Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,948 members, 7,799,214 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:03 PM

APC: Oshiomhole, Adebayo, Moghalu For Ministerial Posts - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC: Oshiomhole, Adebayo, Moghalu For Ministerial Posts (41423 Views)

APC: Oshiomhole Names Governors Against Him After Meeting With Buhari / Buhari Fumes Over APC Oshiomhole's Comment / I Am Happy The Mercenaries Have Left APC - Oshiomhole Reacts To Defection (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC: Oshiomhole, Adebayo, Moghalu For Ministerial Posts by Islie: 11:37am On Jul 07, 2019
…as party moves to rebuild confidence of members

By Johnchuks Onuanyim

The national leadership of the All Progressives Congress (APC) is said to be on the verge of organising its National Working Committee (NWC) in order to restore members confidence and tame the crisis in the party’s leadership.

Top party member from the Presidency disclosed this to our correspondent over the weekend.

According to the source, the restructuring of the party would take the form of pulling some NWC members away and injecting new members to restore confidence of members in the leadership of the party.
“Some NWC members would be appointed ministers, while some will get Ambassadorial posting.

“Among those that would be appointed ministers are the National Chairman, Comrade Adams Oshiomhole (Edo); Deputy National Chairman South, Chief Niyi Adebayo (Ekiti) and the National Auditor, Chief George Moghalu (Anambra),” the source said.

It would be recalled that the APC Deputy National Chairman North, Senator Lawal Shuaibu, had last month, asked the National Chairman of the APC, Adams Oshiomhole, to resign because of the alleged poor performance of the party in the last general elections.

According to Shuaibu, that APC lost state governorship elections, national and state assembly seats as a result of lack of capacity on the part of the National Chairman.

Also, the former APC National Chairman, Chief John Odigie-Oyegun, accused the APC NWC of trading the party’s primaries.

Oyegun, reacting to the allegation that he laid the landmine of the crisis in APC through his Public Affairs Adviser, Chief Ray Murphy, said: “It is common knowledge that Oshiomhole ran the most fraudulent primaries in the history of politics in Nigeria. Recall that INEC said so when it adjudged Oshiomhole primaries as the worst so far. The courts are saying the same thing today by upturning many APC primaries for being undemocratic and less than fair. Was it Oyegun who ran the primaries?”

Beyond the problems of the primaries, there is also no love lost among some of the NWC members as the Working Committee is highly factionalised.

It would be recalled that the APC National Legal Adviser, Mr. Babatunde Ogala, had last year, written to the National Chairman, Adams Oshiomhole, accusing him of usurping his position in the NWC.

But the Presidential source said that the APC National Chairman cannot be singled out for blame for the crisis that rocked the party’s primaries as he could not have acted in isolation.

According to the source, the party leadership believes that the NWC should be pruned by at least 50% to restore credibility to the party leadership.

To achieve this, the Presidency and some national leadership members of the APC have agreed that some NWC members will be eased out by being made ministers, ambassadors and head of government agencies.

The APC NWC is made up of 21 members and about 12 of them might be relieved of their positions in the party’s Working Committee.

But when the National Auditor, Chief George Moghalu, was confronted with development in the party, he denied any knowledge of it.

He said: “I am hearing this for the first time and that is the truth. I am not aware of any such arrangements. Fortunately for me, you started saying that you heard from the Presidency and since you said that you heard from the Presidency, it’s like saying you heard from the stadium because you can’t point to anybody now and say he is the presidency.”

Asked if that would be a welcoming idea for the party, Moghalu quipped: “I wouldn’t know because anybody who is thinking like that must have his reasons and it is for that person to justify his reasons for such thoughts.”

Another party member, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, said engaging them as ministers might also cause another problem in another place. He, however, said it is the only and safest way to rebuild confidence in the party.

The party member said: “That would create other problems if they were made ministers but that is also a good thing for the party as it is the only and safest way to rebuild the party.”

President Muhammadu Buhari is set to announce the composition of his new cabinet soon.

https://www.newtelegraphng.com/2019/07/apc-oshiomhole-adebayo-moghalu-for-ministerial-posts/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC: Oshiomhole, Adebayo, Moghalu For Ministerial Posts by aolawale025: 11:38am On Jul 07, 2019
Jobs for the guys

1 Like

Re: APC: Oshiomhole, Adebayo, Moghalu For Ministerial Posts by thesicilian: 11:45am On Jul 07, 2019
Ambode should get a slot too.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC: Oshiomhole, Adebayo, Moghalu For Ministerial Posts by Shuku0kukobambi: 1:34pm On Jul 07, 2019
I even thought the Moghalu is Dr Kingsley Moghalu of the YPP party and former deputy governor of CBN

73 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC: Oshiomhole, Adebayo, Moghalu For Ministerial Posts by SoNature(m): 2:09pm On Jul 07, 2019
Long overdue
Don't plunge the country into another round of recession
Re: APC: Oshiomhole, Adebayo, Moghalu For Ministerial Posts by lasthero: 2:09pm On Jul 07, 2019
Cool
Re: APC: Oshiomhole, Adebayo, Moghalu For Ministerial Posts by emeijeh(m): 2:09pm On Jul 07, 2019
I thought Moghalu said he will decline earlier this year?
Re: APC: Oshiomhole, Adebayo, Moghalu For Ministerial Posts by Feranchek(m): 2:09pm On Jul 07, 2019
Tor. I been fear ooo! I thought it was Kingsley Moghalu. I for just ves.

Gather here if you thought same thing too grin

58 Likes

Re: APC: Oshiomhole, Adebayo, Moghalu For Ministerial Posts by lmm4real: 2:10pm On Jul 07, 2019
Hummmmm undecided with all this, the best bet is to leave this country.

Last Last we go abandon the country for una.

4 Likes

Re: APC: Oshiomhole, Adebayo, Moghalu For Ministerial Posts by JudgeOGBUNABALI(m): 2:10pm On Jul 07, 2019
angry
Re: APC: Oshiomhole, Adebayo, Moghalu For Ministerial Posts by Abbeyme: 2:10pm On Jul 07, 2019
At all, at all, na im bad.

E get somtin at least.

Something to distract him from distracting the governors

2 Likes

Re: APC: Oshiomhole, Adebayo, Moghalu For Ministerial Posts by Bolustical: 2:11pm On Jul 07, 2019
emeijeh:
Oga, read news and not headlines.

That is how you people peddle false news around.

The Moghalu here isn't Kingsley (former Deputy Gov of CBN)

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC: Oshiomhole, Adebayo, Moghalu For Ministerial Posts by Bolustical: 2:11pm On Jul 07, 2019
KidsNEXTdoor:

Buhari is a failure
I bet your Dad who is a ''success" has never even been a class captain before let alone an LG Chairman.

I lie?

18 Likes 1 Share

I doubt the authenticity of this news.

Same media that was speculating whether Fasola/Tunde Bakare would be the President's Chief of Staff.

We know how it went.

5 Likes

Re: APC: Oshiomhole, Adebayo, Moghalu For Ministerial Posts by AngelicBeing: 2:11pm On Jul 07, 2019
sad
Re: APC: Oshiomhole, Adebayo, Moghalu For Ministerial Posts by porshnuel: 2:12pm On Jul 07, 2019
Oshimole me like a whole me minister
New meme loading

1 Like

Re: APC: Oshiomhole, Adebayo, Moghalu For Ministerial Posts by MrBONE2(m): 2:12pm On Jul 07, 2019
The lists is incomplete without Solomon Dalung and Lai Muuh a

grin

2 Likes

Re: APC: Oshiomhole, Adebayo, Moghalu For Ministerial Posts by lonelydora: 2:12pm On Jul 07, 2019
If Kingsley Moghalu still has ambition of vying for 2023 president, he houldn't accept this offer.

If he does, APC government will rubbish him just like the way they did to Ibe Kachikwu, and that will make him look as if he's not intelligent. They shouldn't be deceived, Buhari is not the one in charge, the cabals are. The cabals won't take whatever suggestion he will make as a minister.

This is my 1 cent.

Edited: I even thought it's Kingsley Moghalu of YPP and Deputy Governor of CBN

2 Likes

Re: APC: Oshiomhole, Adebayo, Moghalu For Ministerial Posts by KidsNEXTdoor: 2:12pm On Jul 07, 2019
aolawale025:
Jobs for the guys

Nigeria is designed to fail
Re: APC: Oshiomhole, Adebayo, Moghalu For Ministerial Posts by KidsNEXTdoor: 2:12pm On Jul 07, 2019
Bolustical:
hmmnn

Buhari is a failure

1 Like

Re: APC: Oshiomhole, Adebayo, Moghalu For Ministerial Posts by BruncleZuma: 2:12pm On Jul 07, 2019
grin grin grin grin
Re: APC: Oshiomhole, Adebayo, Moghalu For Ministerial Posts by Heineken(m): 2:13pm On Jul 07, 2019
Hope he's not bringing back that adebayo shittu... That man poor
Re: APC: Oshiomhole, Adebayo, Moghalu For Ministerial Posts by uzohrome(m): 2:13pm On Jul 07, 2019
Fake news

2 Likes

Re: APC: Oshiomhole, Adebayo, Moghalu For Ministerial Posts by pat077: 2:14pm On Jul 07, 2019
They should make oshiomole ambassador to one useless country in the middle east

4 Likes

Re: APC: Oshiomhole, Adebayo, Moghalu For Ministerial Posts by DuBLINGreenb(m): 2:14pm On Jul 07, 2019
Mo'Ha'Lu congrats in advance even tho I doubt it
Re: APC: Oshiomhole, Adebayo, Moghalu For Ministerial Posts by sylve11: 2:15pm On Jul 07, 2019
issokay.... cool
Re: APC: Oshiomhole, Adebayo, Moghalu For Ministerial Posts by emerged01(m): 2:16pm On Jul 07, 2019
emeijeh:
There are many Moghalu,so endeavour to read.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Wike: Peter Obi Is The Hero Of The Election / Police Tells Saraki Not To Interfere In Investigation Of Gang Of Hired Assassins / Army Has Met December Deadline Of Defeating Boko Haram – Lai Mohammed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.