Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:53 AM

Osaze Odewimgwe's Epic Response To A South African Fan - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Osaze Odewimgwe's Epic Response To A South African Fan (73779 Views)

Kanu Reacts To Osaze's Allegation Against His Wife, Amara (video) / Osaze Odemwingie Apologizes To Peter Okoye. Mr P Reacts / Osaze Odemwingie: Amara, Kanu Nwankwo's Wife Chasing Me In My DM (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osaze Odewimgwe's Epic Response To A South African Fan by IgboGoat: 10:14pm On Jul 06, 2019
Sequel to South Africa's victory over Egypt in the round of sixteen of the ongoing AFCON, a South African fan belittled Nigeria on Twitter and you just have to see the epic response from Osaze...

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Osaze Odewimgwe's Epic Response To A South African Fan by Tolexander: 10:18pm On Jul 06, 2019
I can remember this match Odemwingie mentioned. Tunisia 2004 nations cup.

That match brought Odemwingie to our focus, as he was relatively unknown in the national team as at then. Brought into the match and scored a brace.

Seems Like Odemwingie’s memory failed him a lill. It was actually 4-0, not 4-1

448 Likes 26 Shares

Re: Osaze Odewimgwe's Epic Response To A South African Fan by Arsenalholic(m): 10:19pm On Jul 06, 2019
I really wish Nigerian fans will tone down the bragging. Just allow the boys get to it and give it their best shot

One thing is crystal clear: this South African team is MILES better than the one we walloped in 2004. Plus our team is weaker compared to the Super Eagles team of 2004.

I was in awe watching the Bafana Bafana against Egypt. It was easily the most interesting game I'VE WATCHED at the tournament yet. They PRESSED Egypt and played some intricate, top-notch pass and move combinations that carved Egypt apart. That was nice to see.

I hope our coach finally gets the memo and unleash our new golden boy, Chukwueze from the get-go. Just as Percy Tau will occupy Aina, I would like Chukwueze to occupy that Lanthi guy in RSA's "3" position.

In the end, I hope we come up with a game plan that wins the game and moves us to the next stage. Up The Eagles!

321 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Osaze Odewimgwe's Epic Response To A South African Fan by joseph1832(m): 10:38pm On Jul 06, 2019
I just hope if South Africa lose they won't go about killing and maiming Nigerians.

284 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Osaze Odewimgwe's Epic Response To A South African Fan by MikeBetty(m): 10:40pm On Jul 06, 2019
Tolexander:

That match brought Odemwingie to our focus, as he was relatively unknown in the national team as at then. Brought into the match and scored a brace.

mek We Reformat His Failed Memory?

5 Likes

Re: Osaze Odewimgwe's Epic Response To A South African Fan by Tolexander: 10:42pm On Jul 06, 2019
Arsenalholic:
I really wish Nigerian fans will tone down the bragging. Just allow the boys get to it and give it their best shot

[s]One thing is crystal clear: this South African team is MILES better than the one we walloped in 2004. Plus our team is weaker compared to the SE team of 2004.[/s]

I was in awe watching the Bafana Bafana against Egypt. It was easily the most interesting game I'VE WATCHED at the tournament yet. They PRESSED Egypt and played some intricate, top-notch pass and move game. That was nice to see.

I hope our coach finally get the memo and unleash our new golden boy, Chukwueze.
The same South Africa that qualified out of her group as best looser with 3 points?

South Africa is our perennial girlfriend, we sabi knack dem kpekus

Stop that unnecessary hype on South African team. What made them qualify for the next round was the fact that there is a best loser. A loser is a loser. If there wasn’t best loser, would Za team have qualified, let alone beating Egypt?

If they are that good like you painted it, how come they won only a game against the weakest team in their group, Namibia, and couldn’t defeat the other two teams, Morocco and Ivory Coast?

The fact that they held Egypt and eventually won Egypt hasn’t made them greater than what they are. Moreover, majority of their squad are home based and not major players in European football where football really happens. So what made their squad outbeats ours?

149 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Osaze Odewimgwe's Epic Response To A South African Fan by macklef(m): 10:54pm On Jul 06, 2019
Arsenalholic:

One thing is crystal clear: this South African team is MILES better than the one we walloped in 2004. Plus our team is weaker compared to the SE team of 2004.

I was in awe watching the Bafana Bafana against Egypt. It was easily the most interesting game I'VE WATCHED at the tournament yet. They PRESSED Egypt and played some intricate, top-notch pass and move game. That was nice to see.

I hope our coach finally get the memo and unleash our new golden boy, Chukwueze.
Oh pls chukwueze contribution was just a coincidence.
This is how we are fast to label people superstars. Just cos of one hit. Then by the next match that coincidence does not repeat itself you call him a flop.
Thats why we have so much mediocrity in this country esp in music.

85 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Osaze Odewimgwe's Epic Response To A South African Fan by Samunique(m): 10:57pm On Jul 06, 2019
Arsenalholic:

One thing is crystal clear: this South African team is MILES better than the one we walloped in 2004. Plus our team is weaker compared to the SE team of 2004.

U couldn't have said it better!

7 Likes

Re: Osaze Odewimgwe's Epic Response To A South African Fan by samtol4(m): 10:59pm On Jul 06, 2019
macklef:

This is how we are fast to label people superstars. Just cos of one hit. Then by the next match that coincidence does not repeat itself you call him a flop.
his contribution coincidence ?

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osaze Odewimgwe's Epic Response To A South African Fan by Arsenalholic(m): 11:00pm On Jul 06, 2019
macklef:

"Just a coincidence" ke.

Well, FYI, there's nothing "coincidental" about his performance. I have followed his progress all throughout last season for Villarreal. And there's every reason to be excited about the lad.

He was immense in the first game against Burundi and served as an outlet when he came on today. If you watched well you would have seen how many times the defenders, midfielders and even Musa switched play to him when he came on. It clearly shows that they know and trust his ability.

Truth be told, I don't get over excited about players like many. But I have found genuine reasons to be excited about this boy. And even if in the end he doesn't leave up to the hype then so be it.

122 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Osaze Odewimgwe's Epic Response To A South African Fan by GodSaklek(m): 11:18pm On Jul 06, 2019
South Africa is most organized team in the tournaments, I have been watching their game for a long time, they have a solid defefence, and fast attack,they will beat super eagle if eagle play the way they played against Cameroon

18 Likes

Re: Osaze Odewimgwe's Epic Response To A South African Fan by micfoley: 11:26pm On Jul 06, 2019
The match will be tough o but we will prevail by GOD'S grace

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osaze Odewimgwe's Epic Response To A South African Fan by BluntBoy(m): 11:27pm On Jul 06, 2019
Arsenalholic:

I hope our coach finally gets the memo and unleash our new golden boy, Chukwueze from the get-go. Just as Percy Tau will occupy Aina, I would like Chukwueze to occupy that Lanthi guy in RSA's "3" position.

Bro, fear God na. How can you say this South African team is miles ahead of the 2004 team?

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osaze Odewimgwe's Epic Response To A South African Fan by Arsenalholic(m): 11:30pm On Jul 06, 2019
GodSaklek:
South Africa is most organized team in the tournaments, I have been watching their game for a long time, they have a solid defefence, and fast attack,they will beat super eagle if eagle play the way they played against Cameroon
Exactly, many of the people saying walkover and all that here haven't really watched the South African team.

Football in Africa has changed. Who would have though Benin will knock out Morroco? Or Madagascar to beat Nigeria?

After getting their hopes up too much like this, IF RSA then defeats the Eagles on Wednesday, that's when you see all of them insulting the boys and their family. Because they got their hopes up too much.

9 Likes

Re: Osaze Odewimgwe's Epic Response To A South African Fan by Arsenalholic(m): 11:31pm On Jul 06, 2019
BluntBoy:

Bro, fear God na. How can you say this South African team is miles ahead of the 2004 team?
How many of this present team's game have you watched in this tournament? Let's start from there...

2 Likes

Re: Osaze Odewimgwe's Epic Response To A South African Fan by arantess: 11:55pm On Jul 06, 2019
Abeg we should keep the score line to a minimum before they exhibit their tendencies on our people there...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osaze Odewimgwe's Epic Response To A South African Fan by Tolexander: 12:10am On Jul 07, 2019
Arsenalholic:

[s]One thing is crystal clear: this South African team is MILES better than the one we walloped in 2004. Plus our team is weaker compared to the SE team of 2004.[/s]

Stop that unnecessary hype on South African team. What made them qualify for the next round was the fact that there is a best loser. A loser is a loser. If there wasn’t best loser, would Za team have qualified, let alone beating Egypt?

If they are that good like you painted it, how come they won only a game against the weakest team in their group, Namibia, and couldn’t defeat the other two teams, Morocco and Ivory Coast?

The fact that they held Egypt and eventually won Egypt hasn’t made them greater than what they are. Moreover, majority of their squad are home based and not major players in European football where football really happens. So what made their squad outbeats ours?
Re: Osaze Odewimgwe's Epic Response To A South African Fan by phr0nesis(m): 1:01am On Jul 07, 2019
Arsenalholic:
"Just a coincidence" ke.

Well, FYI, there's nothing "coincidental" about his performance. I have followed his progress all throughout last season for Villarreal. And there's every reason to be excited about the lad.

He was immense in the first game against Burundi and served as an outlet when he came on today. If you watched well you would have seen how many times the defenders, midfielders and even Musa switched play to him when he came on. It clearly shows that they know and trust his ability.

Truth be told, I don't get over excited about players like many. But I have found genuine reasons to be excited about this boy. And even if in the end he doesn't leave up to the hype then so be it.
He plays well for Villarreal, he played well in our first game but just as macklef mentioned, it wasn't his contribution that made us win. It just so happened that the goals came when he came in.

5 Likes

Re: Osaze Odewimgwe's Epic Response To A South African Fan by mysteryman2014: 4:22am On Jul 07, 2019
joseph1832:
I just hope if South Africa lose they won't go about killing and maiming Nigerians.

Serious concern, enough of their xenophobic attacks

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osaze Odewimgwe's Epic Response To A South African Fan by Glycosunde: 4:44am On Jul 07, 2019
U people should forget, chukwueze was d catalyst dat changed d game for us. It was when he came in that our attacked came to life n we could use d ball more properly in Cameroon 18yards box n awaziem was also given a breather

7 Likes

Re: Osaze Odewimgwe's Epic Response To A South African Fan by Chanchit: 6:09am On Jul 07, 2019
macklef:

Did Simon Moses have that kind of coincidence until they removed him? Chukwueze had a wonderful game in our first match only for him which was also not a coincidence.

5 Likes

Re: Osaze Odewimgwe's Epic Response To A South African Fan by TANID(m): 6:17am On Jul 07, 2019
joseph1832:
funny grin But It's True.
Re: Osaze Odewimgwe's Epic Response To A South African Fan by kstyle2(m): 6:59am On Jul 07, 2019
Yeah I remember that match as well as the comment of their coach after we won. He said ' at 2 nil down, we stood no chance of winning but that chap in number 20 added insult to injury'. That chap was osaze

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osaze Odewimgwe's Epic Response To A South African Fan by Nobody: 7:03am On Jul 07, 2019
Osaze my man. Nice history lesson grin

1 Like

Re: Osaze Odewimgwe's Epic Response To A South African Fan by RealGOAT: 7:09am On Jul 07, 2019
macklef:

With this reply I can see that you don't watch football,may be you watch only Nigeria games. Chukwueze introduction distracted the Cameroonian defense bcus two players always marked him whenever he has the ball. What that means is that it opens spaces for other players to move freely. He didn't assist or score but his contribution gave us the first and second goal within 6 minutes which Simon Moses couldn't do.

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Osaze Odewimgwe's Epic Response To A South African Fan by lereinter(m): 7:48am On Jul 07, 2019
That's if rohr doesn't not continue with his useless tactics

Old men are rarely innovative and dynamic

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osaze Odewimgwe's Epic Response To A South African Fan by Rextizz(m): 8:06am On Jul 07, 2019
Arsenalholic:

You got it right!
Re: Osaze Odewimgwe's Epic Response To A South African Fan by Starboytwo(m): 8:16am On Jul 07, 2019
GodSaklek:
hmmm see analyst ooo, how should we play again?
Re: Osaze Odewimgwe's Epic Response To A South African Fan by Odinaka00(m): 8:17am On Jul 07, 2019
Tolexander:
The same South Africa that qualified out of her group as best looser with 3 points?

You are missing the point, Bafana team was very fantastic against Egypt last night. Not just that they scored a goal but they created a lot of chances and made more attempts more than the Egyptians.. They didnt fear the Pharos, they played like warriors. Super Eagles could have played with jittery if it were them that played against Egypt last night.

Their defence was solid and I just pray and hope that Super Eagles strikes can penetrate through that defence cuz those defenders are super fast and quick that's why Salah didn't play anything.

I pray we win them on Wednesday though. When you are discussing football try and drop sentiment aside and focus on reality if you 're a true soccer fan

16 Likes

Re: Osaze Odewimgwe's Epic Response To A South African Fan by ruggedtimi(m): 8:38am On Jul 07, 2019
S.A fans can have faith like ghanaian fans...that day sa players will be..

Re: Osaze Odewimgwe's Epic Response To A South African Fan by Oluwasaeon(m): 8:51am On Jul 07, 2019
Tolexander:

Your memory sharp

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Best Daily 2+ Odds Around 95%wins / Cristiano Ronaldo Leaves Pitch ANGRY After Disallowed Goal Vs Serbia (Photos) / 5 Football Stars Who Married Black Women (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.