 2019
Y
Re: PDP Didn’t Give Me Fair Hearing – Elumelu by SouthEastFacts: 7:44pm On Jul 05, 2019
masseratti:
majority and minority leaders are appointed by the party members of the parliament caucuses not the party leadership.
Lies.

Majority and Minority leaders enforces the party's parliamentary objectives. These objectives are set at the NWC level.
Re: PDP Didn’t Give Me Fair Hearing – Elumelu by Shuku0kukobambi: 7:54pm On Jul 05, 2019
SouthEastFacts:

Lies.

Majority and Minority leaders enforces the party's parliamentary objectives. These objectives are set at the NWC level.

APC wanted Lawan in 2015 as leader after he lost to Saraki but Saraki appointed Ndume instead. It's only when he fell out with Ndume that he now appointed Lawan.

Dogara refused to appoint Gbaja as leader for days until the APC reps made the house ungorvernable for him did he succumb.

This time around, majority of the house PDP want nothing to do with Wike's boy and Umahi has shown that the governors too are not with Wike's boy

5 Likes

Re: PDP Didn’t Give Me Fair Hearing – Elumelu by SouthEastFacts: 7:57pm On Jul 05, 2019
Shuku0kukobambi:

APC wanted Lawan in 2015 as leader after he lost to Saraki but Saraki appointed Ndume instead. It's only when he fell out with Ndume that he now appointed Lawan.

Dogara refused to appoint Gbaja as leader for days until the APC reps made the house ungorvernable for him did he succumb.

This time around, majority of the house PDP want nothing to do with Wike's boy and Umahi has shown that the governors too are not with Wike's boy
We will still make the house ungovernable for Gbaja.
Re: PDP Didn’t Give Me Fair Hearing – Elumelu by Shuku0kukobambi: 8:01pm On Jul 05, 2019
SouthEastFacts:

That's the problem that PDP has. Did you see the plenary yesterday? cheesy

Majority of PDP members are with Elumelu. Even the PDP governors and BOT are with Elumelu. Chinda and Wike have lost this one

5 Likes

Re: PDP Didn’t Give Me Fair Hearing – Elumelu by Nobody: 8:03pm On Jul 05, 2019
SouthEastFacts:

Are you among the members of the house of representatives?
Be fighting for a party instead of the growth and development of the nation.

1 Like

Re: PDP Didn’t Give Me Fair Hearing – Elumelu by Blue3k(m): 9:13pm On Jul 05, 2019
kingkakaone:

Are you among the members of the house of representatives?
Be fighting for a party instead of the growth and development of the nation.

Lol they're turning into the obstructionist party. It will be funny 4 years if PDP doesn't picks fights wisely. They have issues like the economy, security and what e ever opinion polls show people are concerned with. On state level they should try an hold on Zamfara, take Kogi, and few other states up for grabs.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Didn’t Give Me Fair Hearing – Elumelu by masseratti: 9:25pm On Jul 05, 2019
SouthEastFacts:

Lies.

Oga it's called house caucus leaders for a reason.... The party do not impose its only d members that choose their leaders, that's the house rule, party chairmen writing letters to the speakers or senate presidents is just semantics and its totally wrong and alien to parliamentary systems all over the world its an abnormally, although in most cases members toes party lines to elect their leaders, if the majority members of a party should chose a particular leader..the party leadership should respect it and honor it.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Didn’t Give Me Fair Hearing – Elumelu by otokx(m): 9:36pm On Jul 05, 2019
Politics
Re: PDP Didn’t Give Me Fair Hearing – Elumelu by Nobody: 10:20pm On Jul 05, 2019
Blue3k:

Lol they're turning into the obstructionist party. It will be funny 4 years if PDP doesn't picks fights wisely. They have issues like the economy, security and what e ever opinion polls show people are concerned with. On state level they should try an hold on Zamfara, take Kogi, and few other states up for grabs.

The guy was saying "we" like the PDP knew him.
Maybe he is a nairaland reps member.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Didn’t Give Me Fair Hearing – Elumelu by Annie939(f): 10:27pm On Jul 05, 2019
don't worry speaker house of Representative will give you fair hearing after making you minority leader.
Re: PDP Didn’t Give Me Fair Hearing – Elumelu by SouthEastFacts: 11:30pm On Jul 05, 2019
masseratti:
Oga it's called house caucus leaders for a reason.... The party do not impose its only d members that choose their leaders, that's the house rule, party chairmen writing letters to the speakers or senate presidents is just semantics and its totally wrong and alien to parliamentary systems all over the world its an abnormally, although in most cases members toes party lines to elect their leaders, if the majority members of a party should chose a particular leader..the party leadership should respect it and honor it.
I don't have your time.

Every majority or minority leader is the party leader in that house of parliament. Go and study UK party politics.

In the US, they are known as the party leaders in the Congress not house caucus leader. They are even more active than the Speaker. They drive their party's legislative agenda.

In Nigeria, each region elects caucus leaders. Abaribe was SE Senate Caucus leader.
Re: PDP Didn’t Give Me Fair Hearing – Elumelu by SouthEastFacts: 11:35pm On Jul 05, 2019
Shuku0kukobambi:

That's the problem that PDP has. Did you see the plenary yesterday? cheesy

Majority of PDP members are with Elumelu. Even the PDP governors and BOT are with Elumelu. Chinda and Wike have lost this one
If Gbaja refuses to respect himself, PDP would set him up for failure. He should learn from Lawan who understood how difficult it is to run a divided house. He learnt well from Saraki.
Re: PDP Didn’t Give Me Fair Hearing – Elumelu by Shuku0kukobambi: 11:39pm On Jul 05, 2019
SouthEastFacts:

If Gbaja refuses to respect himself, PDP would set him up for failure. He should learn from Lawan who understood how difficult it is to run a divided house. He learnt well from Saraki.

When majority of PDP reps have told Wike, Chinda and Secondus to go fvck themselves?

Even the BOT chairman and SE governors chairman have endorsed and congratulated Elumelu so which PDP are you talking about?

1 Like

Re: PDP Didn’t Give Me Fair Hearing – Elumelu by garfield1: 11:47pm On Jul 05, 2019
When i say apc is a better party compared to pdp,tuniski argued blindly.apc is far more democratic.how can he be suspended without him even defending himself? If he goes to court,he will easily prevail.this is a recipe for him and others to decamp.pdp will die gradually with this antagonistic and draconian procedure
Re: PDP Didn’t Give Me Fair Hearing – Elumelu by SouthEastFacts: 11:50pm On Jul 05, 2019
Shuku0kukobambi:

When majority of PDP reps have told Wike, Chinda and Secondus to go fvck themselves?

Even the BOT chairman and SE governors chairman have endorsed and congratulated Elumelu so which PDP are you talking about?
Lol.

He has been suspended. The BOT should bring him back nah. After 1 month, outright expulsion and he should decamp to APC
Re: PDP Didn’t Give Me Fair Hearing – Elumelu by masseratti: 1:22am On Jul 06, 2019
SouthEastFacts:

I don't have your time.

Every majority or minority leader is the party leader in that house of parliament. Go and study UK party politics.

In the US, they are known as the party leaders in the Congress not house caucus leader. They are even more active than the Speaker. They drive their party's legislative agenda.

In Nigeria, each region elects caucus leaders. Abaribe was SE Senate Caucus leader.
one thing about internet is that it does not forget.... Parliamentary system are different all over the world but they have some things in common. Now you mentioned two go and Google it, how was Pelosi elected, how is the current PM of UK been elected, mind you they are both different Democratic systems and the their leadership is not imposing anyone on them Google is your friend read about .
Re: PDP Didn’t Give Me Fair Hearing – Elumelu by NCBMEDIA: 1:24am On Jul 06, 2019
Senators Lament Over the poor state of Health care In Nigeria

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wm6DXT-BPmk
Re: PDP Didn’t Give Me Fair Hearing – Elumelu by tuniski: 2:14am On Jul 06, 2019
garfield1:
When i say apc is a better party compared to pdp,tuniski argued blindly.apc is far more democratic.how can he be suspended without him even defending himself? If he goes to court,he will easily prevail.this is a recipe for him and others to decamp.pdp will die gradually with this antagonistic and draconian procedure
Pdp better than apc by far. Let him go to court and even defect bottom line, Elumelu needs PDP more than PDP needs him.
Re: PDP Didn’t Give Me Fair Hearing – Elumelu by Nobody: 3:02am On Jul 06, 2019
Shuku0kukobambi:

But Umahi, chairman SE governors forum, is standing with Elumelu nah!! Will PDP also suspend him, Okowa and the BOT members supporting them?

After the 1month suspension, what else?

As for the bold, make I just laugh cheesy

So.you guys know about indiscipline and you were pushing Saraki to his doom? cheesy
Elumelu would be recalled . PDP is not APC and Delta North is predominantly PDP
Re: PDP Didn’t Give Me Fair Hearing – Elumelu by Shuku0kukobambi: 7:21am On Jul 06, 2019
SouthEastFacts:

Lol.

He has been suspended. The BOT should bring him back nah. After 1 month, outright expulsion and he should decamp to APC

Ok o. Let's wait and see but at least he remains the minority leader

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ndigbo, Scorned In Nigeria, Making Waves Globally / See Pictures Of Some Nigerian Politicians In Mecca And Jerusalem / Is Ikonso Greater Than Oba Of Benin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.