Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,184 members, 7,807,600 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:01 PM

Senate President Ahmed Lawan Hails Super Eagles’ Victory Over Cameroon - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate President Ahmed Lawan Hails Super Eagles’ Victory Over Cameroon (10835 Views)

Olu Onemola Resigns As SA To Senate President Ahmed Lawan / APC Is Still The Majority In The Senate - Ahmed Lawan (See Full List) / President Buhari Reacts To Super Eagles Victory Over Iceland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senate President Ahmed Lawan Hails Super Eagles’ Victory Over Cameroon by Okwyla: 5:41am On Jul 07, 2019
The President of the Senate, Dr Ahmed Lawan has felicitated with Super Eagles’ for beating the Indomitable Lions of Cameroon 3-2 in the on-going 2019 Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) in Egypt.

Lawan said the victory which advanced Nigeria to quarter-finals of the tournament was well-deserved considering the high skills and dexterity exhibited by Super Eagles.

A statement by his Special Assistant on Media and Publicity quoted the President of the Senate saying, “Coming behind, after taking the lead, to beat Cameroon reinforced what our Eagle are known for; never to be counted out until the final whistle.

“This victory could never have come at a better time than now when Nigeria is desperately looking for a unifying act.

“Your victory today as usual has brought all Nigerians irrespective of the divide to stand solidly behind you in prayers and encouragement”.

He urged the players not to relent until they achieve final victory by wining their subsequent matches.

While congratulating the players and the technical crew, Lawan said, as head of presidential delegation to the tournament he would ensure that all their needs are promptly attended to.

https://www.akelicious.net/2019/07/senate-president-ahmed-lawan-hails.html

5 Likes

Re: Senate President Ahmed Lawan Hails Super Eagles’ Victory Over Cameroon by TRCdesigns: 6:22am On Jul 07, 2019
Super Eagle really made us proud this time...Congratulations to all Nigerians

12 Likes

Re: Senate President Ahmed Lawan Hails Super Eagles’ Victory Over Cameroon by Realist5: 6:23am On Jul 07, 2019
Okay. Wish you same.
Re: Senate President Ahmed Lawan Hails Super Eagles’ Victory Over Cameroon by kunlegboye(m): 6:24am On Jul 07, 2019
Welcome boys....Keep winning and keep improving per game,this way you will get there.
First to comment?,real good.

1 Like

Re: Senate President Ahmed Lawan Hails Super Eagles’ Victory Over Cameroon by Jasen1(m): 6:26am On Jul 07, 2019
grin grin

SA go tough for us ooo

Mean while I just de happy as First it was Morocco against Benin the referee was against Benin, but God of soccer helped Benin

Yesterday oh was Egypt against South Africa and Egyptian fans mhen the crowd was much, you can't even spot any SA fans around the stadium and again God of soccer silenced them too

6 Likes

Re: Senate President Ahmed Lawan Hails Super Eagles’ Victory Over Cameroon by FreeConCiencE: 6:27am On Jul 07, 2019
Hmm
Re: Senate President Ahmed Lawan Hails Super Eagles’ Victory Over Cameroon by directonpc(m): 6:27am On Jul 07, 2019
Yeah!
Re: Senate President Ahmed Lawan Hails Super Eagles’ Victory Over Cameroon by segsman(m): 6:28am On Jul 07, 2019
Okay
Re: Senate President Ahmed Lawan Hails Super Eagles’ Victory Over Cameroon by TheChaseNetwork(m): 6:29am On Jul 07, 2019
Nice

Re: Senate President Ahmed Lawan Hails Super Eagles’ Victory Over Cameroon by Mandesz(m): 6:32am On Jul 07, 2019
the national assembly shld make it constitutional for Rohr to start chukwueze or else we'll take over the streets of abuja in protest.

19 Likes

Re: Senate President Ahmed Lawan Hails Super Eagles’ Victory Over Cameroon by 3rdavefarms(m): 6:34am On Jul 07, 2019
Thanks to God

1 Like

Re: Senate President Ahmed Lawan Hails Super Eagles’ Victory Over Cameroon by Kenturkey048(m): 6:35am On Jul 07, 2019
Jasen1:
grin grin

SA go tough for us ooo

Mean while I just de happy as First it was Morocco against Benin the referee was against Benin, but God of soccer helped Benin

Yesterday oh was Egypt against South Africa and Egyptian fans mhen the crowd was much, you can't even spot any SA fans around the stadium and again God of soccer silenced them too
Egypt for dey tougher...I prefer SA to Egypt.just the way I preferred Cameroon to Ghana..

4 Likes

Re: Senate President Ahmed Lawan Hails Super Eagles’ Victory Over Cameroon by Kenturkey048(m): 6:35am On Jul 07, 2019
Jasen1:
grin grin

SA go tough for us ooo

Re: Senate President Ahmed Lawan Hails Super Eagles’ Victory Over Cameroon by Sonnobax15(m): 6:41am On Jul 07, 2019
Naija will definitely humble SA...Nothinq to fear about..

1 Like

Re: Senate President Ahmed Lawan Hails Super Eagles’ Victory Over Cameroon by HumanHairLovers(f): 6:42am On Jul 07, 2019
The guy just the wake up ni tongue

In the past Naija that everyone would be confident must reach semi-final

Now we're over excited they made it to quarter final.

Even me
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Senate President Ahmed Lawan Hails Super Eagles’ Victory Over Cameroon by OTayobami(m): 6:43am On Jul 07, 2019
Unu bia nu o!....make una helep me ask why that stupid tacticless coach no dey use Onyekuru? One of the best players in turkey lig

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate President Ahmed Lawan Hails Super Eagles’ Victory Over Cameroon by JudgeOGBUNABALI(m): 6:44am On Jul 07, 2019
Mtcheeeeww!!
That's all they good at ... Thieves
Re: Senate President Ahmed Lawan Hails Super Eagles’ Victory Over Cameroon by Boyooosa(m): 6:45am On Jul 07, 2019
Sorry, what of one man they used to call Bukola Saraki?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate President Ahmed Lawan Hails Super Eagles’ Victory Over Cameroon by Guccified(f): 6:49am On Jul 07, 2019
Nice

Congratulations Nigeria .
Re: Senate President Ahmed Lawan Hails Super Eagles’ Victory Over Cameroon by Fadomero(m): 6:51am On Jul 07, 2019
Dem don win now na to de inhale Dem if Dem loose now una go exhale Dem abi?

1 Like

Re: Senate President Ahmed Lawan Hails Super Eagles’ Victory Over Cameroon by wolesmile(m): 6:51am On Jul 07, 2019
The battle field was in Egypt.
The battle started in the jungle, the home of the Lions.
They thought they were winning.
Their general, Eto'o, was watching with apprehension. The Eagles' general, Kanu, was calm. Calm, cool and calculating.
Enter the 2nd half.
The Eagles took the Lions out of the jungle, their comfort zone, up into the sky. The battle was tough, fierce.
But how can Lions fight in the sky?
The Eagles spread their wings and soar higher.
Victory at last!!! Indomitables became Indomie for the Eagles!!!
The Eagles carried the day!
Congratulations Nigeria!!!

12 Likes

Re: Senate President Ahmed Lawan Hails Super Eagles’ Victory Over Cameroon by GentleMoney: 6:52am On Jul 07, 2019
Congrats to the Super Eagles..
Success has many friends..

Re: Senate President Ahmed Lawan Hails Super Eagles’ Victory Over Cameroon by Topmaike007(m): 6:58am On Jul 07, 2019
Up super eagles
Re: Senate President Ahmed Lawan Hails Super Eagles’ Victory Over Cameroon by Boyooosa(m): 6:58am On Jul 07, 2019
If I were to be one of the legislators of this current dispensation, by now, I will be thinking and strategizing rigorously on how I can have an innovative and astonishing impact, at least on my constituents and subsequently reflect on the nation wholly.

1 Like

Re: Senate President Ahmed Lawan Hails Super Eagles’ Victory Over Cameroon by hisgrace090: 7:04am On Jul 07, 2019
Nice!

Their ability to win after first half defeat is a thing of joy.
Re: Senate President Ahmed Lawan Hails Super Eagles’ Victory Over Cameroon by EmekaBlue(m): 7:04am On Jul 07, 2019
Obooy im not current o...which time this name i dey see become senate president.
Re: Senate President Ahmed Lawan Hails Super Eagles’ Victory Over Cameroon by ogbonti: 7:06am On Jul 07, 2019
Jasen1:
grin grin

SA go tough for us ooo

God of soccer ? Or tactical discipline and perseverance ? Naija, hmmmmmm.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Toll Gates: Stop Inflicting Hardship On Nigerians PDP Tells APC / See The Combination That Shall Send Buhari Back To Daura- Pictures / Fashola Offers Reward For Information On Aremu Gawat's Whereabouts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.