Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,325 members, 7,780,808 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:52 PM

Nigeria Vs South Africa: AFCON Quarter Final (2 - 1) Full Time - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs South Africa: AFCON Quarter Final (2 - 1) Full Time (207345 Views)

Nigeria Vs South Africa AFCON 2023 Semi-Finals (4 - 2)pens On 7 Feb 2024 / Egypt Vs Morocco : AFCON 2021 Quarter-final (2 - 1) On 30th January 2022 / Cameroon Vs. Nigeria: 2018 AWCON Semi-Final - 2 - 4 - Penalties (Full Time) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (82) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: AFCON Quarter Final (2 - 1) Full Time by Nobody: 5:17pm On Jul 07, 2019
nongo123:

Tell them that South Africa performs better as underdogs. We hen no one expect us to win that's when we perform beyond our capabilities.

Will you shut your dirty mouth? If not that the Super Eagles is not what it used to be how can South Africa talk when Nigeria is talking? Do you have any player as popular as Ighalo in your bafana bafana history? Ighalo won't even make our top 20 best players in Nigeria ever. A country with 5 million people is talking when millions have not made impact. Did you not hear we were ranked the 4th best team in the world in the 90s? You think it's child's play?

8 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: AFCON Quarter Final (2 - 1) Full Time by stanliwise(m): 5:21pm On Jul 07, 2019
XhosaNostra:

Yeah, but Bafana has been disappointing us for far too long. It's about time we teach people a few painful lessons. Feathers will fly on Wednesday grin The Lorchness monster is coming for the eagles.
Xhosa at it again. But meanwhile the end of the road is here for the Bafana
Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: AFCON Quarter Final (2 - 1) Full Time by XhosaNostra(f): 5:28pm On Jul 07, 2019
stanliwise:
Xhosa at it again. But meanwhile the end of the road is here for the Bafana

Lol, there'll be tears all over Gwagwalada on Wednesday. Mark my words. Just don't do anything funny when that happens. I know how quick your hand is with the Sniper grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: AFCON Quarter Final (2 - 1) Full Time by Nobody: 5:30pm On Jul 07, 2019
Lionessza6:

grin I didn't watch the match as well because I didn't want to watch another lose from our team . The outcome is a pleasant surprise though. Let's see how we will handle the noisy chickens on Wednesday grin grin grin.
i just watched d highlights .the bafana bafana exhibited a new brand of play.shooting their shots on sight.kudos to them.hahaha the noisy chickens yu say ...lets see how nxt week match ends.my stake is with d eagles. grin
Lionessza6:

grin I didn't watch the match as well because I didn't want to watch another lose from our team . The outcome is a pleasant surprise though. Let's see how we will handle the noisy chickens on Wednesday grin grin grin.
i just watched d highlights .the bafana bafana exhibited a new brand of play.shooting their shots on sight.kudos to them.hahaha the noisy chickens yu say ...lets see how nxt week match ends.my stake is with d eagles.
Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: AFCON Quarter Final (2 - 1) Full Time by Aystarz: 5:30pm On Jul 07, 2019
Suspect33:
Beat their xenophobic asses

Maybe they'd just whoop our tribalistic asses
Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: AFCON Quarter Final (2 - 1) Full Time by nongo123(m): 5:35pm On Jul 07, 2019
Datazone:

Will you shut your dirty mouth? If not that the Super Eagles is not what it used to be how can South Africa talk when Nigeria is talking? Do you have any player as popular as Ighalo in your bafana bafana history? Ighalo won't even make our top 20 best players in Nigeria ever. A country with 5 million people is talking when millions have not made impact. Did you not hear we were ranked the 4th best team in the world in the 90s? You think it's child's play?

The very same team you are talking about lost to Madagascar! How ironic
Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: AFCON Quarter Final (2 - 1) Full Time by XhosaNostra(f): 5:38pm On Jul 07, 2019
Tylann, show us some patronage on Wednesday as we serve Africa something meaty grin
Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: AFCON Quarter Final (2 - 1) Full Time by galadima77(m): 5:48pm On Jul 07, 2019
Some football matches go beyond just winning to secure victory.

Some are laden with demand for respect.

Like that 5 - 0 barca gave R. Madrid when Mourinho took charge in 2010 just after beating barca at the 2009/2010 UCL semi finals with inter milan.

How else do u want to earn respect from the bafana bafana and SA by extension?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: AFCON Quarter Final (2 - 1) Full Time by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jul 07, 2019
nongo123:

The very same team you are talking about lost to Madagascar! How ironic
You not only lack understanding but also comprehension skills. Read my post again and tell me where I talked about this current team prowess.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: AFCON Quarter Final (2 - 1) Full Time by briggson07(m): 6:16pm On Jul 07, 2019
robosky02:
Nigeria vs South Africa

Games won:6
Games drawn:5
Games lost:2

DateMatchResultScoreCompetition

10 Oct 1992Nigeria v South AfricaW4-0FIFA World Cup
Cnt u c they're recently becoming threateningthreatening the eagle
16 Jan 1993South Africa v NigeriaD0-0FIFA World Cup

10 Feb 2000Nigeria v South AfricaW2-0Africa Cup of Nations

31 Jan 2004Nigeria v South AfricaW4-0Africa Cup of Nations

17 Nov 2004South Africa v NigeriaL2-1International Friendly

01 Jun 2008Nigeria v South AfricaW2-0FIFA World Cup

06 Sep 2008South Africa v NigeriaW01 FIFA World Cup

14 Aug 2013South Africa v NigeriaW0-2 International Friendly

10 Sep 2014South Africa v NigeriaD0-0 Africa Cup of Nations

19 Nov 2014Nigeria v South AfricaD2-2 Africa Cup of Nations

29 Mar 2015South Africa v NigeriaD1-1 International Friendly

10 Jun 2017Nigeria v South AfricaL0-2 Africa Cup of Nations

17 Nov 2018South Africa v NigeriaD1-1 Africa Cup of Nations

Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: AFCON Quarter Final (2 - 1) Full Time by klever18(m): 6:45pm On Jul 07, 2019
goodnewscliff:
FOOL
fOOler
Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: AFCON Quarter Final (2 - 1) Full Time by Performanking(m): 6:47pm On Jul 07, 2019
facts1234:
Whatever happens in our next game, Please tell Rohr not to field AKPEYI.

The South Africans seem to know him very,very well. They know his low points as a keeper and will exploit them to the fullest. They are so,so confident when they see him in goal.

A word is enough for the wise

Have u seen who his backups are??
Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: AFCON Quarter Final (2 - 1) Full Time by Jedidiah211: 6:49pm On Jul 07, 2019
NIGERIA 4 SOUTH AFRICAN 1.... Ahmed 2 goals IGHALO 1 goal and etebo 1 goal... ;DNIGERIA 4 SOUTH AFRICAN 1.... Ahmed 2 goals IGHALO 1 goal and etebo 1 goal... my wish tho.
Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: AFCON Quarter Final (2 - 1) Full Time by Performanking(m): 6:49pm On Jul 07, 2019
robosky02:
The South africans know daniel akpeyi well

Have u seen who his back ups are?
Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: AFCON Quarter Final (2 - 1) Full Time by BluntBoy(m): 6:55pm On Jul 07, 2019
facts1234:
Whatever happens in our next game, Please tell Rohr not to field AKPEYI.

The South Africans seem to know him very,very well. They know his low points as a keeper and will exploit them to the fullest. They are so,so confident when they see him in goal.

A word is enough for the wise

You have said it all. Whatever happens, Akpeyi must not man the post. Percy Tau, especially, would smack his lips if he sees Akpeyi on the starting lineup. He knows Akpeyi like the back of his hands.

Thankfully, Rantie is not on their team. That guy had become comfortable playing Nigeria. He had already got 3 goals in 2 back-to back matches against us.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: AFCON Quarter Final (2 - 1) Full Time by moonbender(m): 7:27pm On Jul 07, 2019
Lionessza6:

LMFAO , just had to laugh at this senseless rant grin grin grin.
Pls don't forget to come back here to edit your quote after the match.
Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: AFCON Quarter Final (2 - 1) Full Time by stanliwise(m): 8:35pm On Jul 07, 2019
XhosaNostra:

Lol, there'll be tears all over Gwagwalada on Wednesday. Mark my words. Just don't do anything funny when that happens. I know how quick your hand is with the Sniper grin
abeg no make me laugh jare.. Where do you think Gwagwalada is? And yes I am quick with snipers because I am sharp shooter, you know what I mean wink

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: AFCON Quarter Final (2 - 1) Full Time by XhosaNostra(f): 8:42pm On Jul 07, 2019
stanliwise:
abeg no make me laugh jare.. Where do you think Gwagwalada is? And yes I am quick with snipers because I am sharp shooter, you know what I mean wink

I know it's in Nigeria but I don't know which state.

Hahaha. Whatever. Just don't swallow a bullet then, sharp shooter, when we clip your wings.
Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: AFCON Quarter Final (2 - 1) Full Time by robosky02(m): 8:46pm On Jul 07, 2019
Where your share of the money
Tolexander:
we sold that match gringringrin
Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: AFCON Quarter Final (2 - 1) Full Time by stanliwise(m): 8:47pm On Jul 07, 2019
XhosaNostra:

I know it's in Nigeria but I don't know which state.

Hahaha. Whatever. Just don't swallow a bullet then, sharp shooter, when we clip your wings.
Hahha last time I checked Bafana means a boy..... If South Africa lose, you owe me a kiss.
Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: AFCON Quarter Final (2 - 1) Full Time by robosky02(m): 8:52pm On Jul 07, 2019
Performanking:

Have u seen who his back ups are?

uZoho
Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: AFCON Quarter Final (2 - 1) Full Time by XhosaNostra(f): 8:57pm On Jul 07, 2019
stanliwise:
Hahha last time I checked Bafana means a boy..... If South Africa loos, you owe me a kiss.

Lol, it actually has two meanings, depending on the age of the person. It's boys as you say or young men. No be team of old uncles grin
If we lose, I'll give you a lap dance wink But if you lose, you give me one. That way we both win cheesy And I expect some serious wining grin Be like an earthworm

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: AFCON Quarter Final (2 - 1) Full Time by nongo123(m): 9:14pm On Jul 07, 2019
Datazone:

You not only lack understanding but also comprehension skills. Read my post again and tell me where I talked about this current team prowess.

You are talking about the Nigerian national team and I'm talking about the very same team
Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: AFCON Quarter Final (2 - 1) Full Time by Nobody: 9:17pm On Jul 07, 2019
nongo123:

You are talking about the Nigerian national team and I'm talking about the very same team
Please stop quoting me forthwith if you cannot understand a simple comparison. My comparison even debased the current squad we have, I don't see how hard it's to understand.
Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: AFCON Quarter Final (2 - 1) Full Time by stanliwise(m): 9:22pm On Jul 07, 2019
XhosaNostra:

Lol, it actually has two meanings, depending on the age of the person. It's boys as you say or young men. No be team of old uncles grin
If we lose, I'll give you a lap dance wink But if you lose, you give me one. And I expect some serious wining grin Be like an earthworm
hahahahaha which one is whining like earthworm again?

Infact my lap dance is ready, I know it for sure. I love my lap dance slow and sensational tongue tongue

Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: AFCON Quarter Final (2 - 1) Full Time by XhosaNostra(f): 9:25pm On Jul 07, 2019
stanliwise:
hahahahaha which one is whining like earthworm again?

Infact my lap dance is ready, I know it for sure. I love my lap dance slow and sensational tongue tongue

I'm hard to please tongue Keep practising.

Loooool. I'll see what I can do.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: AFCON Quarter Final (2 - 1) Full Time by stanliwise(m): 9:31pm On Jul 07, 2019
XhosaNostra:

I'm hard to please tongue Keep practising.

Loooool. I'll see what I can do.
Waiting patiently

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: AFCON Quarter Final (2 - 1) Full Time by BBBmall25: 9:37pm On Jul 07, 2019
[quote author=Arsenalholic post=80007258]Nigerians haff started.

"Walkover" "South Africa are our perennial wives" bla bla bla.

This is how you people make mouths before games, at the end you get disappointed. Learn to tone down.

There were FOUR key things that impressed me about South Africa against Egypt:

Their PRESS : They made life uncomfortable for Egypt with a "modern" press as the Egyptians tried to play out from the back.

This could be problematic for us. Neither the duo of Ekong or Omeruo are very assured on the ball. And we are renowned for making back passes too much. That should be something to take note of.

The Hold Up Play of Mathiba: [/b]The guy was a beast up front against the physical Hegazi. Held play well and brought in the likes of Percy Tau, Lorch and the midfielders into the game.

Nigerian defenders have to be really physical against him.

[b]Their One-touch Football:
Not even the more technically astute North African teams have played the kind of pa
Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: AFCON Quarter Final (2 - 1) Full Time by Henrodah(m): 9:50pm On Jul 07, 2019
Please I need the commentator's name of this Algeria vs Guinea match.
Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: AFCON Quarter Final (2 - 1) Full Time by Performanking(m): 12:18am On Jul 08, 2019
robosky02:
uZoho
Go and watch Uzoho in his last few games and then the answer will be clear
Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: AFCON Quarter Final (2 - 1) Full Time by Lionessza6(f): 12:49am On Jul 08, 2019
lefulefu:
i just watched d highlights .the bafana bafana exhibited a new brand of play.shooting their shots on sight.kudos to them.hahaha the noisy chickens yu say ...lets see how nxt week match ends.my stake is with d eagles. ;Di just watched d highlights .the bafana bafana exhibited a new brand of play.shooting their shots on sight.kudos to them.hahaha the noisy chickens yu say ...lets see how nxt week match ends.my stake is with d eagles.

LOL, good luck . And see you all on Wednesday.
Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: AFCON Quarter Final (2 - 1) Full Time by Tchinaidi(m): 1:05am On Jul 08, 2019
Zidane might just be right.E be like na Algeria get this cup sha.dem dey fire all cylinders.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (82) (Reply)

VIDEO: Jamal Murray Posts Quarantine S3x Tape With Girlfriend On IG, / Nigeria Vs Iceland : World Cup (2 - 0) On 22nd June 2018 / Argentina Vs Nigeria: International Friendly - 2 - 4 (Full Time)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.