Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,690 members, 7,801,989 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:33 AM

Electric Cars In The EU Must Now Have A Noise-emitting Device. (photos) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Electric Cars In The EU Must Now Have A Noise-emitting Device. (photos) (765 Views)

5 Kinds Of Noise Women Make When Enjoying Lovemaking / Why Were Nigerian Guys Scared Of Marrying Ladies That Own Cars In The Past? / 5 Reasons People Delete Chats On Their Device - Bamisepeter's Blog (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Electric Cars In The EU Must Now Have A Noise-emitting Device. (photos) by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jul 06, 2019
NL_NATION

All new four-wheeled electric vehicles in the EU must now come equipped with a noise-emitting device that produces noise when the vehicle is reversing or traveling below 12mph (19km/h).

The EU legislation says that the sound, produced by an acoustic vehicle alert system (AVAS), should be similar to that of a traditional combustion engine.

The new rule came into force on Monday. It follows concerns that the quietness of low emission cars presents a danger to pedestrians because the vehicles cannot be heard as they approach – this is a particular risk for blind and visually impaired people.

The charity Guide Dogs has been campaigning for the UK government to make it compulsory for quiet vehicles to have sound generating systems built in and turned on.

"We’re calling on the government to take this announcement further by requiring AVAS on all existing electric and hybrid vehicles and to ensure drivers have them switched on"

A study commissioned by Guide Dogs and conducted by The TAS Partnership found that quiet hybrid and electric vehicles are 40% more likely to collide with pedestrians than cars with a regular combustion engine.

UK Roads minister Michael Ellis was quoted by the BBC as saying that the government wanted “the benefits of green transport to be felt by everyone” and understood the concerns of the visually impaired".

Re: Electric Cars In The EU Must Now Have A Noise-emitting Device. (photos) by Nobody: 9:10pm On Jul 06, 2019

Re: Electric Cars In The EU Must Now Have A Noise-emitting Device. (photos) by okoroemeka(m): 9:20pm On Jul 06, 2019
This new cars looks scary and too aggressive

1 Like

Re: Electric Cars In The EU Must Now Have A Noise-emitting Device. (photos) by ekene247(m): 10:25pm On Jul 06, 2019
good
Re: Electric Cars In The EU Must Now Have A Noise-emitting Device. (photos) by obiekunie2: 12:33am On Jul 07, 2019
see the inside of that Mercedes for heaven sake!

tell me if you own that car how will u ever want to step out of the car ekwa!

which babe no go want fall for the car??

which babe no go want you to ya... n...... s.......h her for inside the car bikonu!!!

men! make better thing chop my money fa! i no even send if my kinsmen are complaining!

if them dey share poverty abeg make una take my potion! i no want!!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Pastor!!!teaches How To Lick P*ssyin Church [ Watch ] / A Good Woman Is Priceless / Is That Riele Chick Blackivy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.