Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,248 members, 7,780,512 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:43 PM

Is It Unfashionable To Wear A Check Shirt On A Striped Trouser? - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Is It Unfashionable To Wear A Check Shirt On A Striped Trouser? (5413 Views)

Hausa Designer Adds Cufflinks To Trouser Of Native Wear(photos) - / Different Ways To Wear A Pink Blazer. / Can You Wear A Bikini? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Unfashionable To Wear A Check Shirt On A Striped Trouser? by slap1(m): 7:04pm On Oct 09, 2010
I bought a brown striped trouser a while ago and wore it a few times till someone told me not to wear a check or even an equally striped shirt on it, that it's against fashion rule or something like that. I abandoned the trouser which is still new. Today I bought a nice striped shirt that matched the trouser. I was happy till I remembered what the person said. Please, is it true? Is it unfashionable?
Re: Is It Unfashionable To Wear A Check Shirt On A Striped Trouser? by Odunnu: 7:26pm On Oct 09, 2010
Plz dont do it again!
Are u from imezi?
Its like a gurl wearin a stripped shirt on a flowered stirt.
For your trouser to be used,you must get a plain shirt and wear it with it.
Re: Is It Unfashionable To Wear A Check Shirt On A Striped Trouser? by Nobody: 7:55pm On Oct 09, 2010
^^yes seconded
Re: Is It Unfashionable To Wear A Check Shirt On A Striped Trouser? by slap1(m): 8:24pm On Oct 09, 2010
Odunnu:

Plz dont do it again!
Are u from imezi?
Its like a gurl wearin a stripped shirt on a flowered stirt.
For your trouser to be used,you must get a plain shirt and wear it with it.
Thanks. It's good to ask questions coz I'm not a fashion freak, though I dress cool, ALWAYS!
Re: Is It Unfashionable To Wear A Check Shirt On A Striped Trouser? by iice(f): 9:45am On Oct 12, 2010
It may not look good to many people. But i tend to dress that way. I even add horizontal stripped socks to the whole ensemble. One of the reasons i love Andre 3000. . .he dresses too kooky to be normal but yet he's very fashionable.
Re: Is It Unfashionable To Wear A Check Shirt On A Striped Trouser? by palma(f): 5:42pm On Oct 12, 2010
Stripe on stripe? stripe on check? A fashion disaster! Let all celebrity wear it, the fact still remains u gonna luk lyk a clown or Joker. shocked shocked shocked
Re: Is It Unfashionable To Wear A Check Shirt On A Striped Trouser? by InkedNerd(f): 5:23am On Oct 13, 2010
It depends on how you pull it off. My sister goes to a fashion school so I've seen a lot of unique and interesting combos before. If you have the confidence and can pull it off the work it wink.
Re: Is It Unfashionable To Wear A Check Shirt On A Striped Trouser? by Godmother(f): 1:54pm On Oct 13, 2010
Stripe on stripe is so unfashionable you should be banned from nairaland for wearing it  grin
Seriously, no matter the amount of confidence you try to muster when you wear a striped shirt on a striped trousers, it just wont pull cos IT'S A MAJOR FASHION BLUNDER
Re: Is It Unfashionable To Wear A Check Shirt On A Striped Trouser? by naijadiva2(f): 9:26pm On Oct 13, 2010
some folks can pull it off, but to me thats a no-no.

(1) (Reply)

Is Skinwhite Hand And Body Lotion Good For A Sensitive Skin? / Why Do Nigerian Fashion Designers Use Foreign Names For Their Brands? / Lady Gaga Puts On Very Sexy Display In L.a(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.