Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,948 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:42 PM

Nigeria: Country Of Backward North, Developing South – El-rufai - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria: Country Of Backward North, Developing South – El-rufai (53880 Views)

Aviation Our Only Chance Of Developing South East— Captain Evarest Nnaji / Nigeria Is Two Countries In One: Backward North, Developing South - ElRufai / Nigeria Is Two Countries In One: Backward North, Developing South - El-rufai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria: Country Of Backward North, Developing South – El-rufai by compton11(m): 2:52pm On Jul 07, 2019
franchasng:
This is it!

Tell yourself the truth, accept your weakness and that is the beginning of finding a lasting solution instead of basking in your folly and failure while accusing another race for your failures!

Mr. El Rufai, the major thing contributing to the backwardness of Northern Nigeria is ISLAM!

Islamic religion and its doctrines does not support civilisation and human capital development.

Don't mention Qatar or Dubai or Saudi Arabia or Oman or Kuwait, their economy is built on crude oil that has no future! They lack human development, they rely on foreign manpower which can desert them anytime, any day. Islamic doctrines and religion made their citizens lazy.

Its either Northern Nigeria do away with Islamic religion and its ancient doctrines or they should find ways to reform and refine it to support civilisation and true education not Quranic education of cramming Quran to recite.

Your youths abhor western education due to Islamic doctrines!

Your youths are not ambitious, they are okay following one rich Muslim Alhaji who will be providing them with food and tent to sleep and they are okay because that is what Islam teaches.

You cannot achieve what you do not desire and work for.

Northern youths spend most of their time at the Mosque cramming Quran and how to fight Kafirs (Christians) to defend Islam, while the Southern youths are busy reading, studying technology, business an science books, hustling to get visa to western nations and cracking brain to succeed in their various businesses and only go to Church to pray to their God to help them succeed in their life endeavors and to help open their eyes to opportunities to invest in.

So you can see the difference between the religious ways of Southern youths from that of northern youths, that's where the solution lies!

And you northern elites and politicians love it that way because it helps you manipulate them and use them as you like to gain political power and dominance, so talk to your fellow northern elites and oligarchs undecided

with all the jagos u said,south sudan,burundi,zimbabwe thay are mostly christians.
are they develop?
and all those countries u said we shouldn't mention are now on technology path and including iran.

https://www.arabianbusiness.com/how-technology-is-changing-uae-648975.html

unlike Africans, both our Christians and Muslim even animist are just backward.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Country Of Backward North, Developing South – El-rufai by itsme01: 2:53pm On Jul 07, 2019
Buckubuck:

For the first time in a long while you have made a lot of sense. Kudos

sure wish i can say the same with you
Re: Nigeria: Country Of Backward North, Developing South – El-rufai by compton11(m): 2:55pm On Jul 07, 2019
franchasng:
He is correct. Western nations manage Dubai, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Oman!

They depend and rely heavily on western manpower and technology, they can't do anything on their own except flaunting wealth and living luxury life from selling crude oil that western nations helped them discover and explore and still buy.

Islam does not support civilisation and human capital development
civillazation?
explain.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Country Of Backward North, Developing South – El-rufai by General0847: 2:57pm On Jul 07, 2019
Ttipsy:
ohh I see, Do I look like an Ethnic bigott ? or speaking from sentiments?? I just States a known fact* all informations are there for people to see.

in essence Kano or North can't measure d*k with South. except FCT because it's Nigeria's capital.

Provide the facts here please. I'm not a northerner but i hate when unintelligent beings like you spread falsehood.
Just because your drunkard father said it doesn't mean it's a fact.
Provide your proof and let me counter it with facts. Mkpi

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Country Of Backward North, Developing South – El-rufai by genesishouse: 2:59pm On Jul 07, 2019
Born2Breed:
The Northern governors are always United unlike the South.

And their unity has continued to produce more poverty and under development to them. I don't wish to have this type of unity.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria: Country Of Backward North, Developing South – El-rufai by compton11(m): 2:59pm On Jul 07, 2019
noble2faith:
The problem of north is the religion called Islam.

If they can practice the religion without extremism then north is going to experience development.
while those practising liberal christianity in south sudan is moving forward right?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Country Of Backward North, Developing South – El-rufai by Amanda4life: 3:02pm On Jul 07, 2019
Donmedra:
Some idiots in the south want this one as president or vice president??.

El Rufai is just a bigot, is it our fault the northern leaders stole the money the South LP bring into developing the north.

This el> tufia is not supposed to be a leader at all.

A liar
Re: Nigeria: Country Of Backward North, Developing South – El-rufai by noble2faith(m): 3:04pm On Jul 07, 2019
compton11:
while those practising liberal christianity in south sudan is moving forward right?

Any place that takes religion with extremism, irrespective of the religion, always experiences backwardness.

I didn't say that post you quoted to rubbish Islam; it is a known fact. I spent good 8 years in north, Maiduguri to be precise. Base on my observations, the reasons for their backwardness are rooted in the extreme way they practice Islam.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria: Country Of Backward North, Developing South – El-rufai by c33b33(m): 3:05pm On Jul 07, 2019
Anambralstson:
Noah Ebije, Kaduna

Kaduna State governor, Nasir El-Rufai has said that, Nigeria consists of two countries: a developing South, and a backward, less educated and unhealthy North, with the highest number of poor people in the world.
El-Rufai equally lamented that the northern region has development indicators similar to that of Afganistan, a country at war.

Speaking in Kaduna on Saturday at the Northern Youth Summit organised by Northern Hibiscus, an NGO, El-Rufai however said that the problems of the region must be addressed collectively as a group of 19 northern states governors, not as individual states.
El-Rufai said the summit whose theme was “Awakening the Arewa Spirit,” was very timely, adding that “when we talk about awakening the spirit, it means the spirit is either sleeping or dead. Therefore, this summit is very important, just like our keynote address speaker has said.

“But, looking at the statistics, Nigeria appears to be a middle-income country. But, if we segregate those statistics across states and zones, you will see that in terms of human development indicators, Nigeria consists of two countries; there is a backward, less educated and unhealthy northern Nigeria and a developing, largely educated and healthy southern Nigeria.

“We have to speak the truth to ourselves and ask why is it that northern Nigeria has development indicators similar to Afganistan, a country still at war?
“We have the largest number of poor people in the world, most of them in northern Nigeria. Nigeria also has the largest number of out-of-school children, virtually all of them in Northern Nigeria.

“Northern Nigeria has become the centre of drug abuse, gender violence, banditry, kidnapping and terrorism. We have also been associated with high divorce rate and breakdown of families. These are the challenges that confront us. This is the naked truth that we have to tell ourselves.

“We must, therefore, as leaders at all levels have a conversation about the way forward for our part of the country. Because increasingly, as many of you must have seen on social media, we are being considered as the parasite of the federal economy, even though, that is not entirely true. Because northern Nigeria still feeds the nation. The richest businessman in Nigeria is still Aliko Dangote, not someone from southern Nigeria, thank God for that.

“So, we still have a lot to be proud of. We should be proud of our culture and tradition, as well as unity. You hardly can find someone from northern Nigeria convicted of 419 or being aYahoo boy. That is something we should be proud of.

“We are generally considered to be more honest and less corrupt than other Nigerians. That is something we should be proud of. In addition, our demographic superiority gives us a very powerful tool to negotiate in politics. And that is something we should be proud of, and we should preserve. So, we have every reason to unite and not be divided.

“I, therefore, call on you the youth; you account for 80 per cent of the northern population and the future of this region lies in your hands, not in the hands of Dinosaurs like me. I’m 59 and among the oldest five per cent of the northern population. I shouldn’t even be governor; I should have been governor ten years ago. But ‘na condition make crayfish bend,’ so we are here.
“But, why are we here? In my view, we are here to prepare the next generation of leaders. That is why the agenda for this summit is very important. So, you should take the panel discussions very seriously and come up with very clear and implementable decisions that you will circulate to all of us elected to lead in northern Nigeria.

“I urge Northern Hibiscus to send recommendations from this summit to the Chairman of northern state governors’ forum. We have to do something about the situation of northern Nigeria and we must do so as a group of 19 governors, not individual state governors.” El-Rufai said.

Also speaking, the sponsor of the event and immediate past Chairman of House of Representatives Committee on Appropriation, Hon. Abdulmumini Jibrin said, while the North was in dire situation, the region has not lost everything. “There is growth everywhere and so many leaders have emerged.”

Jibrin who analysed the need to reawaken the Arewa spirit on sociocultural, economic and political spheres, said family unit remains the bigger challenge faced in the region as it contributes to high rate of divorce, late marriages, drug abuse and destitution.

Looking at the economic aspect, he noted the need for job and wealth creation to build businesses, understanding competition, marketing and funding in entrepreneurship.
He said there is little or no money available at commercial banks to loan small and medium enterprises because government borrows an average of N1 trillion annually with N600 billion to N700 billion interest from first line charge.

The lawmaker called for role models across board, adding that “we have to mould leaders, we have to create ourselves into leaders,” he said.

In her opening remarks, founder of Northern Hibiscus Initiative, Aisha Falke, said the summit was organised to examine the numerous challenges of the North, with a view to finding lasting solutions to them.

She also disclosed that, Northern Hibiscus had also taken the bull by the horn with a 16-year action to empower the youths with useful skills, especially those who are not privileged to have formal education.

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/nigeria-country-of-backward-north-developing-south-el-rufai/

Hell-Rufai let me enlighten you on your people..

You want an exclusive Islamic state,
You want southern Nigeria as a grazing reserve,
Your wealthy family don't want the poor ones to prosper which breeds almajiri,
You leaders are corrupt and use religion to cover up
Re: Nigeria: Country Of Backward North, Developing South – El-rufai by franchasng: 3:05pm On Jul 07, 2019
compton11:
with all the jagos u said,south sudan,burundi,zimbabwe thay are mostly christians.
are they develop?
those are black nations, read my previous posts about black nations.

And why Northern Nigeria's own case is dangerous is because they are black practicing ancient religion of backwardness; Islam, that's double wahala for them, their development will likely take 5million centuries to come because of black + Islam, what a dangerous combination angry
Re: Nigeria: Country Of Backward North, Developing South – El-rufai by genesishouse: 3:12pm On Jul 07, 2019
Even when the North holds power for 300 years if they fail to address the fundamental issues of illiteracy, population control and child marriage they will never experience good development rather more of what they have now.
Terrorism, banditry, kidnapping, poverty, homelessness and street begging

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria: Country Of Backward North, Developing South – El-rufai by nnokwa042(m): 3:18pm On Jul 07, 2019
[quote author=excessmon post=80028241]Dubai citizen well done sir , however Dubai returnees don’t use singular words in the place of plural ....it is these not this sir!!!!

Me I prefer my ekiti o[/quote you dey correct me wey be ordinary citizen for English while your president your dying for don't know what is inclusive government ;Dyou see me as a lecturer?
Re: Nigeria: Country Of Backward North, Developing South – El-rufai by Ttipsy(f): 3:19pm On Jul 07, 2019
General0847:

Provide the facts here please. I'm not a northerner but i hate when unintelligent beings like you spread falsehood.
Just because your drunkard father said it doesn't mean it's a fact.
Provide your proof and let me counter it with facts. Mkpi
you too mpi
Re: Nigeria: Country Of Backward North, Developing South – El-rufai by General0847: 3:38pm On Jul 07, 2019
Ttipsy:
you too mpi

I just busted your web of lies. grin
Ttipsy:
you too mpi

I just busted your web of lies.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Country Of Backward North, Developing South – El-rufai by General0847: 3:51pm On Jul 07, 2019
Anambralstson:
Kano GDP is below Lagos, Rivers, Akwa ibom, Delta, Anambra
Oya move to infrastructural development and compare. First remove Anambra with its erosion and put one side, oya. GDP that doesn't translate to improved standard of living of the masses.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria: Country Of Backward North, Developing South – El-rufai by treatise: 4:14pm On Jul 07, 2019
compton11:
You can see the the Janjanweed brand of Islam being practised in North Sudan and the consequences.
Re: Nigeria: Country Of Backward North, Developing South – El-rufai by vineyardfarms: 4:26pm On Jul 07, 2019
THE NORTH, YOUR PEOPLE HAS ALWAYS BEING IN POWER TO ENSLAVE YOUR OWN PEOPLE, CREATING FIRST AND 3RD CLASS CITIZEN.
Re: Nigeria: Country Of Backward North, Developing South – El-rufai by Sunsets: 4:27pm On Jul 07, 2019
There lies their underdevelopment and poorvercity. Yes, there they raise poor people.
Born2Breed:
The Northern governors are always United unlike the South.
Re: Nigeria: Country Of Backward North, Developing South – El-rufai by Godwin02: 4:33pm On Jul 07, 2019
Juliusmalema:
To me the speech is nothing but deceit.

Believe El-rufai at your own peril.

El-rufai is d worst skimmer that the world has ever known. He is just bringing up sentiment to justify this govt nepotic policies n to attract more international aids to the region.

In terms of infrastructure n govt presence Northern Nigeria is far more developed and than any other region.[color=#770077][/color]
Re: Nigeria: Country Of Backward North, Developing South – El-rufai by EkunKekere: 4:46pm On Jul 07, 2019
Firstly, you are only adding substance to my position. Qatar is not even up to the size of Agege in terms of population so the 600,000 barrels of oil they produce in a day is enough to meet their financial needs

[img]https://images./MTANOMI5fe4L6NdzTKk2w.jpg[/img]

The 1.5 million barrels Nigeria produces is simply not enough to meet the needs of a population of 200 million people.

Secondly, it seems you either have zero comprehension ability or you deliberately ignored the fact that El Rufai clearly and quite rightly identified the North as the burden that is keeping the South from maximising it's economic development potentials. So it shouldn't come as a surprise if you can mention 10 oil rich Muslim countries who have more impressive GDP than Nigeria.

Thirdly, there is indeed a connection between religion and poverty, or perhaps I should say between Islam and poverty.Even the UN and the World Bank have noted that the overwhelming majority of Muslim countries suffer from extreme poverty, while most of the wealth in the world lies in the hands of Christians and Atheists.

[img]https://images./4LhCAnir3qAp67jFwBU6Ig.jpg[/img]

[img]https://images./33hYZn4TacdUiGhtNh03KP.jpg[/img]

Next time actually do some basic research before embarrassing yourself online.

General0847:

1. Nigeria produces more oil than Qatar and Malaysia just to mention a few.
2. Did anyone prevent Nigeria from accessing the innovations of the west in order to develop?
3. I can name 10 Islamic countries better than Nigeria.
So what's your point? Living in denial as usual.
B
Life expectancy in Pakistan is higher than that in Nigeria.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria: Country Of Backward North, Developing South – El-rufai by compton11(m): 4:49pm On Jul 07, 2019
treatise:

You can see the the Janjanweed brand of Islam being practised in North Sudan and the consequences.
I'm talking about south Sudan nigga.
the guy said Islam makes them backward while south Sudan with majority Christians are not develop neither

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Country Of Backward North, Developing South – El-rufai by compton11(m): 5:09pm On Jul 07, 2019
franchasng:
those are black nations, read my previous posts about black nations.

And why Northern Nigeria's own case is dangerous is because they are black practicing ancient religion of backwardness; Islam, that's double wahala for them, their development will likely take 5million centuries to come because of black + Islam, what a dangerous combination angry
Islam+black=backwardness u say?
so black+Christianity is forwardness?
see this one tell me one majority black country with majority Christians that are developed.
u called Islam backwardness while Christianity also took part in backwardness of Africa.
when the Europeans wanted to justify the slave trade of blacks,they brought one fucking curse of ham from the bible.
is it not in south Africa we see how pastor ordered his followers to eat grass?
in Brazil pastor commanded his female church member to suck his dick for holy spirit and so on
and u are just spewing trash here, the Europeans and US that developed now, we saw how they are living Christianity

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Country Of Backward North, Developing South – El-rufai by General0847: 5:14pm On Jul 07, 2019
EkunKekere:
Firstly, you are only adding substance to my position. Qatar is not even up to the size of Agege in terms of population so the 600,000 barrels of oil they produce in a day is enough to meet their financial needs

The 1.5 million barrels Nigeria produces is simply not enough to meet the needs of a population of 200 million people.

Secondly, it seems you either have zero comprehension ability or you deliberately ignored the fact that El Rufai clearly and quite rightly identified the North as the burden that is keeping the South from maximising it's economic development potentials. So it shouldn't come as a surprise if you can mention 10 oil rich Muslim countries who have more impressive GDP than Nigeria.

Thirdly, there is indeed a connection between religion and poverty, or perhaps I should say between Islam and poverty.Even the UN and the World Bank have noted that the overwhelming majority of Muslim countries suffer from extreme poverty, while most of the wealth in the world lies in the hands of Christians and Atheists.

So Christianity is the reason for the poor state of infrastructure in southern Nigeria?
You bigot, you're not half as smart as you think you are. Islamophobia is your problem.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Country Of Backward North, Developing South – El-rufai by General0847: 5:18pm On Jul 07, 2019
EkunKekere:

You are a religious bigot with a pea sized brain.
Because your senile father lacks compression you think i suffer from that too?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Country Of Backward North, Developing South – El-rufai by EkunKekere: 5:27pm On Jul 07, 2019
Sigh. Are you really this stupid, or are you putting on an act? When did I say Christianity was to blame for the South's condition?

Rather I specifically mentioned the parasitic, wretched, impoverished a.b.o.kis who breed like rodents as the problem because they won't allow restructuring which would give the South greater independence to manage its resources.

Now stop fooling around and get off my mentions.

[img]https://images./4dqWBzDqEywMjb2ejxJdSX.jpg[/img]

[img]https://images./53LxI773s0NDGyrFGovafi.jpg[/img]

General0847:

So Christianity is the reason for the poor state of infrastructure in southern Nigeria?
You bigot, you're not half as smart as you think you are. Islamophobia is your problem.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria: Country Of Backward North, Developing South – El-rufai by ahaz: 5:35pm On Jul 07, 2019
Esseite:
It's the usual Fulani crisis management... the Ruga saga started seeing segregation of the Fulanis from the hausas, that is why it was promptly stopped and Unity meetings and forums arranged amongst various northern groups.

my brother you actually read the lines..el rufai and by extension the Fulani's must not be trusted..a the ruga issue is already rejected by the entire south and they are hell bent on implementing it and they knew that the only way to achieve it is through coercion which war with the south is not ruled out.jpresently the entire south is dagger drawn and its high time they rally the entire north whom they see as tools they can convince at anytime as they believe they have forgotten the injustice merged on them by the Fulani's by soon doing brainwash them and mobilize them for war if the eventuality surfaces and trust me they might sucede
Re: Nigeria: Country Of Backward North, Developing South – El-rufai by General0847: 5:35pm On Jul 07, 2019
EkunKekere:
Sigh. Are you really this stupid, or are you putting on an act? When did I say Christianity was to blame for the South's condition?

Rather I specifically mentioned the parasitic, wretched, impoverished a.b.o.kis who breed like rodents as the problem because they won't allow restructuring which would give the South greater independence to manage its resources.

Now stop fooling around and get off my mentions.

[img]https://images./4dqWBzDqEywMjb2ejxJdSX.jpg[/img]

[img]https://images./53LxI773s0NDGyrFGovafi.jpg[/img]

Not as stupid as the dyke that gave birth to you.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Country Of Backward North, Developing South – El-rufai by EkunKekere: 5:57pm On Jul 07, 2019
Chai, the thing pain a.b.o.k.i no be small grin grin grin

[img]https://i./3NowX.gif[/img]

General0847:

Not as stupid as the dyke that gave birth to you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria: Country Of Backward North, Developing South – El-rufai by MNDY(m): 6:06pm On Jul 07, 2019
franchasng:
This is it!

Tell yourself the truth, accept your weakness and that is the beginning of finding a lasting solution instead of basking in your folly and failure while accusing another race for your failures!

Mr. El Rufai, the major thing contributing to the backwardness of Northern Nigeria is ISLAM!

Islamic religion and its doctrines does not support civilisation and human capital development.

Don't mention Qatar or Dubai or Saudi Arabia or Oman or Kuwait, their economy is built on crude oil that has no future! They lack human development, they rely on foreign manpower which can desert them anytime, any day. Islamic doctrines and religion made their citizens lazy.

Its either Northern Nigeria do away with Islamic religion and its ancient doctrines or they should find ways to reform and refine it to support civilisation and true education not Quranic education of cramming Quran to recite.

Your youths abhor western education due to Islamic doctrines!

Your youths are not ambitious, they are okay following one rich Muslim Alhaji who will be providing them with food and tent to sleep and they are okay because that is what Islam teaches.

You cannot achieve what you do not desire and work for.

Northern youths spend most of their time at the Mosque cramming Quran and how to fight Kafirs (Christians) to defend Islam, while the Southern youths are busy reading, studying technology, business an science books, hustling to get visa to western nations and cracking brain to succeed in their various businesses and only go to Church to pray to their God to help them succeed in their life endeavors and to help open their eyes to opportunities to invest in.

So you can see the difference between the religious ways of Southern youths from that of northern youths, that's where the solution lies!

And you northern elites and politicians love it that way because it helps you manipulate them and use them as you like to gain political power and dominance, so talk to your fellow northern elites and oligarchs undecided

I served in the north. The depth of the Islam religion in the north and how it has relegated education to the background, is a very big problem of the north. It will not be easy to change all that.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria: Country Of Backward North, Developing South – El-rufai by Anambralstson: 7:46pm On Jul 07, 2019
General0847:

Oya move to infrastructural development and compare.
First remove Anambra with its erosion and put one side, oya.
GDP that doesn't translate to improved standard of living of the masses.
Erosion while Kano is suffering from desertification grin Anambra have good standard of living than Kano,
Re: Nigeria: Country Of Backward North, Developing South – El-rufai by General0847: 7:56pm On Jul 07, 2019
Anambralstson:
Erosion while Kano is suffering from desertification grin Anambra have good standard of living than Kano,

Who is this osu? Crawl back to your cave.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Country Of Backward North, Developing South – El-rufai by General0847: 8:00pm On Jul 07, 2019
EkunKekere:
Chai, the thing pain a.b.o.k.i no be small grin grin grin

[img]https://i./3NowX.gif[/img]

So anyone that does not agree with your opinion must be hausa?
You are more useless than your drunkard father.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Obituary: Precious Owolabi To Be Buried Tomorrow / President Buhari At The Mosque For Prayers / FG Orders Civil Servants To Resume Monday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.