Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,370 members, 7,800,745 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:18 AM

Elizabeth Ndubuisi-Chukwu Strangulated To Death In South Africa - Autopsy Report - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Elizabeth Ndubuisi-Chukwu Strangulated To Death In South Africa - Autopsy Report (19559 Views)

Osinachi: Autopsy Report Out, FCT Seeks Legal Advice / Can Anyone Identify This Young Man Strangulated To Death In Abuja? (SEE PHOTO+VI / Autopsy Shows Corper Ifeoma Abugu, Killed By Police, Was Strangulated (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Elizabeth Ndubuisi-Chukwu Strangulated To Death In South Africa - Autopsy Report by ijustdey: 10:52am On Jul 07, 2019
Ebere Nwoji

The Deputy Director General of the Chartered Insurance Institute of Nigeria (CIIN), Mrs Elizabeth Ndubuisi-Chukwu was strangulated to death in her hotel room at Emperor’s Palace, Johannesburg, South Africa, an autopsy report has said.

However, a review of the CCTV at the hotel showed that nobody entered Ndubisi’s room during the 46th African Insurance Organisation Conference and General Assembly (AIO) held between June 9 and 13 in South Africa.

Chairman and Chief Executive of Nigeria in Diaspora Commission, Hon. Abike Dabiri-Erewa disclosed on her twitter handle that Ndubisi was strangulated to death, citing autopsy report from South Africa’s Depart of Health.

Dabiri-Erewa said, “Our Consular General in South Africa alongside the brother of the deceased are on the sad incident. The CCTV showed no one entered the room.

“Autopsy showed that the death of Ndubisi was unnatural. However, checks on the CCTV by the South African Police showed that no one entered the room.”

Ndubisi’s colleagues, who interacted with her throughout the conference until her death in the night of June 13, claimed that she was hale and hearty until her death.

THISDAY could not reach the CIIN President, Mr Eddie Efekoha yesterday to find out steps the professional body was taking to bring those behind Ndubisi’s death to book.

Efekoha did not answer his calls; neither did he respond to SMS message sent to him by THISDAY.

However, credible sources disclosed that the CIIN had written to the South Africa High Commission and the police, though they were yet to get feedback from them.

Since the autopsy report was released, concerned Nigerians have been debating what culminated in Ndubisi’s death on different social media platforms, wondering could have been responsible for the evil deed.

Former Chairman of National Human Rights Commission (NHRC), Prof. Chidi Odinkalu lamented that 25 days after Ndubisi was killed by strangulation in her hotel room, South African Police did not ask for footage.

According to him, it that normal? From where did you get your information as to what CCTV showed?

Some of the comments THISDAY obtained on different platforms read in part: “The CCTV video footage could have been edited. That is what must be unraveled.

“It is unbelievable for a gentle woman like her to have had altercation with anybody that could lead to strangulation. But as they said, investigation is ongoing. I hope relevant bodies will pursue this matter to a logical conclusion.”

Another comment from her professional colleagues said the hotel “was quiet until questions started popping up in the social media. Then, they responded yesterday morning that the police did not show up for the CCTV footage.

“Not so long, the South Africa Police said they found nothing in the footage. All these happened g within hours.”

Ndubisi-Chukwu, a dedicated staff of the CIIN and a valued member of the institute, joined the institute on April 9, 2016.

During her time at the institute, she consistently championed the ideals of the Institute, promoting the insurance Industry agenda with her expertise and experience.

In particular, the CIIN Breakfast Seminar Series, a program that has become a feature in the insurance industry, is one of the legacies that she left behind.[/quote]

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2019/07/07/ciin-director-strangulated-to-death-in-safrica-says-autopsy-report/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Elizabeth Ndubuisi-Chukwu Strangulated To Death In South Africa - Autopsy Report by Anijay1212(m): 10:59am On Jul 07, 2019
This is really sad and if true our government should treat this as an act of war and give it all the seriousness it deserves and the culprit(s) should be brought to book.

13 Likes

Re: Elizabeth Ndubuisi-Chukwu Strangulated To Death In South Africa - Autopsy Report by EdoNation(f): 10:59am On Jul 07, 2019
Abacha Styled Assassination, if you know you know

3 Likes

Re: Elizabeth Ndubuisi-Chukwu Strangulated To Death In South Africa - Autopsy Report by CreepyBlackpool: 11:35am On Jul 07, 2019
The bastards have wiped the cctv footage!!!angry

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Elizabeth Ndubuisi-Chukwu Strangulated To Death In South Africa - Autopsy Report by Officialgarri: 4:23pm On Jul 07, 2019
CreepyBlackpool:
The bastards have wiped the cctv footage!!!angry
Or maybe she strangled herself. Just like when you have neck pain from watching too much TV

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Elizabeth Ndubuisi-Chukwu Strangulated To Death In South Africa - Autopsy Report by ruffhandu: 4:23pm On Jul 07, 2019
hmn, I hope it's not the handiwork of village people, since they can remote someone to abandon all he has in Europe and head back home to become and remain useless. Submit to Jesus and see village people become powerless in your life.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Elizabeth Ndubuisi-Chukwu Strangulated To Death In South Africa - Autopsy Report by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jul 07, 2019
undecidedSouth African b@stards killing Nigerians since time immemorial and our government doing nothing. It is audible to the deaf and visible to the blind that this was planned....With their head like expired akpu.......Fvck....

4 Likes

Re: Elizabeth Ndubuisi-Chukwu Strangulated To Death In South Africa - Autopsy Report by Beehshorp(m): 4:24pm On Jul 07, 2019
This case reminds me of cases Lucifer solves with ease together with detective Decker.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Elizabeth Ndubuisi-Chukwu Strangulated To Death In South Africa - Autopsy Report by Autotech312(m): 4:27pm On Jul 07, 2019
Wetin Igbo's do South Africa people why na......
Re: Elizabeth Ndubuisi-Chukwu Strangulated To Death In South Africa - Autopsy Report by juvewalex(m): 4:27pm On Jul 07, 2019
If there was no footage of anyone entering her room ,how come she was found dead and strangulated ? This might just be a well coordinated assassination involving the authority..

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Elizabeth Ndubuisi-Chukwu Strangulated To Death In South Africa - Autopsy Report by Odinaka00(m): 4:27pm On Jul 07, 2019
This kain spiritual death sef.. May her soul rest in peace
Re: Elizabeth Ndubuisi-Chukwu Strangulated To Death In South Africa - Autopsy Report by Amuocha: 4:27pm On Jul 07, 2019
Buhari sef angry
Re: Elizabeth Ndubuisi-Chukwu Strangulated To Death In South Africa - Autopsy Report by Jobac: 4:28pm On Jul 07, 2019
We can't allow any Nigerian to be murdered anywhere without proper investigation. I expect Nigeria high commission to take it up with South African government. RIP Mrs. Ndubuisi -Chukwu.

3 Likes

Re: Elizabeth Ndubuisi-Chukwu Strangulated To Death In South Africa - Autopsy Report by Starboytwo(m): 4:28pm On Jul 07, 2019
Xenophobic bastards

We goon see on Wednesday....awon wahray

2 Likes

Re: Elizabeth Ndubuisi-Chukwu Strangulated To Death In South Africa - Autopsy Report by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jul 07, 2019
kingsaint:
Good day nairalanders.My name is innocent and I'm a final year student of University of Nigeria. I'm currently passing through financial difficulties as my father recently suffered from stroke and much money was spent in his treatment. This has made me unable to get money to fund my final year project research and I won't graduate if I don't complete my project. Pls help me, any amount will be appreciated. God bless you sir
UBA
Then quit school. School nor be by force......Mtcheew...Disturbing all the thread with this rubbish

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Elizabeth Ndubuisi-Chukwu Strangulated To Death In South Africa - Autopsy Report by freemanbubble: 4:29pm On Jul 07, 2019
Okay
Re: Elizabeth Ndubuisi-Chukwu Strangulated To Death In South Africa - Autopsy Report by winterfell007(m): 4:29pm On Jul 07, 2019
Honestly the African Union should ban South Africa for notoriously being very hostile to visitors. How could someone gain access to a hotel, probably checked in and got into woman's hotel room and strangled her to death and they have no practical record of such visitor.

This bullshit smells of conspiracy and deliberate cover-up either by the hotel management or the government

15 Likes

Re: Elizabeth Ndubuisi-Chukwu Strangulated To Death In South Africa - Autopsy Report by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jul 07, 2019
kingsaint:
Good day nairalanders.My name is innocent and I'm a final year student of University of Nigeria. I'm currently passing through financial difficulties as my father recently suffered from stroke and much money was spent in his treatment. This has made me unable to get money to fund my final year project research and I won't graduate if I don't complete my project. Pls help me, any amount will be appreciated. God bless you sir
UBA
this online begging u r doing up and down won't help u.. U r a man, there is a construction site going on in ur community go n use ur strength n muscle, nobody owes u anything

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Elizabeth Ndubuisi-Chukwu Strangulated To Death In South Africa - Autopsy Report by wordcat(m): 4:31pm On Jul 07, 2019
This is an organized crime. The person handling the CCTV knows what happened

2 Likes

Re: Elizabeth Ndubuisi-Chukwu Strangulated To Death In South Africa - Autopsy Report by MondayOsunbor(m): 4:31pm On Jul 07, 2019
ijustdey:

Ebere Nwoji

The Deputy Director General of the Chartered Insurance Institute of Nigeria (CIIN), Mrs Elizabeth Ndubuisi-Chukwu was strangulated to death in her hotel room at Emperor’s Palace, Johannesburg, South Africa, an autopsy report has said.

However, a review of the CCTV at the hotel showed that nobody entered Ndubisi’s room during the 46th African Insurance Organisation Conference and General Assembly (AIO) held between June 9 and 13 in South Africa.

Chairman and Chief Executive of Nigeria in Diaspora Commission, Hon. Abike Dabiri-Erewa disclosed on her twitter handle that Ndubisi was strangulated to death, citing autopsy report from South Africa’s Depart of Health.

Dabiri-Erewa said, “Our Consular General in South Africa alongside the brother of the deceased are on the sad incident. The CCTV showed no one entered the room.

“Autopsy showed that the death of Ndubisi was unnatural. However, checks on the CCTV by the South African Police showed that no one entered the room.”

Ndubisi’s colleagues, who interacted with her throughout the conference until her death in the night of June 13, claimed that she was hale and hearty until her death.

THISDAY could not reach the CIIN President, Mr Eddie Efekoha yesterday to find out steps the professional body was taking to bring those behind Ndubisi’s death to book.

Efekoha did not answer his calls; neither did he respond to SMS message sent to him by THISDAY.

However, credible sources disclosed that the CIIN had written to the South Africa High Commission and the police, though they were yet to get feedback from them.

Since the autopsy report was released, concerned Nigerians have been debating what culminated in Ndubisi’s death on different social media platforms, wondering could have been responsible for the evil deed.

Former Chairman of National Human Rights Commission (NHRC), Prof. Chidi Odinkalu lamented that 25 days after Ndubisi was killed by strangulation in her hotel room, South African Police did not ask for footage.

According to him, it that normal? From where did you get your information as to what CCTV showed?

Some of the comments THISDAY obtained on different platforms read in part: “The CCTV video footage could have been edited. That is what must be unraveled.

“It is unbelievable for a gentle woman like her to have had altercation with anybody that could lead to strangulation. But as they said, investigation is ongoing. I hope relevant bodies will pursue this matter to a logical conclusion.”

Another comment from her professional colleagues said the hotel “was quiet until questions started popping up in the social media. Then, they responded yesterday morning that the police did not show up for the CCTV footage.

“Not so long, the South Africa Police said they found nothing in the footage. All these happened g within hours.”

Ndubisi-Chukwu, a dedicated staff of the CIIN and a valued member of the institute, joined the institute on April 9, 2016.

During her time at the institute, she consistently championed the ideals of the Institute, promoting the insurance Industry agenda with her expertise and experience.

In particular, the CIIN Breakfast Seminar Series, a program that has become a feature in the insurance industry, is one of the legacies that she left behind.

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2019/07/07/ciin-director-strangulated-to-death-in-safrica-says-autopsy-report/

They should check her ppl there .whoever killed know her very well

2 Likes

Re: Elizabeth Ndubuisi-Chukwu Strangulated To Death In South Africa - Autopsy Report by MrImole: 4:32pm On Jul 07, 2019
Where art thou o ye Sherlock Holmes?
Re: Elizabeth Ndubuisi-Chukwu Strangulated To Death In South Africa - Autopsy Report by FarahAideed: 4:32pm On Jul 07, 2019
She must have been killed by one of the Hotel staff who came to rob her .. Black South Africans rob a lot oo

2 Likes

Re: Elizabeth Ndubuisi-Chukwu Strangulated To Death In South Africa - Autopsy Report by don4real18(m): 4:33pm On Jul 07, 2019
Hmm... If only our leaders we're sincere in weapons procurement. We would have called out the South African government to either provide answers or risk going to war but as it stands, we are like a toothless dog.

3 Likes

Re: Elizabeth Ndubuisi-Chukwu Strangulated To Death In South Africa - Autopsy Report by OVIHINNO(m): 4:33pm On Jul 07, 2019
They should do a proper investigation. Autopsy report indicates that she was strangled and now police says from CCTV footage no one was seen entering her room? Abi na SPIRITUAL STRANGULATION? Anyway this is Africa! Shits happens

3 Likes

Re: Elizabeth Ndubuisi-Chukwu Strangulated To Death In South Africa - Autopsy Report by TriggahMan(m): 4:35pm On Jul 07, 2019
Xenophobic motherfuckers

1 Like

Re: Elizabeth Ndubuisi-Chukwu Strangulated To Death In South Africa - Autopsy Report by Sunnycliff(m): 4:37pm On Jul 07, 2019
This is terrible
Re: Elizabeth Ndubuisi-Chukwu Strangulated To Death In South Africa - Autopsy Report by Okuda(m): 4:38pm On Jul 07, 2019
looks like case of robbery!
Re: Elizabeth Ndubuisi-Chukwu Strangulated To Death In South Africa - Autopsy Report by XhosaNostra(f): 4:39pm On Jul 07, 2019
Zhegx:
undecidedSouth African b@stards killing Nigerians since time immemorial and our government doing nothing. It is audible to the deaf and visible to the blind that this was planned....With their head like expired akpu.......Fvck....

So everyone that dies in South Africa, a South African is behind it? See cat lady logic grin As they say, the investigation is still ongoing. So I wouldn't start pointing fingers if I were you until a suspect is apprehended. Because at this point, it could be anyone, including the people she came with. That is a very upmarket hotel with security, I highly doubt some thug off the streets did this.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Elizabeth Ndubuisi-Chukwu Strangulated To Death In South Africa - Autopsy Report by Codes151(m): 4:39pm On Jul 07, 2019
See country ran my fulanis

No swag! Consulate?

SA should be in nigeria already

(1) (2) (Reply)

Police Arraign Two Women Who Fought Over A Man In Nasarawa / Court Convicts 17 Internet Fraudsters In Uyo (Photos) / Usmanu Danfodio University Student Loses 2 Hands To Motorcycle Snatchers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.