Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,966 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:20 AM

Igbo Youths Declare Intention To Commence Cattle Rearing - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Youths Declare Intention To Commence Cattle Rearing (33476 Views)

Northeast APC Youths Declare War Against Shettima / 2023 Presidency: Osinbajo Will Not Declare Intention Thursday - Daily Post / 36 Governors Agree To End Nomadic Cattle Rearing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Youths Declare Intention To Commence Cattle Rearing by Kennydoc(m): 11:29pm On Jul 05, 2019
Chileads:
If igbo people enter cattle rearing business full full, this stupid fulani herders won't see food chop again.

I really wish those lazy governors will take this seriously. These are the kind of things they should be focusing on, and not some of those white elephant projects.

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Youths Declare Intention To Commence Cattle Rearing by idonhammer: 11:30pm On Jul 05, 2019
For wia,abi Dem go scatter the price sef to make sure no one buy from Fulani people again. I know my people. grin[center][/center]

Corbis:
Hope the prices won't be triple of the actual prices?

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Youths Declare Intention To Commence Cattle Rearing by horsepower101: 11:31pm On Jul 05, 2019
EFI Igbo(Igbo traditional cow) is back on the menu. To hell with Fulani cows fed with human blood and misery.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Youths Declare Intention To Commence Cattle Rearing by Valerie234: 11:34pm On Jul 05, 2019
Good, no be only Hausa sabi do headsmen work. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Igbo Youths Declare Intention To Commence Cattle Rearing by Glory2DLamb(m): 11:36pm On Jul 05, 2019
Hope you will also learn cow language and set up adequate security against cattle rustling. The business advantages can easily blind many to the fact that they are unwittingly bringing RUGA closer, making it a reality. Go and ask Middlebeltans. Think! Think! ! Think!!!
Re: Igbo Youths Declare Intention To Commence Cattle Rearing by GuestLog: 11:43pm On Jul 05, 2019
Patrioticman007:

What an irony, the reality is that once Igbo's start rearing cattle in the east, the effects will be good money and civil war, among Igbo's. For farmers & cattle rears will be at logger head.
Tantolu:

Rearing Cow....no be like selling spare parts o......
Haba! Rearing cows is not rocket science na.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Youths Declare Intention To Commence Cattle Rearing by 3rdavefarms(m): 11:43pm On Jul 05, 2019
Aba Cow

1 Like

Re: Igbo Youths Declare Intention To Commence Cattle Rearing by chosenwan1(m): 11:49pm On Jul 05, 2019
If there is anything you don't drag with igbos is business, The south would be better off without Northerners! Btw I have lived in the North, trust me.

7 Likes

Re: Igbo Youths Declare Intention To Commence Cattle Rearing by executive12: 11:49pm On Jul 05, 2019
Way to go. Each region should develop ranches, train their youths on cattle rearing and provide loans for them to start. That's the way to solve the farmers/herdsmen problem.

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Youths Declare Intention To Commence Cattle Rearing by executive12: 11:53pm On Jul 05, 2019
FreeBiafra2018:
The aim of their movement is contradictive .
Any Igbo youth that is not working towards restoration of Biafra is a counterfeit.

While we wait for the realization of Biafra, we have to establish cattle ranches to provide meat.

7 Likes

Re: Igbo Youths Declare Intention To Commence Cattle Rearing by MikeBetty(m): 11:53pm On Jul 05, 2019
MetaPhysical:
We go begin see fake meat and expired milk for market w h e n Ibo start herding cow. God forbid! angry
Why Not Park Well. Even If Na Rubber Meat, Me Must Chop Am.

5 Likes

Re: Igbo Youths Declare Intention To Commence Cattle Rearing by executive12: 11:53pm On Jul 05, 2019
valentineuwakwe:
will it achieve the much needed peace btw farm owners n cattle readers?

Of course.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Youths Declare Intention To Commence Cattle Rearing by eagleonearth(m): 11:56pm On Jul 05, 2019
Dear friends, there's a very important piece of history I'll like to share with you which concerns you.

On December 1, 1955, a middle-aged "negro woman" in America, Mrs. Rosa Parks, refused to stand up for a young white man who just entered the segregated bus she was ridding in. If she did, she would have had to stand all through the journey.

At that time, the bus is segregated in most parts of America: white people sit in front rows and black people sit from the back. Blacks would normally pay fare to the driver in the front, then step out of the bus and go through the back door to find a place in an already tight area at the back. If the allocated spaces for blacks are filled, all other blacks joining the bus would have to stand even when the more than half of the bus spaces reserved for whites are empty! Such was the injustice and humiliation that black Americans faced then.

*For refusing to stand up for the young white man, Mrs Rosa Parks was immediately arrested, scheduled for prosecution on Monday December 5. Then the Rev. Martins Luther King and his NAACP comrades stepped in. They called out the people. They spoke about the sad realities of their existence, the terror of an unjust system and barbaric treatments in the hands of fellow Americans*

*In addition to speaking out, these Black Americans decided to take action to protest that injustice by boycotting the segregated buses. The boycott began December 6, 1955*

Dear friends, here is the crux of the matter: Black Americans took action! For 1 year and 16 days, *they trekked to and from work or boarded improvised pooled taxes, everyday*, until the US supreme courts declared segregation unconstitutional!

During the struggle, someone offered one tired black woman a lift in his pool car, but she declined, saying, *"l ain't trekking for myself, but for my children and grandchildren "*!

So, dear friends, whenever we don’t take action and we feel unobligated, unconcerned,* we should simply remember the black Americans and those women. Without them, the freedom that US enjoys today wouldn't have happened, or happened too late.
Obama may not have become the President of US.

*So, the questions before all of us now are: Are we slaves to the Fulani people? Are you ready to trek for yourself and your generation yet unborn as the black Americans did? Are we willing to do our own little bits for the cause of good governance and security of our people? Are we ready to act? If today, it is Benue, Kaduna, Taraba, Enugu, etc, which state or community is next? We have complained and grumbled enough. Now is the time to take action*

*Dear friends, there's a general consensus that with effect from July 21st 2019, there should be a total boycott of Fulani cow meat, including suya, kanda (skin), etc. We should discipline our appetite and make this sacrifice now to put an end to the killing of farmers because of cows*

*We can get protein from chicken, goat meat, fish, pork, etc. How can we continue to patronise their business and then they turn around to kill our people and destroy our communities? Enough is enough*

Pls spread this information to people around you. Thank you. God bless.

*I think a ONE YEAR BOYCOTT for a start will send the right signals to this murderous fulani group and their government collaborators. July 21st 2019 commencement date please. Let's keep it a date*

Please spread the news to ALL your contacts.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igbo Youths Declare Intention To Commence Cattle Rearing by densiks: 11:56pm On Jul 05, 2019
These guys are trying to scam their people.

They could cash out if they package their cattle business game properly
I wish them the best!

1 Like

Re: Igbo Youths Declare Intention To Commence Cattle Rearing by executive12: 11:57pm On Jul 05, 2019
Corbis:

Prices should actually go down because of competition. There will be plenty of meat.

5 Likes

Re: Igbo Youths Declare Intention To Commence Cattle Rearing by Fuckthamods: 12:03am On Jul 06, 2019
danjumakolo:
Cattle rearing and grazing is different from animal fattening.You can do animal fattening from 1-10 cows and I can imagine the cost if feeding which will make u loose.And that's y grazing is 1000% times cheaper.
To rear just 200 cows,u need to graze the animals from 10-30Km of bush.
Can the ibo man trek for only 10km to graze cows?
Must cows graze before they can feed? Grazing is so old school and isn't practiced in developed countries. Grazing in 21st century is a joke. Nowadays the grasses are harvested with technology and brought to the ranch.

9 Likes

Re: Igbo Youths Declare Intention To Commence Cattle Rearing by MikeBetty(m): 12:07am On Jul 06, 2019
danjumakolo:
Cattle rearing and grazing is different from animal fattening.You can do animal fattening from 1-10 cows and I can imagine the cost if feeding which will make u loose.And that's y grazing is 1000% times cheaper.
To rear just 200 cows,u need to graze the animals from 10-30Km of bush.
Can the ibo man trek for only 10km to graze cows?
Primitive Mentality. Those Countries That Produces Cattle For Export, Do They Graze? Chicago And Argentina Are Practical Example. They Practices Ranching. This Your Grazing Mentality Is the Reason Why Fulanis Does Not Embrace Ranching. Google Hydroponic System Of Animal Feeding.

12 Likes

Re: Igbo Youths Declare Intention To Commence Cattle Rearing by veesion: 12:09am On Jul 06, 2019
Lol them go hear am
Re: Igbo Youths Declare Intention To Commence Cattle Rearing by Nwadiuto247: 12:13am On Jul 06, 2019
FreeBiafra2018:
Any Igbo youth that is not working towards restoration of Biafra is a counterfeit.

IPOB noise maker.

Oga pls park one side with that your IPOB Biafra thing.

Haven't you Igbos disturb us enough in Igbo land? You guys are not more Igbo than us but we keep quiet because you guys are aggressive whenever we show our rejection of your IPOB.

carry your IPOB Biafra noise and park one corner biko.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Youths Declare Intention To Commence Cattle Rearing by Ttipsy(f): 12:14am On Jul 06, 2019
lanrexdo:
You never read anything about the RUGA! You people are just the one plain stupid. it is a good idea but you people are problem, playing the ethnic card or religious card.. that is what i always killing nigeria.

Going by the name Ruga that implies that any inch of land given to Fulani herders today by any states remains theirs for ever. The policy need not to be welcomed, we want to protect our future.

Religious or tribal cards has nothing to do with this.
moreover North has a huge land mass for such project?? then why involving the south with land mass not as vast as the north? .

5 Likes

Re: Igbo Youths Declare Intention To Commence Cattle Rearing by King44(m): 12:15am On Jul 06, 2019
NaijaOlosho:
In a bid to find a lasting a solution to herdsmen-farmers’ clashes in the South East, the Ohanaeze Youth Council (OYC) has passionately appealed to governors in the zone to provide funds for farmers in the zone to indulge in cattle business and other livestock farming.

In a press statement issued by the national president of OYC, Igboayaka O Igboayaka, and made available to our correspondent in Owerri, the group contended that if such assistance was rendered by the governors, it would not only encourage indigenous cattle rearing in the zone but also reduce unemployment.

He also noted that the idea would end the constant herdsmen and farmers’ incidents in the zone.

According to the statement “in view of the raging war in these past years arising from settling of cattle herders in the South East and South-South regions, the Ohanaeze Youth Council, OYC, ably led by Comrade Igboayaka O Igboayaka, has seen reasons to urge governors of the Igbo extraction, to mobilise funds and empower indigenous farmers in the region to embark on a large-scale rearing of cattle and other livestock, using the ranching method for adequate production of milk and meat to meet the agricultural needs of our people.

“To break the ethnic monopoly of the livestock business since it has grown to become a problem for all, our governors must step in swiftly to grant loans to our local farmers who engage in cattle ranching. We must break this monopoly, not only to sanitise and upgrade the livestock business and make it more rewarding, but also to put an end to this imperialist, wanton killings and territorial claims.

The statement further reads: “OYC believes that this system will definitely improve the quality and safety of the beef and diary products suitable for export and our local consumption.

“On that note, the OYC is urging the Igbo governors to establish modern ranches to be operated by indigenes of their respective states and any other Nigerian who decides to key into it by meeting the requirements for enlistment. It will also go a long way in eradicating the dangers of nomadic cattle rearing if the governors would work together to reinvent the defunct Eastern Region’s ranches that were destroyed during the Biafra-Nigeria war.

“It is sad that after the war, the entire southern Nigeria appeared to have given up on agriculture as a business allowing the North to take the initiative. While we were growing up, we learnt of the Obudu Cattle Ranch and other ranches from where local varieties of livestock such as cows, goats and sheep were reared. These varieties which were indigenous to the evergreen vegetation zones were much more nutritious and highly prized than their lean and long-legged Sahelian counterparts. In fact, the northern livestock were generally looked down upon as inferior to the southern breeds.

“For instance, when you hear an Igbo chief hailed “Ogbu efi” the cow so referred to does not refer to the Sahelian, long-legged cows which today trample our farms and gorge on our crops. It refers to the shorter but heavier forest oxen which you do not find on the roadside butcher’s table. It is a delicacy for specialized ceremonies reserved for titled chiefs and those around them. Before the war, people kept those local varieties of livestock as the subsistent business behind their backyards. It is time we went back to this practice.

“Beyond the subsistence level, state governments in Igbo land can establish ranches and parcel out portions for the youth who are interested in livestock farming to embrace them. These youths should be trained to run these ranches as profitable businesses modeled on best practices around the world. Improved varieties of this livestock should be able to supply meat and dairy products that will make preferred alternatives to the nomadic Fulani cattle.

“Therefore, our governors must help our indigenous farmers by investing in cattle rearing and drive innovation in the agricultural sector as the high demand for beef in our states guarantees good returns on the investment. If this is done and the laws against open-grazing are firmly enforced in Igbo land, there will be no more room for armed pastoral militias and their sponsors seeking to steal other people’s ancestral lands under any guise of cattle colony or Ruga settlement,” the statement said.

>>> https://grovenaija360.com/breaking-news-igbo-youths-declare-intention-to-commence-cattle-rearing/
I am not an Igbo but I agree with this a 100 any person that does not agree with this initiative he or she is a backward thinker and a donkey, they should encourage the youth so that the SW can also adopt the model that rearing of oxen is the main deal

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Youths Declare Intention To Commence Cattle Rearing by AmericanSons: 12:17am On Jul 06, 2019
lanrexdo:
You never read anything about the RUGA! You people are just the one plain stupid. it is a good idea but you people are problem, playing the ethnic card or religious card.. that is what i always killing nigeria.

fuckkkk ooffff....

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Youths Declare Intention To Commence Cattle Rearing by Ttipsy(f): 12:25am On Jul 06, 2019
King44:
I am not an Igbo but I agree with this a 100 any person that does not agree with this initiative he or she is a backward thinker and a donkey, they should encourage the youth so that the SW can also adopt the model that rearing of oxen is the main deal
must you be Igbo to agree to that?? don't you have sense ? Nigerians shaa

7 Likes

Re: Igbo Youths Declare Intention To Commence Cattle Rearing by STARGREEN(m): 12:26am On Jul 06, 2019
FreeBiafra2018:
Go and relax your watery brain for sleep it's late for imbeciles to be awake by this time.
This is too harsh under this their harsh economy

1 Like

Re: Igbo Youths Declare Intention To Commence Cattle Rearing by King44(m): 12:31am On Jul 06, 2019
Ttipsy:
must you be Igbo to agree to that?? don't you have sense ? Nigerians shaa
its a question Yes I do I have sense more than you do, it seems you don't have at all just worried for you

1 Like

Re: Igbo Youths Declare Intention To Commence Cattle Rearing by Ttipsy(f): 12:33am On Jul 06, 2019
King44:
its a question Yes I do I have sense more than you do, it seems you don't have at all just worried for you
you just answered my question, why the insults now
Re: Igbo Youths Declare Intention To Commence Cattle Rearing by King44(m): 12:46am On Jul 06, 2019
Ttipsy:
it was a silly question
Re: Igbo Youths Declare Intention To Commence Cattle Rearing by King44(m): 12:46am On Jul 06, 2019
Ttipsy:
it was a silly question sorry for the insult
Re: Igbo Youths Declare Intention To Commence Cattle Rearing by King44(m): 12:47am On Jul 06, 2019
Ttipsy:
it was a silly question pardon me for the insult
Re: Igbo Youths Declare Intention To Commence Cattle Rearing by francesco17(m): 12:50am On Jul 06, 2019
FreeBiafra2018:

N y not start developing the said Biafra while still fighting for your Biafra while still in Nigeria..... Self sufficient is the key.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Youths Declare Intention To Commence Cattle Rearing by degamemaster(m): 1:03am On Jul 06, 2019
Corbis:

Call down, just say IGBO AMAKA and you will have enough meet to eat. grin grin grin

Finally the Igbos are about to take over the business.
Sorry fulani, you people stayed the bullshit now Igbos want to help you move it to the permanent site.

7 Likes

Re: Igbo Youths Declare Intention To Commence Cattle Rearing by Pinkybush: 1:07am On Jul 06, 2019
Well said my brothers from SE. I don't know why SS is reluctant to make any sense since this ruga brohaha started.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Rear Admiral IO Mohammed, Seaman Haruna Goshit Scheduled For Public Hearing / Bomb Attack At School of Legal Studies In Kano / Jega-must-go Protest In Warri, Delta State [see Pictures]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.