Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,674 members, 7,801,946 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:38 AM

Shocking! Ecobank Sacks All Tellers Bankwide - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Shocking! Ecobank Sacks All Tellers Bankwide (3217 Views)

Mass Sack In Ecobank, Sacked Workers Protest (Photos) / Charles Kie Resigns As Ecobank Nigeria's CEO / Adenuga's Globacom Sacks 90 Married Female Staff - LasgidiOnline.com.ng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shocking! Ecobank Sacks All Tellers Bankwide by Bravity1000(m): 11:43pm On Jul 05, 2019
News reaching me now that Ecobank Naija has sacked all dem tellers in order to cut cost. Some of dis tellers received dis news as a shock while some have already had info before date. Cost cutting! Hmmm. Some individuals in same bank earn as much as 1 milla which can cover for more than 20 tellers salaries. I as a customer,I m still wondering how I will b able to withdraw my tachere change on Monday as all d tellers have been sacked. I hope commotion no go dey for banking premises sha. Well, I still gather that some of d tellers are celebrating dem freedom from d non growth oriented system of contract staffing that have arrested dem for a long time. Well. Happy freedom. May God help us in Nigeria. I hope say dem go pay dem, dem benefit Wella. Goodluck.

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Shocking! Ecobank Sacks All Tellers Bankwide by emmylight4u: 11:46pm On Jul 05, 2019
Na wao...ecobank bank America wonder bank!!! ...them don perform again....ho can the bank sack all tellers same day...the management no the try oooo.
Re: Shocking! Ecobank Sacks All Tellers Bankwide by emmylight4u: 12:19am On Jul 06, 2019
Bravity1000:
News reaching me now that Ecobank Naija has sacked all dem tellers in order to cut cost. Some of dis tellers received dis news as a shock while some have already had info before date. Cost cutting! Hmmm. Some individuals in same bank earn as much as 1 milla which can cover for more than 20 tellers salaries. I as a customer,I m still wondering how I will b able to withdraw my tachere change on Monday as all d tellers have been sacked. I hope commotion no go dey for banking premises sha. Well, I still gather that some of d tellers are celebrating dem freedom from d non growth oriented system of contract staffing that have arrested dem for a long time. Well. Happy freedom. May God help us in Nigeria. I hope say dem go pay dem, dem benefit Wella. Goodluck.
Re: Shocking! Ecobank Sacks All Tellers Bankwide by YOUNGELDER1(m): 1:27am On Jul 06, 2019
Source??

Stop spreading fake news

1 Like

Re: Shocking! Ecobank Sacks All Tellers Bankwide by Bravity1000(m): 1:52am On Jul 06, 2019
YOUNGELDER1:
Source??

Stop spreading fake news

U Neva know cho chin! On Monday GO.
Re: Shocking! Ecobank Sacks All Tellers Bankwide by emmylight4u: 2:17am On Jul 06, 2019
See as those guys the jubilate....freedom good o
Re: Shocking! Ecobank Sacks All Tellers Bankwide by ANU707: 3:19am On Jul 06, 2019
Please what is your source..? The same Ecobank I read has hired over 250 graduate trainees and they are set to be absolved into the system.

1 Like

Re: Shocking! Ecobank Sacks All Tellers Bankwide by emmylight4u: 4:23am On Jul 06, 2019
ANU707:
Please what is your source..? The same Ecobank I read has hired over 250 graduate trainees and they are set to be absolved into the system.
...bros we are giving you sack news you re talking about recruitment....you can verify it
Re: Shocking! Ecobank Sacks All Tellers Bankwide by kajsa08: 7:23am On Jul 06, 2019
Ecobank has already employed new tellers to be absolved into the system.
Story plenty sha. Not in my place to write much as I know a lot of affected people.

1 Like

Re: Shocking! Ecobank Sacks All Tellers Bankwide by emmylight4u: 8:14am On Jul 06, 2019
kajsa08:
Ecobank has already employed new tellers to be absolved into the system.
Story plenty sha. Not in my place to write much as I know a lot of affected people.
...that my guy were d doubt say u hear am ba?
Re: Shocking! Ecobank Sacks All Tellers Bankwide by JamieNaija(m): 8:28am On Jul 06, 2019
but i hear say the tellers have been asked to apply to become full staff of the bank.

That the bank had started a deliberate policy to stop contract staffing system who are not direct employees of the bank.... right not the contract of some existing tellers have expired and the bank decided not to renew.

1 Like

Re: Shocking! Ecobank Sacks All Tellers Bankwide by Bravity1000(m): 8:41am On Jul 06, 2019
JamieNaija:
but i hear say the tellers have been asked to apply to become full staff of the bank.

That the bank had started a deliberate policy to stop contract staffing system who are not direct employees of the bank.... right not the contract of some existing tellers have expired and the bank decided not to renew.
let wait for update as things unfold.
Re: Shocking! Ecobank Sacks All Tellers Bankwide by EMiks: 9:04am On Jul 06, 2019
Before you post anything , it is only fair you make background research first.

Eco bank had in 2017 given their drivers cars and money to become self employed .. as delebrate policy to adopt more cost efficient transport systems..where the same drivers had opportunities to participate.

They take their employees seriously cause they know that happy employees translate to happy clients .
Re: Shocking! Ecobank Sacks All Tellers Bankwide by kajsa08: 9:27am On Jul 06, 2019
JamieNaija:

Are you a staff?
Once you're converted to staff all your previous years of work and benefits will be forfeited.
And once you're staffed, you'll be flushed out without Kobo.
No more gratuity.
Who no get sense this 2019?

Enough said

3 Likes

Re: Shocking! Ecobank Sacks All Tellers Bankwide by kajsa08: 9:32am On Jul 06, 2019
EMiks:

Eco bank had in 2017 given their drivers cars and money to become self employed .. as delebrate policy to adopt more cost efficient transport systems..where the same drivers had opportunities to participate.

They take their employees seriously cause they know that happy employees translate to happy clients .

You're writing from the customer point of view. Your last paragraph makes me laugh.

They've lost their best hands and they'll have more cases of fraud with these new recruits.

Watch out how the public panics and start closing accounts.

Enough said.
Re: Shocking! Ecobank Sacks All Tellers Bankwide by Bravity1000(m): 10:50am On Jul 06, 2019
kajsa08:

You're writing from the customer point of view. Your last paragraph makes me laugh.

They've lost their best hands and they'll have more cases of fraud with these new recruits.

Watch out how the public panics and start closing accounts.

Enough said.
d man who made it possible almost lost his life. Are u aware?lolllll

1 Like

Re: Shocking! Ecobank Sacks All Tellers Bankwide by paulalasiri: 10:55am On Jul 06, 2019
All that news na fake news ooo.
Those staffs are contract staff to Ecobank and More that 250 graduates recruited have started training at the Ecobank training school ikeja. They will be absolved into the system.
quote author=emmylight4u post=79982785]Na wao...ecobank bank America wonder bank!!! ...them don perform again....ho can the bank sack all tellers same day...the management no the try oooo.

[/quote]
Re: Shocking! Ecobank Sacks All Tellers Bankwide by kajsa08: 11:46am On Jul 06, 2019
Bravity1000:
d man who made it possible almost lost his life. Are u aware?lolllll

Charles Kay.
He complained of being jazzed.
He ran for his precious life. grin
Re: Shocking! Ecobank Sacks All Tellers Bankwide by Bravity1000(m): 12:10pm On Jul 06, 2019
kajsa08:

Charles Kay.
He complained of being jazzed.
He ran for his precious life. grin
. My brother,DAT man see obaaaaa
Re: Shocking! Ecobank Sacks All Tellers Bankwide by emmylight4u: 12:12pm On Jul 06, 2019
paulalasiri:
All that news na fake news ooo.
Those staffs are contract staff to Ecobank and More that 250 graduates recruited have started training at the Ecobank training school ikeja. They will be absolved into the system.
quote author=emmylight4u post=79982785]Na wao...ecobank bank America wonder bank!!! ...them don perform again....ho can the bank sack all tellers same day...the management no the try oooo.

ecobank the look for cheap labour...after training school them go the pay them 40k....I laugh
Re: Shocking! Ecobank Sacks All Tellers Bankwide by emmylight4u: 12:19pm On Jul 06, 2019
EMiks:

...guy you talk like an insider oh...Charles Kie did well for the drivers no doubt but him see sage...if he had remained a little as the MD, all these tellers that were sacked would have been converted but naija agreed too much....there is nothing like contract staff in other African countries where we have ecobank except naija...he was against it and wonted6it abolished but it was a big bone for him to bite...
Re: Shocking! Ecobank Sacks All Tellers Bankwide by Bravity1000(m): 12:23pm On Jul 06, 2019
emmylight4u:
...guy you talk like an insider oh...Charles Kie did well for the drivers no doubt but him see sage...if he had remained a little as the MD, all these tellers that were sacked would have been converted but naija agreed too much....there is nothing like contract staff in other African countries where we have ecobank except naija...he was against it and wonted6it abolished but it was a big bone for him to bite...
dem go auction obsolete items, na so so dem dem go still buy am because dem get money pass d conti staff lollll. Wickedness everywhere

1 Like

Re: Shocking! Ecobank Sacks All Tellers Bankwide by yadnusedimoya: 4:58pm On Jul 06, 2019
If this is the actual story, it means Ecobank has started a deliberate action to end casualisation in the Bank. The Tellers in involved are not direct staff of Ecobank. They are contract staff and i also learnt they have been asked to apply to become full staff of the bank if they so wish. From what I can remember, Nigerians have been against the issue of contract staff/ casual workers for long. So this is more of a potentially positive move.

I don't know how true this is, but i heard affected contract staff are also offered option to be Xpresspoint Agents which is under Ecobank’s Agency Banking franchise across Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Shocking! Ecobank Sacks All Tellers Bankwide by UrbanCulture06: 5:08pm On Jul 06, 2019
Wetin you wan gain from spreading fake news �‍♂️
You even said “from reliable source” LMAO. Okay, did this your source told you they are contact staffs and not less than 250 graduates recruited have started training at the Ecobank Nigeria training school ikeja. They will be absolved into the system.
Re: Shocking! Ecobank Sacks All Tellers Bankwide by kajsa08: 7:17pm On Jul 06, 2019
yadnusedimoya:

If this is the actual story, it means Ecobank has started a deliberate action to end casualisation in the Bank. The Tellers in involved are not direct staff of Ecobank. They are contract staff and i also learnt they have been asked to apply to become full staff of the bank if they so wish. From what I can remember, Nigerians have been against the issue of contract staff/ casual workers for long. So this is more of a potentially positive move.

I don't know how true this is, but i heard affected contract staff are also offered option to be Xpresspoint Agents which is under Ecobank’s Agency Banking franchise across Nigeria.

1. They didn't ask anyone to apply to become full staff.
2. Xpresspoint Agents are going to be paid on commission. (your input determines your salary)
3. They are just cutting costs.
4. Make I swallow this one. grin
Re: Shocking! Ecobank Sacks All Tellers Bankwide by Bravity1000(m): 7:45pm On Jul 06, 2019
kajsa08:

1. They didn't ask anyone to apply to become full staff.
2. Xpresspoint Agents are going to be paid on commission. (your input determines your salary)
3. They are just cutting costs.
4. Make I swallow this one. grin
my brother, u don finish d whose tin

1 Like

Re: Shocking! Ecobank Sacks All Tellers Bankwide by emmylight4u: 8:29pm On Jul 06, 2019
...we also gathered that all affected tellers had closed and gone to their respective houses on Friday only to be told to return to the office by 8pm same day only to receive the shocking news...what a way to start the weekend.

The people who are employed as replacement are expected to receive 40k monthly salary.

Reward system in ecobank seems to be very poor as many of their workers are disgruntled.

1 Like

Re: Shocking! Ecobank Sacks All Tellers Bankwide by kajsa08: 10:01am On Jul 07, 2019
emmylight4u:
...we also gathered that all affected tellers had closed and gone to their respective houses on Friday only to be told to return to the office by 8pm same day only to receive the shocking news...what a way to start the weekend.

The people who are employed as replacement are expected to receive 40k monthly salary.

Reward system in ecobank seems to be very poor as many of their workers are disgruntled.

Some were told by their CSM to drop their ID card.
I even saw a video of ICSL staff celebrating and praising God for the freedom. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shocking! Ecobank Sacks All Tellers Bankwide by Bravity1000(m): 3:53pm On Jul 09, 2019
kajsa08:

Some were told by their CSM to drop their ID card.
I even saw a video of ICSL staff celebrating and praising God for the freedom. grin
person work for more than 10 years in eco Bank n get sacked ,u get paid 300k. Oh my God
Re: Shocking! Ecobank Sacks All Tellers Bankwide by Odualomo1: 6:35pm On Jul 09, 2019
[quote author=YOUNGELDER1 post=79983761]Source??

Stop spreading fake
Not a fake news please. The management of that bank is evil,corrupt. They sacked tellers that have worked with them for year with no tangible pay off. The tellers that got 600k have worked for 14years
Re: Shocking! Ecobank Sacks All Tellers Bankwide by emmylight4u: 8:55pm On Jul 09, 2019
[quote author=Odualomo1 post=80101954][/quote]...Ecobank is very WICKED....wicked management ever .
Very insensitive to their employees.
The newly employed tellers to be be paid 40k in this present naija..na wao.
Even their ATM no de Everly work.
WICKED WICKED WICKED!!! All I can say

1 Like

Re: Shocking! Ecobank Sacks All Tellers Bankwide by Odualomo1: 9:13pm On Jul 09, 2019
The New tellers were recruited by the MD outsourcing company which is conflict of interest and fraud. In a sane country, it calls for investigation. The Old teller were paid peanut as severance which is calculated by dividing their monthly salary into two then multiply by number of years which is very very poor. For example a teller salary is 79k and he worked for 7years. That means 34500×7=241,500. This is evil. For someone to have worked for Long without any fraud, No breach of regulatory policies that expose the bank to any sanction. The management has decided to make them cry to me that is an act of witchcraft.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Which Areas Are The Best For Young Graduates To Do Masters In Nigeria? / Professional Opinions On IHS Tower, T-SAP (technical Skills Acquisition Program) / What Is The Starting Salary For Drilling Engineers & Sub Sea Engineers?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.