Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,923 members, 7,802,996 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 07:00 AM

Photo: Man Urinating On Bible By Punch. Sensational Journalism Against Religion - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Photo: Man Urinating On Bible By Punch. Sensational Journalism Against Religion (37536 Views)

Revelations From The Bible (by The Holy Spirit) / COZA & Man Urinating On Bible: The PUNCH Removes Editor Over Offensive Cartoon / Oyedepo, The Media And The Power Of Irresponsible Journalism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photo: Man Urinating On Bible By Punch. Sensational Journalism Against Religion by deltateam: 12:15pm On Jul 07, 2019
hope4life:
I saw this article from the Punch Newspaper about Pst Fatoyinbo saga.Inserted in the article was a cartoon showing a man urinating on the Holy Bible.If were to be a Qur'an having such an insensitive caption, the Punch Hqts would have been in flames. This is sensational journalism taking too far against the church of Christ.

Even at that, a functional CAN should sue the useless newspaper.
Re: Photo: Man Urinating On Bible By Punch. Sensational Journalism Against Religion by deltateam: 12:16pm On Jul 07, 2019
budaatum:
So? Did Punch lie? If Fatoy did what it is alleged he did was he not pissing on Dakolo? Thankfully, the outcry over it was so big that bigger noise can't possibly be made about a cartoon of Fatoy pissing on the Bible.

Are you okay at all?
Re: Photo: Man Urinating On Bible By Punch. Sensational Journalism Against Religion by deltateam: 12:16pm On Jul 07, 2019
budaatum:
So? Did Punch lie? If Fatoy did what it is alleged he did was he not pissing on Dakolo? Thankfully, the outcry over it was so big that bigger noise can't possibly be made about a cartoon of Fatoy pissing on the Bible.

Are you okay at all?
Re: Photo: Man Urinating On Bible By Punch. Sensational Journalism Against Religion by drakeli: 12:16pm On Jul 07, 2019
deltateam:

Even at that, a functional CAN should sue the useless newspaper.
The question is, what are you personally going to do about it? Keep buying punch newspaper? Call for a boycott now. Stop buying punch newspaper
Re: Photo: Man Urinating On Bible By Punch. Sensational Journalism Against Religion by asamaigho(m): 12:20pm On Jul 07, 2019
sisisioge:

Who are the "we"? A pastor takes pleasure in sampling the girls in his congregation and you equate that as every man being taken by lust? Whew! He was actually pissing on the bible in the church! May God forgive him and the rest of us!

By the way, stop quoting me if you won't write legibly.

cant u see dat ur equations are wrong?.
so anytime someone sins, then urinating on d bible results?......by ur route of thought,the bible would have drowned by now.
someone allegedly sinned some 20yrs ago,probably forgiven by God, you are supporting inapropriate pics .
Re: Photo: Man Urinating On Bible By Punch. Sensational Journalism Against Religion by crafteck(m): 12:20pm On Jul 07, 2019
Omeizadean:

We shall no religious of peace from religion of confusionist by their comment. U all dotard Christians are busy throwing jibes and insult at Islam by a crime committed by an atheist cartoonist and u called ur religion peaceful? Is either maggots have finished una brains or just so dead like zombie u can't tell light from dark. If someone come to ur father's compound and poo and u couldn't do anythihg dont go insulting a neighbour's son that will condemn such act by way of claiming u re the better. Dude Christians are daily seeking validation of these their cult and their god of men keep drowning the sect daily by their satanic misdemeanors. Over one thousand pastors and churches have entered the archive of infamy and the list keep growing.

You get time to write abi? If it's some people they would have burnt houses because their messenger was depicted in a cartoon

2 Likes

Re: Photo: Man Urinating On Bible By Punch. Sensational Journalism Against Religion by Ijawwomaninoyo: 12:28pm On Jul 07, 2019
Everybody is free to comment here but will wash yansh 5 times before commenting somewhere else.
Nonsense and jagbajantis.

1 Like

Re: Photo: Man Urinating On Bible By Punch. Sensational Journalism Against Religion by felaismyhero(m): 12:33pm On Jul 07, 2019
badman007:
I hate religion, but this is wrong.
correct.this is the sanest comment i have seen from an unbeliever.i hate religion too,but lets be fair,this is wrong! some people would have set punch on fire if it were their book!

1 Like

Re: Photo: Man Urinating On Bible By Punch. Sensational Journalism Against Religion by Dnockeror333(m): 12:43pm On Jul 07, 2019
All of you do not understand!
That book is not your maker nor the thing that brought you or that drawn man nor the drawer into being!

That one who brought you here is the Spirit who gave you an heart that man nay not touch and corrupt.

To piss on the word of men means DESCENT AGAINST THE probono!

Yet, I say, that was a WRONG action to have taken! Why? Because it's the fictitious work of a man, men like us!

Why not respect it and pass by?
Do you understand?

#IstandAGAINSTslavery!
Re: Photo: Man Urinating On Bible By Punch. Sensational Journalism Against Religion by BluntBoy(m): 12:44pm On Jul 07, 2019
hope4life:
I saw this article from the Punch Newspaper about Pst Fatoyinbo saga.Inserted in the article was a cartoon showing a man urinating on the Holy Bible.If were to be a Qur'an having such an insensitive caption, the Punch Hqts would have been in flames. This is sensational journalism taking too far against the church of Christ.

Much ado over nothing.

The message is clear. If you all want to be like fanatical Muslims who take everything literally, you are welcome to.

But as far as the cartoon is concerned, it passes the sad message of how we daily disregard the Word of God (symbolized with the Bible in the cartoon).

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the cartoon. The truth is bitter.
Re: Photo: Man Urinating On Bible By Punch. Sensational Journalism Against Religion by GMbuharii: 12:46pm On Jul 07, 2019
Benekruku:

If you can't easily scroll through sentences and capture the message, it's your sole problem. Keep checking spellings.

Nepal bill degree holding ZomB

grin
Re: Photo: Man Urinating On Bible By Punch. Sensational Journalism Against Religion by felaismyhero(m): 12:47pm On Jul 07, 2019
Turantula:

My muslim friend friend, we are not like you. Nobody's head is going to be chopped off. Our God can always fight for himself if he needs to. Carry your peace to Afghanistan
oh! that guy is a muslim! i knew he had to be a muslim to be die-hard buhari supporter.most muslims think buhari is a saint!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photo: Man Urinating On Bible By Punch. Sensational Journalism Against Religion by felaismyhero(m): 12:57pm On Jul 07, 2019
gracelarry:
Punch newspaper, for this that you have done,you will one day be no more.
lol.funny you. but everything will one day be no more including you and i.how about you be more specific? like,give us a date.then we would glorify god more!
Re: Photo: Man Urinating On Bible By Punch. Sensational Journalism Against Religion by felaismyhero(m): 1:07pm On Jul 07, 2019
Dantedasz:
Most of the leaders and Pastors of the church DO NOT believe in the Bible or its injunctions. It is just a weapon of control of the minds of their mindless followers.
Fatoyinbo is a groomer and a serial sex abuser of his female members. Modele Fatoyinbo,his wife is a serial enabler and a staunch supporter of her husbands atrocities.
Fatoyinbo pretended to step down while his wife took his place. Who is fooling who?
A serial predator and sexual abuser steps down from the pulpit and is replaced by a serial sexual enabler
The hypocrisy and stench of religion stinks to the skies. Fatoyinbo has been masturbating all over the bible and Christian's are attacking a cartoon that depicts this?
Talk about attacking the messenger and ignoring the message-that is religion for you in a nut shell!
it's wrong.there are other ways of depicting hypocrisy other than urinating on the bible.the bible isnt the one that is hypocritical,its the people in the religion.
Re: Photo: Man Urinating On Bible By Punch. Sensational Journalism Against Religion by Anas09: 1:12pm On Jul 07, 2019
proxillin:

U r empty..with no know knowledge...I have never seen an empty living thing.

There are may freemason lodges in Lekki and ikoyi in Lagos.

Maybe u need to attend one. And stop disgracing urslef..

And next time keep shut if u r not sure of what u r saying..
You only came here and insulted yourself because I can't insult me even in your next life.

Why didn't you first read my comment before exhibiting your mother's failure to raise a child without manners?
Did my comment say there's nothing like Freemason?

You satanist who proclaim the works of your master satan by pointing to everything God created as being Satan's.

Get behind me you mannerless urchin.
Re: Photo: Man Urinating On Bible By Punch. Sensational Journalism Against Religion by Gbarale2019: 1:23pm On Jul 07, 2019
Some people can be funny at times
Re: Photo: Man Urinating On Bible By Punch. Sensational Journalism Against Religion by felaismyhero(m): 1:26pm On Jul 07, 2019
gypsey:
Absolutely!!
are there no terrible alfas,imams too? i am sure we would be mourning the cartoonist if he drew a man urinating on a quran.i know you hate christianity,i do too! but please lets be rational.what is good for the geese is good for the gander? is that how it goes,hmm
Re: Photo: Man Urinating On Bible By Punch. Sensational Journalism Against Religion by brenister10: 1:42pm On Jul 07, 2019
budaatum:

It seems you can't comprehend the message the OP was trying to pass. He was driving at A but unfortunately, na B you dey look
Re: Photo: Man Urinating On Bible By Punch. Sensational Journalism Against Religion by BluntBoy(m): 1:42pm On Jul 07, 2019
felaismyhero:
it's wrong.there are other ways of depicting hypocrisy other than urinating on the bible.the bible isnt the one that is hypocritical,its the people in the religion.

And who told you the cartoon is reflecting hypocrisy?

That cartoon is obviously reflecting a disregard for the Word of God.

The Bible is a book of sacred texts. When you disregard the Word of God, you are urinating on the Bible. That is not even the most sordid detail. As a matter of fact, you are shitting on the Bible.

That some misinformed Muslims can't handle bitter truth should not be an excuse for Christians to attack messages blindly. It is for the same reason that Christ was killed. Only a few saw the Truth in Him. The many others felt that it was impossible for a carpenter's son to be the Messiah. For this reason, they disregarded his messages and rather placed emphasis on mundane things like his family background and his appearance.

Rather than see the cartoon as an attack on the Bible, why can't you see it as the bitter but sincere portrayal of an attack on the Bible?

This cartoon also holds a wider significance as it also portrays how false teachers disregard the Word of God.

Peter warned that anyone who preached a gospel other than the one they were taught (by Christ) is a false teacher. Today, an evil gospel has pervaded the Christian world. The gospel of materialism, often referred to as the prosperity theology. Parables that were used by Christ to teach salvation are now blatantly used to teach prosperity instead. All these acts are akin to urinating on the Bible.
Re: Photo: Man Urinating On Bible By Punch. Sensational Journalism Against Religion by Nobody: 1:46pm On Jul 07, 2019
felaismyhero:
are there no terrible alfas,imams too? i am sure we would be mourning the cartoonist if he drew a man urinating on a quran.i know you hate christianity,i do too! but please lets be rational.what is good for the geese is good for the gander? is that how it goes,hmm
If you feel hurt that much go draw a cartoon with a man urinating on a quran, i will support you too, Yes, I Hate Religion, All Religions i hate, be it islam or otherwise. cheesy

Do you feel better now? . grin
Re: Photo: Man Urinating On Bible By Punch. Sensational Journalism Against Religion by Anas09: 1:57pm On Jul 07, 2019
desiredhome:

Yes Satan owns and rule this world
This is interesting. So satan created the earth? Point to 10 things he created on earth.

And,are you sure satan is ruling this earth, yet people are escaping from his camp ever day and turning to Christ? Do you have any idea of what you just said?

If satan were in control of the earth, there won't be one single Christian alive or a Church on earth. Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha. What the so called Christians preach eh.

desiredhome:

that is the reason Christ warned the Christians,
Even when Christ was tempted by Satan, Mathew 4:10 he promise Christ the whole world if He will bow to him but Jesus answered and said get thee behind me Satan.
You left out one very vital detail 'For it was handed to me said satan.

Now, do you know Satan's M.O.? He came not but, To Steal, To Kill and To Destroy. This is his mission on earth.

He spoke the truth when he said 'It was handed to 'me'. How was it handed to him, and Who handed it to him?

Did Adam see him as a better replacement for Jehovah and handed his inheritances to him?

I know he got what he got from Adam by trickery. Now can what you take by trickery truly be yours?

Have you ever stolen something, or cheated or taken someone's thing by tricks. Can you sincerely tell yourself that that thing is yours? Doesn't your conscience prick you everytime you look at it?

Satan is a thief. He stole Adams inheritances by tricks and Jesus has taken it back from him. So, if you still go about telling yourself that satan owns and controls the world, it will be either one of these two things;

1. You are ignorant of the Finished Works of Christ.

2. You are a deceived agent of satan who wants to fool people into believing that satan has some clout, which he doesn't. Not anymore.

desiredhome:

today our gospel have turned to gospel of money(Mammon/Satan) by our so called spiritual leaders, replacing spirituality with materialism.
Lol. I opened a thread where I asked that people like you come over there let's Scripturally disect the Word of God and see how prosperity is an Anti-Christian gospel, but I didn't see you.

But, we can still do it here. Pls answer these sincerely.

Is Jehovah against us his Children prospering?

If Yes, pls give scriptures to back up your stance.

Did God create Gold and Silver and every Material goods?

Why did He create them?

Who did He create them for?

For his enemy, satan and his followers or for His own servants?

If Abraham were to be alive today, could Oyedepo's wealth be equated to his?

If Isaac who was richer than a whole nation were to be alive today, could Adeboye's wealth be compared to his?

If Job were to be alive today, wld Kenneth Copeland's wealth be compared to his?

If David was alive today, wld Chris Oyakhilome's wealth be compared to his?

If Solomon were alive today, wld all the wealth of all these men you mentioned put together be compared to his?

How did Jehovah say He'd reward those who diligently seek him?

Did Jesus say this?

Eyes have not seen, ears have not heard neither has it entered into the hearts of men what God has preserved for those who Love Him.

And Peter asked Jesus and said,

Mark 10:28-30 Then Peter began to say unto him, Lo, we have left all, and have followed thee.
And Jesus answered and said, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my sake, and the gospel's,
But he shall receive an hundredfold now in this time, houses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with persecutions; and in the world to come eternal life.

You said satan owns and rules the earth, why hasn't he brought an end to Christianity? He has been fighting from the garden of Eden, why hasn't he succeeded yet?
He was there when Jesus was born, he tried to kill Him, he fIaled.

He was there when the Church was inaugurated, he tried to stop it by persecution, he failed. The Church from Jerusalem has spread to me in my little small village in Nigeria.

He has planted all manner of false prophets in Christiandom to weaken her from within, he has failed over and over again.

The Church stands Triumphant, does that seem like satan is in control of her?

Are you sure of your belief in God? Examine yourself and see if there's Light in you.

Isaiah 8:20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

@desiredhome, stop witnessing for satan.
Re: Photo: Man Urinating On Bible By Punch. Sensational Journalism Against Religion by Anas09: 2:11pm On Jul 07, 2019
Devgod:
Satan is the King of the Earth. He owns the earth. He even promised Jesus the earth and all its glory if he can bow down to him. Get that.
Satan, the king of the earth?

Satan never said he was the king of the earth, you do.

God didn't even hand over the entire earth to Adam, so how can Adam from who satan took authority of certain things on earth from be the king of the earth?
Adam was given Dominion or the Fish of the sea, beast in the field, birds in the air, and plants. To tend and eat from. Are these things the only things that makes up the earth?

So, what really did satan take from Adam, albeit by tricks? He is the Prince of darkness, yet the Light still exist on earth, he can't help it. He catches and imprisons souls, they still get rescued. Does that seem like what can happen in a kingdom with a king over it?lol

You give satan so much power that even him feels flattered. Lol. He wishes he has that kind of power, Adam wld've died in Eden and human race exterminated.

You have no idea what satan wants for the earth.

Did you watch "Game of Throne" the last season?

Did you understand what the "Night King" who represented satan, wanted for mankind?

You have no idea the kind of hatred with which satan hates Humans. If satan were the king of the earth, you won't be alive.
Re: Photo: Man Urinating On Bible By Punch. Sensational Journalism Against Religion by Anas09: 2:13pm On Jul 07, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
"The devil said (i.e. to Jesus Himself, face to face that is)
I will give all this power and glory to you. It has been given to me, and I can give it to anyone I want to
"
- Luke 4:6
Go further and let's discuss 'It has been given to me' and how he got it.

Can a thief really claim ownership of what he stole?
Re: Photo: Man Urinating On Bible By Punch. Sensational Journalism Against Religion by MuttleyLaff: 2:20pm On Jul 07, 2019
Anas09:
Go further and let's discuss 'It has been given to me' and how he got it.

Can a thief really claim ownership of what he stole?
1/ Did Satan hold Adam and Eve up at gun point before they handed him everything, hmm?
2/ Did the serpent put a gun to their heads and threatened them before they handed everything over, erhn?
3/ Did Jesus refute or deny that Satan has ownership of what Satan put claim to, hmm?
4/ How Satan got it, isnt debatable, the question is, does satan have it to give to whom satan wants
5/ Thief is not used as a metaphor for Satan in the Bible, so what scripture are you really basing Satan on, claiming the ownership is what Satan stole, hmm?
Re: Photo: Man Urinating On Bible By Punch. Sensational Journalism Against Religion by Dantedasz(m): 2:22pm On Jul 07, 2019
felaismyhero:

So when Modele Fatoyinbo grooms girls in the church and hands them over to her husband Biodun to sexual abuse and rape while mouthing inanity about uncommon levels of grace,what are the duo doing except masturbating and urinating on your holy bible and defecating on its injunctions?
Christian's should keep hiding your heads in the sand if it makes you guys feel better than the other religions but the truth will be told.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Photo: Man Urinating On Bible By Punch. Sensational Journalism Against Religion by Dewisedick: 2:32pm On Jul 07, 2019
Is Islam a religion...? I see it as a terrorist group.

The worst will fall on the people involved in the pic soon. If you know them, watch out for them

1 Like

Re: Photo: Man Urinating On Bible By Punch. Sensational Journalism Against Religion by MuttleyLaff: 2:36pm On Jul 07, 2019
Dantedasz:
So when Modele Fatoyinbo grooms girls in the church and hands them over to her husband Biodun to sexual abuse and rape while mouthing indignities about uncommon levels of grace,what are the duo doing except masturbating and urinating on your holy bible and defecating on its injunctions?
Christian's should keep hiding your heads in the sand if it makes you guys feel better than the other religions but the truth will be told.
"Wee yu kip kwayet there". Who told you she grooms girls for her sexual predator husband, hmm? Nonsense and ingredients. Mtcheew.

From what I gathered, she after the Ese Walter (now Ese Ark) put in place measures to prevent female closeness to her husband, knowing fully well, he has a weakness, which is greediness, as in, a married man that is covetous
Re: Photo: Man Urinating On Bible By Punch. Sensational Journalism Against Religion by budaatum: 2:39pm On Jul 07, 2019
Anas09:

How did he piss on Dakolo? If it's true that he even did what it's alleged, how does Dakolo come into the picture when it happened some 20yrs ago?
As far as I am concerned, Fatoy not only pissed on the Bible, he burned it too, and that, in my opinion, is worse than a picture depicting what he did, accurately!

As to Christians behaving as hooligans as some say, I laugh. Those with the Holy Spirit will always fail at hooliganism, and for pissing on the Bible for that matter.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photo: Man Urinating On Bible By Punch. Sensational Journalism Against Religion by Dantedasz(m): 2:47pm On Jul 07, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
"Wee yu kip kwayet there". Who told you she grooms girls for her sexual predator husband, hmm? Nonsense and ingredients. Mtcheew.

From what I gathered, she after the Ese Walter (now Ese Ark) put in place measures to prevent female closeness to her husband, knowing fully well, he has a weakness, which is greediness, as in, a married man that is covetous

I have warned you severely. If you cannot debate without insults please ignore my posts. Nobody on this forum has monopoly of insults.
Here is a video of a lady abused by Fatoyinbo recently with the aid of Modele who brought in the lady under the guise of baby sitting the kids in Dubai.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19a70U8Ykp8

This is an hour plus video. I can understand people being ignorant of its contents considering the harsh economic situation in the country.
This is my last response to you on this issue.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Photo: Man Urinating On Bible By Punch. Sensational Journalism Against Religion by budaatum: 2:51pm On Jul 07, 2019
brenister10:

It seems you can't comprehend the message the OP was trying to pass. He was driving at A but unfortunately, na B you dey look
Na op go de control my eyes? Na op go interpret wetin my mind see?

If I go on the streets of Lagos today, preach word and burn Bible most people here will just stand there watching thinking I'm mad, but if I said Allah Akbar and burnt Bible they'd likely burn me too, and if it were the Quran they'd burn me either ways.

Interpretation? That some are way more backward book worshipping fools than some others!
Re: Photo: Man Urinating On Bible By Punch. Sensational Journalism Against Religion by Anas09: 3:17pm On Jul 07, 2019
budaatum:

As far as I am concerned, Fatoy not only pissed on the Bible, he burned it too, and that, in my opinion, is worse than a picture depicting what he did, accurately!

As to Christians behaving as hooligans as some say, I laugh. Those with the Holy Spirit will always fail at hooliganism, and for pissing on the Bible for that matter.
Fair Enough. You said as far as you are concerned.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photo: Man Urinating On Bible By Punch. Sensational Journalism Against Religion by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jul 07, 2019
Anas09:

Satan, the king of the earth?

Satan never said he was the king of the earth, you do.

God didn't even hand over the entire earth to Adam, so how can Adam from who satan took authority of certain things on earth from be the king of the earth?
Adam was given Dominion or the Fish of the sea, beast in the field, birds in the air, and plants. To tend and eat from. Are these things the only things that makes up the earth?

So, what really did satan take from Adam, albeit by tricks? He is the Prince of darkness, yet the Light still exist on earth, he can't help it. He catches and imprisons souls, they still get rescued. Does that seem like what can happen in a kingdom with a king over it?lol

You give satan so much power that even him feels flattered. Lol. He wishes he has that kind of power, Adam wld've died in Eden and human race exterminated.

You have no idea what satan wants for the earth.

Did you watch "Game of Throne" the last season?

Did you understand what the "Night King" who represented satan, wanted for mankind?

You have no idea the kind of hatred with which satan hates Humans. If satan were the king of the earth, you won't be alive.
You've said a lot but yet said nothing. Satan is the Ruler of this world. As clearly stated in the Bible. If I knew your horizons were this blunt i wont have engaged you. Mehn

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Police Seals Anglican Church In Port Harcourt (Photos) / Chris Okotie Celebrates 62nd Birthday After Mocking TB Joshua / Taiwo Gold Ayodeji Renounces Religion, Says ‘I Know I Have Disappointed Many’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.