Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,316 members, 7,808,064 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:21 AM

Pictures Of Nigerian Army Day Celebration (NADCEL 2019) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pictures Of Nigerian Army Day Celebration (NADCEL 2019) (25676 Views)

VP Shettima Lands In Ibadan For 2023 Army Day Celebration (Video) / Soldiers Clean Up Ikeja As It Celebrates Army Day (Photos) / President Buhari Arrives Borno For Nigerian Army Day Celebration(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pictures Of Nigerian Army Day Celebration (NADCEL 2019) by naptu2: 11:04am On Jul 07, 2019
Insurgency: Army produce, unveil armoured fighting vehicles to mark 156 years anniversary

by Dailytimes
July 7, 2019

The Nigerian Army, on Saturday unveiled light armoured fighting vehicles and other equipment of warfare produced by the Nigerian Army Vehicle Manufacturing Company in partnership with Proforce.

The unveiling which was part of the activities to mark the Nigerian Army Day Celebration (NADCEL), 2019, held at Ikeja Cantonment in Lagos.

Stating that the unveiling of the new vehicles tallied with the significance of NADCEL, the Chief of Army Staff (COAS), Lt.-Gen. Tukur Buratai said the annual event was to afford Nigerian Army (NA) the opportunity to showcase its rich history, values and modest achievements.

Buratai said, “ NADCEL is designed to array our personnel and equipment with a view to showcasing our combat capability as an Army. Similarly, it is aimed at projecting the NA as a key instrument of national power, unity, integration and development.”

In his speech, the COAS noted that while the NA had initiated numerous operations to fight insurgency and criminality, campaign stabilisation projects are currently being conducted in the North-East to ensure the safe return of Internally Displaced Persons (IDP) to their homes.

The NA boss said, “ We are all aware that the country is facing numerous security challenges and this has necessitated the Nigerian Army’s current involvement in conducting numerous operations across the country. “

The operations are aimed at tackling the nefarious acts of these criminal elements in order to restore sanity to our dear country. Additionally, the NA has introduced numerous non-kenetic or the soft power apporach aimed at winning the hearts and minds of the citizens.

“ Some of these interventions are aimed at providing the much needed security for our people who are engaged in one form of business or the other and to enable our farmers to return to their farms.

“ To achieve this, the NA have also introduced and indeed currently conducts campaign stabilisation project in the North-East which focuses on countering the Boko Haram negative ideology and ensuring the safe return of the IDPs and refuges to their ancestral homes.”

Buratai further appreciated the President, Muhammad Buhari, for his numerous support to the NA.

Making his remark at the occasion, the Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces, President Muhammadu Buhari assured Nigerian of security saying Kidnapping, Banditry, Insurgency and other forms of criminality are been tackled.

While inspecting the armoured vehicles, the President who was represented by the Vice- President, Prof. Yemi Osinbanjo congratulated the Nigerian Army on the innovation.

“ I want to reassure all Nigerians that issues of kidnapping, banditry, farmers and herdsmen clashes are being seriously tackled by the Federal Government, working with the States, through a multi-pronged approach.

“ Nobody will be allowed to maim, kill or commit other crimes and escape. It is our duty to apprehend and punish these criminals and that is what we are doing. “

But perhaps, the most impressive feature of today’s celebrations is the demonstration of our local capacity to manufacture armored vehicles. We have seen that what DiCON in collaboration with Command Engineering Depot of the Nigerian Army has done with the manufacture of infantry patrol vehicles, tactical patrol vehicles, sophisticated mine clearance systems and other equipment of warfare.

“ Proforce, a local vehicle company has also displayed its Mine resistant anti-ambush protected vehicles, these are designed 100% at Proforce, in collaboration with the Nigerian army.

“ Already some African countries have purchased armored vehicles from this company. Nigeria, will in another decade, manufacture most of its military hardware.”

Earlier, 288 flats, renovated for personnel of the NA, were commissioned by the COAS in Lagos.

Mrs. Onwe Chizoba, a resident of one of the renovated flats expressed gratitude to the NA leadership saying, “Before now, the block housing my flat was very bad. But I wm glad that the COAS has favored us with new structures.”

https://dailytimes.ng/insurgency-army-produce-unveil-armoured-fighting-vehicles-to-mark-156-years-anniversary/

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Army Day Celebration (NADCEL 2019) by naptu2: 11:04am On Jul 07, 2019
Pay my pension, 104-year-old WW ll veteran urges FG

July 6, 2019

A 104-year-old World War ll veteran of the Nigerian Army, Adamo Aduku on Saturday urged the Federal Government to pay his pension.

Aduku was one of those conferred with the Chief of Army Staff World War II Veteran Award at the 2019 Army Day Celebration in Lagos.

While speaking to journalists at the event, he lamented that since he was discharged as a Private from the Nigerian Army, he was yet to receive his pension.

“I joined the Royal West African Frontier Force in 1942 in Markurdi, Benue State. Trained in Laguna and deployed to India during World War II. I fought at Calcutta.

“I returned to Lagos in 1946 and was of the 4 Brigade Guard Group until I was discharged in that same year.

“I rejoined the Nigerian Army in 1950 in Zaria and was finally discharged in 1957 as a private soldier.

“I’m currently a farmer in Ibejukolo Omala Local Government Area in Kogi State.

“I have not being paid my pension since I was discharged and I’m appealing to the federal government to look into the matter so I can get my pension, ” he said.

Oduku thanked the Nigerian Army for the award.

(NAN)

https://punchng.com/video-pay-my-pension104-year-old-ww-ll-veteran-urges-fg/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zm_72dAYz5w

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Army Day Celebration (NADCEL 2019) by naptu2: 11:04am On Jul 07, 2019
We will rid Nigeria of insurgency, criminality, says Buhari

President Muhammadu Buhari on Saturday pledged his administration’s continued political will and determination to rid the country of insurgency and other forms of criminality.

Buhari, who was represented by Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo, made the promise at the Grand Finale of the 2019 Nigerian Army Day Celebration and Combat Support Arms Training Week at Ikeja Cantonment Parade Ground, Lagos.

The Nigerian Army Day is an annual event held every July 6, since 1976, in honour of the Nigerian Army. This year’s celebration was themed, ‘Professionally Responsive Soldering: A Panacea for Successful Military Operations’.

The President said that the security challenges in the country were being tacked in collaboration with the Nigerian Armed Forces.

“The challenge for us is to recognise this sick extremism of Boko Haram for what it is and form alliances across faith, ethnicities, to destroy an evil that confronts us all.

“We will continue to demonstrate the political will and determination towards ensuring that our land is rid of insurgency and that criminality is kept at the barest minimum.

“There are also other situations of insecurity in our midst, the Fulani herder and farmer conflicts, random killings, banditry and kidnapping.

“In different parts of the country, there are challenges that the army has had to intervene in, on many occasions.

“We assure all Nigerians that these challenges are been seriously tackled by the Federal Government working with the states through a multi-pronged approach, working with the Nigerian Army and all our security forces and law enforcement agencies.

“Nobody will be allowed to maim, kill or commit other crimes and escape. It is our duty to apprehend and punish these criminals and we are doing that and we will continue to do so,” he said.

Buhari urged the judiciary to ensure timely dispensation of justice in the cases of arrested bandits.

“Several bandits’ hideouts and camps have been destroyed and hundreds of arrests have been made.

“It is now up to our Judiciary to ensure that justice is meted out, not just comprehensively, but in a timely manner,” he said.

The President said his administration would intensify efforts to bring back the remaining Chiboks girls, Leah Sharibu and others who were still in captivity.

“We want to reassure the affected families and friends that this administration will not relent in its efforts to bring back all the remaining girls including Leah Sharibu, who has become a postal child for the heinous activities of  Boko Haram insurgency.

“We will reunite them with their families and friends by the Grace of God,” he said.

https://punchng.com/we-will-rid-nigeria-of-insurgency-criminality-says-buhari/

Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Army Day Celebration (NADCEL 2019) by naptu2: 11:06am On Jul 07, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOFvNgCBrPE

More pictures of the vehicles.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Army Day Celebration (NADCEL 2019) by naptu2: 11:07am On Jul 07, 2019

Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Army Day Celebration (NADCEL 2019) by naptu2: 11:07am On Jul 07, 2019
L-R) Kwara State governor, Alhaji Abdulrahman Abdulrazak, Lagos State deputy governor, Dr Obafemi Hamzat, Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, chief of army staff, Lieutenant General Tukur Buratai and chief of defence staff, General Gabriel Olonisakin at NADCEL 2019.

Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Army Day Celebration (NADCEL 2019) by naptu2: 11:09am On Jul 07, 2019
The end

Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Army Day Celebration (NADCEL 2019) by leksite120(m): 11:36am On Jul 07, 2019
Happy celebration, God bless the Nigeria Army God bless the federal republic of Nigeria

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Army Day Celebration (NADCEL 2019) by Intellectual201: 12:09pm On Jul 07, 2019
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Army Day Celebration (NADCEL 2019) by Benekruku(m): 12:33pm On Jul 07, 2019

God bless the Nigerian Armed Forces!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Army Day Celebration (NADCEL 2019) by mysidechick(f): 12:35pm On Jul 07, 2019
angry angry sad grin

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Army Day Celebration (NADCEL 2019) by soberdrunk(m): 12:38pm On Jul 07, 2019
Who nor go nor know!!! angry
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Army Day Celebration (NADCEL 2019) by oluwasegun007(m): 12:40pm On Jul 07, 2019
They are worth celebrating...

Even though the government, economy and most especially politicians are not encouraging...

This guys should be treated like heroes...

Because they most time pay the ultimate prize for what they do.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Army Day Celebration (NADCEL 2019) by Freelanceona100(m): 12:42pm On Jul 07, 2019
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Army Day Celebration (NADCEL 2019) by Freelanceona100(m): 12:43pm On Jul 07, 2019
mysidechick:
angry angry sad grin

Check my signature
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Army Day Celebration (NADCEL 2019) by 360degreess(m): 12:44pm On Jul 07, 2019
wonderful.. may God continue to protect and bless the Nigerian Army against their enemies.
ipob/Nyamiri should keep off.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Army Day Celebration (NADCEL 2019) by Freelanceona100(m): 12:44pm On Jul 07, 2019
incminx4003x:

Check my signature
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Army Day Celebration (NADCEL 2019) by RexEmmyGee: 12:45pm On Jul 07, 2019
VP veins coming out o. At 104 he still get some strength
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Army Day Celebration (NADCEL 2019) by lekkan(m): 12:46pm On Jul 07, 2019
We both left Secondary school at 16.
We both took JAMB for tertiary institutions.
You Chose Unilag I Chose NDA.
Results came out and we both did well.
You got your Medicine and Surgery, I got recommend.
Every semester break you're always home.
Every Thermal break I might be on the Field!
You celebrate every Christmas with your Family.
I celebrate mine in the tents with my mates.
You chose a Career I chose a way of Life!
One day we both came back home from work!
Your parents were crying and so were mine.
Yours were shedding tears of joy for seeing you fulfill your dreams!
Mine were crying because I was lying in the coffin with medals on my shoulders.

I'm a Soldier, I'm born to Survive!
God Bless Nigeria!
God Bless Nigeria Army!!

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Army Day Celebration (NADCEL 2019) by Cherrybae(f): 12:49pm On Jul 07, 2019
God bless osinbajo a true man of God. A man after gods heart.
The Epitome of change mantra.
The nightmare of Igbos criminals.

God bless our Nigerian Army

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Army Day Celebration (NADCEL 2019) by YoungLionken(m): 12:54pm On Jul 07, 2019
T
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Army Day Celebration (NADCEL 2019) by OROSUNBOLB(m): 12:57pm On Jul 07, 2019
PROFORCE ! Proudly Yoruba! Proudly Nigerian!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Army Day Celebration (NADCEL 2019) by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jul 07, 2019
I Could never understand this security Rubbish, were men in Suits and ties wearing shiny shoes are meant to be protecting a Man in a Vehicle by running on foot along a moving vehicle. Are they supposed to run faster than the moving Vehicle? Not only it's unsafe for the security men, They also appear useless to their Employer who is on a moving Vehicle.

Maybe i am just Stupid. grin

4 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Army Day Celebration (NADCEL 2019) by Earlystar698(m): 1:01pm On Jul 07, 2019
Other countries are showing jet the zoo are showing Jumia car #50000 ... what if the drone
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Army Day Celebration (NADCEL 2019) by TANID(m): 1:03pm On Jul 07, 2019
gypsey:
I Could never understand this security Rubbish, were men in Suits and ties wearing shiny shoes are meant to be protecting a Man in a Vehicle by running on foot along a moving vehicle. Are they supposed to run faster than the moving Vehicle? Not only it's unsafe for the security men, They also appear useless to their Employer who is on a moving Vehicle.

No You're Not stupid Sir grin But You're Just Stated Out Some Truth. Thanks Sir I Always Learned From You.
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Army Day Celebration (NADCEL 2019) by Chimaokigwe: 1:07pm On Jul 07, 2019
OROSUNBOLB:
PROFORCE ! Proudly Yoruba! Proudly Nigerian!

Correct guy

3 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Army Day Celebration (NADCEL 2019) by Chimaokigwe: 1:08pm On Jul 07, 2019
gypsey:

You aren't stupid, you are inquisitive.

The job of those men is to be the last wall of defence of their principal. They are supposed to immediately deal with perceived threats on all sides and that's why they usually surround the vehicle. If a bullet comes, their job is to take it instead of allowing it get to their principal.

Their training allows them trot beside the VP's vehicle if the vehicle is moving at a slow pace. If faster than that, there is usually an Suv just behind them which they ride in or hang on to.

For you to see them walking, their principal's vehicle isn't moving fast. It's a slow ride in a short distance.

Make no mistake, they are well qualified, trained and capable to deal with potential threats.

7 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Army Day Celebration (NADCEL 2019) by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jul 07, 2019
TANID:
No You're Not stupid Sir grin But You're Just Stated Out Some Truth. Thanks Sir I Always Learned From You.
Thanks! grin you see? it makes no sense, Men on foot protecting a man on a Moving Vehicle, The men in suits on foot are the ones who would need protecting in this situation.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

El-rufai Was Welcomed In Kagarko LGA By Crowd (Photos). / It's Un-Islamic, Ungodly For Buhari To Reward Tinubu With Ingratitude- Afegbua / Next Level Lies: From The Desk Of Reno Omokri The Master Of Facts.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.