Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,180 members, 7,807,576 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:31 PM

Buffon Chooses No.77 , Named Captain And Number 1 Goalkeeper - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Buffon Chooses No.77 , Named Captain And Number 1 Goalkeeper (649 Views)

Vincent Enyeama: Lille Celebrates Nigeria's Former Number 1 Goalkeeper / Legendary Italian Goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon Retires From Football / Cristiano Ronaldo Chooses Acting As Retirement Plans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Buffon Chooses No.77 , Named Captain And Number 1 Goalkeeper by reportminds: 9:21pm On Jul 05, 2019
Gianluigi Buffon has chosen No.77 shirt after his sensational return to Juventus.

'I thank both Chiellini & Szczesny, who spoke to me in the last few days and offered me the number 1 shirt and the captain's armband, What's fair, however, is that the starting GK keeps the number 1 and that Giorgio, who is like a brother to me, stay as the Captain', says Buffon.

'What will my shirt be? I thought of the '77', which represents a bit of my story, and it was with that number in Parma, playing a sensational season, that I had the chance to come to Juventus.'

Buffon added that he was delighted to have the chance to return to Turin, where he gained a reputation as one of the world's finest goalkeepers over the years.

"I am very happy to return home and have the chance to embrace you all once again," he told Juve fans in a video released on social media.

"This is one of the happiest days of my life. Now I have confirmation that life is incredible and that dreams are worthwhile.

"I come back because you cannot turn down a lady's invitation. I come back because this is my home."

Pictures available here https://www.reportminds.com/2019/07/buffon-chooses-no77-named-captain-and.html

lalasticlala, seun, mynd44, dominique
Re: Buffon Chooses No.77 , Named Captain And Number 1 Goalkeeper by ManspaceBarber(m): 9:23pm On Jul 05, 2019
smiley Gigi deserves it. He's a legend for the old lady of Turin. cool

(1) (Reply)

Ronaldinho's Properties And Passport Seized Over Unpaid Depts And Taxes / "I Enjoy Having S*x Than Scoring Goals" – Cristiano Ronaldo Reveals / Poland Ahead Of Nigeria In Race For Chelsea Defender

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.