Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,915 members, 7,806,662 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:06 PM

Messi Accuses CONMEBOL Of Match Fixing And Corruption - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Messi Accuses CONMEBOL Of Match Fixing And Corruption (36294 Views)

The President Of CONMEBOL Honors Lionel Messi With The ‘Baton Of Football’ / Copa America: CONMEBOL Announces Team For Tournament [full List] / Super Eagles Stroll On The Streets Of Uyo Ahead Of Match. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Messi Accuses CONMEBOL Of Match Fixing And Corruption by ackim: 7:56am On Jul 07, 2019
Furious at having been sent off for just the second time in his career, Lionel Messi criticised CONMEBOL after Argentina's 2-1 victory over Chile in the third-place play-off.

The Albiceleste captain did not take any part in the ceremony, after a Copa where he has hit the headlines more for his outbursts against organisers Brazil and CONMEBOL than his exploits on the pitch.

And when he finally addressed reporters from the stadium he launched a withering condemnation of the competition's organisation in supposed favour of the hosts.

"There is no doubt, the whole thing is set up for Brazil," he fired, before suggesting that he paid the price for his previous outburst against the refereeing of the semi final.

"I did not want to be part of this corruption, we shouldn't have to be.

"I always tell the truth and I'm honest, that is what keeps me calm, if what I say has repercussions that is not my business.

"I think that what happened is because of what I said [against Brazil].

"What I said last time perhaps came back to haunt me. With a yellow card that was the end of it."

Messi previously criticised the playing surfaces at the Copa America following Argentina's last-eight victory over Venezuela, labelling the pitches "shameful" after a subdued performance.

But it was in the aftermath of Tuesday's defeat that he really let loose, incensed by the failure of match official Roddy Zambrano to refer two penalty calls to VAR in Brazil's 2-0 victory.

"They were not better than us. They found the net early and the second goal came from a penalty [to Aguero] they didn't award," Messi told reporters.

"They [the officials] had booked a lot of bullsh*t, but they didn't even check the VAR, that's incredible.

"That happened all over the game. At the first glance of contact, they ruled in their [Brazil's] favour and this kind of bullsh*t distracted us from the game."

Source https://www.reportminds.com/2019/07/messi-acuuses-conmebol-of-match-fixing.html?m=1

12 Likes

Re: Messi Accuses CONMEBOL Of Match Fixing And Corruption by Tolexander: 8:03am On Jul 07, 2019
He dey craze!

When Sep Blatter, Michell Platini and UEFA were working every thing out for him and Barcelona, why was he not slamming UEFA for always favoring Barcelona?

Has he even won any major trophy outside Spain since Sep Blatter was ousted?

369 Likes 35 Shares

Re: Messi Accuses CONMEBOL Of Match Fixing And Corruption by Generalyemi(m): 8:45am On Jul 07, 2019
na so
Re: Messi Accuses CONMEBOL Of Match Fixing And Corruption by BigSarah(f): 8:45am On Jul 07, 2019
Stop Whining you suck
Ronaldo is the real GOAT

206 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Messi Accuses CONMEBOL Of Match Fixing And Corruption by ImpregnaTor(m): 8:45am On Jul 07, 2019
the local goat is frustrated beyond doubts,
i suggest they chain him or take him to a rehab at this moment.

lalas after many years of pretending to be that cool guy, he's beginning to show his true colours, i pray they ar not selling sniper in Argentina.

129 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Messi Accuses CONMEBOL Of Match Fixing And Corruption by chibike69: 8:46am On Jul 07, 2019
[left][/left]
Re: Messi Accuses CONMEBOL Of Match Fixing And Corruption by Nobody: 8:47am On Jul 07, 2019
Cronaldo is behind the match fixing...

51 Likes

Re: Messi Accuses CONMEBOL Of Match Fixing And Corruption by Nobody: 8:47am On Jul 07, 2019
No need for all this messi

Just giving your haters D to suck

undecided

4 Likes

Re: Messi Accuses CONMEBOL Of Match Fixing And Corruption by Xisnin(m): 8:47am On Jul 07, 2019
Messi, please stop this.
Don't be like Buhari the blame master.

58 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Messi Accuses CONMEBOL Of Match Fixing And Corruption by lomprico(m): 8:48am On Jul 07, 2019
You think CONMEBOL is barca where u boss and Lord around for all to do your bidding?

As long as I shed tears because of you in 2005. Messi, my curse on you will stay. You will never win any national honours again aside the one you robbed us in 2005. tongue

120 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Messi Accuses CONMEBOL Of Match Fixing And Corruption by Lorenzop: 8:48am On Jul 07, 2019
Dear Messi,
Please retire from international football and stay retired.. Shikena

22 Likes

Re: Messi Accuses CONMEBOL Of Match Fixing And Corruption by Simeony007(m): 8:48am On Jul 07, 2019
Ever since people started calling this guy a God after the first leg of Liverpool vs Barcelona ucl I said words like this gets the real God angry because he's a jealous God. And since then he has not performed like he used to again. You can't refer to God's creation as a God and the real God won't get jealous. He said I the Lord your God am a jealous God. Exodus 20:5

Look at the games he has featured in since then from draw to loses. Even the ones they manage to win it's still by luck like 1-0 or 2-1.

God is the only perfect human! In fact this is a lesson to us all when we think that we have arrived and we don't need God again in things we do and get too proud he can take those things away from us in a twinkle of an eye.

52 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Messi Accuses CONMEBOL Of Match Fixing And Corruption by LeSulk(m): 8:48am On Jul 07, 2019
He did not complain in '09 when Ovrebo helped them defeat Chelsea.

He did not complain the next year when he won the Ballon d' Or when he did fůck all that year, while Sneidjer was instrumental in winning a treble for Inter and also the WC final.

Where does he think the word 'UEFAlona' came from?

Wonder what he'll have done yesterday as a Nigerian, when the ref blew for a foul because the ball hit him.

These things have a way of balancing themselves out, though to me he got the better part of the equation.

123 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Messi Accuses CONMEBOL Of Match Fixing And Corruption by philip0906(m): 8:49am On Jul 07, 2019
Sore loser

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi Accuses CONMEBOL Of Match Fixing And Corruption by Nobody: 8:49am On Jul 07, 2019
CONMEBOL, remove your mask..We know you're Ronaldo. grin

146 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Messi Accuses CONMEBOL Of Match Fixing And Corruption by properties4sale: 8:49am On Jul 07, 2019
Messi is a talented player and doesn't talk anyhow. The allegation should be looked into

For PH residents, you can acquire this properties cheap.,

https://www.nairaland.com/5283231/furniture-home-appliances-very-cheap

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi Accuses CONMEBOL Of Match Fixing And Corruption by saintol(m): 8:50am On Jul 07, 2019
So na now you just dey know when the thing no favour you. Abeg gbe body eee let us see front.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Messi Accuses CONMEBOL Of Match Fixing And Corruption by Nobody: 8:50am On Jul 07, 2019
Good.
The match against Brazil was very shameful. Argentina were by far the superior team, they played Brazil well.
And the ref robbed them of two clear penalties. VAR was there but there totally ignored it.

18 Likes

Re: Messi Accuses CONMEBOL Of Match Fixing And Corruption by Mizik1: 8:51am On Jul 07, 2019
So much hate for messi on this thread undecided

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi Accuses CONMEBOL Of Match Fixing And Corruption by Okaakoko(m): 8:51am On Jul 07, 2019
Continue
Re: Messi Accuses CONMEBOL Of Match Fixing And Corruption by Vikzz(m): 8:51am On Jul 07, 2019
werey sheep angry will always find something to complain about his misfortune goat ko cow ni grin

21 Likes

Re: Messi Accuses CONMEBOL Of Match Fixing And Corruption by namiji2598: 8:52am On Jul 07, 2019
God save the king nothing go Change my love for u

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi Accuses CONMEBOL Of Match Fixing And Corruption by Zumarocket(f): 8:52am On Jul 07, 2019
lomprico:
You think CONMEBOL is barca where u boss and Lord around for all to do your bidding?

Messi has won best player award in both international and club
Level. Beat that.

9 Likes

Re: Messi Accuses CONMEBOL Of Match Fixing And Corruption by Jac007(m): 8:52am On Jul 07, 2019
properties4sale:
Messi is a talented player and doesn't talk anyhow. The allegation should be looked into

Make Im go sitdown abeg

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi Accuses CONMEBOL Of Match Fixing And Corruption by fergie001: 8:52am On Jul 07, 2019
So all the Barcelona theatrics in the past didn't smack of corruption from UEFA?

We know how it's done @ Campe Nou, baba...

Mikel could have asked the same question to Rojo at the World Cup or countless times Milan, Arsenal & co. could have said same at Campe Nou....

Move on....its football

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi Accuses CONMEBOL Of Match Fixing And Corruption by tifetola: 8:52am On Jul 07, 2019
properties4sale:

Unfortunately na foolish people just full NL.

Thank God someone has sense

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi Accuses CONMEBOL Of Match Fixing And Corruption by Alum34(m): 8:53am On Jul 07, 2019
Messi retirement 3.0 loading. �����

27 Likes

Re: Messi Accuses CONMEBOL Of Match Fixing And Corruption by martineverest(m): 8:54am On Jul 07, 2019
Copa America is marred with bad officiating....I wouldn't be surprised to see Brazil winning courtesy of referee..

14 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Cristiano Ronaldo Sets New Champions League Record In Villarreal Win (Pix) / Manchester United Fans Protest On Pitch At Old Trafford Stadium (Photos, Video) / Ghana's John Boye Pictured Kissing His Share Of $3 Million Cash Bonus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.