Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,821 members, 7,806,308 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:29 PM

Breeding Plan For Beverly. First Of Its Kind For A Lhasa apso In Nigeria - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Breeding Plan For Beverly. First Of Its Kind For A Lhasa apso In Nigeria (2578 Views)

My lhasa apso, Beverly is on heat again. / Delivered A Lhasa Apso Pup For CDQ Today (pic) / Looking For Female Maltese Or Lhasa Apso In Warri To Cross My Male Maltese (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breeding Plan For Beverly. First Of Its Kind For A Lhasa apso In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jul 06, 2019
Beverly started her first heat when she was 8 months old. I can't possibly breed her at that age because she is like a 12 year old girl at that age.

So since her first heat I have been searching for the best stud that complements Beverly's appearance and temperament for months.

Most of the studs I saw there was no way to know their real appearance because their coat were cut short and shaved.

Some people had good stud with the coat intact but didn't have record of the parents of the stud. Some studs were simply owned by breeders who didn't look after their dog well. I would state my reasons for not choosing them.

1) If you have a lhasa with clipped/shaved coat there is no way I will know if your lhasas coat complements mine. How will I know how beautiful and conditioned looking the coat is? How will I know if it's straight or curly? These characteristics are very important to the standard conformation of the lhasa apso breed. I cannot breed my bitch with a stud I don't know how good his coat looks , so that's a disqualification.

2)If you have a good looking stud but you don't have the record of the parents , the job is half way done. The reason for this: it can happen that the stud's father is good looking but the mother is substandard, the stud can luckily pick the good looks Gene (dominant Gene) of the father , thereby having the substandard look of the mother hidden inside his Gene(recessive Gene), so it's when the stud starts breeding that you would begin to see substandard pups being produced then you start asking yourself how come? As important as the appearance of the dog is , it's also very important to see the parents of the dog , this is a better way to assess the dog's appearance as it reveals more information of the genetic composition of the dog. If you have information about the grandparents, it's even better as this would reveal deeply recessive Gene of the dog that cannot be seen in the stud, but the stud grandchildren or thereabout.

3)If your dog is good looking and you also luckily have the record of its parents but you are not taking good care of the dog, what's the use? No matter how quality your dog is , and the records you have , if you do not take good care of the dog , the dog's good Genes are as good as none. It's very important that the dog is raised in a family setting , well fed , loved and given everything a dog needs , this would ensure that the genes are manifested maximally. Without substance , the genes cannot perform as they ought to.

This was a very tedious work for me and it took me months of searching and referral to finally find the best lhasa apso stud that meets all my criteria and also complement my Beverly. The pedigree of the stud and the pedigree of Beverly are both recorded online. What is left now is for Beverly to mature, so her pups would have their pedigree recorded up to the 2nd generation at least (this is the closest to pedigree we can get in Nigeria).

Also when I want to sell her pups , you just have to be a regular family person who just want to have a family pet and is financially stable , not selling to just anybody.

And of course only the category of people I want to own my future pups would be able to afford them(they are not going to be cheap). �

Also you are not just going to get a pet from me, you would get different paid ebooks from Amazon on how to take care of a puppy , training and dog behavior books , books for the lhasa apso breeds and some AKC books for dog owners. You would also get articles about dogs written by me, and 2 months of free consultation and guide on your new dog(should you encounter any problem/issues) when you get one from me. Also each pup would have their personality testing using Wendy volhard puppy assessment test, to determine how their temperament would be in future. Your satisfaction would be our utmost priority.

What is worth doing is worth doing well.

4 Likes

Re: Breeding Plan For Beverly. First Of Its Kind For A Lhasa apso In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jul 06, 2019
Preorder is open. wink
Re: Breeding Plan For Beverly. First Of Its Kind For A Lhasa apso In Nigeria by theecaus(m): 3:44pm On Jul 06, 2019
Lol I couldn’t read it all finish. Update us with Murphy pictures when you finally meet em

2 Likes

Re: Breeding Plan For Beverly. First Of Its Kind For A Lhasa apso In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:18am On Jul 07, 2019
theecaus:
Lol I couldn’t read it all finish. Update us with Murphy pictures when you finally meet em

He is very cute , I have to take permission from the owner to share his picture

1 Like

Re: Breeding Plan For Beverly. First Of Its Kind For A Lhasa apso In Nigeria by theecaus(m): 8:59am On Jul 07, 2019
Well, the fact that you’ve told us he’s cute then no problem
Jackofall:

He is very cute , I have to take permission from the owner to share his picture

1 Like

Re: Breeding Plan For Beverly. First Of Its Kind For A Lhasa apso In Nigeria by Officialgarri: 6:01pm On Aug 26, 2019
Jackofall:
Preorder is open. wink

I need a white Lhasa. Used to own one before, —sophie— but that's years back since I left my parent's home.

1 Like

Re: Breeding Plan For Beverly. First Of Its Kind For A Lhasa apso In Nigeria by johnnyn1(m): 10:43pm On Aug 26, 2019
I have one..
Kindly chat me up on Whatsapp IF YOU ARE INTERESTED 08149848384.
Officialgarri:

I need a white Lhasa. Used to own one before, —sophie— but that's years back since I left my parent's home.
Re: Breeding Plan For Beverly. First Of Its Kind For A Lhasa apso In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:18am On Aug 27, 2019
Are you God and is your dog Adam?

4 Likes

Re: Breeding Plan For Beverly. First Of Its Kind For A Lhasa apso In Nigeria by Toju200(m): 9:08am On Aug 27, 2019
Jackofall:
Beverly started her first heat when she was 8 months old. I can't possibly breed her at that age because she is like a 12 year old girl at that age.

So since her first heat I have been searching for the best stud that complements Beverly's appearance and temperament for months.

Most of the studs I saw there was no way to know their real appearance because their coat were cut short and shaved.

Some people had good stud with the coat intact but didn't have record of the parents of the stud. Some studs were simply owned by breeders who didn't look after their dog well. I would state my reasons for not choosing them.

1) If you have a lhasa with clipped/shaved coat there is no way I will know if your lhasas coat complements mine. How will I know how beautiful and conditioned looking the coat is? How will I know if it's straight or curly? These characteristics are very important to the standard conformation of the lhasa apso breed. I cannot breed my bitch with a stud I don't know how good his coat looks , so that's a disqualification.

2)If you have a good looking stud but you don't have the record of the parents , the job is half way done. The reason for this: it can happen that the stud's father is good looking but the mother is substandard, the stud can luckily pick the good looks Gene (dominant Gene) of the father , thereby having the substandard look of the mother hidden inside his Gene(recessive Gene), so it's when the stud starts breeding that you would begin to see substandard pups being produced then you start asking yourself how come? As important as the appearance of the dog is , it's also very important to see the parents of the dog , this is a better way to assess the dog's appearance as it reveals more information of the genetic composition of the dog. If you have information about the grandparents, it's even better as this would reveal deeply recessive Gene of the dog that cannot be seen in the stud, but the stud grandchildren or thereabout.

3)If your dog is good looking and you also luckily have the record of its parents but you are not taking good care of the dog, what's the use? No matter how quality your dog is , and the records you have , if you do not take good care of the dog , the dog's good Genes are as good as none. It's very important that the dog is raised in a family setting , well fed , loved and given everything a dog needs , this would ensure that the genes are manifested maximally. Without substance , the genes cannot perform as they ought to.

This was a very tedious work for me and it took me months of searching and referral to finally find the best lhasa apso stud that meets all my criteria and also complement my Beverly. The pedigree of the stud and the pedigree of Beverly are both recorded online. What is left now is for Beverly to mature, so her pups would have their pedigree recorded up to the 2nd generation at least (this is the closest to pedigree we can get in Nigeria).

Also when I want to sell her pups , you just have to be a regular family person who just want to have a family pet and is financially stable , not selling to just anybody.

And of course only the category of people I want to own my future pups would be able to afford them(they are not going to be cheap). �

Also you are not just going to get a pet from me, you would get different paid ebooks from Amazon on how to take care of a puppy , training and dog behavior books , books for the lhasa apso breeds and some AKC books for dog owners. You would also get articles about dogs written by me, and 2 months of free consultation and guide on your new dog(should you encounter any problem/issues) when you get one from me. Also each pup would have their personality testing using Wendy volhard puppy assessment test, to determine how their temperament would be in future. Your satisfaction would be our utmost priority.

What is worth doing is worth doing well.
I have a male lhasa apso virgin grin but I don't know why I can't upload the pictures...but I can send u on Whatsapp just need ur number

1 Like

Re: Breeding Plan For Beverly. First Of Its Kind For A Lhasa apso In Nigeria by Toju200(m): 9:26am On Aug 27, 2019
But sir some of your condition are just too tough...what if some has a very pretty lhasa apso but don't have their parents certificate...why should it affect their mating what if some was just gifted to someone...the factors that you have to consider is perhaps the health status of the dog it's temperance and neatness....that's all.

1 Like

Re: Breeding Plan For Beverly. First Of Its Kind For A Lhasa apso In Nigeria by kennynoah1987(m): 11:17am On Aug 27, 2019
Both parent were imported hes one year 4 month old.
Hes also up for sale

2 Likes

Re: Breeding Plan For Beverly. First Of Its Kind For A Lhasa apso In Nigeria by Guesswho1234: 9:05pm On Aug 27, 2019
Please guys I just got gifted this puppy and I need help identifying his breed

1 Share

Re: Breeding Plan For Beverly. First Of Its Kind For A Lhasa apso In Nigeria by johnnyn1(m): 9:30pm On Aug 27, 2019
Cute dog �
Guesswho1234:
Please guys I just got gifted this puppy and I need help identifying his breed
Re: Breeding Plan For Beverly. First Of Its Kind For A Lhasa apso In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:12pm On Aug 28, 2019
Toju200:
I have a male lhasa apso virgin grin but I don't know why I can't upload the pictures...but I can send u on Whatsapp just need ur number

Delta your location is far anyway. Thanks
Re: Breeding Plan For Beverly. First Of Its Kind For A Lhasa apso In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:14pm On Aug 28, 2019
kennynoah1987:
Both parent were imported hes one year 4 month old.
Hes also up for sale

Love this dog . Do you have both parents pictures and their details? Why do you want to sell him?

If yes to all my requirements I might buy him from you ...
Re: Breeding Plan For Beverly. First Of Its Kind For A Lhasa apso In Nigeria by space9880: 7:38am On Aug 29, 2019
Toju200:
But sir some of your condition are just too tough...what if some has a very pretty lhasa apso but don't have their parents certificate...why should it affect their mating what if some was just gifted to someone...the factors that you have to consider is perhaps the health status of the dog it's temperance and neatness....that's all.
phenotype is not enough pedigree is most important

1 Like

Re: Breeding Plan For Beverly. First Of Its Kind For A Lhasa apso In Nigeria by kennynoah1987(m): 9:18pm On Aug 29, 2019
Jackofall:

Love this dog . Do you have both parents pictures and their details? Why do you want to sell him?

If yes to all my requirements I might buy him from you ...
Owner needed money,hes very productive, chat me up for his videos,

1 Like

Re: Breeding Plan For Beverly. First Of Its Kind For A Lhasa apso In Nigeria by johnnyn1(m): 9:40pm On Aug 29, 2019
Price..
kennynoah1987:

Owner needed money,hes very productive, chat me up for his videos,
Re: Breeding Plan For Beverly. First Of Its Kind For A Lhasa apso In Nigeria by kennynoah1987(m): 5:52pm On Aug 31, 2019
[quote author=johnnyn1 post=81739147]Price..[/quote
Give away price 65k
Re: Breeding Plan For Beverly. First Of Its Kind For A Lhasa apso In Nigeria by kennynoah1987(m): 5:53pm On Aug 31, 2019
johnnyn1:
Price..
Give away 65k
Re: Breeding Plan For Beverly. First Of Its Kind For A Lhasa apso In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:38pm On Aug 31, 2019
check out this pedigree stud, he is 1 year 9 months old.

1 Like

Re: Breeding Plan For Beverly. First Of Its Kind For A Lhasa apso In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:37pm On Sep 01, 2019
space9880:
phenotype is not enough pedigree is most important

Thanks for pointing that out to him.
Re: Breeding Plan For Beverly. First Of Its Kind For A Lhasa apso In Nigeria by kennynoah1987(m): 11:57am On Sep 02, 2019
4 months old Male for give away 35k
Call or chat 08028020406

(1) (Reply)

Meet Eve At 3months / SOLD:-Aggressive 8months Old Male Brindle Boerboel For Sale. Contact 07065296076 / Male American Pit Bull Terrier Puppies Available In Maryland, Lagos.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.