Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,850 members, 7,802,726 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:05 PM

Pictures Of Nigerian Army Day Celebration (NADCEL 2019) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pictures Of Nigerian Army Day Celebration (NADCEL 2019) (25668 Views)

VP Shettima Lands In Ibadan For 2023 Army Day Celebration (Video) / Soldiers Clean Up Ikeja As It Celebrates Army Day (Photos) / President Buhari Arrives Borno For Nigerian Army Day Celebration(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Army Day Celebration (NADCEL 2019) by Nanop1: 1:12pm On Jul 07, 2019
u mean assasins
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Army Day Celebration (NADCEL 2019) by harley88(m): 1:13pm On Jul 07, 2019
gypsey:
I Could never understand this security Rubbish, were men in Suits and ties wearing shiny shoes are meant to be protecting a Man in a Vehicle by running on foot along a moving vehicle. Are they supposed to run faster than the moving Vehicle? Not only it's unsafe for the security men, They also appear useless to their Employer who is on a moving Vehicle.

Maybe i am just Stupid. grin

yep..... I think your last sentence is the case
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Army Day Celebration (NADCEL 2019) by TANID(m): 1:13pm On Jul 07, 2019
Analqueenluci Come And celebrate With Us grin
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Army Day Celebration (NADCEL 2019) by gilgal7(f): 1:13pm On Jul 07, 2019
Osibanjo and buratai should stay inside those trucks and the Nigerian soldiers should fire the truck with artillery guns and RPG for testing purpose... let's stop all this eye service politics
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Army Day Celebration (NADCEL 2019) by naptu2: 1:14pm On Jul 07, 2019
gypsey:
I Could never understand this security Rubbish, were men in Suits and ties wearing shiny shoes are meant to be protecting a Man in a Vehicle by running on foot along a moving vehicle. Are they supposed to run faster than the moving Vehicle? Not only it's unsafe for the security men, They also appear useless to their Employer who is on a moving Vehicle.

Those men only flank vehicles when the vehicles are moving slowly. They do it to prevent situations like this

Drama As Man Attacks Obasanjo At Lagos Airport.
https://www.nairaland.com/547678/drama-man-attacks-obasanjo-lagos

They are replaced by motorcycles or SUVs (or other flankers) when the vehicle moves faster.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Army Day Celebration (NADCEL 2019) by TANID(m): 1:16pm On Jul 07, 2019
gypsey:
Thanks! grin you see? it makes no sense, Men on foot protecting a man on a Moving Vehicle, The men in suits on foot are the ones who would need protecting in this situation.
Yes I Can See That.
Thanks For This enlighten.
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Army Day Celebration (NADCEL 2019) by pmc01(m): 1:19pm On Jul 07, 2019
naptu2:

Those men only flank vehicles when the vehicles are moving slowly. They do it to prevent situations like this

They are replaced by motorcycles or SUVs (or other flankers) when the vehicle moves faster.

Thank you sir
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Army Day Celebration (NADCEL 2019) by Racoon(m): 1:25pm On Jul 07, 2019
smiley
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Army Day Celebration (NADCEL 2019) by Funkybabee(f): 1:30pm On Jul 07, 2019
Where is my president
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Army Day Celebration (NADCEL 2019) by naptu2: 1:34pm On Jul 07, 2019
Funkybabee:
Where is my president

He travelled to Niger Republic for an African Union summit, where he will sign the African Free Trade Zone agreement.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Army Day Celebration (NADCEL 2019) by mightyhaze: 1:37pm On Jul 07, 2019
lekkan:
We both left Secondary school at 16.
We both took JAMB for tertiary institutions.
You Chose Unilag I Chose NDA.
Results came out and we both did well.
You got your Medicine and Surgery, I got recommend.
Every semester break you're always home.
Every Thermal break I might be on the Field!
You celebrate every Christmas with your Family.
I celebrate mine in the tents with my mates.
You chose a Career I chose a way of Life!
One day we both came back home from work!
Your parents were crying and so were mine.
Yours were shedding tears of joy for seeing you fulfill your dreams!
Mine were crying because I was lying in the coffin with medals on my shoulders.

I'm a Soldier, I'm born to Survive!
God Bless Nigeria!
God Bless Nigeria Army!!
At the end,everybody is exposed to occupational hazards..medical personell are exposed to all kinds of pathogens on an hourly basis..Mrs Adadevoh comes to mind.. Nigerian soldiers are paid with tax payers money.these tax payers are the hardworking Nigerians that toil day and night under rain and shine.same Nigerians that bear the brunt of their bestiality on the streets and elsewhere.. So last last everybody dey him own chosen hustle...no use another brush paint am.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Army Day Celebration (NADCEL 2019) by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jul 07, 2019
In few weeks time bokoharam will seize them.
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Army Day Celebration (NADCEL 2019) by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jul 07, 2019
God bless the Nigerian zombiee
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Army Day Celebration (NADCEL 2019) by Mexyz(m): 1:48pm On Jul 07, 2019
gilgal7:
Osibanjo and buratai should stay inside those trucks and the Nigerian soldiers should fire the truck with artillery guns and RPG for testing purpose... let's stop all this eye service politics
Aunty is this how you use to do? shocked
Not even Assault rifles, RPG and Artillery weapons

Take it easy Ma
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Army Day Celebration (NADCEL 2019) by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jul 07, 2019
harley88:

yep..... I think your last sentence is the case

Thanks! grin but you have failed to Adress my curiosity or Educating me since you are Not as stupid as i am.

Now, Anything esle reasonable you would like to add?

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Army Day Celebration (NADCEL 2019) by Nickshrapnel: 1:54pm On Jul 07, 2019
To all Soldier, Airforce and Naval officer out there, Thank you for your service!
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Army Day Celebration (NADCEL 2019) by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jul 07, 2019
naptu2:

Cheers! for elaborating, but on the photos on here the men Appears to be running along the moving (Atleast 15 mph) Vehicle Rather. i can't can see any protecting happening if they appear to be trying to catch up with the vehicle or catch their breaths grin
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Army Day Celebration (NADCEL 2019) by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jul 07, 2019
Chimaokigwe:

You aren't stupid, you are inquisitive.

The job of those men is to be the last wall of defence of their principal. They are supposed to immediately deal with perceived threats on all sides and that's why they usually surround the vehicle. If a bullet comes, their job is to take it instead of allowing it get to their principal.

Their training allows them trot beside the VP's vehicle if the vehicle is moving at a slow pace. If faster than that, there is usually an Suv just behind them which they ride in or hang on to.

For you to see them walking, their principal's vehicle isn't moving fast. It's a slow ride in a short distance.

Make no mistake, they are well qualified, trained and capable to deal with potential threats.
Cheers! for elaborating. smiley
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Army Day Celebration (NADCEL 2019) by engrchykae(m): 2:07pm On Jul 07, 2019
lekkan:
We both left Secondary school at 16.
We both took JAMB for tertiary institutions.
You Chose Unilag I Chose NDA.
Results came out and we both did well.
You got your Medicine and Surgery, I got recommend.
Every semester break you're always home.
Every Thermal break I might be on the Field!
You celebrate every Christmas with your Family.
I celebrate mine in the tents with my mates.
You chose a Career I chose a way of Life!
One day we both came back home from work!
Your parents were crying and so were mine.
Yours were shedding tears of joy for seeing you fulfill your dreams!
Mine were crying because I was lying in the coffin with medals on my shoulders.

I'm a Soldier, I'm born to Survive!
God Bless Nigeria!
God Bless Nigeria Army!!
you are no soldier rather you are the king's man.
you serve the gang called government you do not serve the people.
you chose arms because it will earn you fear of your compatriots and certain advantages to break the law and intimidate.
your good friend chose to heal people,the path of raphael the healing angel but instead of choosing the path of the defending michael you rather chose the path of appollyon the destroyer.
what on earth is the rational behind odi,zaki biam,shiites in kaduna and Igbos if not that the military is a place where humans are robbed of their humanity and baptised in monstrosity.
the military kill the man and ressurects the beast.
military is never a way of life rather is the way of death.
the military first strip themselves pf humanity and then rob humans of their lives.
the nigeria military have never fought and won any war for the interest of the african.
in congo the nigeria army fought against fellow africans for the economic interest of congo.
in liberia,we fought for the intewrest of dupont who needs liberian rubber for making tyres.
in biafra nigeria fought for shell which is why the war dogs all have oil wells such as ty danjuma,babangida,buhari,obasanjo etc
ghana must stand up and carry bthe flag for mother africa because nigeria is a disgrace

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Army Day Celebration (NADCEL 2019) by naptu2: 2:10pm On Jul 07, 2019
gypsey:
Cheers! for elaborating, but on the photos on here the men Appears to be running along the moving (Atleast 15 mph) Vehicle Rather. i can't can see any protecting happening if they appear to be trying to catch up with the vehicle or catch their breaths grin

You'd be surprised. Those men are trained to react in such situations.

This reminds me of the Secret Service agents that were specially trained to take care of Bill Clinton.

I remember that people made fun of Clinton c1993 because of his weight. Therefore, after he became president, he decided that he was going to go jogging everyday on the public streets around the White House.

The Secret Service did not want him to go jogging on public streets, but he insisted, so they trained certain handpicked agents to be able to keep up with him and still have the stamina to respond to any threats that they might encounter.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Army Day Celebration (NADCEL 2019) by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jul 07, 2019
That's all? grin grin
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Army Day Celebration (NADCEL 2019) by Funkybabee(f): 2:11pm On Jul 07, 2019
naptu2:

He travelled to Niger Republic for an African Union summit, where he will sign the African Free Trade Zone agreement.

Oh I see Ajala as usual
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Army Day Celebration (NADCEL 2019) by Ttipsy(f): 2:14pm On Jul 07, 2019
since our vice president can't wear suit to look official
our Gallant soldiers should also start wearing Agbada.
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Army Day Celebration (NADCEL 2019) by engrchykae(m): 2:15pm On Jul 07, 2019
gypsey:

this is my nmumber 08039145178.
i love the way you reason and thats the type of friend i need.
by the way the military is not a proper place for a man or woman with dignity.
if you are a philosopher or free thinker you are not supposed to be in the military.
the military is for brutes

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Army Day Celebration (NADCEL 2019) by Nobody: 2:15pm On Jul 07, 2019
naptu2:

Perharps i am viewing it from an Ordinary man's possition. smiley
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Army Day Celebration (NADCEL 2019) by naptu2: 2:16pm On Jul 07, 2019
gypsey:
Perharps i am viewing it from an Ordinary man's possition. smiley

Check my post again. I modified it.
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Army Day Celebration (NADCEL 2019) by engrchykae(m): 2:18pm On Jul 07, 2019
gypsey:
Thanks! grin you see? it makes no sense, Men on foot protecting a man on a Moving Vehicle, The men in suits on foot are the ones who would need protecting in this situation.
they are pawns and pawns can be sacrificed at any time
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Army Day Celebration (NADCEL 2019) by ogbonti: 2:20pm On Jul 07, 2019
did anyone notice the complete disorderliness in their dress code
the chief of army staff was wearing battle fatigue camou, while the rest officers wore ceremonial uniforms

there is a communication issue here, shows the military is in disarray!

secondly, I have never see where a non-commissioned officer stands in from of a commissioned officer
when taking a parade ride - this is the first time I am seeing it in my life - look at the pic OSUNBADE took
while ridding!
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Army Day Celebration (NADCEL 2019) by Nobody: 2:22pm On Jul 07, 2019
engrchykae:
this is my nmumber 08039145178.
i love the way you reason and thats the type of friend i need.
by the way the military is not a proper place for a man or woman with dignity.
if you are a philosopher or free thinker you are not supposed to be in the military.
the military is for brutes
cheers!! grin You are correct, i could never Join the Army or military or fight An Unnecerssary war, i would feel foolish and used, i mean, while i will be in the Desserts shooting at other humans like me who did me no wrong personally. the people who created the war are sitting in their living room sipping fine wines.

If it's really an unavoidable war, let every man Come along so we all fight the war. This is how i see wars and military anyway.
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Army Day Celebration (NADCEL 2019) by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jul 07, 2019
engrchykae:
they are pawns and pawns can be sacrificed at any time
Absolutely!
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Army Day Celebration (NADCEL 2019) by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jul 07, 2019
naptu2:

This reminds me of the Secret Service agents that were specially trained to take care of Bill Clinton.

I remember that people made fun of Clinton c1993 because of his weight. Therefore, after he became president, he decided that he was going to go jogging everyday on the public streets around the White House.

The Secret Service did not want him to go jogging on public streets, but he insisted, so they trained certain handpicked agents to be able to keep up with him and still have the stamina to respond to any threats that they might encounter.

Interesting.

like prince Harry here in the UK, who claimed to have been in the Army but never fought any wars, and when he was in the army briefly he had SSS men with him protecting him whilst he is supposed to be a soldier and in the Army undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fati Abubakar, Nigeria’s Most Unique First Lady / Atiku Speaks On The Naira Redesign Policy Of The CBN / Boko Haram Camps “Wiped Out” – Nigerian Military

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.